• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
^^Rogue Pit you know if you say names people are gonna get kicked out of SBR right?

M@v

Subarashii!

Edit: Because Im deprived from using the computer in my house, i bought wii internet channel and typed this all up on a wiimote.

kind of off topic, but if you get a keyboard that uses a USB port rogue pit, you can use it on the wii.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Samurai Panda commentary at COT4 said:
Security is here right now, there's a huge crowd of at least 50 people or more...80 people perhaps. I guess this is epic inside the match and outside the match as well. Anyways, back to the match...
Too good. SP handled this extremely well, and was the most professional, classy person at this tournament. He's also become one of my favourite smash commentators of all time. You know your stuff dude.

Looking forward to the vids. M2K, did you green light your vids? Come on man, we want to see you **** Ally. According to the radio commentary, you ***** him harder than you did at Cat4 :laugh:

Rocann

Smash Lord
Were any of the matches from the livestream recorded? I wanna know if I can get my vids vs Yes

and lol @ people being ******** and saying it sucked... they're generally the "good" people that placed worse than expected. I lost to the SECOND AND THIRD PLACE PLAYERS AND GOT SEVENTEENTH. And I'm not mad at all, I had fun.

case in point, atomsk. you got beat. regardless of what happened, you lost, and in what is possibly the greatest show of respect, he got really happy and got excited. quit thinking that people are going to get cocky or some **** after beating you because guess what, YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT

and kai don't john FOR him about puff having assistance from an alligator and a flying boat... as far as I know there is no airship on japes and no reptiles on rainbow. so one of them was atomsk's cp. MORAL OF THE STORY? If you're that much better than someone (or think you are) DON'T PICK STUPID STAGES. and this leaves no room for any "well that stage shouldn't be in in the first place" because that doesn't cover why you picked it.

atomsk, we didn't talk much, but you're really cool. inui, no lie, I was frustrated as all hell too and I had a LOT of fun talking to you throughout the tournament, even when we were complaining about it to each other :(. you really gained a lot of respect in my eyes as a cool guy, just like I hope I have as a player in yours. this is no hate to either of you, and I agree without a doubt that chibo should have accepted your help inui because your tournaments seem badass and I'm really excited to go to one.

but really? complain all you want about the actual tourney but as far as what happened in-game, what happens happens

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
andy u got aim lets chat:) u were mad kewl in person

chibo when you can put the results up i havea lot of shouts to do:)

Rocann

Smash Lord
Its dissapointing losing in teams on a stage that is usually banned then losing a round in singles on a usually banned stage
I understand and respect that, and I'd be frustrated too. it's whatever in doubles, you didn't really go after kashif and snakee, but it was like a direct attack on puff when all he did was get excited when he beat a pro player, like anybody else would, regardless of how it was.

I'm happy that you usually ban ******** stages like that so that I can actually have a chance as olimar if I lose the neutral when I come to a princeton event.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I understand and respect that, and I'd be frustrated too. it's whatever in doubles, you didn't really go after kashif and snakee, but it was like a direct attack on puff when all he did was get excited when he beat a pro player, like anybody else would, regardless of how it was.
Its because puff had bragged before a while ago when he beat me on a banned stage

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Were any of the matches from the livestream recorded? I wanna know if I can get my vids vs Yes

and lol @ people being ******** and saying it sucked... they're generally the "good" people that placed worse than expected. I lost to the SECOND AND THIRD PLACE PLAYERS AND GOT SEVENTEENTH. And I'm not mad at all, I had fun.

case in point, atomsk. you got beat. regardless of what happened, you lost, and in what is possibly the greatest show of respect, he got really happy and got excited. quit thinking that people are going to get cocky or some **** after beating you because guess what, YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT

and kai don't john FOR him about puff having assistance from an alligator and a flying boat... as far as I know there is no airship on japes and no reptiles on rainbow. so one of them was atomsk's cp. MORAL OF THE STORY? If you're that much better than someone (or think you are) DON'T PICK STUPID STAGES. and this leaves no room for any "well that stage shouldn't be in in the first place" because that doesn't cover why you picked it.

atomsk, we didn't talk much, but you're really cool. inui, no lie, I was frustrated as all hell too and I had a LOT of fun talking to you throughout the tournament, even when we were complaining about it to each other :(. you really gained a lot of respect in my eyes as a cool guy, just like I hope I have as a player in yours. this is no hate to either of you, and I agree without a doubt that chibo should have accepted your help inui because your tournaments seem badass and I'm really excited to go to one.

but really? complain all you want about the actual tourney but as far as what happened in-game, what happens happens
I agree with you about what happens happens, but I'm not one to promote running around a building histerical about it. I guess we just see it differently but its not a big deal anyway.

