• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKI: UK's First Brawl Tourney. May 24th. Sunderland. Confirmed.

COEY

Smash Lord
Shout outs!

Ed- Awesome tourney honestly dude possibly the best I've been too, though it's close to call as i loved Edster. BBQ was probably your stroke of genius for the month.

Wesley- Cheers for teaming dude, we kicked some *** shame Ant and Charles are ***s :p

Sam- Holy **** man you got good fast your spacing game is amazing. Nice meeting you, definitely SDB material :)

Adam- Nice one your snake is sick dude, good job against Charles.

Jordan- Nice to meet you man hope to see you at future tourneys.

Alain- Gg's in pools man maybe playing wario and gaw wasnt smart by me but no johns.

Grimp- No probs man will let you know about those guys in South End i mentioned. Hopefully you will be able to get some practice in with them. Also nice falco our games in pools were fun.

Ant: ******* lol will get you next time, hope we both go Ireland. :)

Duff- I will ban corneria if i play you again :p ****ing pika...

Yenith and Skalor- You guys kicked some *** keep showing up guys 3rd in teams was an awesome achievement.

Ben- lol at a bye in losers bracket, 9th place..you deserve it!! lol

Everyone else nice seeing you if i missed you out let me know. :)

Edit: Sorry congratz to ryan on winning online from home :D Better luck next time ant

COEY

Smash Lord
Yea dude maybe but it's still abit unfair really, i mean it's no reason to be harsh to me and Ant especially as we both helped you at ALT after what happened during your set against P pro.

Also i noticed i forgot a shout out to Charles, so..

Charles- Good games in brackets, i know you think Marth has very little in brawl but i still think he beats sheik and playing your falco too was a bad decision if you hadnt played him at all recently. And to be fair to Adam he won the first game fair and square, and also everyone knew the rules before paying to enter.

Edit- Ed man are you gonna make a results thread in the tournament section?

COEY

Smash Lord
If your on about brawl online then i kinda steal my mates wireless connection and he doesn't have it on all the time. Will add you tho just in case I'm ever on.

If your on about msn i play wow lol.... *hides*

Gladam

Smash Cadet
Do we need a separate results thread? wasnt an awfully large tourney lol.

FULL RESULTS
--------------

Doubles -

24/05/2008
16-man bracket

1 Charles and Ant
2 Will and Wes
3 Yen and Skalor
4 George and Grimp
5 Edds and Sam
5 Adam and Ed
7 Ben and Aion
7 Duff and Deca
9 Alex and Sieg
9 Jordan and Alain
9 Ant and Paul
9 Ego and Uber

Singles -

24/05/2008
16-man bracket

1 Aiko
2 Coey
3 Koop
4 GLadam
5 GAwes
5 Fuzz
7 Skalor
7 Yeniths
9 Kone
9 Sieg
9 Tails Chao
9 Bullet Bill
13 Grimp
13 George
13 Kev

VA

Smash Hero
Yea dude maybe but it's still abit unfair really, i mean it's no reason to be harsh to me and Ant especially as we both helped you at ALT after what happened during your set against P pro.
I wasn't harsh, I was expressing an opinion. Please try not to get so defensive, yes I appreciated your help a lot at ALT and yes I think Ant is one of the best at brawl. However, I'm not really being harsh...just saying what I think :S

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Aiko is not the best brawler in the UK...you guys just suck against wario, his cheap *** recovery is reminiscent of samus from melee.

Smart counter picks and intelligent play is more than enough to take Aiko out. I would've had this if I was there. oh and FYI Uffie didn't even turn up to her own gig. crack addicted flaker ***** that she is.
lol, i probably would have beaten you.

DarkBlue

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a good time. Wish I could've made it =/

Ah well, next time for sure.

First post in the regional boards btw- North London smasher new to the scene. Hai there.

Edds

Smash Ace
Ed (kone) - awesome job hosting the tourney and you defently know what you were doing. loved every part of it. cheers for making this possible.

Bullet bill - really friendly guy, loved your doctor mario in melee. diddy and yoshi were a challenege

Yeniths - i knew you would be higher up in the tournement than me, grats for getting 7th on your 1st tourney.

Skalor - really nice guy, i was really impressed you got far in the tourney as you only own brawl for a few weeks.

Koop - double DDD team rules, shame we couldnt get the chain spit thing to work. and sorry for so many team kills. i havnt played hardly any team matches.

GAwes - cheers for looking after us with your pro BBQ cooking skills. Loved your playstyle in melee and brawl. loved the hat.

Aiko - grats for winning the tourney. shame we didnt get our 1on1. maybe next time.

