• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
We've only been at the same tournament once, and I made it out pools, and he didn't, just sayin ;)

But I don't even play Squirtle much anymore, so yeah I'm worse than him now
So you play Ivy now? Now I can call you that one player who's worse than Denti :p

If it wasn't already clear, #jokes

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
these are unwatchable due to weird aspect ratio

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
The diddy slot should be Boss, Disqo, Junebug, followed closely by Gurukid/DLA. The way it is now is crazy.

Last edited:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Boss has had more of a successful showing in their region. However, junebug has a pretty successful win against Zhime. Still, when I watch Junes replays, I can't help but feel he's still neglecting a lot for really smart bait and punish game. Which boss does as well, but more consistently. Its hard to really put an order on them, seeing as how their region is still relatively struggling with diddy.

Boss is just more consistent, so I feel he should be our top as of now.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Boss has had more of a successful showing in their region. However, junebug has a pretty successful win against Zhime. Still, when I watch Junes replays, I can't help but feel he's still neglecting a lot for really smart bait and punish game. Which boss does as well, but more consistently. Its hard to really put an order on them, seeing as how their region is still relatively struggling with diddy.

Boss is just more consistent, so I feel he should be our top as of now.
MD/VA is somewhat overrated as a region though. I can't really say if Boss is the #1 Diddy, I feel like it should go to someone else.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
@ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames i agree with you about their region, to am extent. But placings are really consistent for boss, and thats probably the best the diddy boards can rely on as of now. Diddys in other regions are doing well, but I'm not placing super well in socal, and gurukid is the only other diddy in a top region placing well-ish. Boss is placing very well in an A-tier region, and that's structure.

Maybe the top three should go Boss, Guru, Disqo then.

What would be your list then? @ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's really why I can't put anybody over anybody else. I might end up taking away Okami, Bladewise, and Ninjalink at the end of the day because I really haven't heard anything from them. But it's hard because each Diddy places pretty consistently within the region. I'm going to go over some PRs to see if I can narrow down the list a bit. Does SoCal have a PR for PM @ DiSQO_BuNNY DiSQO_BuNNY ?
Also, Luck has also been placing well in an A-tier region (he's from Texas). He's currently 9th in their PR. Does MD/VA have PRs too?

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
It's hard for me to form an opinion about Diddy from videos. Diddy at once has a playstyle that isn't very intuitive to me, seems very solid with a similar gameplan in most MUs but is hard to sort of feel out how well he's doing based on how good the player is. People will not fight Diddy mains super well until their item games catch up to other aspects of their play which also makes it hard to judge.

Honestly though if pressed I'd say it's June. His Diddy feels more "complete" to me from what I've seen of it in a way that Boss' doesn't. Also, IIRC, Chillin stated in his Bar Wars interview that he kind of felt that the bracket worked out for him since he ended up fighting Boss instead of Zhime and June. Take that as you will, but I think it also says something.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
MD/VA is somewhat overrated as a region though. I can't really say if Boss is the #1 Diddy, I feel like it should go to someone else.
lol. People hatin cause we got the best stream.
Edit: Boss is legit. There is nothing fake about his diddy. You can say whatever about MDVA, but Boss has been playing Melee since the beginning, so his Smash IQ is off the charts. He's got my vote for the best diddy. June, however, has been playing for almost as long, and his diddy is almost as dangerous. Boss has slightly better placings though, so I'd give him the edge.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tbh, basing off of the regions pr is kind of weird
Every region does their pr different and they almost never accurately represent the scene. Just my opinion on this.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
tbh, basing off of the regions pr is kind of weird
Every region does their pr different and they almost never accurately represent the scene. Just my opinion on this.
I'm not comparing PR's with other regions PR's, I'm looking at a single PR and seeing which Diddy ranks higher than the other on that single PR. For example, Luck is ranked higher than Abstract on the texas PR.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
lol. People hatin cause we got the best stream.
Edit: Boss is legit. There is nothing fake about his diddy. You can say whatever about MDVA, but Boss has been playing Melee since the beginning, so his Smash IQ is off the charts. He's got my vote for the best diddy. June, however, has been playing for almost as long, and his diddy is almost as dangerous. Boss has slightly better placings though, so I'd give him the edge.
Ain't hatin', just sayin'. I actually think Pink Fresh is a lot better than people give him credit for. If not, he definitely has the potential given as little as a few more months.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Pink Fresh is terrifying imo. He's gotten good at this game at an incredibly fast pace. If he keeps on improving, we'll get to see something pretty special.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I got 2nd and 1st at the last two locals I went to. I beat Rat twice, Lazarond twice, Kels, Scythe, and ORLY. I think those wins alone put me over most, if not all Diddies, right now.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Pink Fresh is terrifying imo. He's gotten good at this game at an incredibly fast pace. If he keeps on improving, we'll get to see something pretty special.
...is he gonna evolve?
I beat Rat.
I once killed a rat, with my bare hands, you don't see me postin bout it!
Side note, any videos of ninja link's Roy? I didn't even know people played Roy, aside from sethlon.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I got 2nd and 1st at the last two locals I went to. I beat Rat twice, Lazarond twice, Kels, Scythe, and ORLY. I think those wins alone put me over most, if not all Diddies, right now.
Just out of curiosity, are you going to any nationals or regionals (other than WDW, dunno if that's considered a local or regional) anytime soon?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DLA, I don't want to seem like a hater because I believe in you. But if you're the best diddy right now, that isn't saying much about your skill level considering how you place at EXPs. Which isn't bad mind you, but it isn't great.

Last edited:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Ripple you just don't go to the weeklies, I've been beasting on everyone. I've only really been to one EXPosure since I started getting good, and I lost to Kels and barely to Laz. Placing doesn't really matter if those are your losses. Hell Kels got 9th at that tournament too, that's how stacked the tournament was. The EXPosure before that, I had to leave right when I got knocked out of winners by Kels, so you can't count my placing for that one.

edit: I'll be at UFGTX so just watch how high I place there. Maybe we'll finally even run into each other in bracket ;)

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If we meet in bracket, I hope you beat me. I really like doubles over singles. But don't expect me to take it easy on you.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Kk, just make the top diddys Boss, DLA, Junebug. That's the best representation of flat out factual placement evidence we have. Doesn't matter who we feel is better or blah blah blah.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
@Rip, this was after he missed your roll by inputting rollout instead of rest. You gained enough momentum to kill him off of that donkey punch to take game 3, but please don't play down what actually happened.

Hype for DLA doing work at Diddy. Hopefully I will finally play well at a regional/major so I can be noted as an actually good GnW on this list. : (

See you guys at UFGT.

Keep on the lookout for Carls (Wario), Hanky (Peach), Fizzle_Boy (Ivy/Mario), Prince_Abu (Wolf). Columbus is good at recording some things, but bad at uploading, so hopefully we can get some more footage up soon.

Also @Heroofhatz (Charizard) is good. Look him up. : P

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I dont roll with DK. ever. unless it was a tech roll. I didn't down playing what happened at all, I dont recall a rollout ever happening. I think I would have remembered it happening because I would have punished the **** out of it

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
I've played all the diddys besides junebug and ignoring junebug because idk where to put him i would probably go boss>luck>disqo. Third spot is pretty hard to place and could definitely go to guru or DLA. ugh too many diddys

god i took like a week break from smashboards and still have like 4 pages of trash talk to catch up on

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Dang. The man put luck over me. That hurts.

Edit: just watched some recent luck replays. And even tho I love Michael like a brother, YOUVE GOT TO BE OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND. June would deserve that spot before luck would. And then even DLA or Hashtag before that. Sorry. I don't agree with luck on top 3.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
luck is the only diddy who has ever come close to giving me trouble. most of the other diddys know more stuff than him but hes just a better player (as far as i know, i know the other diddys have been improving). Also, drinkingfood should have the 3rd rob spot, the dude is legit. maybe even better than jcaesar considering he beat sethlon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom