• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Inquiry Thread (Ask a question, get an answer)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Combo vids dont exits in a combo-less game. :p

VG- There are marths here that are better than mine. Flare_hawk and Negi. Negi is very good and his spacing is ugh but i still beat him with tink. I havent played with h@wk recently but when we played in september he beat my tink. At that time i sucked. H@wk is very good at shieldbreaker. I dont even know how to use shieldbreaker so my marth sucks. Ill find u a video of my marth so that u can see how much it sucks. >_> SUcks more than urs.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
if a marth is losing to toon link he is either 1) doing the match up wrong or 2) isn't as good as the toon link

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
I've had some pretty good success tech grabbing Falco b/c of his fall speed. Of course that really doesn't win the match or anything since you can't really pull that off more than once unless they're stupid.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I have no idea. hahahahaha.
Someone ask Chip.

I just got an infraction, I don't want to.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was going to ask the same question.

I'm unintentionally psychic, but slightly off.

Maybe Chip. will see this and be like "mod material right there :D"

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Liez Zamus is sexy enough to be the best combo character in brawl
:p

Yea wonder who closed it...
iron should be a mod cause he'd iron the wrinkles of bad spam away and keep good threads open.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
This may have been asked but I didn't see it but...

What are good ways to get back onto the ledge? I played a peach last week who tossed turnips enough to kill my projectile and spaced a floaty f-air if I air dodged or used the get-up attack. I took an extra thirty damage or so from this barrage before I figured it out, but it put me at a disadvantage I should've avoided. But here's what I tried:
Nair, Fair, and walljump->Bair don't have the range.
Bomb, Rang, and arrows were dodged or stopped by turnips
iBomb didn't reach
Air Dodge->Zair < Turnip->Fair (and when I caught a turnip she usually had another already)

The last worked a couple times if she messed up, and if I threw a Rang offstage and hit her with the return it got me back on, but mostly I had to resort to dropping down, jumping and landing onstage with a quickdraw, usually getting hit by a turnip but getting there anyway.

What other decent ways are there to get back to the stage?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
how do you momentum cancel with toon link? They say its your fastest aerial plus fast fall...what should i press?

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Hey it might be a stupid question but has anyone ever noticed that our grounded up b has a spike/meteor hitbox? its weak but i just tryed it on a lucas today a couple of times it either sent him down same kinda power as falcos side b or it put him under the ledge but either way i found it set up a stage spike with the bair quite nicely

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Viet- I remember when u guys didnt believe me and kept saying that uair was better for momentum cancelling. I diserve credit for being the first to bair momentum cancel ^_^. And yeah VG jump removes more momentum but if u think u are against mkz or a good edgeguarder its better to just fast fall and conserve ur second jump.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Everyone used to use Bair.
Then Chip started using Uair, and started living up to high percents, so we started using it.
Then Chip got the same/better results with Bair again so we use Bair.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I used bair from the start. Uair isnt smart because of how long it stays out. But it actually comes out faster than bair.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This one is for "TheJerm." What can you do against a Wario that dair divebombs after you as soon you drop from the ledge to pull a bomb? :X

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's ok, I got Santi with a nair the same way apparently, lol. I can personally never tech stage spikes. I can tech anything else that I hit though, lol.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
i never knew chip used uair I never watched his old vids.
I was like well hes not around so...
I like Santi better.
Still do NO offence Chip just I know Santi better.
And he plays like good against Dojo!
o.o
lol
Your still the bomb Chip.
:D

TheJerm

Smash Champion
It's ok, I got Santi with a nair the same way apparently, lol. I can personally never tech stage spikes. I can tech anything else that I hit though, lol.
Lol, I was semi lying. I would try to tech.. but fail horribly lol. But I did get a stage spike tech that day xD.

Anyways I never met him, but, I like chip, cause he plays toon link =]

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
If you do a laggy move on the ground (missed grab or something), and your opponent tried to punish you with a projectile, is it better to shield or not press anything? Basically, does the hero's shield come out as fast as putting your shield up would? I always press R as soon as I can in these situations, but if the hero's shield came out faster or at the same time it'd be a lot easier to punish the opponent

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
True.

Duck to block Ice Climber's Ice blocks. =P

Tiersr4Queers

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't agree moar. I actually trained my *** off last nite performing it. Its way to risky 4 our boy. Altho I can peform it better with link. :\ toon link I keep blowing myself up and rarely performing the boost tossing.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Look at it this way when Link boost tosses forward he can follow up why? because his bombs hitbox is smaller = he can get closer.
When we boost toss we get hit our bombs hitbox is bigger than Links and will hit us.
JCT Links jump is short and thus his JCT sux.
Toon Link jumps high its beautiful too.
And so we can JCT and our bombs hitbox will be gone while the opponet is in hitstun.

But ehh this is all my opinion hasn't been tested but what I gather from looking at the two techniques.

damezguy

Smash Apprentice
what is the best way to kill someone at high percents? i normally bair but find it hard to get into this postion, and when my usmash is blocked, im usually punished. also i try not to dair someone off stage at this point, not worth the risk.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Up-smash, uptilt (higher percentages), fsmash on HEAVIES. Fair, upair, dair spikes.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
what is the best way to kill someone at high percents? i normally bair but find it hard to get into this postion, and when my usmash is blocked, im usually punished. also i try not to dair someone off stage at this point, not worth the risk.
You just gotta be patient mate and be creative

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Is there ANY way to stop my Z button from airdodging and actually have it do Zairs?

It's quite annoying when I'm about to hit the ground, knowing a kill move is coming, to find that my Z button suddenly decides it doesn't feel like Zairing, and R + A isn't quick enough in this situation.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Nope its a glitch in the Shield+Attack command of the z button
If you hold it on ground you may shield. lol
So just press z and if you see a air dodge then press a
Thats what I do.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
my problem is, is that I want to throw out a Zair 'right' before I hit the ground, so this wouldn't warrant enough time for an airdodge -> Zair. would it?

Top Bottom