• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKI: UK's First Brawl Tourney. May 24th. Sunderland. Confirmed.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Brilliant tourney Ed. I knew it would be :). The BBQ was awesome although it was bit cold outside.

Ed- I want to beat you next time with diddy, pretty good stuff though. Your experience definately showed

Wes- Was really impressed to see someone play so well with kirby and gannon. Your a fun guy to play and talk to. Also, wtf?? You actually ate that dirty hot dog :laugh:

Sam- To me it just seemed like you knew Ed for ages. Prob cos you get on so well. Impressive job in singles and doubles. Some of your matches were so intense.

Aion- cheers for teaming. Hope to see you at future tournaments :)

Charrrlllessss- good games at brawl and melee. your a *** :laugh:

Edds- you have quite a lot of chars at your disposal which is good. I think your lucario needs a bit of work compared to DDD and snake. You used Aura sphere well though.

George- great job getting out of pools. You play very well for someone thats inexperienced

Tails Chao- Stop looking like Jam. Doubles was close imo. Didn't get to play you much in singles but you did well in the tournament :).

Grimpeh- how do you say that exactly?? Grimp ee Grimp ehh? Anyway your falco looked pretty decent from what I could see. I look forward to playing you at future tournaments

Skalor- Stop being so good with ROB :laugh:. Your a sound guy imo. I tried my best in the brackets but it wasnt enough. Was starting to think I should have chose samus or yoshi cos of the projectiles :confused:.

Yeniths- Our bracket match was too good. Your know what to do with falco but perhapps lakcing experience that old melee players such as me have. You played well enough to win though so congrats and nice job on 7th.

Will- Don't pick marth he's boring as hell :lick:. Well done making a name for the NW (best region in the UK)

Aiko- Well done on winning. I'll still play you at brawl but I really hate losing all the time :(.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I'm proud to say that I have the same sig and number of fans as the Number 1 UK brawl player.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i'm well gutted about the timeout loss after putting my heart and effort into that match..I really don't understand why the timer went so fast. I'll post more later when I'm feeling a bit more hype

I'm #1 Bowser in the UK f yeah, and i beat aiko in a set with the awesomeness, unlucky aiko =D

IMO the timeout should be 8 mins:

The game is slower than melee
If you're two stocks ahead possibly camping can make a timeout win? (which can be considering as **** as wobbling)
It was ****ing shiek vs snake, i can't camp in that matchup so timeout = lol. It would make more sense in pit vs pit

I'm not saying i should've won, nor the extra min or two would've made the difference, working to get him to last stock from 2 stocks behind (nearly an amsah comeback) then getting him to 80% in one combo..then the timeout is a bit bull****. If you was in my situation you'd feel ****ing awful and losing by a death is more satsifying than that

+ are vids gonna be upped? i really wanna see if that match was recorded =/

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Was really good guys! You were all really nice people and I had fun inside and outside of brawl! Oh and Saturday night was hilarious.

I honestly don't think i've sweat so much in my life! So many hot flushes (lmao). Tournament was awesome in everyway.

I'm just gonna mention who I saw a lot of. Thanks to Ant and Ben for trying to make me feel welcome and get to know me, along with providing great advice. Thanks to Ed for organising such an awesome tournament and being a great guy. Wes thanks for the BBQ, I didn't realise ASDA Smart Price burgers could taste so good. Thanks charles for the laughs and making sure a few of us got no sleep before the tournament :laugh:. Edds loved receiving multiple falcon knees. Tails (forgot name?) was cool but didn't speak to him much. Oh! Grimp and George loved you guys except I only saw you for like 34mins and 26Seconds in total (lol). The rest of the guys were awsome but barely saw/heard much from them, which is understandable.

I think my problem with assessing my Brawl future is that I think way too far ahead! I need to just take a step at a time.

Thanks everyone for the awesome time. :)

ROB and his Beyblade forever!!!

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Ed - Big thanks mate, awesome weekend and made me feel right at home, even made me part of SDB, top host and a top fella.

SDB - Those of ya's I ain't met, I look forward 2 it, those of ya I have, cheers for making me feel part of the family

Ant - Stole the show mate, you were fkin awesome, only person I couldn't beat! Well done on gettin that top spot, it was amazin to watch ya play, and ta for helpin out with the cost of the BBQ!

Wes (AKA Edge from WWE) - BBQ King, made the weekend. Awesome from start to finish, proper good laugh. Look forward to the road trip!

