• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Funnest Smashers to Play Against.

Banks

Smash Hero
SloX <3

I like people who play a variety of characters and switch it up when playing friendlies, you get all diff matchups etc

gotta give a shoutie to roman tho, we always have giggle-time fun when we play
i like playing Plank as well, cuz we are sheik brethren and enjoy a good one regrab no cg sheik ditto

as for super pro'z, jman is always a good time

KDJ was the most fun and confusing player in friendlies, because he did the dumbest **** that somehow worked all the time

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I would probably put Zhu on a list but he never wants to play me at tournaments :(

Colbol: You cannot **** up your edgeguards against he because he will come back and you will die. Also he's so fast it makes you play faster

Cactuar: He makes you feel stupid and you learn! Plus you get to sit next to him ;)

Jman: He's like a Cactuar that tries. Also his technical abilities means you're probably seeing something new every match. And then when you **** him and make him quit out you feel accomplished

Wobbles: He does insane **** in friendlies and you learn to not get grabbed. And by him I mean Nana. Also he tries to "play" other characters but they're completely non-trad but still effective. Mostly.

Darkrain: Teaches you to not get hit, because it's probably going to be a death combo. Not legit.

Dr PP: lol lasers. Also he actually tries to fight Peach, which is refreshing.

M2K: because my style frustrates him and it makes for very interesting matches. And sometimes I 0-death him with a stitch and he quits out. Also you learn a lot

Mango: If you ever beat him he's probably going to 3 stock you next match. It's quite a humbling (and learning experience)

Xelic: death giggle

PC: he's just a wealth of knowledge and he's seen it all, so he always has an answer for tricksies

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
1. HazZarD, I mean seriously holy **** what the ****, he's like the most funnest player to ever play against ever in the history of the world.

2. Swiftbass, knows my playstyle well enough that he actually forces bad habbits out of me.

3. Niko45, makes me feel like the god of comboing Marth, lol. also he's funny as **** and combos my *** right back

4. HBK, I just do really well vs. HBK and it makes me feel good at this game, lol.

5. Pakmang, pretty much the only bro I can play smash with between games of league of legends.

I dunno, I also really like playing against terrible Falcon players like Scar.

EDIT: oh ****! this is top 10?

ummm
l
6. otg, but seriously, **** doc

7. prog, lawl, I get to play Pikachu vs. Falcon for like, hours at a time, lol.

8. pc chris, keeps this game in perspective. it's just a game and I'll never amount to anything in it, lol.

9. taki, god I love fast players who I can just mash buttons against and still have close and fun matches.

10. pc jona, that *****'s funny as ****

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You know, you guys should remake your vocabulary becase I read your posts and it's like "**** **** **** **** wavedash epar **** **** ****, nonconsentualsexualrelations"
I've only played one person who I can really recognize as a big player. Chu

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I've never even come close to being able to play some of the top smashers out there. However, here are the players that I would love the chance to play against, despite the fact that I can't hold a candle to any of them:

1. SilentSpectre - I never get more excited during matches then when I'm watching Jeff. He has to be one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen, always doing something that's either crazy innovative or just plain ****. Definitely my top pick.
2. Zhu - I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of a Zhu fanboy lol. I really like his play style, and it would be sweet to play against him. He was also the main inspiration for me to improve my Falco game.
3. Mango - Even though I would get ***** (understatement of the year), I'd imagine that the learning experience from playing him would be invaluable.
4. Tang - God I love Mitchel's Fox. Playing against him would be awesome.
5. DaShizWiz - What can I say... he's probably the best Falco in the country. I'd also love to hear him shout "DIE!" in person haha.
6. HomeMadeWaffles - I just really like his Doc lol. And after listening to his commentary for so long, he seems like a real chill, fun guy.
7. Axe - His Pikachu is so much fun to watch, I think it would be a blast to play against him.
8. Wobbles - Who wouldn't want to get chain grabbed between platforms?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
1:TheLake-I play this guy more than anyone else on the planet. Playing with him make me forcefully realize my habits and mistakes or i'll get ***** easy. Regardless of how mad i get at the game while playing him. Its always a good time.

