• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Yoshis

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I got infracted for that. ;_;
On a somewhat related note, who is the top Yoshi in Europe and Aus? I don't really follow what goes on with other countries. And link to vids? :3

Yikarur

Smash Master
hi Raptor. Me and Zudenka are the Top one's but Zudenka rathers plays for style than for winning.

D

Deleted member

Slice and Zudenka*

Aussie doesnt have any good Yoshis i think (well i mean they dont really have any top level players either so yea)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Hate to say it due to other Yushee's dislikes. But the PR is leaning Towards something like this.
1. Poltergust
2. Deltacod
3. Firefly
4. Slush
5. hadesblade
Unless everyone is okay with this.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
hades > slush

but yeah, I dunno who else is top 5. Seems to me that 1-4 is Polt, Delta, Firefly, hades (not in any specific order) and after that is a toss up. Slush is good though so I'm fine with him as #5.

YOSH needs to get active again... -____-

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I don't know many Yoshi's in the Eu. In the netherlands we got Lavlis, who's in my opinion a really good yoshi player, the germans have Yikarur but it's pretty much noticed that Zudenka is the top Yoshi in the Eu.

Yikarur

Smash Master
well Zudenka is the most known and the flashiest, he did even admit at BBI that I'm better than him and how impressed he was from me. But that all doesn't mean anything, we can't say "this is THE top Yoshi", there is no verification or something like that.
The Main Yoshis of europe are me (GER), Slice (AUT), Lavlis (NL) and Zudenka (CH).
Are there other Yoshis? I've never heard of one, there is Sylph in CH but he is very inactive.

Yoshi is so underrepresented :(

Yikarur

Smash Master
well his really good placing is 2 years away and in tournament he uses Peach a lot when he loses with Yoshi. And in Low Tier I placed above him at BBI :awesome:

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
well, you know, I'm not a top player but I'm European, so can I be a top 5 yoshi? :p

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Looking at the results of each yoshi, The defeated list with well known and confirmed good players, and from videos that I've watched of some of the yoshis (polt, hades, Firefly, and Delta)
Imo the top 5 yoshis list should be
1.Poltergust
2.Delta
3.Hades
4.Firefly
5.Slush

If there was a continued list of this for the rest of the yoshis that posted results I would list it like this.

6.YoshSSB
7.Slice
8. Raptortec
9.alejandro9561
10.Z'zgashi
11.indigestible_wad
12.MX778

The defeats and the results should be really important imo because beating person (who could be a total nobody) you think is really good isn't reliable unless a large amount of people say this person is good. The same goes for losing.

Yikarur

Smash Master
i the german PR we don't care for results, just who beats who. And a Top5 list based on results is bad because you are suddenly worse because your region is better against Yoshi.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Who's Hadesblade on here?
Me, lol. I'm far more active on skype than the yoshi boards. =/

Hate to say it due to other Yushee's dislikes. But the PR is leaning Towards something like this.
1. Poltergust
2. Deltacod
3. Firefly
4. Slush
5. hadesblade
Unless everyone is okay with this.
I was kind of hurt when I saw you put yourself above me :(. Then I thought maybe it's because I don't post results, but then I realized if that was why then I shouldn't be on the list at all =/.

So I'm curious why did you put yourself above me? O_o

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Once I finish updating you'll see on why.
Aside from Tournament results and who've won/lost against I also have something in mind from a helpful source that was recently made.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
10.Z'zgashi

The defeats and the results should be really important imo because beating person (who could be a total nobody) you think is really good isn't reliable unless a large amount of people say this person is good. The same goes for losing.
But... I took games off every top 5 player in Vegas including SK92, and FOW, and have beaten X's sonic multiple times D: I just never leave state (which will be changing in June)

I still dont believe Im top 5, but #10?... I feel I should be a little higher than that...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
WELL EFF ME AND MY LACK OF BIG TOURNAMENT APPEARENCE!!

Haha, I'll have plenty of time to go places once this school year ends. I'm already commited to 2 Regionals and a national (Genesis), I've been invited to the Texas Championships, I plan on going to Florida as people keep pestering me to go there, Ill be going to So Cal on multiple random occasions, and I'll be at apex 2012.

D

Deleted member

This is why this list is useless.
Slush on dat ego trip tho good reads.

Z>delta tho

List
1. Alejandro9561
2. Slush/Zzgashi (one of you makes the list the other is off completely)
3. Karamity
4. Zudenka
5. Polt's Ego 8D

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ego trip? No, I just don't know how to make well structured write-ups or actual lists with my own system, I'm currently not knowledgeable enough to do this yet.
I just gather data from Results and Flayl's list and then think of who the player has beaten/Lost too and then based on what I see In Real Life/videos I make the list.
Of course hadesblade is probably better, but I literally see both, no videos of him playing, or actual results. So I just put myself above him for now until he says "The **** is this ****? I'm 9000 times better then Slush and Firefly"

Of course no Yoshi mains care about this list or anything in the Yoshi Boards except me, but as i've said. Not smart enough to contribute all that much.

Sharky

Smash Master
This is why this list is useless.
Slush on dat ego trip tho good reads.

Z>delta tho

List
0. lil'b
1. Alejandro9561
2. Slush/Zzgashi (one of you makes the list the other is off completely)
3. Karamity
4. Zudenka
5. Polt's Ego 8D
you forgot something

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Lol at you guys being so formal, nice, and yet dramatic.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Slush, I care about the list, I just don't think you're over hades yet. Your list according to how you put it together makes sense, but as this is a skill based list I feel it shouldn't be based off how many vids you have.

When watching vids/seeing results and stuff I feel you and I are pretty close in skill, but you can be over me for sure regardless of what anyone else says IMO, as it's true that I have a lack of rep and playing good smashers, and have no actual proof that I'm good unlike you.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The videos isn't what adds up to how good you are/how the list works, it's more of proof that you're actually playing in tournaments. Cause right now, aside from people in Top 4, everypony else is a Wifi Yoshi.

Polt can't play Wifi.
Delta Plays both wifi and tournaments.
Firefly goes to tournaments, not sure about wifi.
I refuse to play wifi ever again, that was my 2008 days. IT'S OVAH! And SA most likely has the most tournaments in TX period, so i'm really active.
hadesblade plays AiB ladder I think, but as i've said not sure tournament wise.

For Under top 5.
Yosh is in Arkansas so he attends mostly just HOBO/WHOBO events.
burntsockz has old videos and tournament results, but not sure if he's been playing with Yoshi recently all that much.
You Gashi have results so you're okay.
MX apparently has been going to a few tournaments and did good.
Raptor a fresh and new Yoshi main in Delta's state I believe has been turning in good results for quite awhile so I thought he might as well be 10th.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hades goes to irl tournaments I'm pretty sure, and from what I've seen he places well as well.

Scatz

Smash Champion
The videos isn't what adds up to how good you are/how the list works, it's more of proof that you're actually playing in tournaments. Cause right now, aside from people in Top 4, everypony else is a Wifi Yoshi.

Polt can't play Wifi.
Delta Plays both wifi and tournaments. (He doesn't take Wifi serious)
Firefly goes to tournaments, not sure about wifi. (Doesn't own a Wii)
I refuse to play wifi ever again, that was my 2008 days. IT'S OVAH! And SA most likely has the most tournaments in TX period, so i'm really active.
hadesblade plays AiB ladder I think, but as i've said not sure tournament wise. (Hades is Hades <3)

For Under top 5.
Yosh is in Arkansas so he attends mostly just HOBO/WHOBO events.
burntsockz has old videos and tournament results, but not sure if he's been playing with Yoshi recently all that much. (He practically quit, and he barely plays Yoshi)
You Gashi have results so you're okay.
MX apparently has been going to a few tournaments and did good. (Currently inactive due to school)
Raptor a fresh and new Yoshi main in Delta's state I believe has been turning in good results for quite awhile so I thought he might as well be 10th.
Fixed for ya. At any rate, Top 4 is fine with Polt, Hades, NightCrawler (Firefly), Delta, but after that, it gets shaky cause of little results to show a quality top 5 Yoshi, and the region begins to matter at that point.

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's k Illmatic. You got a pretty sick look Peach. Polt just wants the ego to stay high.

Top Bottom