• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKI: UK's First Brawl Tourney. May 24th. Sunderland. Confirmed.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Actualy. Crap. It is a bad date =\ yu-gi-oh nats xD I qualified, and it's going to be huge and in london. It's the same bloody day >.> **** you, I want to go to both. Move it to the next weelend and I'll bring as many people as I possibly can + a setup. <3

Kone

Smash Master
Yenrith - You guys are welcome to arrive at anytime on friday and leave anytime on sunday. I will have walking directions up from sunderland train station/coach station soon. From both its very straight forward and doesnt take long. Shall give my mobile number to people on msn aswell if people need directions at the time =)

Caleb - I really cant do the following weekend as my contract is up on my house and ill be moving property that weekend. Need the house clean and everything boxed for said weekend. Yugiog pfft lol ;). Well ill be running TKI2 august/sept.

craiggg - got brawl yet =x?

Kone

Smash Master
lol awesome craigg, look forward to seeing you dude, too long!!

Skalor/Yenrith spoken to you both on msn and look forward to meeting you both in person =)

Caleb = no chance you guys will make it ? :/ . Whats amy's msn? like to see if she would be interested in coming herself.

For londoners - It costs you guys £8 return to get yoursevles here. Im tempted to buy three tickets myself and give them away just to get you guys travelling =x

Mr P

Smash Ace
Found my exam dates, they don't clash, so I should be there.
Paul (Uber) and Chris (DSaB) are also likely to be there, as well as a friend from Sunderland.
I'm also trying to convince a new Brawl player I met in the DoA4 scene.

Obviously, you know this as I've told you in Messenger, but I thought I'd post here anyway so you can count heads more easily.
omfg uber is going ? I might need to reconsider my stance about coming to this tournie :laugh:

Sonic23

Smash Cadet
Actualy. Crap. It is a bad date =\ yu-gi-oh nats xD I qualified, and it's going to be huge and in london. It's the same bloody day >.> **** you, I want to go to both. Move it to the next weelend and I'll bring as many people as I possibly can + a setup. <3
Ouch that's unlucky. I used to play Yu-gi-oh but i gave up recently because of the lack of variety in play and it was turning too expensive to play properly.

Kone I doubt I will be able to make it. I've got no coaches from where I live, trains are the same and both are too expensive, apart from that I'm at a WOW TCG Final around that time.

Kone

Smash Master
Euan man come for the laffs lol ^_^

Sonic : Bad crack man, Ill be hosting a TKI 2 at some point, though you will still have travel issues hope the timing is a lil better for you!

eMORAY21

Smash Journeyman
Yo Kone, I know I spoke to you on MSN about this but I thought I'd also give a quick post in here. The dates are in the middle of my exam period and so obviously I'll have to see if anything clashes. If they don't then I'll be there fo sho.

I can also bring a setup, chipped so can get whatever version of the game. Will also be bringing at least one other player if thats cool.

Kone

Smash Master
Good job edwin. Book today www.nationalexpress.com. Get rest of IWR and other london nubs.

Tis brawl time

emoray : Awesome. Well the tourneys on a sat. Hopefully you wont have exams around the actual dates taht you can make it. Remember housng offered fri and sat night. Bring other players thats cool.

Ed

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Heya Kone,

Cheers for your interest in the Irish topic. I'm afraid that work commitments will most likely keep me from your tournament though. Plus I've played almost no Brawl.

I'm curious though, since we just got a melee tourney scene going in Ireland, is it your believe that the release of Brawl will put an end to the competitive melee scene altogether?

Also, when the PAL Brawl is released, and if it contains as many alterations as the PAL Melee did, will you all change to that, or stick with the NTSC version?

Kone

Smash Master
Dave:

Incase your work arrangements permit it the tournament Im running is very much a introductory to brawl and I can guarantee alot of people there wil not have had much brawl practice. Im just wanting to get things started. Tis all fun.

Regarding melee and the competitive scene. This is just my opinion and there are alot of contradictory opnions floating about. Personally I think initially the release of brawl will hinder the melee scene. However, if brawl tourneys run alongside melee it may keep melee afloat or give new players access to that game aswell. Or potentially the melee scene may keep afloat on its own if the players are dedicated enough.

Not need to panic though, just get involved in brawl aswell :)

Ill try make a future irish tournament, though probably if its also got brawl included.

For the attention of anyone reading the above ive stated this is my opiniona nd I dont want a brawl v melee argument in this thread. For dave =)

ed

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
S'cool. I don't have any strong inclinations either way. I was just curious about your views since you were quite firm about there being no melee sideshow.

To me Brawl is new and fresh, with a lot of undiscovered content (I don't even know what the full character roster is).

Melee is old and familiar, like a pair of comfortable shoes. Shoes I've spent hundreds of hours wearing. That probably smell quite whiffy...

Kone

Smash Master
Mine have holes in them and they've started to hurt when i walk :(

Theres no melee sideshow as currently there is a dedicated UK community for melee and not brawl. I want to start the foundations for brawl. If I announced there was melee then the dedicated players would turn up and it would become a firmly melee vibe.

