• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
In defense of Jigglymaster....how would you feel if you beat M2K in Melee/Brawl for the first time? You'd be happy, right? At least for that day, you'd be like, "I beat M2K!!!!! OMG!!!" However....a person who is not cocky would do what he did. Admit that sure he won, but it doesn't mean he'll win next time, and continuously. He'll cherish it, until he can truly say "I got you =p". He's admitting that if they had another set...he'd lose. It takes balls to admit that. Who cares if you celebrate a little when you win? It's something that wasn't expected. He had the balls to admit that Atomsk was still better. I give him mad respect for that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i'm Gonna Be As Honest As I Can. Ill Admit Right Off The Bat That I'm Brand New To The Smash Community And I Cant Currently Fathom What Chibo And Other Tos Go Through.

I Saw Things (i Believe) He Did Right And Wrong, And I Think We Were All A Bit Hasty In Blaming Him For What Happened. He Said He Tried To Get The Owners Of The Venue To Let Us Stay, But They Were The Ones Being *****. Chibo Continues To Look Out For Us And People Tell Him To Suck A ****, And Eventually Things Come Close To A Riot With The Cops Taking People Away. Whatever Mistakes Chibo May Have Made, Did It Really Have To Come To That?

I Think Chibo Did A Pretty Good Job Considering He Was Hosting One Of The Biggest Tourneys Ever, Not To Mention Being Sick, And He Was Helpful In Helping Out Me, The Newbie (so Was Everyone Though). But I Would Have Done Three Things Differently:

1. Post The Pools And Brackets On A Wall Instead Of Calling Out Names. No Offense Dotcom, But When Names Are Just Shouted Out, Theyre Very Easy To Miss, And Take A Long Time. I Wasted Half An Hour Trying To Figure Out What Pool I Was In, Turns Out I Was In Pool 3. How Hard Would It Have Been To Simply Scotch-tape The Matchups On A Wall And Let Us Go Read Them? Imo That Would Be Much Simpler.

2. Divide The Work. This Has Been Stated Many Times. From What I Understand, Chibo Did Have People Helping Him Out. But I Think Things Would Have Gone Smoother With A Few Assistant Organizers, Or Even A Few Co-organizers. Correct Me If I'm Mistaken Here.

3. Don't Use A Venue With Such An Early Letout Time. Yes, It's A Beautiful Venue And Convenient Location, But When You Have 200 Or 300 People, There's A Lot Of Room For Random **** To Happen That May Cause Huge Delays. Again, Dividing The Work Load May Have Reduced This Problem A Little, But It's Always Good Imo To Be Prepared For Anything.

Again, I'm New, I Have One Tourney Under My Belt And I'm Sure Everyone Here Knows More On This Matter Than Me. This Is Simply My Opinion, And I've Tried To Keep It At A Neutral Perspective. Overall, Though, I Had A Blast At Cot4. Maybe It's Because I'm Not As Competitive As Some Of Us Are, But The Point Is That I Came, I Had Fun, I Met Fellow Smashers, And i Walk Away With Nothing But Good Feelings (and A Neat Nickname Lol). And Chibo Was The Man Who Made It Possible, So Lighten Up On The Guy For Not Doing Everything Perfectly. It Never Would Have Gone Where It Did If We All Hadn't Expected Nothing Less Than Perfection.
omg!!! Is This Rig!?!?

Fuggles

Smash Cadet
RIG!!! How is Norfair?
It's hot, and there's no room to dash, and I'm starting to realize that Ike may not be so great on that stage...lol, I picked it cuz I'm used to it cuz I enjoy it, and I thought experience would help me more than it did...guess not XD

edit-yes......I am indeed the Random Ike Guy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What pissed me off was when my buddy Chet told one of the organizers if it was ok to go out and eat along with Ally/Holy and Zaf, and they said yes. And so they went to eat and they got back 20 mins later and Chet got double DQed? I mean wtf was that ****?

clowsui

Smash Legend
I won't lie. I'm thinking about playing Toon Link next time I play Brawl because of how awesome Santi's TL was.
Why does everybody forget about Jash and QUIVO? -__-

Granted, Santi placed higher but all three of them admit to being at an even skill level with one another. Lobos too, I think.

Also Cactuar why didn't you get yourself recorded @ this tourney?

