• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Inquiry Thread (Ask a question, get an answer)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
ill rate your toon link if you want cuz sasukebowser is all the way in california :\
i live all the way on the east coast and our 1 vs 1 games were playable.

is it bad to be spamming projectiles hard? like the guy i mainly play is a good olimar so i use alot of bombs and he moaned that i used 5 ina row but i racked up like 30% damage. i also use boomerang when possible, when falling or off stage and this is mainly to move someone and to rack up light amounts of percent. i only use arrow when fully charged when i know i will get the hit, not that often.
Spam them only as much as you need to. Dont base your whole game on projectiles but definately use them alot. Try to have a nice mix of projectiles and melee moves.

@ Lore, try rechargeble battery for wiimote
for gc controller i use normal but tap jump off

Bomber7

Smash Hero
... why did you close my thread chip? I mean I understand that this is THE inquiry thread but I'd figure recreating Santi's thread would take some stress off of you or anyone else. Besides, this is an inquiry thread, you could have random things being asked that dont really apply to game play. Thats basically the reason why I made it. I honestly dont see many people coming into this thread an asking for help that often in this thread. O well.... I tried.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
As a falco mainer...u CAN out camp tink if he doesnt full hop and stays in the air with bombs so abuse that. If the tink camps from above with bombs ur in big trouble. :S Also the chain grab is escapable by tink if he doesnt have 0 percent so if he has more than a certain percent where he can escape ( the percent is really low tho i cant remember how much) then dair him instead of regrabbing.

EDIT: Why am i helping a falco main. FOrget everything i said. :S And go to the falco boards. U mindgamed me into telling u stuff thats not good.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Falco is probably TL's worst match up.
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, bro.

Just laser him and don't let him pull stuff out. =P

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Jab Cancel is an AT. You won't get much info other than what it is and how to do it. Tap Down between your Jabs to reduce the frames/time that would link into the next jab. Then do another move or what not.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's sad that I didn't know that.
>_>

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Sasuke Falco isn't Toon Link's worst matchup.
He goes 45:55 Falco haveing the advantage.
MK is Toon Links worse match up. Him being able to capitilize on our weak spot to the extreme.
And we dont any true answers for his moves. But we have some.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
MK doesn't even count. Hes stupid.

We've had a lot of complaints about Falcos from a lot of good TLs, so I'm thinking Falco.
He doesn't give you time to do ****.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
MK doesn't even count. Hes stupid.

We've had a lot of complaints about Falcos from a lot of good TLs, so I'm thinking Falco.
He doesn't give you time to do ****.
I play against a pretty good Falco here and it has been my biggest annoyance to play against him.
You seriously can't do CRAP against a Falco.

Your projectiles are canceled out with his reflector, so you are forced to play a mid-range to melee game, which are Falco's advantages. The only trick card you have against a Falco is zair, which he can do right back to you with a reflector.

Maintaining a comfortable distance against a good Falco is impossible, as once you get used to something the Falco could easily switch it up. Not to mention the chance of you getting too close, making a mistake, and getting chain grabbed to your death/obscenely high percentages.

Bleh. I hate Falcos.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
In My opinion, falco is the worst =3...

But seriously, Olimar is pretty bad to fight since you have to chance SO much. MK can gimp us so easily its insane. And Marth shuts down alot of options. But yes, I REALLY hate falco.

Santi

Smash Lord
IF MK plays gay= matchup is super hard
If Falco plays gay= matchup is super hard

Anybody have special tips they use against Falco they don't mind sharing?
Awesome combo starters?
awesome edgeguards?
awesome anything?
:)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Always have a bomb out when your around 0%-40% lol stops the chaingrabbing

I like to go on yoshis island brawl stage so i have the option of the one hit ko dsmash gimp just to throw it in there as a mindgame ',; ) just act all nooby when you start out they will just walk right into it aslong as they dont know it or know that you know it or know that your not a noob lol

I think that falco's biggest weakness could be the players ego tbh but im only going by the one i know.

Question: Im torn between secondarys wat should i do? i wanna go for the sensible choice and use diddy,MK or marth but i find myself being drawn towards gannon, mario and luigi, i took my gannon to a local smashfest/ranbant w/e and did rlly well i managed to keep up with warios, falcos, robs and kind of MK i meen i didnt do amazing i only got 6th outta 23 for the unranked tourney(unranked as in a tourney for friendlies) and 9th outta 14 for the rankings but i pulled off some nice stuff against decent players some of which where mods but yea i feel that i would of gotten a higher ranking if i had a more sensible secondary. any thoughts?