Will (AKA Tony from Skins) - Top lad, awesome games in the losers final with ya loved every minute mate. Well deserved 2nd you played awesome. Lookin forward to seein ya soon.

Adam - We were both nervous as hell at first, but once we both chilled out a bit we ran the show putting out wes and charles. Our games were the best vids in the tourney cant wait to watch em! See ya soon.

Jordan + Alain - Quality banter from these two, good laugh and great to be around, can't wait to see Jordans pre-tourney interviews with all the players!

Big thanks to everyone I haven't mentioned, can't wait to see vids + photos. Thanks for all the compliments, I guess I ***** a little bit to finish 3rd :p

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
(This is Aion btw)

Amazing tourney, I'll make shoutouts quick.

Ed- Great tourney, cheers for the housing and everything really. I'll definitely try to make it down again, in fact I can't wait.

Wes- Great Kirby, didn't get to play or talk to you much but yeah I'm a pretty quiet guy D= Good stuff with the BBQ though!

Aiko- Great stuff man, only got to play with you against my Lucario and not Wolf, but oh well there's always next time. Congrats on beasting to 1st place, and yeah, I'm definitely looking to get more involved in the smash scene!

Tails Chao- Great stuff with casuals, glad I got some games against you. Awesome G&W and Falco, and awesome guy overall.

Nexus Angel- Again, you and TC were well cool. Really nice hanging with you guys. I think I've played you the most out of anyone, awesome Toon Link. We were having some cool matches, I didn't bother keeping record, but I'm sure you ***** me.

Bullet Bill- Really greatful you decided to team with (and put up with) me. Sorry for letting our team down, if it wasn't for my ******** suicides we could've gone quite far. You're a really great and friendly guy too, see you next time!

Koop- "Have they gone to the coach?" is the only sentence I think I uttered to you. Still looking forward to meeting you again and seeing that Dedede beastage. Congrats on your placing, you earned it!

Edds- Great friendly guy. Good stuff teaming up with me against Uber and Ego, we were a pretty beastly team =D Hope to see you next time man.

Uber- For the great Wolf mirror matches! They were pretty epic, and we play surprisingly similar. Good to meet you and hope to see you around again.

Charles- Hey, we went together, you're coming to mine tomorrow, we don't need to give shoutouts to each other!

Yenith- Good matches against your Falco, I think you were one of the better players there. Hope you're there next time.

Skalr- We played few casuals and hardly spoke but hey good stuff anyway! Good guy and hope to see you again.

To anyone I missed I'm sorry. Though I do want to give shoutouts to the Zelda and I think Bowser(?) player I played during pools (I was that dirty wolf with the worst recovery skills ever), you guys were great!

Awesome tourney overall, can't wait fr the next one. Hopefully more people come but this was a great turnout nevertheless.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i'm well gutted about the timeout loss after putting my heart and effort into that match..I really don't understand why the timer went so fast. I'll post more later when I'm feeling a bit more hype

I'm #1 Bowser in the UK f yeah, and i beat aiko in a set with the awesomeness, unlucky aiko =D

IMO the timeout should be 8 mins:

The game is slower than melee
If you're two stocks ahead possibly camping can make a timeout win? (which can be considering as **** as wobbling)........
JOHN TO THE BREAK OF DAWN
You didn't win a tourn and your moaning about the rules, MAN UP LOOOOOL.
And LOOOOL and getting extremely emotionally involved in the game when you lose.

CONGRATS AIKO, I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i'm just saying the time limit isn't enough, If you watched the awesome amsah vs ek match where has the 4 stock comeback..say if he got him to 1 stock and lost by time you'd be pretty wtfed there.. Basically the timer is longer in melee for a reason, and it should be in brawl too

(more reasons in my post on the other page >_>)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
**** you professor pro =), there's no johns there at all. you can at least man up and attend something
**** you Fuzzyness =), I saw plenty johns. Sorry I would never travel to Sunderland to play brawl lool. You can at least man up and be with the opposite instead of the same. =)

Charles is saying that he's gutted at losing to time how is that a john?
He is implying that he would have won if the rules were in his favor. loool at you getting involved as usual. Love you bentondestruction

Aiko

Smash Champion
koops been in the scene for 3 days and already knows more **** than the rest of you. i <3 you koops

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Time out lads, now is the time for Shout-outs and remembering the good times.
True, true. Its just Charles coming round here causing his trouble as usual... never mind him.

Anyway can someome tell me the tournout for this tourn? Im just curious how much people turned up and were the majority of the people there new people to the community?