Grimpeh - i wanted to 1on1 with you but i tottaly forgot when i was at kone's appartment. nice team match we had at the tourney tho. you sure gave me hell.

Fuzz - you gave me the best fight in entire time at tki. getting 4stocked by falcon in melee is just pure awesome. even though you were teabagging you still kicked my ***.

sorry if i missed anyone, i didnt get to remember all of your names. cant wait till next time. you were all awesome to hang around with.

Dragonpme

Smash Rookie
Exelent Tourny.. thanks all for the matches i played... mucho exp points earned ^_^

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Fuzz - you gave me the best fight in entire time at tki. getting 4stocked by falcon in melee is just pure awesome. even though you were teabagging you still kicked my ***.
lol, you mean sandbagging?

duffath

Smash Rookie
Just registered to thank Kone for holding the Tournament. I did as well as I expected (that is to say not well at all), but I was blown away by the quality of the play there, and everyone seemed like a sound bunch to hang out with, even though I didn't speak to several of you. I can only apologise and try and be more forward next time round.

While my main weakness is my own ham-handedness when it comes to quick attack recoveries it has shown me I desperately need to log some play against other characters and players.

To that end I have thrown brawl and MSN details into my profile here in the hope that I'll be able to start playing against a wider range of characters. I hope you'll humour my somewhat lacking skills and give me the opportunity to learn how to put up more of a fight at the next tourney. :)

Please feel free to send friend requests and brawl codes to my MSN if you fancy a few games here and there. It'd be nice to get an MSN request and be find it's not some barely legal 18 year old trying to get me to check out her webcam for a change.

Hope to see you guys around sometime.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Edds man our TK's were needed for the greater good!! Was also my first team ever, so 5th place ain't bad for the D3 Duo!

Plus those forward smashes everywhere paired with the double chain-throw was just jokes :p

Edit: hahaha @ teabagging!

GAwes

Hidden Boss
shoutouts, pictures in next post =D

So, let me first say that this tournament was ****ing awesome, that im incredibly glad it was my first brawl tourney, the first UK brawl tourney, and a chance to meet a ****load of new players.

For a lot of you, you cant really comprehend what im talking about, and that is truly a good thing. The melee community in GB was gettin retardedly stagnant. the top 4 were predictable, very very few upsets, and even the positions under that could be predicted to a certain degree, the experience needed and the huge gap between most new and old players was becoming so prominent that there was almost no point in having the tournament itself, as at least 70 percent of match outcomes could be predicted. But you guys, holy ****, you've turned the tables upside ****ing down, show everyone that brawl IS a new game entirely, and that the days of stagnation are over ENTIRELY!

So before i go to individual shoutouts, let me just say that i completely love the new brawl community, the fact that

*everyone entered teams

*everyone was happy to be there

*no one *****ed

*everyone chatted

*everyone wasnt completely obsessed with playing smash 24/7

*almost no one johned

is amazing

loool im so proud of all you doods

pllllleaaase dont stop now, i hope your first tournament introduction was a good one, i know it was a long way to travel for most of you, so start hosting tournies in your areas, get more people to play around you, push ahead guys, get the UK on top of european smash before people on the continent know what the hell has just happened.

with that said

- concerning the tournament results themselves, aiko was ****ing on fire that day, one match lost in bracket i think? lol. regardless of what happened after the tournament, because that doesnt matter at all to the tournament itself, ant destroyed everyone, straight up, beasted, but after 1st place, the next 6 or so places were so close it wasnt funny, any of those sets could have gone either way, results could have been changed with ease in those placings, which is a really good thing, it came down to such precision it was insane, and people still didnt john about it.

If i dont mention you, dont take offense, i enjoyed the presence of nearly everyone at this tournament, its just a load of new people to remember and i've got exams this week + going on a trip to europe this thursday for a month and a half (no smash for that long wut D= ) lol

ALSO - everyone that either is just a troll on smashboards, never comes in to the regional forums, or is sharing accounts, just take 5 mins to make an account and 1 min every few weeks to drop a post in, it helps keep the region organized and helps keep a count of players ^_^

Ed - "guys do you have any clue what adam is talking about?"