2:Vudujin-The best **** luigi i've played against. Is really good at those oddball characters so i have to revamp my style a bit to adjust for his quirkyness with his characters. Plus constant aggression vs calculated defense for an entire match is just too fun.

3:Taki-Steps up my tech game like two levels when i play him. he just forces me to play the game faster. Plus im sure we have this rivalry between us because we both just refuse to lose to the other.

4:Swfitbass-Chillest guy i have ever met. I rarely see him break composure. Super nice, and have been learning stuff every time i play him since the first duquesne smashfest.

5:Toasty-i was constantly laughing while playing him. He is just really funny and good at making you have a good time with the game. We played a lot at APEX and they were some of the best matches i had the whole weekend.

Mine is really more of a top 5. xD

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
adding swiftbass for his smooth and quick little fox and always fun demeanor

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
idk off the top of my head, and only from people I've actually played with :x

1. silent wolf, easy. never johns, does hella tight **** all the time, is always down for chipotle, and so forth

2. ka-master's falcon :D

3. [now its gonna be a bunch of falcons] SilentSpectre haha

4. mach dash, basically the same thing as SS except he like says random stuff in broken english lol

5. tani. it's like a less frustrating version of m2k's marth in that you still die when you get grabbed 100% of the time, but he doesn't drink all your milk or pick brinstar+puff against you randomly in friendlies

6. hoshino kirby ^.^ fighting sheiks is super fun, especially good/oldschool sheik who says a lot of funny **** and like flips out at random **** in a funny way

7. vish ^____^

8. m2k o.O

9+. connor, joe, idk people from cali who are tight lol. Kira?

feel like I'm forgetting someone x_x

4% APR

Smash Champion
The most fun I can remember having in this game was at Pound playing teams against Zgetto and Adam, Idk why, but it was amazing. Not much of a list

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Awesome Fun Tier - Sion

Fun Tier - Other people

Not Fun Tier - Jigglypuff players and gay low tier players

Super Boring Claw-My-Eyes-Out-From-How-Boring Tier - Jigglypuff players or gay low tier players using their secondaries

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Stop reading right now if you don't care/know about SoCal or Arizona.

I haven't played too many people outside of SoCal and Arizona...so this would be my top 10 for all of them:

1. Axe (Won't go Pikachu cause I play Sheik <3) - Always compliments you and is all around friendly. Makes random references to stuff (Whoa! Help me!{Slippy} Watch my feet!{Teh Zhu Kiipah} I can't!{Knuckles} Maria...{Shadow}). Laughs while comboing in friendlies and says "Too easy! Piece of cake!" If he's ****** you, he'll save you with Falco's shine or Pika's Uair or whatever. Also super fun to team with. You're guaranteed 1st or 2nd place at local tourneys.

2. Zhu (Falco/Fox/Marth) - Is also suuuuper friendly. Makes you feel as though you're progressing every match and also makes you feel as though you're helping him learn too.

3. Jetfour (Falcon/Marth/Not Sheik) - Is hilarious in-game and out. Goes for gimps that should kill both players but then air dodges knowing that you'll try to recover, then will get hit and tech or whatever to make it back on the stage to taunt. Basically does stuff that most wouldn't think of. Stands up and smiles at you while Wobbling. Tends to Knee followed by taunt at the word GO! Calls on the power of the Falcon by yelling "ISAI!!!"

4. Forward (Everyone) - Is a really smart player who I feel like can help you learn every single match. Knows so much about the game and has intuitive smarts, rather than relying on tech skill to overwhelm you.

5. Shivknight (Fox/Sheik/Marth) - Is very calm and serene (even in tense tourney sets). Has never been anything less than cheerful/happy. Plays very different than most people...i.e. Overusing platforms, falling uair with Fox, Fox Dair edgeguard.

