• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tree Stump Mafia - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in the forest?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nope, scum wins this game. I will not stump. You will lynch me and I'll flip town. It's game over, gg scum. I'd just like to give some of my favorite Cello highlights before I stop paying attention to this game. Obviously, the whole Omis/sword for scum, coinflip between the two thing, but let's see what else.

Although seriously, I won't justify the first part with a response. No, I think I will. "Based on the play of the rest of the game", huh? You're just going to ignore everything that's happened up until now?
Oh yeah, don't justify it with a response when it's a legitimate comment. And better yet, THOSE TWO PHRASES MEAN THE SAME THING! Basing decisions on the play of the game and on "everything that's happened up until now" are literally the same thing. But thanks for calling me scummy for something you apparently don't actually think is scummy you just wanted a point to make on me.

This was when there were 5 town and 1 scum.

This is when we're down to MyLo. He's so cheerful. Kill him. He's the last scum.
Yep, because there's no way I was tired of a game that was getting ruined by inactivity, but decided to try to get some enthusiasm back when I got prodded for the sake of not letting it get more ruined. It's never happened before that a townie had their motivation killed, and when they came back were more enthused after taking a couple days away, it just can't happen. Obviously.

Why did you abandon me when you starting taking heat for it, thereby taking the "safe route", the very scumtell you used against Brockin?
Really? I abandoned you? Let's look at the posts this refers to real quick.

Right now, I'm leaning toward trusting Cello. If he's town, he will go through with the stumping before the day is up. More importantly, he will not let himself be actually lynched most assuredly. Although I haven't agreed with all his points, he's one of my strongest town reads prior to the Heatstroke stumping. While his actions since do beg some question to the read, I'm still relatively confident in it. Overall I'm prepared to give him the grace period he is asking for, although I do want him to stump by the end of the day simply because the longer he doesn't, the less I'll be able to trust him.
My FIRST real post of the game, I'm saying that the longer you don't stump, the less I'll be able to trust you. Now, the post where you say I back off:

Actually, if you read the whole thing, the fact that he didn't immediately stump has hurt my view of him. I never said the fact that he hasn't is pro-town whatsoever. Please don't make accusations that don't add up to what people say as a clear, it doesn't end well. Also, to further explain, the reason I'm willing to not push for immediate stumping, is that I can see benefit behind Cello's role staying ambiguous for a while, just as he and Marshy have said. He NEEDS to stump for sure, but there are benefits to be had by delaying it a bit, and, assuming he's actually town, eventually clearing himself.
This says in different words the EXACT SAME THING. The longer you stayed unstumped, the less I would trust you. The only thing that changed between these two posts is instead of "the longer he doesn't, the less I'll be able to trust him" and "He needs to stump for sure, but there are benefits to be had by delaying a bit" is that in the second one, I straight up say you need to stump(which, btw, is heavily implied in the first post by the whole losing trust thing) instead of saying I want you to and that the longer you hold out the less I'll trust you. But yeah, major difference and backing off between those posts.

Those are just the notable ones I remember, I don't feel like re-reading everything just to see if there were any other arguments you made on me that really aren't that good and are due to your dislike of my playstyle causing you to tunnel on me. However, I've made my point.

And as for your latest post: No thanks, it's done. Scum gets the win. I've been pushed by you ever since my second post of the game essentially, and I don't feel like defending myself against baseless arguments. And yes, everything I quoted here is a terrible argument. Honestly, the only point in this post that's even ambiguous is the one about my enthusiasm. The other 3 points I've commented on if you actually pay attention to my posts the argument becomes worthless. Thank you on behalf of the scum for their win Cello.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oddly enough, I've made my best counterargument of the game upon giving up. I guess it goes to show how much I'm tired of reading your cases against me that it takes giving up and deciding to point out that you were tunneling hard to put it together. But you know the best part? I've pointed out the flaws in these arguments before, and never were they even acknowledged. Seriously, it's been fun being torn down so much with the worst arguments I've ever heard that led to a lynch.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If you were ever as worn out from this game as you claim that you are, you would have stumped by now.