Lobos

Smash Master
I won't lie. I'm thinking about playing Toon Link next time I play Brawl because of how awesome Santi's TL was.
You had that amazed look on your face lol.......do it We could always use another TL main :lick:

Clowsui - No one forgot them, Cactuar only really got to see santi play when he wasn't playing melee. Overall Jash, Santi, Quivo, and myself are all good TLs in are respective regions. I'm glad I finally got to play such talent and the dittos I had with them were all fun!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I thought jash was the one who placed highest of the four tinks.

lol. santi, lobos, jash, and quivo should record themselves playing four swords.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Jash is a monster. And fuggles is making me quit ike. If kirk is the marcia and fuggles is the cindy i'm definitely the jan, and no one likes being jan.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wow if Cactuar started playing in Brawl tournaments with TL...like, actively playing... >___>; I shudder to think of the fate of the EC. It'd basically be M2k/Cactuar/Azen/Chu/Spam in top five, every day, all day

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Oh, shout outs XD BTW i don't wanna get in a whole big argument over this Chibo thing, idc enough to, cause I had a good weekend regardless.

Chibo - thanks for hosting, although I don't feel as though you did as much as you could do as a TO. It's just an opinion, and I had mad fun regardless, though.

Knightmare - Dude, thank you so much. You made one of the best weekends of my life possible, you're the man. If you ever need a favor (no homo) I'll do everything I can, you're the **** bro. Mad funny too :D Looking forward to GT

C4?! - Funny as hell, thanks for driving. Blue Rasberry too good XD

Eli - Eli...ELI...ELIIIIII...you're the **** as always. You did very well for someone who knows nothing about this game lmfao

Inui - Thanks for housing us, you're chill as always.

NEO - You are the man. You've been my smash hero since I picked Marth up, and in person you're amazingly chill and funny. Your Marth is too good, thanks for the tips bro. Hope to see you again soon.

Pierce- you're amazingly knowledgeable and helpful. I'll get there earlier next time :D

Steel - good **** meeting you. Must play when I'm not playing like total ****e next time XD

Kadaj - lol comin outta nowhere n shiz. Good **** bro, hope to see you again soon.

CK - :D same as kadaj.

ZMT - Smexy in person, thanks for signing my DS XD <3

Eazy - good **** mahd00. Hope to see you again soon, too goodz

CR00kie - You're too funny man. Def chilling with the Braves next time

Seibrik - mad cool guy right here. Hope you come back up here soon and I can actually play you DX

Atomsk - toooooooo good! Thanks for the hugs :D japes is the gay

Boss - You're too good, bro. You must chill with Kirin and I more.

Ally - I only got to play you in Doubles Pools x.x

Green Ace - Your Yoshi is very good. I'll learn the matchup so next time it won't be so ****

PolMex - Luigi too good :D

Snakeee - Good seeing you as always

Spam - one hell of a last barwl tourny eh? XD

Dojo - good stuff in pools, you're a cool kid. Hope you come back up to the Atlantic North sometime.

Rest of TX/Midwest - you're all cool from the little I got to talk to you. Hopefully I'll get to play you guys more X(

Blackanese - you are the funniest person in this community. Hands down.

BASIC SAUSAGEEEEE - thanks for the TvC :D catch you soon I hope

Ill add some that I may have missed later, good shiz to all

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer

Granted, Santi placed higher but all three of them admit to being at an even skill level with one another. Lobos too, I think.

I don't know anything about Jash or QUIVO because I have only been playing Brawl for a few days and I played Santi in pools.

You had that amazed look on your face lol.......do it We could always use another TL main :lick:
I was terrified. I have no idea what any of the new Brawl characters can do, so it was kinda scary seeing all the projectile spam and zair stuff. Luckily, I know how to fair people with Peach. :laugh:

Santi

Smash Lord
AHHHH
:)
Cactuar= my favorite person from East Coast by far who is too legit/goes too hard/ and basically super awesome and probably 10x better than M2K at brawl hehe.

Thanks for putting so much faith in me Cactuar to let me head into brackets :) I tried my best not to let you down.

Jash placed higher than me. And we split our games, even though friendlies mean nada :) But you could tell that those matches we played... they were more than just friendlies lol.
Jash is more creative and diverse than me I believe, plus more expierence in everything. He's too goodz.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha. Someone would have to donate a copy of Brawl to the "Get Cactuar to play Brawl" fund for me to even think about becoming an active player in Brawl.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I only took two stocks. It's difficult.
Whomever took any amount of stocks in the Bowser Challenge, its because me, Vex, and NinjaLink (the three Bowsers) were playing around jumping off the stage and stuff like that. If we were all to play serious, no one would be able to take a stock off. This also includes Melee, from where the Bowser Challenge originated. Although not as much in Brawl, in Melee it highly matters who the three Bowser players are. Us three were just playing around and doing risky stuff to make it fun. For example, we did nine Koopa Claws in a row.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
It's hot, and there's no room to dash, and I'm starting to realize that Ike may not be so great on that stage...lol, I picked it cuz I'm used to it cuz I enjoy it, and I thought experience would help me more than it did...guess not XD

edit-yes......I am indeed the Random Ike Guy.
Dude, you are like... my hero. I somehow rock the house with Ike now after watching your live stream.

