• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Results/Bowser Locator: Who's Using Bowser?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Wait, dude, you can change names?

Uh, someone tell me how...

inb4limitisaswfnoob

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
If you buy premium I think you get like 1 name change a month or something like that
I think its two actually o.o

I still consider myself a novice when it comes to bowser, but I hope to gain enough experience with him to maybe be decent, especially with your guys' help :]

Red8 (thexsunrosered on SWF)
East
Dover, DE
White I guess :confused:

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
Tag: Ein:
Character: Bowser (all matches except I used luigi vs a diddy and dk vs a lucas)
Placing: 1st of 38
Fee: Free tourney
Date: 9/17/09

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
I have a my reasons:
1. A technical Lucas that gets advice from Vex and Liquid on the matchup is kind of scary.
2. I only changed to dk because brinstar is not that good for bowser and it's great for Lucas.

Oakland Children's Fund Charity Tournament
Character: Bowser
Placing: 5th of 24
Fee: $5
Date: 9/18/09

Unit 1/2 Tournament
Character: Bowser
Placing: 7th of 38
Fee: Free Tourney
Date: 9/19/09

AKiRA knocked me into loser at both of these tournies : / I two stocked her game one in the last tourney though... Lost on her cp then lost on smashville >.<

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
lanky_gunner
SouthWest
Utah
Black Bowser

I've use both Snake and Bowser in tournaments, but lately been using too much Snake. So I'm gonna start up Bowser again, so expect me to be active in these boards more often.

As far as my tourney skills, the highest I've placed with Bowser is 5th out of 20, I think.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Good Job Lord Bowser!

I'll probably update this at the end of the week, since I don't have saturday classes.

It kinda sucks a lot that I can't be as active as I would have liked due to me being at school :l

I only know of like 5 people here besides myself that play Brawl, and 50 people play Smash in general...mainly SSB though lol

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Thanks and yeah I feel your pain man, I'm still in school too but it's holidays in Oz now :)

SSB64 is awesome, definitely my favorite and the one I'm most proficient at (Best in Western Australia :D)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Torneio Nacional Português Wii 2 (10/03/09)
3rd out of 23
Europe
Lisbon, Portugal
4€ Entry Fee (3€ Venue)

I used R.O.B. against a ZSS. I... got my bowser hiney handed to me in loser's finals against G&W. It was pretty ugly. He improved a ton while I'm pretty much the same, except I actually teched some of the DThrows, lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Alright that's like 5 results. I'll get to updating it tomorrow since I have an early schedule -.-

Vex also got 17th out of...70? at HOBO 19 <.< But he didn't MM Xyro lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Dude you didn't fail! You did really well. There was room to do better, but don't see it as if you failed :/ You did great by my standards :3

You'll do even better next time =D

Just don't lose to Trela again :L

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Assuming you still update this thread, I'm finally able to play the game again.

Nitros
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Always Normal Bowser.

Got a lot of good friendlies in this week and looking forward to seeing what I can do at a Biweekly tournament coming up here at UVic.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Brawl is Serious business 2
October 16-17 2009
Canada, Qc
13th of 30
15$ venue

Sorry guys I really failed, I should have placed really higher :(

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yes, he does mean infinites. On the East Coast...well, in NY/NJ and PA I'm sure, they ban all of D3's small step CGs and Standing CGs he has on any character. All those ledge infinites? Banned.

That's why Vex and I don't really obsess over the problem D3 poses to Bowser, because it really isn't that serious. Over here, at least.

Are his Small step/Standing/Ledge infinite grabs banned in other regions' tournaments?

/yayresearch?

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm almost positive they aren't banned on the Florida scene. I remember PolMex posting on the Luigi Board what had happened in this crew battle he was in. It was just D3 grabbing, DThrow, Regrab, rinse and repeating for pretty much all three stocks. When it happened on Pol's last stock, he just quit.

EDIT: Here's the vid of it. Truely a test of skill at it's highest level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV8aa1Wcvls

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
That Luigi vid was pretty painful to watch.

But yeah I agree Dedede is far from Bowser's worst matchup without infinites involved, it's just hard to seperate the infinites from the matchup when they aren't banned in many places and there's a horde of people looking for easy wins.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
When I host tournaments I ban it but the other guy who does allows them.

We're Starfox! (18/10/09)
7th out of 22
Australia
$10 entry fee ($10 venue)

Went up against a Diddy in the first round who knocked me into losers then lost to a MK I usually beat, felt I could have placed higher.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Figured i should finally post these. The two tourneys I've placed best at. Can't find any other results, sorry.

East Midlands Rankings
3rd of 14
Europe, UK
June 2009
Entry Fee: £4
Brown

East Midlands Monthlies
3rd of 25
Europe, UK
October 2009
Entry Fee: £3
Brown

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth.

South Island Smash Bi-weekly 12
4th out of 12.
B.C., Canada
October 2009
$10 entry fee.

Actually beat an infiniting Dedede with judicious klaw hopping and copious fire breath only to lose to a Fox of all things :|.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Woah hold on lol, I used MK mostly this tournament a a social experiment and promise to someone. Force of habit made me post in here, it's what i do after every tournament :p

Top Bottom