• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Hated Charectors to Go Against?

BooN

Smash Rookie
Simple. Just post a top 5 list of your most hated matchups In general and(optional)give a comment for each one.

Please no negative comment on someone else's reasons.

Here's mine.

1. Peach- I hate peach with a passion, it's so hard to approach her and she spams dair and floats around like a pansy.

2. Metaknight-The name speaks for itself.

3.Snake- Always a utilt kill. No matter how many times I OoS, spot dodge etc. doesn't stop the foot of death. Also feel like in the civil war dodging Andes and bullets.

4. Wolf- His fsmash is ridiculous annoying, any wolf main doesn't
give one **** about spamming it either.
Also his f-tilt is quite annoying as it shreds your shield.

5. Olimar- Though *****, when you get inside, his pikmin rack up a superb amount of damage, as he can spam and spam them before you even lay a hand on him. Also I have, falcon knee'd, gannon stomped, fist, and somehow always get saved by his invincibility shield(dunno the specific name).

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
1. ICs
2. MK
3. Snake
4. DDD
5. Diddy

Don't quite see the purpose of this, but whatever.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
1.:luigi:- I have absolutely no clue how to fight this guy. Almost always get absolutely destroyed.

2. :toonlink: - IDK why, but I have trouble fighting him.

3. :pikachu: - Same as Toon Link.

4. :olimar: - Would be higher, but i've been getting better after getting some tips on how to approach and block the Pikmin from Tin Man at a tournament recently.

5. Oh god, this is hard. I'd have to say this is a tie between :lucario:, :pit: and :samus:. I just have a lot of trouble fighting theses characters, despite playing with people who main these characters often.

Sarix

Smash Ace
1. Peach- I hate peach with a passion, it's so hard to approach her and she spams dair and floats around like a pansy.
Peach really depends on who you are playing as when it comes to dealing with her as she is a zoning & pressure character. I main :samus2: so I shut down her air game with Zair alone and it really is the main reason the MU between them is even as Peach's main form of pressure is in the air.

5. Oh god, this is hard. I'd have to say this is a tie between :lucario:, :pit: and :samus:. I just have a lot of trouble fighting theses characters, despite playing with people who main these characters often.
Powershielding is key to dealing with Samus's projectile pressure game. Once you learn how to powershield approach just get in her face and stay there, she does not have many reliable ways to deal with heavy CQC aggression.

Characters I personally am not fond of are:

1. Falco: I wouldn't mind this if his SHDL didn't shut down a lot of Samus's tools.
2. Sonic: Despite Samus's Fair being really good against him, his ability to get in my face and stay there is very problematic. That and I have never liked the sonic franchise in its entirety.
3. Pikachu: Small, fast, and a better killer. 3 things Samus's don't like.
4. Marth: If his anti-ledge game wasn't so useful I would have less problems overall.
5. MK: The only reason he made it is because I think a character with that many attacks with transcendent priority should scream as a potential balancing problem to the development team.

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
Hmm, interesting.
I would have to say MK - tornado spam annoys the heck out of me ...
After that it's falco, Diddy (ugh banana spam), ice climbers, and not sure about the last one - probably snake.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
1. Falco
He's just... SO boring to fight.

2. Olimar
Ditto's so dumb. I'm OCD about keeping track of my line, but I have to keep track of my line AND his line AND there's still the chance that he'll get more purples and **** me anyway. It's just frustrating and headache-inducing.

3. Game & Watch
This is a match-up I've always struggled with. Just a mental block.
Doesn't help that you have to play really campy to win.

4. Squirtle
I seriously don't understand what is happening half the time.
Luckily, nobody plays P.T.

5. Metaknight
Always struggled with this match-up, but it won't be as much of a problem with more MK-banned tournaments turning up.
This is more of a personal problem, but I just can't figure out how to properly punish much of what he does. It just ends up feeling like I'm constantly being barraged with things I can't fight back against.