When I actually got to play I enjoyed myself too despite the lack of sportsmanship in my pool with the exception of judged and hylian. My bracket opponents were pretty cool too despite one of them bringing me to norfair lol. When I was playing it was fun but waiting around while nothing is getting done is frustrating. That is my complaint about the event.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im working on results and vids as soon as i clean up my apartment from the 40 or so ppl in it last night lol. its trashed

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I never offcially checked out of inuis hotel....did they automatically do it or was i supposed to actually go up there...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
That reminds me. M2K almost got me booted out of Brackets. He gives someone two free wins so that he could get into pools, taking me out of the top 3 in my pool. I brought it up, and .com asked why he did it, he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I really don't care" he says.

I'm like, "****, I CARE!!!" Chibo tells him to play the set out, and he sandbags, losing the first match.

I understand M2K has like.....rock star status, but that kind of underhanded nonsense shouldn't be tolerated.
Honestly, that just means Jason's a ****ing hypocrite who *****es when people sandbag against him when nothing's on the line but will do the exact same thing for a political purpose. If mother ****ers are going to make pools they should enforce the top seeded players playing eachother first to leave "freebie seeding" their last matches the **** out of the process. All you entitled dorks *****ing about skill this and skill that sure leave skill the **** out of it when it's convenient.

Yeah, I just called the best player in the country a ****ing ****head, whatever.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I decided to leave the fellatio slander out of it because it detracts from the actual point that smash players really love to act like entitled punk *****es, which summarizes the WHOLE event aside from the plain fact that chibo's an organizational putz.

Stop talking about m2k like that
he is my boy
Your boy's an idiot.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Don't ban me...

On topic: yada yada chibo
Yada yada m2k sandbagged
Yada yada people threw controllers left and right
Yada yada yada no pikas in top 8
Yada yada yada NY/NJ took 3 of the top 8 spots
yada yada yada EC>elsewhere. Ask your regional historians lmao

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Honestly, that just means Jason's a ****ing hypocrite who *****es when people sandbag against him when nothing's on the line but will do the exact same thing for a political purpose. If mother ****ers are going to make pools they should enforce the top seeded players playing eachother first to leave "freebie seeding" their last matches the **** out of the process. All you entitled dorks *****ing about skill this and skill that sure leave skill the **** out of it when it's convenient.

Yeah, I just called the best player in the country a ****ing ****head, whatever.
I'm pretty sure 99% of smashers would let their friends out of pools if it meant they had to forfeit to them. The only people who get affected by it are the lowest position to make it out of pools before that and aren't usually that good anyways. Just get better and don't forfeit if you have a problem with it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
lol puff posted on ChromePirates profile "I beat Atomsk!"
Seriously, You guys are just searching everywhere now. Plus hes a fellow diddy main and he didn't come to the tourney and it was 11pm right after I got home.

And I know about the last set that I won against you Atomsk. That was even worse than this set. Not often to good players kill themselves with Fart off the top.

I see both sets as huge upsets.

Also if were going to have pools, why don't we just make it quicker by taking pros like M2k, Ally, Spammer, and Dojo out of pools and automatically seed them in the tourney.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This tourney has got to be the most ****ing polarizing **** I have ever seen.

I gotta be serious, how the **** does Rogue Pit get pissed off? He's never anything but happy. God****.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol wow, I was only considering doing it for the purpose of being nice to someone, not with any intentions of screwing someone over. Half way through the 2nd match with him, Atomsk told me not to sandbag and to try, so I was thinking about it while playing and decided to try to win. I figured that changing my mind half way through and correcting a possible mistake (?) would be a good solution

Rykoshet

Smash Champion

I'm pretty sure 99% of smashers would let their friends out of pools if it meant they had to forfeit to them. The only people who get affected by it are the lowest position to make it out of pools before that and aren't usually that good anyways. Just get better and don't forfeit if you have a problem with it.
Way to ignore the part of enforcing the best players in pools playing first. Sure in m2k's case whatever who the ****'s gonna beat him in the first place but the principle is still there since, as shown countless ****ing times yesterday, upset wins happen. You can't ***** about "getting better" when frankly the person who got ****** out WAS better by results, shove that **** kashif.

**** the "Being nice" ****, jason. You *****ed when NL sandbagged after splitting with you and dsf and wrote this long *** post about "regardless of the situation, at least I try", then your dumb *** sandbags. The reason is ****ing irrelevant, you did it. Done, either you're a liar, a hypocrite, or both.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
^^Rogue Pit you know if you say names people are gonna get kicked out of SBR right?

I'm of the opinion that if you can't reach a certain maturity level in and out of events, then you have absolutely no place representing our community in the SBR. I expect a certain level of quality from the SBR members and it always disappoints me to see one making an *** of themselves for no reason other than they are immature. It's why Lee Harris is no longer there, as it should be. He couldn't be mature and so he didn't have a right to the status.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
**** whats really good with those Philadelphia cheesesteaks someone needs to ship one to my house.

I'm of the opinion that if you can't reach a certain maturity level in and out of events, then you have absolutely no place representing our community in the SBR. I expect a certain level of quality from the SBR members and it always disappoints me to see one making an *** of themselves for no reason other than they are immature. It's why Lee Harris is no longer there, as it should be. He couldn't be mature and so he didn't have a right to the status.
i deserve to be in SBR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom