• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trip to the land of freedom | Update with Info on 'The Airship' ~ Vyse

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
As mentioned in the other thread, $3,000 is a good amount but budget for more if you want spending moniessss.

tedeth

Smash Master
Personally I would be wanting to go for a bit longer this time. I might even try to spend like all of my July there if possible, then head back with everyone else.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm I need to organize time off work pretty soon then... I wonder if I have enough saved up...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I already have June 23 - July 25 under my belt so I might see yall there at the Airship.

And I think people will need to be saving more than $3000. $4000 is more appropriate since yall will be taking extra planes to reach the EC.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
CAOTIC's guide to traveling to the USA for Airship & Apex2, 2010.

First of all, if you are deciding to hit both Airship and Apex2, it's best to fly in and out of Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD), or the Ronald Reagan Airport (DCA) since Washington DC is located at the midpoint between the two majors, which are in New Jersey and North Carolina (both of these states are about 3 hours drive from the DC area).

Using Sydney as an example, your flights would most likely be routed like this:
SYD - LAX - IAD/DCA

If you are only going to the Airship, fly to Raleigh-Durham International
SYD - LAX - RDU

If you are only going to Apex 2, fly to either, John F Kennedy International, Newark International or LaGuardia International.
SYD - LAX - JFK/EWR/LGA

Use Yahoo Farechase for a rough estimate on flight costs.

Using July 1 to July 27 as an example to fly from Sydney to Washington DC:
American Airlines ($2254 USD)
United ($2263 USD)
Qantas ($2583 USD)
Air New Zealand ($2752 USD)
Delta ($3026 USD)

A better way to save on flights is to look at the websites for V Australia, Qantas, Air AZ, Delta, or Air China to find cheaper connections to LAX. From LAX, US Domestic flights to the east coast are typically around $300RT. This could potentially save you many hundreds of dollars.

You may find cheaper flights through seasonal sales, but the general trends point to this season being significantly more expensive than the flights to Genesis last year. Good luck finding cheaper flights.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so anyways guys, we should start serisouly organzing this now, last time we went we had it all booked by janurary I think, so I think we're starting to run out of time.

who's intrested in going?
cao - the lord of traveling (will be there for other stuff anyway
ashley - with cao
ted - pretty much going no matter what
luke - could be difficult but I wouldnt want to miss it
EA - same as luke
gords - planning on going
tibs - subtly expressed intrest

gords suggested 20th of july to the 10th of august, that sounds like a good period of time (its 3 weeks)
but if I can get the time off, me and ted will probs stay an extra week or so, really get around america this time, go visit all the peeps we need to visit and show off our amazing walls of elysium skillz.

anyone know the date for apex 2?

anyways suggestions guys? like I said, lets get the ball rolling asap.

ted we'll talk and organize some of this stuff this weekend

Gords

Smash Champion
Apex 2 is on the 7th & 8th August iirc. Anyways it's the weekend before the 10th august.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If people want to go San Diego again, I'll be in California around July 8-July 17. Basically to go to the zoos and finish what I started with a bonfire.

I suggest those who want to do stuff in California arrive a week early before Airship.

Top Bottom