• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 SSB4 Top Roster Canidates

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Mewtwo.

Get rid of Lucario. Cats > Dogs.

@Krystal in 4 -- is her final smash gonna be just like Wolfs, Fox, Falcos, and Toon Links final smash also?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I'm pretty sure the only reason that Roy got a bandwagon is because of Fox having two semi-clones of himself in Brawl. I understand Mewtwo, because he was popular before Smash unlike Roy.
I'm voting for Krystal again.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
krystal. when i play smash, i feel a sexism vibe by the lack of female characters.Samus and Krystal would make a great team.Zelda and Peach would make great captives.

•Col•

Smash Champion
krystal. when i play smash, i feel a sexism vibe by the lack of female characters.Samus and Krystal would make a great team.Zelda and Peach would make great captives.
.......Are you forgetting Starfox Adventures, the game Krystal first appeared in? >_> She was trapped for like 98% of the game.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
I vote Mega Man! It'd be easy to make a moveset for him. He also appeared on Nintendo systems more than Sonic and Snake. (Not sure about Sonic)
Sonic:

Sonic Adventure 2 battle
Sonic Heroes
Super smash bros brawl.
Sonic and the secret rings
Sonic advance
Sonic advance 2
Sonic mega collection
Sonic R

Snake:
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2:snakes revenge
Super smash bros brawl.

"not sure about sonic"?

edit: person above me:Atleast she has a spear and an accent. beat THAT.

Steelia

Smash Champion
It's 1201 here. Seriously. Hopefully this counts, as we all live in different time zones. >_>

Mewtwo, please.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
I pray to god that we don't get megaman or geno.
if you are going to flame this post, well heck, you fanboys WILL flame this post. Just do it artistically.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I vote Ridley again.

Now, for my artistical flame:
I pray to god that we don't get megaman or geno.
if you are going to flame this post, well heck, you fanboys WILL flame this post. Just do it artistically.
Exactly these two character you named here are the 2 most likely 3rd Party-characters for a possible SSB4. I have forgotten the reasoning for Geno, as I despise the character, but I've been told how he is likely to be put into SSB4, and accepted it (unwillingly).

As for Megaman... Megaman is an even more likely candidate for Smash 4. Almost all Megaman series and games have been on Nintendo systems (except for a few remakes, all Legends-games 'cept for 1 and the X-series from 4 to 8). Megaman is one of the biggest icons of gaming, a very liked character and probably Capcom's best known character. Megaman 9 has been a great success. Kenji Inafune stated that he could imagine seeing Megaman in Smash (which translates to "I'd like to see him in Smash.") and stated that Nintendo just would need to give him a call. Capcom in general likes crossovers (Marvel vs. Capcom, SNK vs. Capcom, Namco X Capcom, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom ...), and adding Megaman to Smash 4 would raise the sells even more than now, since practically all well-known Nintendo icons are already used.

Ange

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr.

Would be pretty funny to see paintbrush strokes that cause damage.

•Col•

Smash Champion
+1 more vote for Roy right here. :D

Goooooooooo Roooooooooooooooooooooy!!!!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh noes! There wasn't a single vote for Mewtwo on the page before this one!

+1 Mewtwo

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Let me go through my though process:

Bowser Jr.
Reason's for: Another Mario Character, likely an original moveset, representation of 21's century characters from said series (let alone anybody from Mario made after 1990)
Against: none

K. Rool:
for: DK representation
against: none really

Ridley:
Reason's for: Metroid representation, and we wanted him to be playable anyway
against: problems on how to make him playable, namely due to size. Dark Samus can fill in with less problems

Krystal:
Reasons for: more females, original moveset, we wanted her in anyway
against: Starfox is now overrepresented, even without her. Dark Samus can fill in same role (yes, Dark Samus is a girl, not an it)

Mewtwo:
for: we want him back, more Pokemon representation
against: you guys didn't like him when he was playable

Roy:
for: more fire emblem representation, we want him back
against: see mewtwo

Issac:
?

Geno:
For: more Mario representation
Against: poorly known except by retro gamers. Many more Mario characters are more known/ more deserving

Megaman:
For: more 3rd parties
against: could morph into a Samus clone

Dr. Robotnik (aka eggman)
For: 3rd Party representation, sonic representation
against: lame name. Problems if Sonic doesn't return.

My vote goes for Bowser jr.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
on behalf of machinima itself, it think that ridley is probably who they want.
I personally want krystal.I have a hunch she would be a good main for me.
to the guy above me, you said that starfox was overpopulated but you wanted geno and bowser junior. Right now it is starfox 3 mario 4 (5 with yoshi). starfox needs more characters.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
on behalf of machinima itself, it think that ridley is probably who they want.
I personally want krystal.I have a hunch she would be a good main for me.
to the guy above me, you said that starfox was overpopulated but you wanted geno and bowser junior. Right now it is starfox 3 mario 4 (5 with yoshi). starfox needs more characters.
I never said I wanted geno. I can come up with three people who I think are more deserving outside Bowser Jr. (Waluigi, Daisy, & Rosalina [Super Mario galaxy])

For the last bit, it is kind of in terms of "do we really need another Starfox Character?" this is arguable (personally, I'd be fine if they add one more or so), as it depends on who you ask. There are two factors that can determine representation, the size of the franchise and how many characters the franchise actually has that can be used. Mario and Pokemon are Nintendo's Two largest franchises (not to mention the two largest franchises to date), and both have many characters that are available to represent it (The top 10 actually has two representatives from Mario, Bowser Jr. and Geno) (this also explains why Pokemon has the most representation overall). The size and # of useable Characters in a franchise explains why people typically argue for more representatives from Donkey Kong and Metroid. Kirby is larger than Metroid in terms of size, but has something of a lack of usable characters (Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede are the series main stars, all are represented here). Metroid has a simialr problem, since most of the characters are either one timers (Every Bounty hunter except Samus Aran) or really large (Ridley for example, is several times Samus' height), with a couple of exceptions here and there (Dark Samus) Alowing for more representation. Starfox has the reverse problem. In terms of size, the series is extremely small (actually, it has half the games Metroid has), yet in terms of usable Characters, there are several, including the non used Starfox and Starwolf Characters (Krystal, Peppy, Slippy, Leon, and Panther). This can cause problems.

Top Bottom