6. Psychomidget (Falcon) - Really nice, positive, and funny guy. Kinda goofy, but in a good way. Knows counterpicks surprisingly well.

7. V3ctorman (Falco/Yoshi/Mewtwo) - Always does technical stuff and is positive. Half the time he's ****** you with a low tier combo...the other half, you're ****** him with a top/high on a low tier combo.

8. Silly Kyle (Pink Peach/Green Peach) - Has an insatiable drive to always do his best. Plays every match like it's tourney, thus every match is learnable from. Says very flamboyant and dramatically things like, "Yeah, take it!" "Go Peach!" "Crown smack that b****!" "Oww, right in my p***y." "Dsmash to dsmash is my favorite combo!" "Nice toad."

9. MacD (Peach) - Fairly aggressive. I personally feel as though I learn a lot from playing him. Punishes mistakes really well.

10. Rubyiris (Falco/Fox) - Standing laser. Ledge jump. Forward B off edge. Misses punishes due to tech skill. Then...johns about not having the perfect controller and that although he outplayed you, you won because he did a standing laser. In all honesty, he helps you learn how to play against lasers and tech skill, which is now becoming more and more prevalent.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my exp is mostly restricted to norcal. havent really played enough people to make a good list of 10 that i enjoy

5. silentspectre - always puts a smile on my face

4. Mew2King - his punishments let you know why he reigned for so long lol. i'm glad i play ic's, cuz he tends to get kinda demoralized by good mixups and unfamiliar strategies, a.k.a. quitting out of the match and picking a more familiar matchup. protip: double blind him in tournament

3. Fly_Amanita - ic dittos, always learn a lot from both watching and playing him

2. HMW - just your all around good player... has a ton of experience from just straight up playing all the time. known him for a while, always a fun time playing him cuz we have a mutual respect and we are not afraid of each other

by far my favorite player to play against:

1. KFC - goes for the RANDOMEST stuff that works. whether it's dash dance, jab, to run away and dash dance more...... walk up to do nothing.... or his signature fox move walk up -> turn around -> utilt... he ALWAYS thinks up something new to throw you off. and it's not that he's trying to be gimmicky... it's just the way he thinks. he doesn't think he's random... it's just his way of learning your tendencies. very adaptive player, and he sees not 1 but 3 or 4 steps ahead. very patient and reacts to mistakes very well. great at dittos...

his weakness is that his unpredictability can fail to his opponent's unpredictability. when i play his fox, my mindset is to throw out something random that will throw HIM off, and it works. but this just makes the matches extremely fun because the fakeouts that we do to each other just look so stupid LOL, even tho it's a serious match. great marth, overall just the best person to play cuz of his unique mindset

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
haha

andre <3

my list: in no particular order

sk92- hella fun for some reason, couldn't stop laughing when i played him in seriouslys at 0c3, dunno why, i think it was because i was super high or something

choknator- love cheering for him at tournies, he's a huge underdog that people will recognize one day. our matches are back and forth and he understands my playstyle just as well as my own crew does. im completely even with him in tourney matches and friendlies i think. he's my rival since my first tourney and will remain my rival forever <3

knives- we are completely even, we have intense matches and its just fun

jpeg- he's just a cool guy

mexican- he uses dk

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
bum bum bum...

10. v3ctorman- i like playing him cuz hes good with low tiers and can make u feel stupid for doing stuff but is still a nice guy when u ask for criticism.

9. rubyiris- when he isnt raging(lol <3) he's actually pretty fun to play, funny guy in general. even though he speaks it in ways that are weird to many, he DOES have a HUGE drive to play the game and get better at it. inspires me to do things because 99% of what he pulls off he does in training mode, and he still beats people here. too good.

8. rusty- this kid is always laughing no matter what. you can have fun and laugh at almost anything and it's pretty hard to get upset when playing him. even if he brags when he wins it's not in a way to put u down but in a way to have u play another game to see if he can do it again and just for general enjoyment.

