• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKI: UK's First Brawl Tourney. May 24th. Sunderland. Confirmed.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I dont think halberd should be on the counterpick list. the cannon and beam make it unfair. no problem with onett or corneria though.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hey, just thought I'd give my views on the stages, I'd like to see Luigis mansion, Halberd, and Corneria added to the list.

but I'm pretty against greenhill zone, skyworld, and elektroplankton >_<

GAwes

Hidden Boss
**** halberd, corneria is fine, i dont mind luigis mansion at all, so therefore i vote for those two, i personally like elektroplankton, but dont care enough to argue for it since its generally frowned upon, but yeah, corneria and mansion. ownzone

Kone

Smash Master
i got norfair and halberd mixed up =x

luigi mansion on then. no halberd its ****e.

ill play wes on onett and corneria abit more and see whats what. may just chuck them on saying as this is the first tourney and we dont really need to be that tight.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
i got norfair and halberd mixed up =x

luigi mansion on then. no halberd its ****e.

ill play wes on onett and corneria abit more and see whats what. may just chuck them on saying as this is the first tourney and we dont really need to be that tight.
I think that providing the stages that are completely awful i.e. New pirk town :urg: are banned then we can't go far wrong. I agree with Ed in that we should try out stages in this tournament as it is the 1st brawl tourney.

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Just ordered US Brawl and Freeloader so ill be able to give you guys some online matches soon. Before I couldnt really because I was only playing Yenith's Brawl.

I can get some extra practise now.

Oh and for counter pick stages, I say yes to: Skyworld & Corneria
but no to: Halberd, Bridge of Eldin, green hill zone, delfino, pokemon 2

But I guess my characters have some bias on my views lol :p

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
someone has no life being on at this time, oops look at myself ;0 just stick to balanced stages, don't want some bad memories kone (oh i lost because of the low ceiling and got killed by jigglypuffs rest at 30%) soso

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
someone has no life being on at this time, oops look at myself ;0 just stick to balanced stages, don't want some bad memories kone (oh i lost because of the low ceiling and got killed by jigglypuffs rest at 30%) soso

yeah, getting killed at 30% by a rest, what kind of crazy game would that happen in?.... :laugh:

Kone

Smash Master
Im currently talking to my university in regarding using one of their seminars for this. Looking to be fine (this is just cos theres more people that i imagined, hence dont want to use house)

Can you please let me know if youre booked or book and let me know. Id like a list of attendees so that i can work out which size seminar room we need. Would also allow me to plan space issues for sleeping at my house.

Also let me know if you can bring a setup AND if your driving a tv?

Ed

COEY

Smash Lord
Halberd is fine no stage johns. I noticed no-one mentioned it being unfair when the stage itself moves (of course not, that would mean similar johns with delfino plaza and castle seige [which is so much ****ier than halberd its stupid]). But instead due to the fact that at ONE point it fires a laser, a huge energy ball, and sometimes that big claw comes into play. The first and definitely the second of these are more than avoidable. And tho you can use grabs and such to work your opponent into these thats no more unfair than utilising mute city on melee, etc... If you dont want it on then fine but take off castle seige. :laugh:

grayfox

Smash Champion
I agree with Tony, i think that such stages where the stage itself can only be used to an advantage when the player themselves force a mistake or an upper hand with it should be on. As he said, without your opponents influence all of this would be avoidable, easily, not to mention that it is character independant attacks, giving no real advantage to anyone - either of you can as equally be ****ed or not by it - the only factor to come into it being a problem is your opponent taking advantage; which is what the game is about.

I think similar levels in melee should have been on like peaches castle, but that just seems to be me.

Anyways this is the first tourney, i reckon as many plausable (ie not rediculous) stages should be on as possible. The more we ban now, the less will be available to us in the future.

Kone

Smash Master
luigi, corneria, halberd, norfair, pikmin and onett may all be added.

ryan and will u booked?

grimpeh as many as u want.

who else is booked? aiko, allan, bb, bb etc?