Further, like I said about you before,

Mentos said:
Heatstroke said:
So, metagaming = him being clear.

okay.
First of all, ninja'd by Cello, second of all, I have NEVER said Cello is clear. In fact, many times, I have said that if he doesn't stump by the end of the day, he will be very fair game to lynch. There's some scumminess around him, and if he turns out to have been straight up lying I WILL be voting him. That question I asked him? There so that if the situation I described arises and he DOESN'T self stump, he has no way to try to weasel out of it if he's scum. I now have a clear statement that he has guaranteed to stump by the end of the day, and he has said he will do it before the end of the day if his situation arises. Either way, if it doesn't happen in one of the two scenarios, he's scum and will be lynched. Why destroy potential(and imo likely) benefit when we have him clearly in position where if he is scum, he is caught?
...this quote shows that your primary concern was making sure that I stumped despite being a stupidly strong town read. And, "there's some scumminess about him"? The first time you say anything like that was when Heat got onto you for supporting me. You abandoned me back then, then later, tried to claim credit for supporting me.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Like I said, he's refused. Ignore Appeals to Emotion. Make him no longer alive. Lynch. Kill. Fall on him.

@Mod: Do we make a sound when we stump?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you were ever as worn out from this game as you claim that you are, you would have stumped by now.

Further, like I said about you before,

...this quote shows that your primary concern was making sure that I stumped despite being a stupidly strong town read. And, "there's some scumminess about him"? The first time you say anything like that was when Heat got onto you for supporting me. You abandoned me back then, then later, tried to claim credit for supporting me.
Actually the first time I make mention that there was some scumminess in your actions was, well, let's look at that first post again:

While his actions since do beg some question to the read, I'm still relatively confident in it.
Right there, I specifically said that my read on you was hurt. How else is a town read hurt other than scumminess? In the first post I made, I had already said that yeah, I had a strong read, but I also made it clear that your actions had hurt that read, and would continue to do so, for what reason? Well, because they were scummy and I started to trust myself less. So, I did clearly express, in my first post, the fact that you weren't completely clear, and that you not stumping right away had put the "what if I'm wrong" thoughts in the back of my mind. No difference between what I said in the first post, and what I said in the one you quoted.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
"I'm still...confident in [Cello's towniness]" is saying that you thought I had made a scummy action? Besides, what exactly are you even arguing for at this point? That you supported me, or that you didn't? You're trying to take both sides.

You know, for giving up on this game, you sure are coming back to it a lot. Especially since it's for points that you have to stretch arguments soooooooo much to make.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Mentos, there are three townies and only one scum left. We can still afford one4 extra stump. If you truly given up on this game, then stump yourself.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omis, I also made some pretty **** good defenses against many of Cello's arguments. Regardless, the point of that was to show how Cello was tunneling me so much, that half the arguments that he came up with as to why he thinks I'm scummy that half of them don't make sense with what I said. Long as that point gets made clear, I don't really care about the rest.

D

Deleted member

what omis said.

also simple question, simple answer:
You said that you don't care much for this game any more, then why aren't you stumping?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Quite simply, town doesn't deserve the win to begin with, and if they're going to let Cello's terrible arguments(oddly enough, the only one who has actually made a case saying I was scummy) change their minds, then it's more deserving loss than to begin with.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nick said:
So is this a refusal to stump?

I'm going to L-1 him tomorrow.
L-1 him now. Don't bother waiting. The only other reasonable course of action would be to select one of Omis or Sworddancer that you want to stump ahead of time, just to be sure. In which case, I say we let Nick have sole discretion over that.

I'd rather just lynch Mentos.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count X-11
mentosman8: (0)
Omis: (0)
Nicholas1024: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Not Voting:
mentosman8, Omis, Nicholas1024, Sworddancer. (
)

Living Treestumps:
HeatStroke (Town)
Cello_Marl (Town)

Brockin (Town)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (Town)
SummonerAU
(Town)
The Paprika Killer (Town)

3/4 to lynch.
Deadline is May 12, 11:59PM EST.

D

Deleted member

By lynching Mentos, we have only a 1/4 chance of hitting scum. If we lynch him, we have to be absolutely sure that he's scum. Be very, very certain of that.

#HBC | Dancer

So when should I hammer guys?

Also, SSBF, have you been reading this game? Mentos is scummier than the scummiest scum of scumville.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
No, SSBF, it's not 1/4, at absolute worst (assuming that Nick could be scum), it's 1/3.

Sworddancer is now absolutely clear, as much as any stump. If he were scum, he'd have just gone ahead and won.

Now, I'm shifting responsibility to Sworddancer. Do you want to stump one of Omis or Nicholas just to be safe, or do you want to go ahead and hammer Mentos?