7. gg7- this is only at 7 cuz i rage so much when playing him. i enjoy playing him though because he reads so much of what i do very well, it inspires me to REALLY get better because i dont want to get read like a book D:

6. silly kyle- he has incredible drive for the game and always improves really fast. he makes me want to improve just as quickly and is always a nice challenge to face because hes definitely a good up and coming peach. he's also my doubles partner and we ****, etc =D.

5. jetfour- one of the few people outside axe and forward who can legitly make me feel stupid about the things i do. if you do something that he thinks is a major mistake he's always quick to point it out to help you and answers any questions you have further. he plays slow and doesnt have as much tech skill but i feel he makes just as good if not(and probably) better decisions than the people i play who i feel are "technical".

4. shivknight- does un-usual things and is definitely always calm and collected. we have good talks about smash and i can NEVER EVER get mad while playing him. it's just too difficult.

3. axe- jeff is the best. hes fun to play against because he's always like a kid at heart and just has a really good time. laughs at almost everything while playing and is enjoyable to talk with about things as well.

2. tai- tai is like a mix of shiv and axe plus himself. he can be serious when he wants to be, also calm or laugh about things while playing. he pulls off without a doubt the coolest looking falcon combos ive ever seen anyone EVER do. because of the way we talk about things while playing it lightens the mood so that it never feels extremely serious or tense and i cant really get mad while playing him. GOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLL.

1. forward- i've played him so much and as frustrated as i can get, its only because i wish i was in his head and could know what hes doing. he never fails to amaze me and when he gets surprised even at himself i feel i knew that was there all along because i feel that he is THAT great of a player. he can critically break down and analyze any situation, can tell you what to do and what not to do, and is also motivating. he'll do things in a match and challenge you to do something to beat him back. he WANTS the best for you, to challenge you, to test you, to push you to your limits. he's definitely my biggest inspiration and when i think of why i still play this game, i go back and watch videos of him and remember.

so yeah thats my list or whatever.

SANE NROMAL GIRL

Smash Rookie
1. cpiu buddy #12 (usually level 9 high tier characters like fox falco) - predictive
2. my sister (mains sheik) - good shiek but should probably learn how to use needles and then maybe stop my pikachu from making it back to the stage :laugh:
3. friend jon (Mains DK) - good DK but has problems being consistent against my pikachu. probably should use dair to usmash more

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
I've played smash with shirtless Cactuar while sharing a dish of cheesy pasta in his bed under the sheets with the space heater cranked on high.

NOT EVEN JOKING!

HETERO BROS FOR LIFE!

:laugh:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
2. tai- tai is like a mix of shiv and axe plus himself. he can be serious when he wants to be, also calm or laugh about things while playing. he pulls off without a doubt the coolest looking falcon combos ive ever seen anyone EVER do. because of the way we talk about things while playing it lightens the mood so that it never feels extremely serious or tense and i cant really get mad while playing him. GOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLL.
my falcon combos are too good

you should also mention my sick marth combos in friendlies ;)

dair edgecancel weak uair regrab uthrow tipper?

dair charged usmash?

chillindude829

Smash Master
**** im surprised im on your list zhu considering you ***** me haha. real talk you were one of the most impressive players i played at apex and i really liked your style, good ****

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
I've played smash with shirtless Cactuar while sharing a dish of cheesy pasta in his bed under the sheets with the space heater cranked on high.

NOT EVEN JOKING!

HETERO BROS FOR LIFE!

:laugh:
at least we're good enough to make cactuar take his shirt off lolol

HugS™

Smash Lord
I won't put a write up on each player, but my list always consists of people who enjoy playing against me. There's nothing that makes me not wanna play a person more than someone who whines about how boring I am to play against.

To me, these complaints are usually signs of misguided emotions that only surface because of their frustrations in not being able to figure me out. Either that, or they aren't talented enough to adapt when things don't go their way. They're used to having things work, and losing only when others do what they do...except better. Then they fight me, and crumble when standard tactics don't work anymore.

