• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 SSB4 Top Roster Canidates

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Krystal. I was suprised that she wasn't in Brawl. If I could vote for more than one character, then 2nd place would be Megaman because I like his classic games and thought he was the 3rd 3rd party rep for Brawl. Dr. Eggman would be 3rd, because he's more like an actual villian than the cuddly wuddly Bowser who doesn't betray Mario and he could be one of the most unique characters in Smash.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well, hopefully SSB4 won't have a full adventure mode like the SSE, maybe a shorter one that's less annoying, so hopefully they'll have enough room for more characters.

So here's my newcomer list:

Sylux (Metroid)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Wolf Link/Midna (TLOZ)
BomberMan (Bomberman)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Geno (SMRPG)
Ridley (Metroid)
King K. Rool (DK)
Shadow (Sonic)
Bowser Jr. (Mario)
Mega Man (Do I really need to say that?)
Gray Fox (Metal Gear)
Petey Piranha (Mario)
Zant or Vaati (TLOZ) (but hopefully Zant because he's more bad*ss)
Deoxys or Darkrai (Pokemon) (but hopefully Deoxys because he changes forms)
Waluigi (Mario/Wario) -maybe (if not another Sonic, FE, or Metroid character, or maybe Deathborn from F-Zero)

+ Mewtwo & Roy

That would be 54 characters, right?

Well, here's my new characterselection screen!

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
@ the above pic: too many lame characters in that list, and over-represents mario, zelda, pkmn, star fox and metroid zant/slux/wolf link/parana/deoxys, really? 58 character roster, really?

what does roy have that Ike doesn't? Why not just make some skins (get rid of shadow make him alt skins for sonic, maybe falco be skins for fox).

finally, I vote
-1 Roy

and will do so daily until roy voters say in their vote "I am glad Sakurai made 3 star fox clones in brawl" because if you have roy, marth and ike in the next game that is essentially doing the same thing to SSB4 that Sakurai did with starfox to SSBB =0

Also, eggman should be a SSE boss =/

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Geno should definitely be in the top 3 somewhere. Having so much material to draw upon from Super Mario RPG, making him a character in a fighting game should be easy. Now, if only Nintendo would buy the character license from Square...

Ange

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. (:

Hah, awesome! I voted on this exact time yesterday too.

Just cause of that, Im gonna try to do this like.. three times in a row this weekend.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
@ the above pic: too many lame characters in that list, and over-represents mario, zelda, pkmn, star fox and metroid zant/slux/wolf link/parana/deoxys, really? 58 character roster, really?

what does roy have that Ike doesn't? Why not just make some skins (get rid of shadow make him alt skins for sonic, maybe falco be skins for fox).

finally, I vote
-1 Roy

and will do so daily until roy voters say in their vote "I am glad Sakurai made 3 star fox clones in brawl" because if you have roy, marth and ike in the next game that is essentially doing the same thing to SSB4 that Sakurai did with starfox to SSBB =0

Also, eggman should be a SSE boss =/
Well, this IS smash bros., so I chose characters that well represent Nintendo, like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid characters. You know how Sakurai feels about too many 3rd parties. I was just trying to be realistic.

And the StarFox characters in SSBB were not really clones, even though they could be much less of clones. Falco could use a homing launcher and a jetpak like in StarFox Assault, and Wolf, a few changes with special moves. And Falco could use an ArWing for final smash.

Marth, Ike, and Roy don't all have to be the same. Ike and Marth are already completely different in Brawl, they could do something different for Roy.

And... how could Falco be an alt skin for Fox? He looks completely different. And get rid of Shadow for an alt skin? Have you ever played Sonic games? Shadow is a completely different character. He uses chaos and a lot of kicks while Sonic mostly uses spin dash combos and a variety of punches, kicks, etc.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
K. Rool.

That character list was epic fail. The amoutn of characters without a doubt will be exactly 50. The following characters were also fail and have no chance of happening: Wolf Link, Zant, Waluigi, Petey Piranha, Sylu, Deoxys, Roy, Gray Fox, Shadow, and Krystal is unlikely, but is the least of the problems with that list. .Also, Black Shadow over Goroh. If you must have a 3rd Metroid, make it Dark Samus.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
That character list was fail for the lack of Waddle Dee, Masked Dedede, Waddle Doo, Galactia Knight, Gordo, and Parasol Waddle Dee.

Another vote for K. Rool please.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh no.... D: I missed voting yesterday! Oh well.......

I'll vote for Roy today....

•Col•

Smash Champion
K. Rool.

That character list was epic fail. The amoutn of characters without a doubt will be exactly 50. The following characters were also fail and have no chance of happening: Wolf Link, Zant, Waluigi, Petey Piranha, Sylu, Deoxys, Roy, Gray Fox, Shadow, and Krystal is unlikely, but is the least of the problems with that list. .Also, Black Shadow over Goroh. If you must have a 3rd Metroid, make it Dark Samus.
Really? The only problem I saw with that list was King K. Rool. :)

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo, but only if he's done right. And by 'done right' I mean 'fast and powerful.' Why was the second third fastest (I only count up to gen 3) pokemon one of the slowest characters in the game?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Krystal for SSB4 or else I'll throw the game into a bonfire.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Knuckles.

10HedefeatedSuperSonics

Top Bottom