• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tree Stump Mafia - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in the forest?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Cello, I think I'd rather trust Mentos. I've had Omis as scum for a while and he's done nothing to change that. *sigh* I wish Summoner hadn't stumped.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nick, Mentos was just gone ever since tHe-Man's modkill. Then, after Summoner and Paprika stumps, he's magically back? Why do you think he was gone? Maybe because he thought that everyone other than you and Summoner was going to die?

This was when there were 5 town and 1 scum.

This is when we're down to MyLo. He's so cheerful. Kill him. He's the last scum.
You ninja'd me. Hm.... I think I'll wait until morning to make my decision.

Unvote

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Fine, fine, accept Omis as scum, but get Mentos to stump first. If you're so confident that Omis is scum, then it shouldn't be a problem to have Sworddancer go to Finals, right?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello, if you noticed I got a prod. I haven't been motivated in this game since 2/3 of the mafia handed themselves to us on a silver platter, but I wasn't about to let prods build up and have yet another modkill. Since I got a prod I came back and read up on what I missed, and yeah I am cheerful, because we should be able to kill a scum before they get themselves modkilled from inactivity for once>_>

Purple

Hi guys!
I was informed that if i was to get modkilled we would be taken into night time, i am posting here to remove that opportunity. I have other mafia games to take care of and being dead just made me lose all incentive, i will be back in 24 with an extremely basic read on things.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Interesting way to word that, Mentos. "Yet another modkill", lacks a certain sense of urgency that alive townies should have. Especially considering that "yet another modkill" on a townie results in a loss for us. Also, tHe-Man's modkill showing him as scum would have virtually guaranteed being able to find the last scum without resorting to a third modkill. Why did you wait until you were prodded (conveniently after two town stumps and visible town disarray) to come back and act so cheerfully?

D

Deleted member

Mentosman8 gave the exact reason why I've been unmotivated to do anything in this game recently (The only game I'm actually putting forth much effort in (That I'm still alive) is Dragonball Z Mafia). Town is almost guarateen to win if we keep this up, it's like there's no challenge for us, scums gave up too early.

Also, as for the stumps, why posts beside to avoid prods? It's not like we're going to get lynched anyway.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello: Most of the reason I play these games is trying to figure things out. When 2/3's of the puzzle is already figured out, it's not that much fun to finish it. I started to focus on DBZ, and was debating just stumping myself when my prod came. When I read up, I felt we were in a situation which we could at least get something out of, so I came back to play.

As for the "yet another modkill", we've already had two. If I didn't have any "sense of urgency" I wouldn't have posted. Fact is, I'm not too enthusiastic about this game at this point, and the only thing that I have had that reconnected me to the game was the fact that I feel I know we can get the last scum, and at least something's better than nothing.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I was talking about your specific wording, not just that you mention modkills. If you were town, I think you'd have said something about town losing.

Further, your talk of figuring out a puzzle is bull. Nick is very obviously town; who else is there? You, Omis and Sworddancer. If you were town, from your perspective, there would be no mystery here; It's either Omis or Sworddancer. If "solving a puzzle" was the real reason for your enthusiasm, then you would have offered your opinion/advice on the subject rather than saying "Let's get this to Final 3 (with someone that has declared explicitly trusting me [Nick])".

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Omis, vote for Mentos. You're my new sword. I'll argue for you if necessary. That's what we're here for, right?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mentos: Omis's vote will be on you, because it ultimately boils down to him or you for him. If either Nick or Sworddancer declares their intent to vote for you, will you stump? If not, we know you're the last scum.

If he says yes, I strongly urge either Nick or Sworddancer to say they'll vote for Mentos.

Nick, tell me what your problems are with Omis and I'll try to assuage them.

D

Deleted member

Yo dawg Mentos you gotta go stumpin yourself.
Get your *** groove on
That parroting was so obvious. It seems like Cello Marl is sheeping you just because he's town.

Someday, I need to make a case against you.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Taking a moment to remind people of Cello-Rule 5.