Zhu, I really had no idea you enjoyed playing me. I'm glad you learned to not hate it so much. I guess it was just because it'd be frustrating to get off the rotation and not get a chance to figure me out.

I'm listing only active or more relevant players. Some of my classic favorites barely play anymore; at least not with the same vigor as they did during their prime.

1. Mango
2. Lovage
3. Johnny
4. Replicate
5. Larry (DEHF)
6. MacD
7. Silent Spectre
8. Jman
9. PC Chris
10. Armada
11. Forward (I know, but I had to)

If you want to know why my list has few of the more known players, it's because a lot of top players want to walk away from the TV when they beat you, because they want the satisfaction, and they don't want you to learn anything. So, top players are more fun in tournament, usually. The famous players I've mentioned are a few of the exceptions.

D

Deleted member

no order:

silentspectre- in pools he did a 13 hit combo on me in fod, almost all of them being edge cancels

top tier falcons-i've barely played scar/hax but these guys are really fun to play against. Hax's worst match is in falcon dittos and feels like he has an edge on me, his reflexes are super good

hugs- constantly adapts and i still don't understand how he grabs with 99% accuracy

lovage/silentwolf - extremely technical and not ********

dehf- legendary socal falco that i wish played melee more
mango

connor-talented as ***, only downfall is he might be too smart

joe- camps like a homoe but satisfying when u beat him, even if it means having to play gayer. this guy will not hesitate to up-throw up-smash you 3 times in a row after playing for 10 hours straight

mango/lucky/alex19- almost consider them one person, all 3 of these guys **** so hard

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i liked playing falco vs you hugs

i died way too fast when i used falcon, i barely even remember the emotions of it

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Zhu, I really had no idea you enjoyed playing me. I'm glad you learned to not hate it so much. I guess it was just because it'd be frustrating to get off the rotation and not get a chance to figure me out.
mmm I still probably have mixed feelings about it. I think I've just never really had the opportunity to just sit down and play you without rotation / money on the line, but yeah, that one time I did, it taught me a lot and was actually pretty fulfilling to get matches here and there.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i'm not sure how to list it because I usually forget some people I play idk...Idon't get out enough.

PB&J(with a Cat in the room) is probably #1 though

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
alan - cuz its he's hilarious, and we practically talk **** to each other the whole time anyway

darrell - cuz darrell mad good and he knows HELLA **** about the game, he always tells me some random **** i never knew or gives me advice about the character im playing its mad helpful

gishnak - this dude is just a ****ing champ, and his fox is off the wall man, its ridiculous, i have alot of fun playing gish

dashizwiz - he literally beat my *** cuz of all the smashmac practice, im lucky enough to get 1 stocked, but when he was here, we still had alot playing random stuff in the game, then ill go back to him 3 stocking me, he's the last player i played in a while and just thought "well i ain't beating this guy no time soon"

zoap - PAPA PETE!!!!!! this man is hilarious playing peter he'll either be beating my *** and then do some dumb **** in game, or just **** talk to me the entire time, having peter at a smashfest makes things that much better

scar - regardless if its tournament, not tournament whatever this mother****er will do the most coolest **** ive ever seen or do the opposite with some of the most ******** **** ive ever seen in my life, he's so fun to play

choknater - not gonna lie, had some heated sets with this guy, he never falls, never slips or ****s up, he's just mad good, its fun cuz i gotta think like crazy against him

shroomed - with him its always been a mutual respect thing, he usually talks **** to everyone, but me and him never really do that with each other, it just mad friendly, and that mother****er is mad good

SFAT - sfat is mad fun to play, mad good, funny, just a beast overall, gotta put him in here

phil - phil always mad consistent, so i have to play on point everytime, otherwise i literally get 3 stocked everytime, phil is the perfect person to play when it comes to getting better, he's definitely one of the people who helped me get better over time

LumpyCpu - i had to put this dude in here, playing kenny is prolly the funnest i have playing someone, just cuz were homies and such and he's one of the people i can play for a long time to, he either gets frustrated because im just get off on him hella bad or he actually takes time realizes what he's doing wrong and ill barely win or we start going even, thats when lumpy is thinking like dumb hard tho

opps i put 11

my bad

shoutouts to level 1 cpus to, for always making me feel like im the best player to ever exist LOL

unknown522

Some guy
I think that silentwolf and lovage would probably be in my top 10, but I've never gotten to finish a singles match with either of them.

