• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Inquiry Thread (Ask a question, get an answer)

Barge

All I want is a custom title

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
What does the black color exist?
White would be so much better.

Barge

I couldn't agree more, the black color sucks IMO. :O

Probably to target people who like dark colors to use TL?
Idk.

Barge

When I fight a dark toon link, it doesn't feel the same, it takes away his personality ]:

urdailywater

Smash Hero
BLUE All the way!
This was MY idea first!!!... ladies

and I have a question in it too..

What's the difference between a smash DI and Regular DI for Toon Link?

I know what DI means (Direction Influence, right?) but I don't really know how if I'm using it by what I think (holding the analog stick in the direction I want to go) or if it's different.

Barge

BLUE All the way!
This was MY idea first!!!... ladies

and I have a question in it too..

What's the difference between a smash DI and Regular DI for Toon Link?

I know what DI means (Direction Influence, right?) but I don't really know how if I'm using it by what I think (holding the analog stick in the direction I want to go) or if it's different.
Blue is my color ;P

Smash DI = Tapping the controller constantly to get out of a smash, like pikachus down smash/

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Brown sleeves mine. >_>

I'm not Viet. D=
I enjoy the read.
Lazy people are.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Interesting how the first page of this is going to be people talking about costumes.

I play blue. ^_^
and NES
and well all of them. Even Dark. For the lulz.
^_^

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link should have had his awesome Pajama costume from WW! But blue is my color.
Why are people afraid of my walls of text?
We fear your walls of text because they are full of truth and often prove us wrong....xD

Edit: Don't we already have a TL question thread?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Toon Link should have had his awesome Pajama costume from WW! But blue is my color.

We fear your walls of text because they are full of truth and often prove us wrong....xD

Edit: Don't we already have a TL question thread?
Yes, but Jestiah's thread was so old, vintage, and down right legit we had to do away with it for a newer one that appeals to the younger, more upbeat young crowd.

Or something like that. Apparently going to tourneys has made me talk like...

well that.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I might make one of those big fancy threads on the weekend. Depends how busy I am.
But be sure that it will include EVERYTHING we have so far. =)

Should I update the video thread with AT videos?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
These are the Toon Link boards.
We have no noobs.

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
Lol you said upair twice. And utilt can kill if its fresh (shouldn't be unless you just died), but its a kill move nonetheless.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Ok I asked you this before Barge, but I got answers from non TL mains. How do you edge guard Toon Link? Ive implemented stage spiking in my game and it's working pretty well, but what other things can I do? The boomerang stops my from Fairing with anyone and the up b comes out so fast.... HOW DO I EDGEGUARD HIM?

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Ok I asked you this before Barge, but I got answers from non TL mains. How do you edge guard Toon Link? Ive implemented stage spiking in my game and it's working pretty well, but what other things can I do? The boomerang stops my from Fairing with anyone and the up b comes out so fast.... HOW DO I EDGEGUARD HIM?
Depends on who you have... The boards for the character you use would answer that question better than us...
We know how to edgegaurd T.Link with T.Link, but unless we kno what character you want to kno how to edgegaurd with and someone here uses them or just knows.
Then sorry we cant answer it.

K 2

Smash Lord
I have a stupid question...Can you glidetoss TL's bombs? I think the answer is no...but I would like someone to confirm that.

Barge

I have a stupid question...Can you glidetoss TL's bombs? I think the answer is no...but I would like someone to confirm that.
Anyone can glide toss anything you can throw.

so yes, but he doesnt get much distance. Much better off dash tossing

Barge

It depends on the character
see, with diddy, he glides far when he glidetosses, toon links is barely noticeable. Rob's is insane and peachs is moderate

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Ok i've got a question... How the hell do you do a SHDA? I just cant do it, maybe my fingers arent fast enough? I mean, if i use both hands like one finger on the specials button and one on the jump button i can do it everytime but that just feels awkward >_>

To those of you who CAN do it, just how do you do it? Customized controller scheme or..?

Barge

Ok i've got a question... How the hell do you do a SHDA? I just cant do it, maybe my fingers arent fast enough? I mean, if i use both hands like one finger on the specials button and one on the jump button i can do it everytime but that just feels awkward >_>

To those of you who CAN do it, just how do you do it? Customized controller scheme or..?
Just keep practicing, shoot an arrow the moment you SH, and you should get the second one coming out fast.

10 minutes of practice will help you get it down.

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Just keep practicing, shoot an arrow the moment you SH, and you should get the second one coming out fast.

10 minutes of practice will help you get it down.
So i guess i just need faster fingers? Ive tried practicing it a few times already but i kinda gave up on it since it was a bit frustrating.. guess ill practice some more then :p

Barge

You can do it with any control scheme, I do it fine with the standard GC setup

Ginger_Warrior

Smash Apprentice

I had a little bit of difficulty at first, and I was punished badly for it. End up hopping and not firing any arrows. :laugh:

I eventually overcame that hurdle though, by watching this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcODP-_bhrI) over and over again until the timing was ingrained into my head. Went into the practice room, spent about half an hour, and eventually I managed to string three SHDAs in a row. Then I went into fits of joy, but that isn't necessary if you don't want to. ;)

After that, the timing for all TL's quickdraw techniques are near enough the same. With bomb pull -> QD you need to be a bit quicker. Sometimes you can be too quick, and you'll press B during TL's jump lag. If you think that's happening, try hitting B a bit later, and B again just as TL lands.

It'll come with practice. Also, I use the L trigger for jumping. It's a bit awkward with Y / X.

===============

I have a question. What's the difference between JC throw and Pivot throw 'coz I can't really see one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq5UKpxhA6M

Top Bottom