In the future I shall run both when I can cater for both.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ed: I'm booked for this now. arriving by train on friday around 1-2pm, leaving by coach on sunday at 3

starchaser

Smash Rookie
If it were not for the fact a train ticket to attend would cost me 76GBP I would have loved to participate. Maybe next time =\

Kone

Smash Master
Starchaser : I looked into travelling details for you. There are tickets called 'funfares' that you can book travelling by coach with www.nationalexpress.com . They only work between major cities in the UK AND london.

You could travel -> cardiff -> london AND london -> sunderland (book two separate tickets). Making sure the change between the two isnt that long is pretty straight forward as there are frequent cardiff-> london tickets .

Ive checked tickets. Cardiff -> London can be as cheap as £1 upto £5/£7.

London -> Sunderland coming up om the friday all tickets are £7. Return on the sunday is as cheap as £1.

Altogether man you could get to sunderland and back for as cheap as £8 return with two return tickets x_X. It takes aslong as the train and has less changes (1 in london as opposed 3/4 by train).

Tho going to london seems abit odd I know alot of smashers that go through london and buy two funfares to keep costs down.

Also mentioned this to you as I saw your smashwars thread and you seem to be pretty much into your brawl. In person tournies are the bees knees, get yourself here dude. You'll be the first everr welsh smasher at a smash event in the UK =)

-------

Edds: great to hear your interest. If you read the above you could go through london aswell from ipswich and keep costs really low.

Starchaser / edds : therell be londoners travelling on the friday and sunday aswell to sunderland. Ill get their details aswell if your wanting company as you could get same coaches.

Ed

Edds

Smash Ace
thanks for the info ive been looking for kone. ive never really played against real people apart from a mate of mine. and i do ok on wifi but thats different.

ive booked a week off. i should definitely be going if all goes well.

starchaser

Smash Rookie
Starchaser : I looked into travelling details for you. There are tickets called 'funfares' that you can book travelling by coach with www.nationalexpress.com . They only work between major cities in the UK AND london.

You could travel -> cardiff -> london AND london -> sunderland (book two separate tickets). Making sure the change between the two isnt that long is pretty straight forward as there are frequent cardiff-> london tickets .

Ive checked tickets. Cardiff -> London can be as cheap as £1 upto £5/£7.

London -> Sunderland coming up om the friday all tickets are £7. Return on the sunday is as cheap as £1.

Altogether man you could get to sunderland and back for as cheap as £8 return with two return tickets x_X. It takes aslong as the train and has less changes (1 in london as opposed 3/4 by train).

Tho going to london seems abit odd I know alot of smashers that go through london and buy two funfares to keep costs down.

Also mentioned this to you as I saw your smashwars thread and you seem to be pretty much into your brawl. In person tournies are the bees knees, get yourself here dude. You'll be the first everr welsh smasher at a smash event in the UK =)

-------

Edds: great to hear your interest. If you read the above you could go through london aswell from ipswich and keep costs really low.

Starchaser / edds : therell be londoners travelling on the friday and sunday aswell to sunderland. Ill get their details aswell if your wanting company as you could get same coaches.

Ed

Well, I will book tickets then =). I will probably need accomidation for the Friday though, anywhere cheap in the local area or is there still house space?

Thanks for looking into it for me, I will probably be in attendance then.

starchaser

Smash Rookie
star chaser is the best player i have faced on wifi but ofc i have defeated him in battle
Oh, well I am happy for you...I just wish I were present to have witnessed this supposed victory. Maybe I can at least spectate the next thrashing, as apparently I am not invited to play in the matches against you?

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Really want to come to this as i've never been to a smash tournament before, don't think it's going to happen though.
Would only cost me about £50, but then again i'm not quite sure about when i'll be working and things like that.

I really want to go to a Smash tournament, bring your house to me instead!
Why do you have to be North-East, not South-East!? :(

craiigg

Smash Lord
You can get to Ed's by coach for about £10 if you book now maybe less I havn't checked.
Where abouts are you from in the south east?

Also LOOL at edwin faking wins on brawl, when i played you yesterday you just taunted until we came to you rofl

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
£10 coach yes, but that's not including the cost to get to London, which costs £25 return.
I'm in Colchester, don't think coachs go from Colchester to Sunderland lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hey guys,me and Skalor will be booking are tickets as of tomorrow afternoon, but i would just like to check something first.

On the "European Index: Find your Tournament, Power Rankings and General Smash Discussion" thread, it states the tournament to be held on the 25th and not 24th=/.

Anyways, we will be arriving in the late afternoon from the coach station in Leeds on the friday(providing the date stated here is correct), so you saving us accommodation room would be fantastic:)looking forward to see you all in person, should be great time. On a side note, i will bring a wii+brawl.

craiigg

Smash Lord
edddddddddddddddd get on msn i need some brawl games =(
just found out i get paid just before this so unless i got exams im 90% coming with my setup

also all of sdb better be there, that includes dan >__>
and jamtaru when you read this you wanna get the coach up? O:

Top Bottom