5) On any Day in which there are exactly two more trees than lumberjacks, we should not vote past [L-(number of Lumberjacks + 1)]. Any "votes" at this point should be written, in bold, as "Declaration to put [name] at L-#", or the like. If we do not do this, then we lose the opportunity to force that person to stump and therefore gain another lynch if we are wrong.
So, basically, don't vote until someone says they won't stump when two people say they'll vote for them. The reason for this (instead of three people) is that a real townie knows that it's possible for the scum to be the one waiting, and if he actually waits to be put at L-1, may get quicklynched.

Brockin

Smash Rookie
Yo, I'm here.

sorry I've been quiet. Just been a bit unmotivated with the game and all (at least to some degree), to which I agree with what Mentos said.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Cello

This is why I've had troubles with Omis. And he never really improved since then.

Omis:
Lurking yay! Proponent of the Roxy wagon, but mainly for the "lying about checking the thread for the rules". Also nibbles at Brockin for the logs thing. And after Roxy stumps, pushes Cello to self-stump (seriously, a third of his posts are doing just that). However, he never really sticks his neck out, just stays lurkish and pushes a wagon here, a lynch there. Biggest stance he took all game is right here:

No reasons, and those were at the top of everyone's scumdar anyway. The top 3 have already flipped town.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello: Even the example that you gave involves figuring out a puzzle. It's based on the play of the rest of the game that tells what's going on. It was solving the puzzle to get to the point you describe.

To answer you're other question, I will stump if need be, but it will take some convincing. I'm almost 100% sure scum is between Omis and Sword, and as much as I'm willing to stump, I hate to leave Nich with that decision, because honestly I personally can see it going either way.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
About Roxy and Brockin:

Omis said:
I wanted to go for Heatstroke because of how antsy he was about everything. He was quick to get nervous the second the attention was placed on him. I see now that I was wrong but I still dont regret it.

You [Brockin] just havent been playing well, sorry. The whole issue with the chat logs is somewhat irrelevant now that you dont have a choice but I still see no reason why you should have posted them. Im stubborn and Im not letting that go.
There were other reasons for Roxy (Omis actually defends that point extensively against SSBF), and "I'm stubborn and I'm not letting that go" doesn't sound like nibbling.

Further, when playing with Omis, I find that it's less important to look at what he does and more important to consider how other people interact with him, since Omis tends to not put forth his thought processes.

Pierre said:
Do you actually suspect me then, or are you just literally piggybacking Cello? If I've done anything to make you think I'm scummy, I expect you to show for it because I won't let you piggyback. "My list has what Cello said," looks like you're just putting the flavors of the week in your stumplist... prove me wrong?
The way this is written suggests to me that Pierre was trying to push suspicion on Omis. Theoretically, they could be doing it for double-bus credit, but Pierre was on the lynch card, not Omis. And Omis isn't someone that I think Pierre would try to Mister Eric (i.e. apolog-urk [apologize and lurk]) all the way to end game.

Omis said:
The-Man gets town points from me. I trust that guy because he points out my **** game. Dont think scum would do that.
Omis said:
Small thing I noticed is that The Man didnt call out Pierre on not wanting to post a lynch list while he practically exploded on me about it.
The former quote looks more like he was parroting general sentiment rather than creating it. Scum gains no personal benefit from joining a "looks like town" movement (as compared to team benefit, in that a team member looks better), and in this particular case, why would he destroy a benefit gained by a comrade rather than letting him go all the way? tHe-Man was looking a lot better than Omis in town's view at that point. This was from his "Oops" post. Later, in his "real" mass analysis, the point about tHe-Man is gone, replaced with a direct question rather than an observation. If the "Oops" post was fake, why bother to change the format? It's more likely that a fake would have already been in it's final form.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Mentos said:
Cello: Even the example that you gave involves figuring out a puzzle. It's based on the play of the rest of the game that tells what's going on. It was solving the puzzle to get to the point you describe.

To answer you're other question, I will stump if need be, but it will take some convincing. I'm almost 100% sure scum is between Omis and Sword, and as much as I'm willing to stump, I hate to leave Nich with that decision, because honestly I personally can see it going either way.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Although seriously, I won't justify the first part with a response. No, I think I will. "Based on the play of the rest of the game", huh? You're just going to ignore everything that's happened up until now? That's just poor play/puzzle solving skills. Don't bother claiming that's not what you meant.

