• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tree Stump Mafia - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in the forest?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright Mentos, glad to hear it. :)

I'm really sorry for all of those nasty things I said to you, I withdraw them all. Please forgive me.
Haha no problem man, they were completely reasonable given the situation you were seeing, can't blame you for it:)

Also, to your question about the-man, there were a couple reasons. He flat out disappeared, posted no content when he did post whereas you at least tried, and he was 2 people and had no excuse to go inactive.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Alright Cello good to hear, so next time I'm in a game with you and I'm scum I'll just not post and stealthily slid right into victory. :cool:

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
In that case, I don't have to worry about you. Town will lynch you over my protests.

See, the system does work!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
MMM Good point! I didn't consider that! I guess I'll just have get everyone else lynched and then lurk.

Well anyways good game everyone! All town did really badly and so did scum aside, I enjoyed this silly little game. Hope to play with you all again!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Bleh, to be quite honest, town still did terrible.

we only won cause of TWO modkills. Not one.

Not to mention Cello's points were wrong for the most reason, even mine.

I mean, seriously? no log = scummy? stupid.

No matter what anyone says, town didn't really win, nor deserved it due to what happen. Ya can be snotty about it, but it's true. =/

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Town is going to do nothing but kill each other when scum isn't actually playing & there's no scum to scumhunt and they just argue amongst themselves.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Explaining the benefit of posting logs would have defeated the point. Whether or not hydras even could post their logs was already in limbo by that time, so I needed to be sure of your true feelings about it based on what you thought about that issue. Since we could spare a lynch/stump anyway, I still think it was still a good choice, and have no regrets. If we had explained it, anyone in their right mind would just say, "Oh, yeah, I'd have done that" once it was sure that they didn't have to. I think Rockin, Swords, and Mentos are all underestimating how difficult it would be to make a truly genuine-looking log, considering how much material you'd have to make.

Actually, the only stumpings that I regret are Summoner, and to a lesser degree, Paprika. I should have been paying more attention after Summoner's stump rather than going off half-cocked on a revenge binge.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
way not to tell the mod tht the game was over =[

good **** mentos for stickin it out

thanks xoovo for hosting

no thanks to the inactive mofos

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I think Rockin, Swords, and Mentos are all underestimating how difficult it would be to make a truly genuine-looking log, considering how much material you'd have to make.
I don't recall anything written in the OP or Role PMs of this game or any game that says hydra accounts which are for some strange reason played by a single person will have their allignment become antitown, nor that it has any bearing whatsoever on allignment, for that matter. I'll have to write that one down.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
EvilEye said:
I don't recall anything written in the OP or Role PMs of this game or any game that says hydra accounts which are for some strange reason played by a single person will have their allignment become antitown, nor that it has any bearing whatsoever on allignment, for that matter. I'll have to write that one down.
Hmm. Neither did I! That must be some truly wonderful insight that you have there, EE.

Do you even know what we were talking about? A hydra account tends to talk among it's constituent elements. What did you talk about with Kirby King in Grammys 2? Surely, you wouldn't have been willing to post it in it's entirety to the group. Why not? Duh, "how shall we frame [name]" is hardly the sort of conversation that you would be willing to post. Town hydras don't have that problem, since, even if they wish to redact names or certain portions, intent can be easily inferred from context.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
What did you talk about with Kirby King in Grammys 2?
[collapse="not the answer you're expecting"]
3:26:30 AM me: what did you think about tandora asking hando about whether he would live through the night
3:26:53 AM Evil Eye: whoa where's that at?
3:26:58 AM Evil Eye: clearly I didn't read the thread closely enough
3:27:01 AM me: clearly.
3:27:06 AM me: his post with all the questions
3:27:09 AM me: i already mentioned it
3:27:09 AM Evil Eye: I'm on my laptop, which is uncomfortable and not conducive to good reading
3:27:10 AM Evil Eye: alright
3:27:15 AM me: in my post i mean
3:27:34 AM Evil Eye: Alright, let's think on this.
3:27:50 AM me: i mean i'm trying to figure out how it might be beneficial for scum
3:27:55 AM me: and i'm not sure that i'm coming up with much
3:28:06 AM me: hando is obviously not the cpr dude, he doesn't make the decision
3:28:15 AM Evil Eye: hmmm
3:28:17 AM me: so it's not like you could be asking him to help you guess whether that's going to happen or not
3:28:34 AM me: but OTOH i can't think of any benefit the discussion has for town, so why have it?
3:28:50 AM me: not like we can conclude "well the smart thing to do is X," because then scum anticipates that and does the opposite
3:28:51 AM Evil Eye: yeah I can't think of benefit one way or the other
8:41:13 PM Evil Eye: so what's the deal with marc
8:41:18 PM Evil Eye: he's a turbocoaster as scum
8:41:26 PM Evil Eye: so he throws a reaching vote on us and disappears?
8:41:28 PM Evil Eye: do not like
8:41:53 PM me: yeah
8:41:57 PM me: reminds me like exactly of tmnt
8:42:17 PM me: if he played like he did there he'll be incensed that i voted for him and accused him of not being active
8:42:30 PM me: so it's worth seeing what happens
8:50:59 PM me: you should ease up on tandora btw
8:51:00 PM Evil Eye: that medi started to consider the 1%
8:51:03 PM me: i think you're in crazy EE mode
8:51:08 PM me: and making too much out of things
8:51:34 PM Evil Eye: are you leaning town?
8:51:56 PM me: maybe slightly
8:51:59 PM me: not leaning scum anyway though
8:52:12 PM me: cello's a massive ****ing distraction
8:52:20 PM me: he would be a good fallback lynch tbh
8:52:23 PM me: but i don't want to say that
8:52:35 PM me: because saying someone is a good fallback lynch is a good way of making them the lynch
12:32:07 AM me: so my read on summoner is this
12:32:12 AM me: he decided he would try a gambit
12:32:34 AM me: be deliberately obtuse and use the "i'm gonna pretend i can read everyone like a book" meta ****
12:33:00 AM me: it didn't work the way he thought it would, we get to night before deadline (or what could have been deadline) faster than he wanted to with the boards going down
12:33:18 AM me: so he has to do a 180 fast to try to make it look like it was all actually part of a larger plan
12:33:28 AM me: and it looks like **** because, um, well, it wasn't
12:34:07 AM Evil Eye: ehhhhh
12:34:20 AM Evil Eye: I dunno about that
12:34:23 AM Evil Eye: think about it
12:34:25 AM Evil Eye: he literally blew
12:34:29 AM Evil Eye: the entire day
12:34:33 AM Evil Eye: on a gambit
12:34:43 AM me: he probably figured he would be ignored
12:34:43 AM Evil Eye: what he's saying? It was pretty god**** clear it wasn't working from the start
12:34:48 AM Evil Eye: but he kept going, and going, and going
12:34:52 AM me: i mean do you seriously think he might be town
12:34:54 AM Evil Eye: that just feels like dumbscum gambiting
12:35:03 AM Evil Eye: oh wait
12:35:04 AM me: um
12:35:06 AM me: are we disagreeing
12:35:07 AM Evil Eye: what are we arguing about
12:35:09 AM me: i think he's scum
12:35:09 AM Evil Eye: I think he's scum
12:35:11 AM me: lol
12:35:11 AM Evil Eye: ...
12:35:13 AM Evil Eye: well then
12:35:16 AM me: yeah
12:35:20 AM me: never said it was a town gambit
12:35:29 AM Evil Eye: hm
12:35:41 AM Evil Eye: I hate using chatlogs but this sums up our thoughts better than I probably could
11:41:37 PM Evil Eye: heh that'd be great
11:41:39 PM Evil Eye: POST YOUR CHATLOGS GUYS
11:41:51 PM Evil Eye: HAHA IF THEY'RE MAFIA THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE THAT IN A TIMELY FASHION
[/collapse]
There's way more but it's annoying to dig through. We deliberately talked like that the entire game just so we could post logs if anyone asked.

Using logs to verify a hydra's alignment is dumb.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
What were the dates on each log? Was there any point that you "discuss privately" something one of you has already addressed in thread? If so, do the logs specifically go out of their way to show surprise on one of your parts every single time? Are there ever missing portions at times when it would have reasonable for you to be talking to each other? Do you ever claim to have come to a consensus about something in thread, but never talk about it in log? Are they comfortable giving every single bit of information? (usually, something [someone's name] is removed) Do they only talk about mafia? (I personally find that I talk about a good deal more than mafia, like video games or tournaments and the like)

Only a fool would be looking only at the text.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I don't understand what you're asking. We talked about whatever we thought we had to talk about. We reacted however the circumstances dictated, with the one stipulation that we pretended we were town-aligned. We were still actually a hydra, you know--we had the same reasons to not always know what was the latest post in the thread or not talk for some period of time or not want to post complete logs as anyone else. Sometimes I didn't know where EE was or I was too busy to talk about the game with him. Sometimes we talked about other stuff (sometimes EE would share some of his thoughts about UCM, and obviously we would have to exclude that no matter what), but I don't know how you could possibly make an argument along the lines of "they only talk about mafia, therefore they are scum faking their logs".

Only a fool might look at the text, but it'd take a real ******* to try to meta a hydra's logs.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
KK said:
Only a fool might look at the text, but it'd take a real ******* to try to meta a hydra's logs.
Meta'ing the logs is the only way to gain useful information; we both agree that the text alone is not a guarantee of innocence (though it could be ****ing). Besides, isn't that the very reason you include a "don't use metadata" clause in your games? To prevent this sort of abuse, in all shapes and sizes? As long as log posting is allowed (though it looks like those days are dead), one might as well take advantage of it. Ban planking by planking.

Also, you and EE would probably be the outlier, not the norm, in that you were prepared. Do you think Brockin would have prepared that information ahead of time, had they been scum? I didn't.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Meta'ing the logs the way you're trying to won't reveal anything consistently useful. If you don't know how EE and I worked together as a scum/town hydra (and you couldn't have, because we had never hydra'd before at all) then how could you garner anything from our logs? The questions you asked don't have consistent answers based on our alignment. The timestamp on our logs isn't dependent on our alignment, it's dependent on when we have time to talk about the game. Whether or not we talk about other things besides mafia or redact information from the log doesn't have anything to do with whether we're scum or not either. Hell, even if we intentionally deceive people by saying one thing in the thread and another in our logs doesn't mean we're scum--it's the same reason you might not put all your cards on the table when you're playing solo, but your internal dialogue is going to consider lots of possibilities anyway.

The "don't use metadata" rule is to prevent people from doing stuff like "oh you claimed to get a Night action result huh, what was the PM ID of the response the moderator sent you" or "what was the exact time the PM was sent". Not really related to this.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
doesn't matter whose right,

posting logs are against the spirit of the game, akin to posting messages from the mod

Top Bottom