I'm doing mine tommorow, im obviously in a ****ty mood atm :/
eeeeeee.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
koops been in the scene for 3 days and already knows more **** than the rest of you. i <3 you koops
I <3 you 2 Ant :D

P.Pro, we had a turnout of about 26 people, which is pretty good considerin it's not even released yet, and I'd say about half were new faces including myself from all corners of the UK. I think alot of the old skoolers couldn't make it, so there'll be plenty of meeting and greeting at the next tourney too. EVERYONE at the tourney entered doubles even if they didn't know the person they were teaming with and got themselves involved whenever possible, which made the tournament awesome from the word go.

Edds

Smash Ace
yeah our DDD team worked alright. i thought i would of been a big let down as i dont use DDD that much other than online.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Just want to say this tourney was gfg. Great people, much needed bbq, lol Eurovision etc.

I'm fairly happy with my placing and I'm planning to go to as many as possible. x)

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Just want to say this tourney was gfg. Great people, much needed bbq, lol Eurovision etc.

I'm fairly happy with my placing and I'm planning to go to as many as possible. x)
Too right!

Tbh I think more Eurovision was needed, I thought it was hilarious. But admitedly it did need to be followed by a triple Gannon Forward B.

NEW SIG BTW@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Hey guys its me PDOT

Why is the brawl timer SHORTER than the melee one?

Like...ain't brawl a campfestation? Shouldn't it be longer. Fuzz is right.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Ed- Nice one for hosting the tourny and having us over your house. Like me and George said the tournament although being relatively small was an awesome first impression of the scene. Keep up the DK **** ;)

George/Matty - Throughly enjoyed meeting you both in person, good one taking us out of the doubles and George taking me out of the singles xD (awesome falco dittos).

Bullet Bill - Was good playing you in the doubles, pretty close games if i remember correctly.

Aiko - You were one of the main people i wanted to see playing in person, from what i was watching you definately deserved 1st place, well done mate.

Koop - Gangsta, 3rd place. New to the tournament scene also? xD

Pme - Although you don't check these boards (as you said) had some great friendlies with you, you play an awesome Sonic.

Coey - Cheers for the J xD. Nice one with your Marth too, had some good games but you were the clear winner.

Fuzzyness - I blame you for me being so tired on Saturday ;P

To anyone else it was simply great meeting you and playing with you all, like has been said there was a great bunch of people and i'm looking forward to future tournament ^^

VA

Smash Hero
where are you will lol.

and robby thats a load of ********, i have no doubt he more then deserved 1st place. him, jam and will are the best players i know for a fact >_0

and whose this koop lad, he up to SDB scratch??

^_^
what a crock.

if koop can turn up and take third, there's nothing to say there isn't someone out there who can beat jam/will. from what I remember, jet was fairly close to aiko at ALT and he's a scrub at melee. It's not a game where someone can dominate like Charles does with melee. I beat will at ALT 2-0, it wasn't particularly strenuous either, unlike Kyubis Pikachu which almost beat me.

I think Aiko is one of the best, but lol, I'll come to one of these things in december or something at which point you'll all see.

craiigg

Smash Lord
what a crock.

if koop can turn up and take third, there's nothing to say there isn't someone out there who can beat jam/will. from what I remember, jet was fairly close to aiko at ALT and he's a scrub at melee. It's not a game where someone can dominate like Charles does with melee. I beat will at ALT 2-0, it wasn't particularly strenuous either, unlike Kyubis Pikachu which almost beat me.

I think Aiko is one of the best, but lol, I'll come to one of these things in december or something at which point you'll all see.
lol? you're not as good at brawl as you think you are but okey dokey meng we'll see when you come in a **** posish

also Ed get on msn when you wake up

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
I had to beat will in pools to qualify, and lost 3:2, last stock to Will in the losers final. He played fkin awesome and definately deserved 2nd, but it just shows all of the top 5 are/will be contenders for the top spot, like wes mentioned it was VERY close at the top end. Aiko was just a beast to be honest, he played so sick.

Oh, and I intend to keep third :p

Requesting brawl crew MM. ;)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
"Aiko's all stars" would win in a crew match tbh haha;)

I need to rematch your D3 sometime as well dude:p, are bracket match was to good

Aiko

Smash Champion
wouldn't surprise me if you did beat koop in pools, he did awful in them. but then he just went god mode on everyone.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Yen defo mate. And yeah grimp ya did, my first tourney I was so nervous in the pools I was a complete mess, but yeah, Aiko explained what happened after that pretty well :p

Top Bottom