D

Deleted member

So when should I hammer guys?

Also, SSBF, have you been reading this game? Mentos is scummier than the scummiest scum of scumville.
I'm not buying that unless someone gives reasons aside from "He won't stump.".

#HBC | Dancer

Alright, just one question, Nicholas has been pinned for town for awhile now. Why? A quick summary will do.

I'm probably going to just have Mentos lynched or omis stumped, but I just want an answer to that question first.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Go ahead and lynch me. Enjoy it. The whole point of these last several posts was to point out Cello's incredibly stupid play toward me, and apparently no one else can see how terrible the argument is because, well, you all still want to lynch me. Cello: When I flip town, I'll laugh. If I were to flip scum remember this: You would be right for all the wrong reasons. Your arguments against me don't fit what I actually said. All you did was decide "I think Mentos is scum" and proceeded to throw out point after point that twist my words and make points that don't hold up when you look at what I actually said.

This isn't the first time I've seen you do this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Just remember, you have been a leading force behind every. Single. Town. Death. In this game. If not for the mafia's rampant inactivity, this game would be a whole lot differently. Regardless, if this is the way play is here anymore, I think DBZ is going to be my last SWF game. Seriously, I remember back when I used to play actively and people actually realized when terrible arguments were made. When people thought for themselves. Most importantly, people never had an ego-complex where anyone who disagrees with them is scum. This is the first time I've ever gotten this frustrated over a mafia game, and it's all because of Cello acting like he can't be wrong, and anyone who says he is or disagrees with his plan he jumps on as scum and doesn't let go. Then twists their words into a way that makes them look scummy. It's terrible play, frustrating as all hell, and honestly, I just don't ever want to have to put up with it again.

Vote: Mentosman8

D

Deleted member

Go ahead and lynch me. Enjoy it. The whole point of these last several posts was to point out Cello's incredibly stupid play toward me, and apparently no one else can see how terrible the argument is because, well, you all still want to lynch me. Cello: When I flip town, I'll laugh. If I were to flip scum remember this: You would be right for all the wrong reasons. Your arguments against me don't fit what I actually said. All you did was decide "I think Mentos is scum" and proceeded to throw out point after point that twist my words and make points that don't hold up when you look at what I actually said.

This isn't the first time I've seen you do this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Just remember, you have been a leading force behind every. Single. Town. Death. In this game. If not for the mafia's rampant inactivity, this game would be a whole lot differently. Regardless, if this is the way play is here anymore, I think DBZ is going to be my last SWF game. Seriously, I remember back when I used to play actively and people actually realized when terrible arguments were made. When people thought for themselves. Most importantly, people never had an ego-complex where anyone who disagrees with them is scum. This is the first time I've ever gotten this frustrated over a mafia game, and it's all because of Cello acting like he can't be wrong, and anyone who says he is or disagrees with his plan he jumps on as scum and doesn't let go. Then twists their words into a way that makes them look scummy. It's terrible play, frustrating as all hell, and honestly, I just don't ever want to have to put up with it again.

Vote: Mentosman8
Wow, you are right. Completely and utterly right. I honestly do hope that Cello Marl does not screw up Dragonball Z Mafia for anyone and he drops the behavior he made here.

I wished you didn't self-hammer, thought, but you get your point across.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Ends & Night 1 Begins!

Day 1 Vote Count X-12
mentosman8:Omis, Nicholas1024, mentosman8 (
)
Omis: (0)
Nicholas1024: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Not Voting:
Sworddancer. (
)

Living Treestumps:
HeatStroke (Town)
Cello_Marl (Town)

Brockin (Town)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (Town)
SummonerAU
(Town)
The Paprika Killer (Town)

mentosman8 (Town) has been lynched!

Please send in all Night Actions to me by 05/11/2010 11:59PM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Night 1 Ends & Game Over!

Nicholas1024 (Town) is killed during the night!

Sworddancer. (Town) is endgamed!

Omis (Mafia) survives!

Omis, tHe-Man, and Pierre The Scarecrow (Mafia) win! Congratulations!

D

Deleted member

I KNEW IT! Omis was scum. Why didn't you lynch him instead of Mentosman8?

@Cello Marl: Congratulation, scum won. If you manage to get away with your ******** again in Dragonball Z Mafia, you're going to be sorry. I will not buckle down at all for you there.

Top Bottom