Also I have, falcon knee'd, gannon stomped, fist, and somehow always get saved by his invincibility shield(dunno the specific name).
You mean his DownB, "Whistle"?
He doesn't get invincibility, as he still takes damage from the attacks you hit him with. He just doesn't take knockback. The term for this is "Super Armor".
It doesn't last through the whole move (He's vulnerable for five frames during the move, one before the Super Armor and four after) and you can grab him during the Super Armor part.
Hope that helps a bit.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
1. :dedede:.... Single worst matchup and annoying as hell to fight/kill. He's free if you know their play style, but if you don't win first game, gg, you lost. Single handedly the most derp-de-der character in the game to learn how to use, he's so FREAKIN' easy.

2.-5. No one else really...

M@v

Subarashii!
1.:popo:=My characters' worst matchup.
2.:pikachu2:=Another really bad matchup for both Falco and Fox. Falco has a chance to win at least. Still annoying though getting almost a full stock ahead, then pikachu lands a grab and all that work goes flying out the window :(
3.:olimar:=I personally just can't stand fighting this guy.
4.:jigglypuff: = play a campy puff player and you'll know why this is on my list. I almost fall asleep playing them.
5.:lucario:=Losing to multi-stock aura comebacks is one of the ****tiest feelings ever.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
TL is the only one that really pisses me off. Besides the fact I think he's an annoying character, he just sits and camps all day like a Falco and occasionaly throws in an aerial or usmash. :glare:

ToastyTHT

Smash Rookie
1)A swallowciding Kirby
2)A swallowciding Kirby
3)A swallowciding Kirby
4)A swallowciding Kirby
5)A swallowciding Kirby

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
4.:jigglypuff: = play a campy puff player and you'll know why this is on my list. I almost fall asleep playing them.
Hahahahaha

I'm responsible for this.

Anyways

1. Yoshi - Spams Eggs, Pivot Grabs, and grabs the ledge for 8 minutes straight. Most frusterating character for me to fight. Yoshi is one of my favorite characters in the Mario universe, but in brawl he makes me wanna just choke him to death.
2. Falco - Niether of my mains can take care of this guy, he's just a royal pain in the butt.
3. Samus - those stupid akward banana slips of hers, makes it so much harder.
4. Wario - This guy, is like Jigglypuff on steroids, AKA Melee Jigglypuff.
5. Olimar - So much to pay attention to and any slip up costs you big time.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
1.):fox: - Gosh this char is just stupid. U-smash killing at stupid percents, a dair that's spammed like crazy, and his grab range really pisses me off too. -.-
2.):popo: - Only listed as 2nd because of the lack of ICs that can CG consistently.
3.):snake: - I hate, hate, HATE Snake. Screw his stupid moveset
4.):metaknight: - These MU has just gotten really annoying purely because of having to deal with all the MK CPers
5.):marth: and :dedede: - Same reason as MK

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
With my main I'd say:

1. Olimar - Like, all he needs is just yellow pikmin to completely shut me down. Plus stupid me's always trying to get the pikmin off which result in free hits. And Zelda can't take those...

2. Jigglypuff - Even though the MU's even (how?), Jiggs bait game is just so annoying.

3. Metaknight - Need I say more?

Everyone else is ok with me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
1. Luigi
2. Lucas
3. Game & Watch
4. Wolf
5. MK

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I hate Olimar because he requires almost no skill.
Falco and Toon Link because their entire metagame is centered around camping.
Peach because she's extremely annoying to fight with certain characters.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
1: Dedede. Stupidest character in the game.
2: Oli. I'm sure he's frustrating to a lot of people
3: Falco also somewhat frustrating, but a lot of fun to gimp.

Don't really dislike anyone else. I guess Sonic and PT, I have no idea how to fight those guys (PT mostly cause Squirtle always catches me off guard)

Neon!

Smash Lord
:olimar: Hardest matchup for DK to approach in, comparable to Ganon trying to approach snake.
:popo: I make too many mistakes to be able to play against this character correctly
:dedede: only bad because of the grab.
:metaknight: only bad because of tornado.
:pikachu: impossible to punish

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Olimar by a long shot
Marth by a next long shot
Sonic - He's just annoying as **** to fight. I hate having to chase people
GW Dittos - **** is terrible

And generally anyone I have to chase around and wittle at their health (like Wario and Sonic)

I just trying to catch people. Especially because I'd rather be slippery myself with my good air speed and Up-B

Oh, and Fox. I HATE upsmash so much

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
:rob: - I just can't do this MU with my main (Yoshi) the majority of the time. I have no clue why...I just can't. I die a little on the inside every time I get hit by Nair/Bair. :glare:

There's a huge dropoff after this for me.

:toonlink: - The caaaaaaaaamp. At least with Falco I can juggle him to hell and CG him, but this guy just floats away. =/
:snake: - I've built up a pretty large mental block in the MU, thanks in no small part to the set that cost me a spot in the second round of pools at Apex. :x This really shouldn't be top 5, but I seem to get hit by everything now, and it sucks.
:falco: - See :toonlink:. I shouldn't ever be able to do anything, but when I do, it can be a stock...and the rare occasion when I can get a stock lead is a blast. =D
obligatory :metaknight: - When he knows how to abuse me, it starts to feel hopeless. =[ Losing tournament sets to a stupid aerial SL at 70% when I have a huge lead is pretty rage inducing too...

This list is more complicated when I factor in my secondaries. For example, :diddy:/:popo: is so much worse than :yoshi2:/anything on this list to me. :mad:

:005:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
:metaknight:- The salt mountains from playing this character pierce the heavens
:popo: - One grab. And rules like a lgl help them get the grab.
:marth: - More speed and range, dolphin slash whenever I go for grabs, and fsmash tippers
:olimar: - Makes me approach
:dedede: - dumb*** chaingrab at any %

Zenokidz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Narukami
3DS FC
1091-8486-9344
1. Olimar :He poses a huge threat with the damage his pikman can rack up on me.
2. Wolf : His Fsmash,and Ftilt eat sheild like it's puppy chow.And his smashes are amazing.
3. Falo :Whats not to hate about the guy?
4. Peach :Her booty is incredibly dangerous :/
5. Squirtle : Im not too sure for exact reasons,I just know it's frustrating to fight one in my opinion.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Just depends what character you're using. But universally, pretty much everyone hated going against MK. ^_^

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
it really depends on who I am using tbh.

For example I don't particularly like fighting marth as falco but I don't really care in dittos or as metaknight.

I don't feel like I'm knowledgeable enough at match ups though to really say I hate fighting x character, like I don't really enjoy fighting pikachu diddy or ice climbers but I also know I am bad at the match up so I think a lot of my frustration is lack of character knowledge.

Lof

Smash Cadet
1.Metaknight, hes so tough to get through for me...even when falcon punched
2.Diddy, Once he starts up on me I get destroyed
3.Marth, I don't know why I get countered alot
4.Pit, Hard to kill really spammy moveset
5.Ganondorf, dont ask...

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
1. :snake: - explosions...........explosions everywhere. and that u-tilt makes kirby cry. this match-up is practically impossible for me unless i copy his powers.

2. :falco: - i cant fight him to save my life. shooting lasers all over the place, chaingrabing my *** and all that other ****. how is this kirby/falco matchup even again??

3. :metaknight: - no need to explain. but at least i can hold my own against him.

4. :toonlink: - Its almost like playing call of duty with this guy. camping like a mofo

5 :mario2: - Y U CAPE MY RECOVERY!!!??

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
1. Olimar - Nothing I can do really
2. Peach - All her moves go through mine. This shawty got some strong legs!
3. Yoshi - Just can eat me all day across the stage. and he is annoying to get off the ledge with dem smelly eggs he always throws
4. Snake - Just is real mean. Has no respect for the little kid lucas
5. Sonic - He's too fast! Speed is his game and he just runs :(

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
can't really come up with a top 5 list atm since about to leave for work....

but the two i hate the most.

MK speaks for itself.

Ice climbers, my main doesn't have a truly reliable way to separate em, to make matters worse, from what i've seen when i've goofed off as the ice climbers myself, my main is fairly easy to time the chaingrab on <.< or least for me it is, so im sure a real ic player has no problem with it.

and so im forced to try and get in close to em, and knowing that one screw up and I lose a stock...yeah....I can't stand the ice climbers.

Top Bottom