• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 SSB4 Top Roster Canidates

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I'm voting for Ridley

My god... I can't believe people still use the size bull**** as an argument for if a character is viable or not for the Smash games.

Ok, to everyone who think Ridley is too big, I took some time to make a little photoshop of why YOU DON'T WANT SIZE TO MATTER IN SMASH

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff89/Tiamat_77/Random/Brawl_Size1.jpg

Mario was never given a size, but I assume he's a short man, maybe like 5 feet

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff89/Tiamat_77/Random/Brawl_Size2.jpg

Now let's put 5 characters on our beloved FD without items, real size

Ness was always just a wee bit higher than Pika, that would make him about 1 feet and half! Mario is also shorter than Lucario... a less-then-3-feet man? lol no. And let's not mention poor Olimar having to deal with his size

Still want Smash to scale? I don't
True, but Shrinking Ridley to make him playable isn't a real problem, Shrinking him, and still keeping him epic, is. He's likely to be around bowser's height if they do. If I'm allowed to vote, add one more to Ridley.

Steelia

Smash Champion
If you ask me, I think they should enlarge ALL the characters. Aerial games aren't any good if the characters are too tiny to hit. I find it difficult to have fun in a Brawl match because I keep missing my targets when they're literally just a hair's length away. Make larger characters, have the stages slightly modified, we'll have a good time. :)

<POST DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS THIS COUNT. PARDON.>

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
If you ask me, I think they should enlarge ALL the characters. Aerial games aren't any good if the characters are too tiny to hit. I find it difficult to have fun in a Brawl match because I keep missing my targets when they're literally just a hair's length away. Make larger characters, have the stages slightly modified, we'll have a good time. :)

<POST DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS THIS COUNT. PARDON.>
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyways, put one in for Mewtwo please...

M@v

Subarashii!
Put my vote as roy for t3h f1r3.

Krystal is a close second though.
Move set would be easy:
She uses her staff, and various staff attacks would make up her aerials and a moves.
B-earthquake
side b-fireball
up b- That staff booster thing from star fox advantures
Down b- The energy shield that encompasses you. This would act as her reflector.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
robobutt shouldn't be playable; he should be a boss. Tails shouldn't be playable either; he should be an assist trophy.

I would also like for the following motion to happen: Everyone who votes for Roy to be in, I request that you all additionally say "I'm glad Sakurai made 3 Star Fox clones for Brawl"

I already voted but in 20 minutes it'll be tomorrow where I am soo +1 Geno

Levi5

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr. -
King K. Rool -
Ridley -
Krystal -
Mewtwo -
Roy -
Isaac -
Dr.Eggman -
Geno -
Megaman -
slay me if bowser jr is a playable character

King K. Rool is the ****in man

Ridley is too big to fit on a disc

if krystal is in then there should be like 3 landmasters less before she is put in.

Mewtwo is uber so he's banned

Roy is too ****'ing good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at1ucvaQ9NE

who the hell is isaac?

dr. eggman, why not Dr. Robotnik?

Geno is a puppet

Megaman is smaus

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ridley is too big to fit on a disc

if krystal is in then there should be like 3 landmasters less before she is put in.

Mewtwo is uber so he's banned
LMAO to those points.

Please... Mewtwo.

Vangu Vegro

Smash Rookie
Hmmm....

Voting for Ridley again.

And wow @ Bowser Jr's popularity. No idea so many people would like him. I never thought of putting him in (other than a SSE cameo), but looks like I may have to reconsider.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
Black Shadow. F-Zero needs more Brawlers! In the words of Captain Falcon: "Come On!"

Witch_

Smash Cadet
K. Rool would be the obvious choice. A projectile crown that rolls on the floor = hilarity.

A cheap version of Link from Majora's Mask maybe? Like PT, except he goes from Deku to Zora to Goron? Why not?

And now that they've opened Pandora's Box with Sonic, why not Shadow?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Phew... I came here a few hours ago and was like "Oh no, Roy only has 2 votes for today so far! D:" Now I return to find that he has gotten 4 MORE votes since I last checked... xD .........Wait.........

I'm voting for Roy. :p

Make that 5 more votes. :bee:

5 + 2 = 7 votes for today so far. xP Rock on, Roy... Rock on...

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
honestly I don't think sonic will get more than one rep.

He's popular, but at the same time why would Nintendo buy the rights to use another character from the same series? especially sense the character would only appeal to the people who sonic already appeals to. it would be a terrible marketing strategy, and I think Nintendo would rather invest their money in buying right to a character that people will actually consider buying the game over.

tl;dr Nintendo wouldn't consider buying more characters from the same 3rd party series when they could buy more characters from different series to increase the interest of different people.

Steelia

Smash Champion
honestly I don't think sonic will get more than one rep.

He's popular, but at the same time why would Nintendo buy the rights to use another character from the same series? especially sense the character would only appeal to the people who sonic already appeals to. it would be a terrible marketing strategy, and I think Nintendo would rather invest their money in buying right to a character that people will actually consider buying the game over.

tl;dr Nintendo wouldn't consider buying more characters from the same 3rd party series when they could buy more characters from different series to increase the interest of different people.
I hear that. As much as I would like my favorite Sonic character (Knuckles) to be playable in some fashion... I just don't see it happening. (And in Sonic's case, if you put in one... got to put in the rest. And that's quite a bit right there; enough for it's own fighting game. :p )
Plus, the Smash series is made to promote NINTENDO-based games, not necessarily the third-party games. Third-party characters are merely guests; don't let the spotlight stray from the true-blue Nintendo-based fighters this game is known for.

I'm all for Sonic characters (and other third-party characters' comrades, if more happen to join in) being Assist Trophies, trophies, stickers and background goodies, though.

<VOTED EARLIER; PARDON.>

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Sakurai had the permission to use more Sonic characters in Brawl. Sakurai got permission to not only use Sonic in Brawl, but his franchise as well. Otherwise, why would there be trophies, stickers, and Assist Trophies of other Sonic characters. Tails, Knuckles, and even that white, lame, stupid, dumb, Marty Stuish Sonic wannabe (Silver) were background characters in Sonic's stage..

If Sakurai only got the license of the character Sonic, then he wouldn't be able to put in his friends. Sakurai could of had another playable Sonic rep if he wanted to. I don't think he will, but Sakurai should still put in a second Sonic rep.

Of course, Krystal for SSB4!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Interesting thread.

As much as I love Megaman, when the complete Brawl roster was confirmed I was actually more devastated by Isaac's non-inclusion because I thought he was a given. So for the time being, I'll go with Isaac and maybe I'll vote Megaman sometime later.

Vote: Isaac

Top Bottom