• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Axe get top 3 at this and Wobbles and Taj do really well too (assuming Taj is going). I'll always cheer for anyone who's a twin so I hope Javi and Tuga work some magic here :D I'd also like to see Light do really well here, he's underrated (especially in teams. That guy is a monster in doubles).

Hbox, what how are you going to answer all of these people placing you 4th?
I'm rooting for taj axe and wobbles too. I think axe can get at least top 3 as long things break right in bracket.

Also, which light player are you talking about? The peach player from az that I remember playing back in 2006? If so, he still plays?

:phone:

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
yep my faith is hax gettin top 10(if hes goin) would be hype if he faced m2k in bracket

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I meant on the prediction list.
I should have made it clearer that I was "wut"-ing the possible Kage-not-being-at-Apex. Sorry. Although I like your interpretation quite a bit, lol. With you not there and Linguini converting to Falco (if he's even going), one less mid tier in bracket. :/ No fun.

I, too, am hoping for a solid performance from Overtriforce.

Landry

Smash Ace
HBox will outplace either PP, Mango or Armada for a minor upset. It's just how he rolls.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It's all on Bam for that.. if Bam doesnt lift me i can't go for sure. He would bring me, diakonos and Vwins.
Start a fund, people are discussing throwing money at random people, might as well throw money at people who could make bracket and possibly cause upsets. I really want to see more Bam...and more Candians...and Ganondorf is cool compared to spacies on spacies on spacies.

HBox will outplace either PP, Mango or Armada for a minor upset. It's just how he rolls.
Oh give it a rest.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'm rooting for taj axe and wobbles too. I think axe can get at least top 3 as long things break right in bracket.

Also, which light player are you talking about? The peach player from az that I remember playing back in 2006? If so, he still plays?

That's the one. And yeah he still plays, he just doesn't have money to travel (this is his first east coast tourney)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Diakonos will go ham if he ends up going. Top 17 with ease.
Haha, thanks. Yeah, if I were to go I would actually train to do the best I can. I would put myself somewhere between 13th and 25th, as you say.

LEZ do it, Bam!

Astinos

Smash Cadet
1. The King
2. Bob$
3. Zelgadis
4. The Germ
5. Silent Spectre
5. Clod Zero
7. The Doug
7. Mike Nasty
9. Hella
9. DSF
9. -
9. -

Been out of the loop for a while but there's my predictions.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
That's the one. And yeah he still plays, he just doesn't have money to travel (this is his first east coast tourney)
Yeah I played him in tourney around 2006 and beat him. ;). He and I were always pretty equal in skill back in the day.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
holy **** that's so cool

what was your name back then?
B-Will. I don't know if you know of me because I didn't remember ever meeting you before I stopped playing in 07.

I suppose I should start posting as B-Will again now that the cats out of the bag. Past_b was mainly a troll account.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Maybe with unknown out of the picture, bad foxes like me and leffen will get a chance to shine.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
B-Will. I don't know if you know of me because I didn't remember ever meeting you before I stopped playing in 07.

I suppose I should start posting as B-Will again now that the cats out of the bag. Past_b was mainly a troll account.

OHHHH **** you're b-will?

i've never met you, but i've heard your name a lot since i play(ed) a lot with older smashers and love hearing about smash history :)

i actually live with coty (south paw) and chuckie (enixmoogle) now, although chuckie doesn't play at all anymore, and coty hardly plays.

are you still in AZ?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I'd like to see Axe get top 3 at this and Wobbles and Taj do really well too (assuming Taj is going). I'll always cheer for anyone who's a twin so I hope Javi and Tuga work some magic here :D I'd also like to see Light do really well here, he's underrated (especially in teams. That guy is a monster in doubles).

Hbox, what how are you going to answer all of these people placing you 4th?

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
0 hanky panky?!
1 armada
2 peepee
3 mango
4 hbox
5 m2k
7 axe
7 shroomed
9 hax
9 kirbykaze
11 javi
17 leffen

mango can try as hard as he wants armada is still amazing

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Holy **** that fat ****er should ease on junk food before he gets type 2 diabetes.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
OHHHH **** you're b-will?

i've never met you, but i've heard your name a lot since i play(ed) a lot with older smashers and love hearing about smash history :)

i actually live with coty (south paw) and chuckie (enixmoogle) now, although chuckie doesn't play at all anymore, and coty hardly plays.

are you still in AZ?
haha of course i know who coty and chuckie are. i know coty from az tournies. I used to play against chuckie and trevyn (zarelid) on almost a day basis. btw, i dont think chuckie ever beat me in tourney either lol.

yeah, i havent touched melee since mid 2007. one day i decided to check smashboards (in 2011 i think) and seeing guys like jeff and rob still playing and doing well brought back memories. since then, ive been lurking the boards, learning about the new metagame and what not. still havent touched smash though ha.

i am in az, but in flagstaff. came here working on my masters at the university. but im not going to lie, i do miss smash.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
I think it's funny how people continuously underrate Hbox (arguably the second best player in the world).

Prediction model says Dr Peepee gets 4th, but I don't want to believe that.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Arguably the second best in the world? Really? How so?

And it's not so much that he's underrated. Puff just sucks. :p

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Hbox has lost to PP, Mango, and Armada continually, which is why people usually rank him 4th. Of course, brackets don't work that way, but people are assuming no upsets.

Hbox seems pretty immune to upsets though.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
I think it's funny how people continuously underrate Hbox (arguably the second best player in the world).

Prediction model says Dr Peepee gets 4th, but I don't want to believe that.

I guess if you only look at 1 tournament a year then yea hbox is arguably second best in the world.

If you look at the rest of the tournaments this year and see that hbox has lost to mango every time but apex, and lost to pp every time then I'd say he can't really be argued to be the 2nd best in the world at this moment.

Top Bottom