• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tree Stump Mafia - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in the forest?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
. . .I can't believe it, I just can't.

Mentos, do you realize how ****ing selfish that was? Town didn't deserve to win this game you say? Are you ****ing kidding me!? It's not our fault that mafia got themselves modkilled. You could of just stumped, but noooooooo. I have force my dumb ****ing standards over everyone else because I'm having a boo-hoo moment. Dude, I was in the clear, the clear, and for the most part so was Nicholas. You could of just stumped, that's all, and we could of found omis easily from there. But no, you denied us that because you wanted to act like a whiny little ***** instead. SSBF, no, that was not a good point at all.

I'm sorry for being so angry, but Mentos just failed so hard that I have to rant about it to blow off some steam.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry that town decided, even after I PROVED ALL OF CELLOS ARGUMENTS TO BE TWISTING OF MY WORDS, to lynch me. Not my problem.

D

Deleted member

@Sworddancer: Why shouldn't I defend Mentosman8's actions? He was a really good player here and he had a lot more legitimate reason then I did for self-hammering. And yes, Pierre the Mafia was right about Cello lining up people for stumping/lynches.

#HBC | Dancer

*sigh*

SSBF, there isn't a nice way of saying this, so I'm going to come straight out with it. Stop being an idiot. It's not Cello's fault we didn't win this game. He kept his options opened endgame. I could of had Omis stumped, and if Mentos stumped, then we could of narrowed it down to Omis easily. I hope DBZ mafia goes well for you all, but I think that if anyone screws that game up, it's probably going to be either Mentos or SSBF.

@Xiivi (and Macman): Thanks for hosting this game.

@Everyone else: I'm sorry for being inactive in this game. I realize that probably hurt the town somewhat. It's just I had some weird stuff going on in my life, and I still kind of do. Once again I'm really sorry for my poor play and I hope you all can forgive me.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Well played, Omis. Don't contact me out of game the way you did ever again.

Mentos, town decided to stump you. YOU decided to lynch you.

#HBC | Dancer

@Omis: Congratulations on winning. I guess it's not really my place to say that you deserve it, but please don't be egotistical about it. I'll say this victory is nothing to brag about.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Ends & REAL Game Over!

Day 1 Vote Count X-12
mentosman8: Omis, Nicholas1024, mentosman8 (
)
Omis: (0)
Nicholas1024: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Not Voting:
Sworddancer. (
)

Living Treestumps:
HeatStroke (Town)
Cello_Marl (Town)

Brockin (Town)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (Town)
SummonerAU
(Town)
The Paprika Killer (Town)

mentosman8 (Mafia) has been lynched!

HeatStroke, Cello_Marl, Brockin, Super Smash Bros. Fan, SummonerAU, The Paprika Killer, Omis, Nicholas1024, and Sworddancer. (Town) wins! Congratulations, and apologies for the fun me/Omis/mentosman8 had just now.

Ronike

Smash Ace
SSBF and NOBODY, shut the **** up. SSBF, Cello usually plays well, and everyone has bad games, so dont hang it over his head forever. NOBODY, everyone has good games, don't rub it in people's faces.

Good joke, good joke.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Grrr, Xivii! You totally had me. For about fifteen minutes I was completely furious.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Don't feel awkward, Sworddancer. You reacted according to information at your disposal.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I hope Xivii/Macman/someone gives us the post-game wrapup and advice. Mods haven't been doing that as much lately...

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
XDXD God, that end/postgame was hilarious. I do want to let everyone know, that my last posts of the game were entirely serious. Had I been town, I would have said the same things. Cello's argument was terrible, and I got sheeped. It was a case of one of the things I hate most about this game is when people are right for all the wrong reasons. Not a single one of Cello's points was actually a solid point. If I had been town, my play wouldn't have been one bit different. My last post also holds entirely true, and I'm likely done with mafia here as soon as DBZ wraps up.

Just remember everyone, making up arguments and twisting people's words is NOT the sign of an argument you should actually agree with. Even when I countered and pointed this out to all of you, not a single one of you said "Oh wow, he's right, Cello's points against him don't hold any water" because you were so focused on my refusal to stump that you never questioned that I must be scum, even when the only argument against me was torn to shreds. Never thought I would say it, but please people, l2play. When an argument doesn't fit with what has actually happened, and it's the only one on someone, 9 times out of 10 that person will flip town. Cello just got lucky that he picked me to make stuff up against.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
It was all three (Xiivi, Omis, and Mentos).

I'm glad my analysis of Omis wasn't mistaken. I'm actually most impressed with Today...if she hadn't replaced, mafia would have won. I wouldn't have stopped at anything to defend her...

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
TBH, I was beginning to suffer from endgame lockdown... after a certain point, I just get analysis paralysis and my brain shuts down. I was essentially going "Hey, Cello was right before, he's confirmed town, might as well trust him one more time."

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Mentos said:
If I had been town, my play wouldn't have been one bit different.
I don't think this is accurate. You would have stumped earlier to prove me wrong earlier.

Plus, the strongest argument against you was your "puzzle solving" bit, aided by your unwillingness to play. You can say that's how you'd have played as town all you like, but I don't believe it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sword: I honestly don't know. Part of me would have wanted to do exactly what I did just because of how angry Cello got me, coupled with the fact that honestly, had it not been for rampant inactivity, mafia would have won this game. However, the other part of me is the part that's been in every game I've ever played here that hates ruining the game like that would have been, and a much stronger part of me, so I probably would have stumped very, very bitterly at the end there.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I was ready to start ranting stuff along the lines of "You only won because Mentos decided to be a jerk" and etc. etc...

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
And @Cello's ninja: No, I would have forced it to go to where I did, it just would have been stumping instead of voting in that last post. Nothing about that would have changed whatsoever.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Your play in this game reminds me of mine from RTS mafia actually...

Basically lone scum
Both pinned by an argument which didn't really hold water (at least from the scum's perspective)
All the way down to both self-hammering to end the game.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I don't agree that mafia would have won without rampant inactivity. We just can't know that one way or another. After all, every time that we killed scum, they would have to kill someone; someone that we wouldn't have ended up stumping. Summoner comes to mind with that, and Nick would likely have been the other target.

Also, thanks to Ronike for praising my play.

#HBC | Dancer

Alright Mentos, glad to hear it. :)

I'm really sorry for all of those nasty things I said to you, I withdraw them all. Please forgive me.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
They might have. If the_man and Pierre get lynched instead of modkilled, me and Summoner (probably) die, and we're down to an endgame of TPK, Mentos, Omis, and Swordancer. Not exactly ideal.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Not to mention, the huge overriding point against the_man was his inactivity, without that he would have remained in the town side of my (and likely other people's) radar.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Didn't most people turn against tHe-Man because he technically supported Popcorn? I brought up other stuff too, but I don't know how it was received.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
No, it was his inactivity that convinced me. The popcorn thing was brought up long afterwords, when people were already turning against him.

#HBC | Dancer

Btw what was it about tHE-MAN's inactivity that was so scummy but my inactivity that wasn't? I mean, I know at a point there was a lot of people thought I was scum but it seemed to take awhile before people started thinking this, while tHE-MAN's seemed to be jumped on quicker, at least from my perspective.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I don't consider inactivity scummy at all. I just amplify the importance of anything that such a person says.

I remember what turned me against tHe-Man now. He wanted to stump an arbitrary number of people (four). That was ****ed scummy.

Top Bottom