• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Inquiry Thread (Ask a question, get an answer)

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
You people need to learn how to DI.

Also, DI only happens on the last frame of hitstun.

You're talking about momentum canceling, aerial drift, and gaining momentum back.

If hit vertically I'd say use Bair. It's easier to FF with. Although it really doesn't matter. You can use any aerial and FF (even Dair, but thats a horrible option).

If hit horizontally, use bair. - It's faster so you get your ability to change your momentum back quicker.

Only FF if hit vertically.

@Jase

Moves don't get stale unless you HIT something with them.... so why the hell would you mix it up? Use Bair, its shorter.
Um that's why i asked what his quickest aerial is? Lol at you.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
@killa

I know, but people were giving you half-right answers, and wrong information.

@TLM

You answered his question, and knew what he meant. But so much misinformation... figured I'd post something about DI, aerial drift, momentum canceling, etc.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
What moves beat out MK's tornado?

What is TL's best stage(s)?
Grounded up b and bombs beat his tornado the bomb has to be at the bottom of the tornado tho

Depends on the match up and what you prefer

For example: i like final destination, norfair, smashvile, green greens, yoshi's brawl, lyat cruise, rainbow ride and jungle japes.

But sometimes you should never go for the ones you like Example i wouldnt go against a lucas on norfair or a mk on rainbow cruise or a dedede on green greens.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I find norfair and pirate ship to be great tink stages. The neutrals are good too. The bombs dont have to hit him from below bombs counter tornado always. Just claryfying that.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^^^ Look at my post. Pirate ship, norfair and corneria if its not banned. Avoid Luigis mansion at all costs. Corneria is banned here in PR :(.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Look man, i thank you for helping me out with part one of my question, but i need a legit answer for my second.
Lol it was a legit answer theres about 1000 different styles to toon link now if you'd of said what stage best suits his recovery or what stage best suits his spam, camp or air game then i could of given you a straight answer but all you asked was whats his best stages in which the answer was whatever you like.

And for the tornado the bombs stop it anywhere when it starts but because i go by what it says on the mk boards they go by half way through max tornado because the tornado increases in priority the more B is pressed.

And Corneria isnt a good idea because of the wall but thats just what i think no one ever seems to agree with me so i wont be suprised if all the above is apparently wrong.....

Santi

Smash Lord
Since this thread is about asking questions im gonna make a quick post that most of yall probably won't be interested in..

well ummm...
my youtube channel.
A little over a year young... just reached 300 subscribers :)
I know its not much but its the most I've ever had. lol. obviously.
its only like 100 less than my friends i have on myspace :p (im a loser)

anywayyssss
in celebration of my 300...
Im deciding to make a new video answering a few questions people may want to ask.
Get to know things about me or just stuff about my TL.
SHoot me a PM and ask away :) and tell me if you want to remain anonymous or whatever
:)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Since this thread is about asking questions im gonna make a quick post that most of yall probably won't be interested in..

well ummm...
my youtube channel.
A little over a year young... just reached 300 subscribers :)
I know its not much but its the most I've ever had. lol. obviously.
its only like 100 less than my friends i have on myspace :p (im a loser)

anywayyssss
in celebration of my 300...
Im deciding to make a new video answering a few questions people may want to ask.
Get to know things about me or just stuff about my TL.
SHoot me a PM and ask away :) and tell me if you want to remain anonymous or whatever
:)
Thats not a bad idea lol

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
So not meaning to offend, why isn't baby link placing higher? He has speed, good projectile game, I always thought he had decent kill power, am i wrong in this regard?

Whats holding the little guy back?

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
So not meaning to offend, why isn't baby link placing higher? He has speed, good projectile game, I always thought he had decent kill power, am i wrong in this regard?

Whats holding the little guy back?
When the last tier list was made toon's metagame wasnt very advanced but now we're one of the fastest evolved metagames so the next tier list should look alot different

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
alot of my recent trouble's stemming from the fact that I can't seem to get the kill.

Anybody have any tips? maybe some kill setups? this'd really help me out.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Upsmash after zair, upair to destroy airdodges. PS sliding instant usmash. Fair. If u still have trouble, just refresh nair with proyectiles and nair them XD.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
@PoS the best thing you can do to get the kill is be patient camp and wait for an opening and be sure that its not a trap

And do we have a footstool combo?

And does buffering our moves help at all (mainly thinking for projectiles) i learnt this for zamus and am just curious

Bshaw718

Smash Cadet
hmm have u tried arrow gimping into a ledgehog??? works good with characters the fast fall (e.x. fox,falco)

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
How do you useually go for the kill?
Recently, I've been getting too patient for the Usmash, and by that time they're in kill range with the Utilt D:

Which is why I asked because this isn't too effective.

I'll be picking up on the ones Sheikant just mentioned though

Barge

All I want is a custom title
How come this is one of the best boards?
And how come icy boards are so **** boring ;-;

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Just the community, and its activeness.
This board was so much fun D:
But I felt like I shouldnt be here when I started maining icies. Oh wells, I still have this thread >:O

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
How do most TL Pro's DI? I am only exposted to using FAir to DI. Now, I see that it is best to use your quickest Aerial to DI. Does that mean I use BAir? WHen launched up straight in the Air, is DAir a good idea to decrease the momentum? I'm really curious about this because a Ness's BThrow can kill me when I'm at about 120%, Meta Knights DSmash at about 120-130ish %, Marth's tippers at like 100%, and Snakes tilts, well, let's not talk about that...xD. Anyways, back to the general question. I shall restate it: how do TL Pro's DI?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
If sent horizontally, DI up, back air and double jump.
If sent vertically, DI to the side back air (dair doesnt remove any momentum) and fast fall as soon as u can.
If sent downward, press z twice to tether save.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
What happens if you Bair and then Dair when trying to momentum cancel?

I haven't checked.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Why does Toon Link wall jump when you hit back while hanging on the right side of the Wi-Fi waiting room but not the left? And do the other characters do anything similar?

Veggieburger_802

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7958-8584-9570
This post has been removed because the user was in high school when he wrote it and he wants to start using this website again without people being able to see the stupid stuff he said ten years ago.

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Why does Toon Link wall jump when you hit back while hanging on the right side of the Wi-Fi waiting room but not the left? And do the other characters do anything similar?
it also dies it on the right side of frigate orphan and somewhere else i cant remember (im thinkiing picto chat though).
he is the only one

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I KNOW, RIGHT??

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

A question:
Do Toon Link's double attacks (nair, dsmash, fsmash and getting-up attack) decay separately? that is, if I hit with the first nair swing, but miss with the second, will the entire nair decay, making my next nair hit (even if it's with the second swing) do less damage? Thanks guys ^^
No. =)

Top Bottom