About the second point (though I am loathe to call it that), who would be leaving Nick to decide anything? Yes, he has the vote, but as is shown by the very point of the last 30ish posts, he's open to persuasion. When you stump, you don't lose your voice (you know this). Nothing stops you from suggesting your opinion. If I were Nick, I'd be insulted by your statement.

You've been leaving your options very open. If you are "almost 100%" certain, why aren't you saying who it is that you think is scum? You've not been digging at all, so it can't be because you're looking for reactions. That would involve...actions. Say who it is that you think is scum.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, based on the play of the rest of the game means looking at everything that's happened up until now... I have no idea how you twisted that to mean ignoring what's going on, the play of the game is how we decide who is scum. For chrissakes, I'm tired of you tunneling me every time we play together, and in this case saying that I'm going to ignore everything I just said I was basing my opinion on.

And yes, Nich would be the deciding voice. The stumps have no power to vote, and he has his own opinions that will decide his actions. I seem to remember in L4D mafia, everyone played follow-the-clears instead of thinking for themselves, and look where it got town. Don't know how Nich would be insulted by that statement, I feel those two are almost a coinflip as to scum, and would prefer to have some actual say. I realize this may be difficult for you to take, but I don't expect everyone to follow me every word I say. If I stump and become clear, I can voice my opinion but, at that point, it's ultimately up to not my opinions, not yours, but Nich's. I would rather have myself alive with a real voice, then stumped and hoping that my opinion, which by the way isn't very strong either way, is taken. If one of Omis/Sword stumps, it gives me the answer and I still have some relevance in the game, which I am a lot more comfortable with than giving my opinion on a 50/50 and hoping it's the right one and listened to or the wrong one and ignored.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright Cello, you were right about Pierre, you were right about The_man, I'll trust your judgement one more time. But which way do you lean as far as Omis-Swordancer?

@Mentos
Consider this an official request from me to stump.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Mentos said:
I'm almost 100% sure scum is between Omis and Sword
Mentos said:
Don't know how Nich would be insulted by that statement, I feel those two are almost a coinflip as to scum
You're going to have to explain how you can make both of these statements 2 hours apart, with only me making fun of you in between.

Mentos said:
If one of Omis/Sword stumps, it gives me the answer...
Hey, look! The very point I made. Where's that puzzle solving bit gone?

Nick, Omis, Sworddancer, let's lynch this liar. I got him to endgame without him stumping, so I'm satisfied with this as an actual victory.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Omis and Sworddancer are both town. Equally. Since that's what their role PM says, regardless of their play.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
About post #710, I thought that he said he was 100% sure as to who the scum was between Omis and Sworddancer. I misread that, my bad.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, you misread it because I don't play "follow Cello's every word like the gospel" so you tunnel and see me as scum every time we play. This is one of the most frustrating things about playing with you, and I was reminded of it strongly in this game. "Oh, you want to think for yourself and take the routes of action that you feel are best, you must be scum!" Anyway, I formally refuse to stump. Town doesn't deserve this win, so you know what? Lynch me and let Omis or Sword, whichever it may be get their win. Cello has tunneled on me for the most ridiculous reasons("omg, you said scum is between omis and sword, but its a coinflip between them! impossible!" "Oh, you're going to base decisions on play during the game? That's different than what's going on now obviously, which is important!") So you know what? Give scum their win. Town played terribly. This setup is the most town-sided setup I've ever played, especially before Xiivi changed the extension rule, and we still managed to be in what would have been not that great of a situation. Had we had to lynch both of the scum, the game would already be over and we would have lost. So you know what? I'm giving it back scum. Put your vote on me and end this now so I only have to deal with Cello's tunneling in one game instead of two.

D

Deleted member

@mentosman8: Don't give up Mentos. Try doing what other townies have failed to do, prove that you are a townie and give town there win. Don't be discouraged.

I have faith in you. BTW, Cello Marl is not tunneling you in DBZ Mafia, thankfully.

D

Deleted member

oh yeah oh yeah well mentos tunnels on me tunneling him so there
Why are we even arguing with each other? And why are you arguing with Mentos? If you're arguing with a townie, then you're wasting your time. Tunneling is a major scum tell and it's a shame that for a confirmed townie, that you did so much of it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Alright, Mentos, let's assume for a moment that you are town. Who between the other two players do you think is the last scum? I'm inclined to say Sworddancer. Talk with me.

Top Bottom