Formerly Lore

Smash Rookie
Ive gotten past Falco's reflector, at least on the ground, if theyre a good distance away I can throw the bombs behind him and reflector only works infront of him. also aim for the head!

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
I cant get past falco's weird quick attack thing if they spam it T__T I cant fight if I cant land, same with Sonics Spindash....
Knowing the distance of his side b is key. You can easily dodge and punish a spammer.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I had to edit the post. I give up :S. Too many tinks here saying they hate falco :S. When instead of hating him they should be finding ways to counter him >_>.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
lol I can argue my opinion towards you TLMS Olimar and Marth are no where near worst match ups.
Marth seems like it should be 55:45 and Olimar is hard but not that hard just slightly difficult.

Play better Falcos man.
Just throwing bombs down wont work.
He can still move.
And Falcos lagg is pretty darn low when they abuse his SHDL and stuff.
And they CG aint that big a prob its his camping Toon Links zoning is average...not that great for facing Falco.
But idk if my mental disadvantage wasn't here I'd agree with you that Falco aint that hard.
But alotta Toon Links have trouble with that match up.
Mostly me its horrible cause my area is Flooded with Falco mains T-T...

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
My area is flooded with falco mains too so Ive come up with ways to beat them ;). It really isnt so hard. He can still move but im saying bomb from above not necessarily directly above him if they are spamming SHDL and reflector u should be able to overcome it. And there are like 3 falcos that are very good here, 2 that are somewhat good and 1 spammer that always does the same thing over and over again lol. Lol at what i posted here. Sorry irjon. <3 u.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Yea Jase I had to edit my post I was just too rude.

But as most say play whom ever you find the most fun out of them.
Its up to you.
No sort of advise can really help its all inside of you.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Idk.

Going against a pretty good Falco is probably my worst match up.
Marths and Olimars are really easy imo...we have lots of techniques that can counter most of their play strategies.

But Falco...it seems like a good Falco player will know how to counter every single one of TL's strengths. He can be played laglessly, he has a decent projectile, shield and spacer (reflector), rolls that will **** ours. The only disadvantage would be his recovery, but a good Falco player knows how to avoid even getting hit. The even bigger problem is approaching a Falco. You run towards him with a bomb in hand, and he'll just reflector you in the air back to where you started. You try camping, he lasers you to death.
Don't even think about grabbing a Falco b/c if you miss...eh.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I give up >_>. Look at mk ppl hes our worst matchup period. Then olimar unless u santinese (Which helps with the matchup a lot). Marth isnt so bad its actually quite esy but its considered one of our worst >_>. Falco is 55:45 falco and we have ways to counter his counters. U just have to think out of the box that is all I will say.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Lol iv found i play better against characters i hate when i acctually learn how to use them i think thats the only way to fully understand the match up

and thx iron duuuude ^^

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I give up >_>. Look at mk ppl hes our worst matchup period. Then olimar unless u santinese (Which helps with the matchup a lot). Marth isnt so bad its actually quite esy but its considered one of our worst >_>. Falco is 55:45 falco and we have ways to counter his counters. U just have to think out of the box that is all I will say.
Nah... marth does well vs toon link if he knows the match up. Compare their swords plz

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Nah... marth does well vs toon link if he knows the match up. Compare their swords plz
There swords? ok erm seeing as brawl has little logic or at least primative logic so a longer sword wins a long twig called the falcion beats the MASTER sword but yea come on am i the only person who finds this a little bit wrong ok hes got the "tip" but toons sword has a tip on it too, it aint just flat ffs

but yea marths sword beats toons in pretty much every way to answer your question

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Every time TLM says something about match-up X being easy I can't help but think that Puerto Rico only has a handful of good players and everyone else is average. <__<

But that's just me.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Lol I'd never quit Toon Link.

I would quit Marth though. Viet can't play him worth sh*t.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Two handfuls viet. No but really they arent sk92s or sethlon but theyre decent and know what falco should be doing. And what are u talking about viet? i thought u said u suck :p. No, but really, we have talent here.

And ur not the only one thats worthless and phails at marth viet :p.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I thought you were quite good i meen u got a combo named after u only santi is the other who has gotten his name on sumin that i know of or are u just over modist?

VietGeek

Smash Hero

And ur not the only one thats worthless and phails at marth viet :p.
<_<

Tell me where your Marth match-up experience is from plz. lol

Anyway, if you have two handfuls that's already more than Georgia, a fat southern state. That's cool.

The combo named after me is only gay and overpowered in Brawl+. It's not even that good in Brawl. It diminishes a kill move early on that's already weak to begin with [in comparison to other smashes of its kind].

Top Bottom