COEY

Smash Lord
Not booked yet Ed man sorting out some **** up with my student loan atm. Will be doing so soon :)

Ryan: Cheers for the Skins reference, made me smile ;)

Edds

Smash Ace
still need to book my train ticket and get a map for london and subway. ill do all that tommorow with a bit of luck.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
luigi, corneria, halberd, norfair, pikmin and onett may all be added.

ryan and will u booked?

grimpeh as many as u want.

who else is booked? aiko, allan, bb, bb etc?
Not booked Ed but will probably be sorting it out soon and I'm fairly sure I can bring a setup of US Brawl. I'm gonna talk to you on MSN and organise it so I can buy the tickets

Aiko is booked

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hey kone, when you get around to finalizing the rules, could you look into the infinite release grab from like Marth, this can basically eliminate all chances ness and lucas have. i don't want to see ness and lucas simply not get used because of this... This is one seriously broken technique. Of course you can leave this in, wobbling was allowed in many melee tournaments, and thats kind of the same thing?. perhaps its just something ness and lucas players will have to deal with.

Me and Skalor are booked aswell btw, and im able to bring a wii and brawl.

craiigg

Smash Lord
wobbling took skill and timing to be done, the lucas/ness grab trap doesn't take any. you can only break out if the other person says so :/

still i think it needs to be tested further before it's completely banned. if this loses you one game just change character.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming now, driving up there on the 23rd to get there in the evening / midnightish, also i'm bringing two enthusiastic smashers up with me :p. If there was a place for us just to sleep would be awesome, if not i don't mind sleeping in the car :p.
So thats, me and two other people to add to your list ^^, their names are Joon and George.
Will be good to meet you all ;) although we will probably get owned ;D

grayfox

Smash Champion
the infinite chain grabs are crazy in brawl, i opt for banning too, or atleast limiting it. Lack of meteor is mad too, bad times like lol, can get gimped real easy.

I'll be booking soon Ed, just sorting my finances out and preoccupied with exams this week

Kone

Smash Master
The infinite grab wont be banned. Not unless there is a wholesale banning of it on smashboards.

TO those that havent booked, book!

Kone

Smash Master
Ill be updating list of attendees and stage list tomorow. Basically expect alot more stages on than currently mentioned. Its the first tourney and all =)

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
I was about to ask if you were going to make a list, good man.
Just to remind you its going to be me (Grimpy/Stuart), Joon (Liam), Geo (George).
And i'll be bring a TV and Wii along in the car, will parking be fine btw?

Kone

Smash Master
grimp - parking is fine. tonnes of it and free

re - stages just expect alot on coutner than currently. As mentioned by deca it'll be a case of people not selecting alot of them.

re - lucas grab thing. ill not enforce a soft ban but anyone that reads this and does it a i ****ing hate you

lol

ed

Aiko

Smash Champion
Its not the only infinite. theres also the Dedede regrab on mario, samus, luigi, DK and someone else, I forget. Also theres the IC's infinite grabs and they are hideously broken. I don't think a ban is warranted until someone of undeserving skill wins tournaments with them.

Edds

Smash Ace
Uh, I hope that Snake video was a joke.
If a player gets trapped by that, then he deserves to lose the match!
well ive never actually used it on anyone apart from online once. i managed to get 3 knees in untill he broke away. other times ive only done it against a lvl9 cpu.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Hyrule is banned for obvious camping not just because of Fox, it's size and structure are terrible for high level play
Things don't get banned because they're "ridiculously effective", chaingrabs and combos are ridiculously effective but escapeable with good DI and thinking.

In 64, DK's cargo hold re-grab holds the same principle as the Ness/Lucas regrab in Brawl and it wasn't banned.
DK's re-grab was usable against anyone.

Also, the idea of a softban is stupid - why name something when it's common knowledge.
If it happens to you, you're going to moan about it and so will everyone watching.
The solution is simple, if someone does this in a match just change character.

Top Bottom