For the love of god, get vids and live streams up more often. Don't blow away your instant stardom.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
just asking did anyone actually offer chibo help aside from inui?
Uh, I did. I helped pools run considerably smoother. Chibo did not reject my help. Also, I must say that Chibo was busy every single time I needed to talk to him for anything. In retrospect, I think that since this was in fact run so poorly, I probably won't attend any TOS events for a long time, but Chibo won't be hosting for a long time anyway. Still love TOS, and still am cool with Chibo.

Major shoutout to Rouge Pit who showed awesome maturity earlier in the thread, and to Dotcom who put in MAD work for this tourney.

I'm pretty sure 99% of smashers would let their friends out of pools if it meant they had to forfeit to them. The only people who get affected by it are the lowest position to make it out of pools before that and aren't usually that good anyways. Just get better and don't forfeit if you have a problem with it.
True, but still wrong. I'm surprised to hear this from you Spam. I'll completely openly admit that if it came down to me losing to Doom after 2-0ing everyone in my pool except Anther just so he could make it out of pools, I would've done it, but I still knew it was wrong. It's still something that I'd consider myself doing 'under the table' because it's not a part of the process, and it's not right. Because of this, Umbra and R00kie did not make it out of double's pools, and they both severely stepped it up, and brought a worthy game. They would've otherwise made it out, if Anther and Lain did not give Jman and Hax a free win. I'm cool with all these people, but that doesn't make it right.

Also, Spam, please come back to play more!?!?!? <4

dark called me when it happened and i got keitaro to pick him up I am sure he is home and resting. As far as how he got home ...

WHOEVER PAID FOR DPCH TO GO HOME PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL PAY THEM BACK IMMEDIATELY
Mad respects for you and Keitaro.

Also, for everyone complimenting my commentary, lol, thanks. I always wanted to commentate, even though I'm an idiot at times.

"Interesting counter-pick here on Rainbow Cruise. Wait a minute, this isn't Rainbow Cruise, this is . . . umm, what's the name of this stage again?"

Sorry, my mind seriously BLANKED right then. Still, I've learned from this, and I'll bring an even better commentary game next time. That is, if Solid Jake lets me commentate.

I'll do shoutouts in the results thread.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
"Interesting counter-pick here on Rainbow Cruise. Wait a minute, this isn't Rainbow Cruise, this is . . . umm, what's the name of this stage again?"

Sorry, my mind seriously BLANKED right then. Still, I've learned from this, and I'll bring an even better commentary game next time. That is, if Solid Jake lets me commentate.

I'll do shoutouts in the results thread.
LOL that was pretty hilarious...but everyone's mind blanks at one time or another. Seriously, you are awesome at commentary. You and Samurai Panda should always be doing commentary at the tournaments you go to, you guys make the matches so much more entertaining.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Whomever took any amount of stocks in the Bowser Challenge, its because me, Vex, and NinjaLink (the three Bowsers) were playing around jumping off the stage and stuff like that. If we were all to play serious, no one would be able to take a stock off. This also includes Melee, from where the Bowser Challenge originated. Although not as much in Brawl, in Melee it highly matters who the three Bowser players are. Us three were just playing around and doing risky stuff to make it fun. For example, we did nine Koopa Claws in a row.
OH CRAP I totally forgot that all those saved matches are on my Wii!

I'm gonna talk to NL to see if he can rip them off and put them online. XD too good, it was hilariously fun to watch.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
True, but still wrong. I'm surprised to hear this from you Spam. I'll completely openly admit that if it came down to me losing to Doom after 2-0ing everyone in my pool except Anther just so he could make it out of pools, I would've done it, but I still knew it was wrong.
I never said it was "right" as it is not 100% fair for everyone but as you said you'd do the same thing in the same scenario. MOST people would have done the same thing for friends. Anyone who didn't make it out should just get better and do better.

Also, Spam, please come back to play more!?!?!? <4
FAWKEN Bajisci ALMOST almost ruined my life by getting me to stay by suggesting that M2K should buy a blazblue cabinet, which gave ME the idea of getting a blazblue cabinet. Fortunately, I came to my senses and realized it's too expensive to warrant a purchase.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think that was on me, lol. Epic.

I managed one stock.... better than some people did, at least. I thought Pika's dsmash would work out well, but there was just too much Bowser for such a small rat. :(

Bouse

Smash Ace
Fuggles? Seriously? I like RIG better... change your username **** it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom