• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Yoshis

Sharky

Smash Master
The videos isn't what adds up to how good you are/how the list works, it's more of proof that you're actually playing in tournaments. Cause right now, aside from people in Top 4, everypony else is a Wifi Yoshi.

Polt can't play Wifi.
Delta Plays both wifi and tournaments.
Firefly goes to tournaments, not sure about wifi.
I refuse to play wifi ever again, that was my 2008 days. IT'S OVAH! And SA most likely has the most tournaments in TX period, so i'm really active.
hadesblade plays AiB ladder I think, but as i've said not sure tournament wise.

For Under top 5.
Yosh is in Arkansas so he attends mostly just HOBO/WHOBO events.
burntsockz has old videos and tournament results, but not sure if he's been playing with Yoshi recently all that much.
You Gashi have results so you're okay.
MX apparently has been going to a few tournaments and did good.
Raptor a fresh and new Yoshi main in Delta's state I believe has been turning in good results for quite awhile so I thought he might as well be 10th.
dourresearchplzkthx

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Polt is always indifferent towards me! :(

The real top 5 Yoshi list.

1.Poltergust
2.Delta
3.Hades
4.Firefly
5.Slush

DONE

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Raptor a fresh and new Yoshi main in Delta's state I believe has been turning in good results for quite awhile so I thought he might as well be 10th.
Lol 10th? >.> Alright.

I don't get how this system works. Did the region come into the equation at all in this?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Raptor, on my personal list you're #8, directly behind me :D

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I think it should look more like this tbh.
1.Poltergust
2.Delta
3.Firefly
4.Slush (above Hades since hes been to numerous tourneys)
5.Hades

6.Yosh
7.Raptor
8.MX
9.Z'zgashi
10.Slice

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Raptor, WANNA MM FOR THE #7 SPOT?!

What big tournaments are you goin to?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Me, lol. I'm far more active on skype than the yoshi boards. =/

I was kind of hurt when I saw you put yourself above me :(. Then I thought maybe it's because I don't post results, but then I realized if that was why then I shouldn't be on the list at all =/.

So I'm curious why did you put yourself above me? O_o
Maybe raptor is right about slush being above Hades since Hades himself admitted that he shouldn't be on the list because he doesn't post results.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
@Gashi
Idk atm. I need to make a lot of money during the summer so Idk which big tourneys i'll be going to at that time. A regional im definitely going to though is The Search for Knightmare516 in NY. And dittos dont mean anything btw. Placings is what matters.

Also, out of curiosity, what makes you so sure you would win the mm if it were to happen? >.>

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tbh I never play other yoshis (aside from this guy in state who uses him but is nowhere near my level with him), I just wanna play you cuz I haven't before (I was just saying 'for #7' as a joke :p) I don't mm to prove anything (most of the time), I only do it to play people at their full potential to gain experience, since a lot of people are dumb and won't play hard if there's nothing to lose. I usually don't ask for mms thinking 'haha lolz free moneh' I do it solely for experience. Now, I'm not saying I go in thinking I'm going to lose, I go in thinking that I CAN do it, and that I have to play my A game to pull through.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Any lag is bad for lolshi...

I swear to god that Yoshi is one of the characters worst effected by lag do to how bad we get ***** for getting read on shield/recovery...

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Any lag is bad for lolshi...

I swear to god that Yoshi is one of the characters worst effected by lag do to how bad we get ***** for getting read on shield/recovery...

THIS. I hate it when people say Yoshi is buffed by wifi.
:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I just realized i typed do instead of due in my post up there

Depster

Smash Champion
Man, I wish I could go to more tourneys....

Right now I'm trying to find a way to make it to Genesis 2 though =0

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
It has recently come to my attention that I am not the best Yoshi in Canada, and seeing how neither Poltergust nor Delta-Cod are Canadian, it stands to reason that I should either be removed from this list or the true Canadian Yoshi champion should be placed above me. I hope, for accuracy's sake, that the current erroneous list can be fixed in this way as soon as possible.

The real best Yoshi in Canada is a player who goes by "Pengy" on All is Brawl. Seeking to challenge my title, we agreed to play some friendlies, and he 2-stocked me not once, not twice, but FOUR TIMES IN A ROW before he grew bored and left me to wallow in my own pitiful self-doubt. You may not have heard of him, but that's only because he lives in Manitoba, a province completely devoid of any smash community (presumably because Pengy scared them all away). Rest assured, when he does make his offline debut, he will shock everybody with his unmatched ability, and will surely challenge even the Blood God himself for the coveted title of "Best Yoshi in North America".

As for me, I've already come to accept this judgement. This is the sign I needed to finally drop Yoshi for good and go all MK from here on out. I was overrated anyway. =]

:005:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This is top on SWF so eff him until he makes an account :]

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Even though I haven't been keeping up with this cause we basically had the top 5 down on Miles list.
With Firefly going to MK (Along with celes but he wasn't on the list/Tournament results added to be typed down in the T5Y) that leaves 3rd spot open, Give it to hadesblade than 4th is open, So I take it and once again... 5th is open. So just put down Sharky or Someone else as 5th best Yoshi now?

I dunno, with this change I might start updating again just for accuracy. Don't care if the rest of you don't care about this/Want anything to do with it. If I ask for the players that're notable in your region, Atleast tell me that.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I totally care for this. In fact, it motivates my drive to keep doing better until I can make the list.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It has recently come to my attention that I am not the best Yoshi in Canada, and seeing how neither Poltergust nor Delta-Cod are Canadian, it stands to reason that I should either be removed from this list or the true Canadian Yoshi champion should be placed above me. I hope, for accuracy's sake, that the current erroneous list can be fixed in this way as soon as possible.

The real best Yoshi in Canada is a player who goes by "Pengy" on All is Brawl. Seeking to challenge my title, we agreed to play some friendlies, and he 2-stocked me not once, not twice, but FOUR TIMES IN A ROW before he grew bored and left me to wallow in my own pitiful self-doubt. You may not have heard of him, but that's only because he lives in Manitoba, a province completely devoid of any smash community (presumably because Pengy scared them all away). Rest assured, when he does make his offline debut, he will shock everybody with his unmatched ability, and will surely challenge even the Blood God himself for the coveted title of "Best Yoshi in North America".

As for me, I've already come to accept this judgement. This is the sign I needed to finally drop Yoshi for good and go all MK from here on out. I was overrated anyway. =]

:005:
What the ****?

The ditto means nothing. I could 3 stock anyone here in the ditto (Raptor? =P) and it would mean nothing. The ditto is the free-est, most hilarious piece of thing in this game (outside of Ike dittos, LOL Quick Draw). Really, I rarely even get hit against Yoshi in the ditto if I'm focusing hard enough, but in most cases I don't even have to because the ditto is just SO free.

And it was LOLfi.

If you want to switch to MK, switch. You don't need an excuse.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, I want #5 too :D

Don't worry, we are actually gonna have tournaments again in Utah lol, I've got two this month :D

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Delta we need to do those dittos again they were fun. XD Oh and slush, why do you think none of us care about this? O.o I see a couple of Yoshi's that are putting in some effort to help with this.

Also, just a question and no offense to Z'zgashi, but what is the reasoning for him being above me? :I

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's because I said I didn't care about it. I never liked the top 5 thing since I started my brawl career. I'm apparently one of the first people everything talks to about stuff.

:phone:

Sharky

Smash Master
I don't particularly care about it either, mostly cause there's STILL no real way to accurately rate us, as for the most part we still haven't played all the same people. Hell, SSB4 will probably be out by that point.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Delta we need to do those dittos again they were fun. XD Oh and slush, why do you think none of us care about this? O.o I see a couple of Yoshi's that are putting in some effort to help with this.

Also, just a question and no offense to Z'zgashi, but what is the reasoning for him being above me? :I
First of all, your post count is amazing. Second, I'm hoping I can prove my place in, or hopefully even climb the rankings. I consistanly place top 10, never once placing below that position in a long time (I've only ever done so once and that was in October of last year), and I have been doing much better lately, so I'm hoping I can step it up in my results more. I'll also be going to bigger tournaments a lot more now that I'm out of high school, so I'll be playing a lot more high level players and be able to improve and show my skills more. ^__^

Luigisama

Smash Champion

maybe if you could actually beat a mk in a tourney you would place high. lol jk

Top Bottom