It's kinda disappointing when you're interrupted playing with 2 of your 5 favorite fox players.

oh well. Eventually we'll get to play.

joeplicate

Smash Master
top players to play against:

1. lucky
dude's just pure ****, all around. i've never seen him be a ***** in friendlies, like ever, and his link did an arrow reset > up b combo on me. he plays soo fast and he's soooo good omgg

2. lovage
805 love all day. the amount of time we've grinded fox dittos together is ridiculous. whenever there's a tech situation, here's how it goes: i love waiting, and he loves attacking. i upsmash him: i run, wd back, and wait for him to roll into me. he rolls away. oscar upsmashes me: he runs, i miss the tech cause i suck, he's expecting me to roll away, so he runs into my getup attack. LOL this guy is a beast though

3. HMW
i loooooove going over to the dorms, hearing brandon talk about rap battles, me not saying anything, and playing all his secondaries and still losing to them. rivals dunk's house for the most i've learned playing smash. he's got experience in every ****in matchup, he's a super solid player, and he's incredibly humble and awesome. plus we always watch the boondocks or nick at nite. the best sleep i ever have is at 4am with the AC on and fresh prince playing in the background. plus darrell and phil always come over too, and i love them too

4. mango
mango's a ***** champ, no 2 ways about it. it's so cool to have a consummate example of someone who does everything right. he's always chill, will always talk **** (constructive criticism!) or give me advice i figure out 6 months later. there was a golden period where i'd go to dunk's and play mango and hang out with him all night then fall asleep watching music videos. now he plays sc2 like a F@G and not melee with me but i no he's still got heart <3

5. johnny
my bro. the only reason that he isn't higher up is because we play SOOO GAY against each other!! but i actually really love practicing against his falco, plus he keeps me super motivated and grindssssssssssssss all day and all night until we both wanna kill yourselves. immensely talented guy, once he gets you in his clutches (with any character!) he'll keep you there until you die

6. hugo
i actually like playing samus because it gives me a chance to be a LOT more technical than playing super-aggressive fox/falco/falcons all day. against oscar and johnny i barely have a chance to move, but it's great to bust out the single lasers and WD downs and be on the other side of the coin. (i'm usually getting ***** and rolling around and shining out of shield vs these guys)

7. silent spectre
the one guy you play in tournament pretty often who brings out your best but still beats you. insanely smart. it feels like i have to cut away a lot of extraneous moves from my game when i play him, plus he always makes me play really well for some reason, and he lets me go to FoD (the best level in the game). whenever i lose to him it feels like i learned a ton

8. sheridan
sheridan's such a freakin awesome guy, he's been like a mentor to me and brought me up from a fresh norcal noob in fall 08. also, i love rock climbing with this guy, and i love his SWEATPANTS

9. silent wolf
otto's the man. he always pulls me over to the side during big tournaments so we can get warmed up, and it makes me feel like a cool fox gu:lick:y. when he wants to win a friendly, he will start playing like a tornado, and move all around you at lightning speed and hit you 1000 times. ****

10. crimson shadow aka michael lantaca from salinas
nobody knows about this kid yet, but he is seriously good. sexy red falco, his pressure game is on point, his tech skill is miraculous, and he keeps smash notes. what's not to love!! plus, he's always super nice, always wants to play me and hear my advice, and stalks my facebook page like mad!! truman chan, you would be up on here too if you cared about smash more/ever went outside of the santa cruz thread! step ya game up kid!!

honorable mention:
alex19

you're the homie haha it's just because whenever we play it's mad serious cause we're like rivals!

Top Bottom