Aiko - You owned everyone ant haha, thanks so much for helping us set up everything, for the good crack, the friendlies, the belt challenge, playing wario, and being an awesome first place finisher to all the new kids. Good luck if ya go to ireland

COEY - haha good **** in teams will, 2nd not bad all, we had some close calls though, i think its mostly because brawl is so ****ing new that most people just have no clue what characters work well together / what characters work well against other characters, oh well, we pulled through anyway, sick **** in singles man, get some more kids to play down your way, including that noob joe. Good times hangin out with you this weekend through all the bbqs and beers and such haha. see you soon man

Koop - Yo dood amazing **** coming from having no competitive history to placing 3rd in a very tough tournament. you deserve it. Good **** hangin out with you over the weekend. glad you came up early and helping out so much over the weekend. Awesome enthusiasm with brawl man, its the right attitude, crank that mario

GLadam - way to tear **** up man, i told you you'd do well. hope you get a major scene sorted out your way. BEST IN SCOTLAND. good hangin out with you over the weekend as always, hope all you guys can make it down for some SDB + friends campout in july. See you soon man

Jordan & Alain - no clue if you guys check smashboards at all but if you do it was awesome meeting both of you as well, hope you come down if adam does, glad you could all learn so much about each other, and sorry the baltic art gallery was one of the most awkward things ever haha. see you guys soon

Charles - Good games in melee and brawl man, amazing **** in teams, that rob spacing is pretty ridiculous, thanks so much for coming up and repping london, melee games were awesome, havent had actual fun playing that game since my last matches with zeppo lol ^_^

Skalor - Man, you have the best rob ive seen in real life to date lol, reaction spacing with projectiles was rediculous, as soon as you get an insane throw to combo game you'll be pretty much unstoppable, our matches had me flipping my ****, grats on everything man, good luck to ya in the future matty

Yenith - Good **** to you as well man, awesome falco, good chattin with you some over the weekend, shame i wont be around in the Uk to see how the community turns out with everyone, but you def. have loads of skill keep it up.

Grimp - Awesome falco and ness as well man, thanks for making the journey up, hope you get a community set up around you as well, the UK needs ****loads of players haha, i mean, you guys have the population density to be amazing.

Tails chao - Good matches in the bracket man, your falcos pretty good, as soon as you learn character specific followups you'll be awesome, keep it up

Bullet Bill - Good seeing you this weekend Ben, glad you're one of the few melee players thats giving brawl a chance and smart enough to realize that playing brawl doesnt have to mean quiting melee haha, hopefully you'll show people that a player can be beast in both. good chattin with you this weekend, see ya soon.

Edds - Sick **** with falcon in our dittos, just have to learn to use the raptor booster spike more =D its amazing, awesome stuff in teams with sam, was incredible to watch lol, pissed soooo many people off, thanks so much for coming up

Kev- Had no clue you lived in the area man (if im not mistaken lol?), awesome stuff with zelda, quite surprised me, hope you get a chance to play ed a lot more and get beast.

Siege - Close matches, shame you went to halberd, i ****ing hate that stage. Awesome that you came up and did so well, only advice i could give is keep your eyes on the screen =P

*Well thats pretty much it, for those that i'll likely never see again, GG and GL to the whole community in the UK

GO TO IRELAND IN JULY FOR TOURNEY, YOU KNOW THE FLIGHTS ARE REALLY CHEAP AND THAT GOING TO IRELAND WOULD BE COOL

-GAwes

GAwes

Hidden Boss
STUPENDOUS PICTARS POST

BBQ

AWESOME

KILL THAT ****

BEST IN THE UK BETCHES

BACKYARD

SNEEZE

ADAM AND JORDAN (AKA SEAN CONNERY BROS.)

ALAIN AKA SEAN CRANKERY

PAENK

HUGE BREAKFAST

MORE BREAKFAST

MY SDB FRIDGE

WUT

AND FINALLY

lul

-GAwes

^anyone got more pics?

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Aiko, could you sent a PM please? Would like to send you one myself, but your PM-box is full. :| Congrats on winning the tournament, by the way.

DarkBlue

Smash Cadet
Stop bein modest Wes, fixed ur post for ya.

Hey Dark, yeah try and make it to the next one! You an Arsenal fan by any chance? ;)
Ha.. White hart lane, mate.
Carling Cup '07/08, Yeaaaah <3

Added your MSN again Jarri. It's E/P Sniper from MPH if you remember me.

Gladam

Smash Cadet
alreet guys.

got to say, best smash tournament ive been to. and even though nobodys heard of me ive actually been to many a tourney, ive jus done absoloute nout before >.< im an origanal member of S.D.B O_o

Ed - well done, lovin the DK, sorry i camp when i get scared of you. i'll put that setup on youtube over the net week. "awww dude, this is wierd seeing adam doin stuff in a smash tourney" ^_^ im glad youre happy for me . well chuffed i got top 5! hehe, we ruled in doubles.... ehhhh >.>

Wes - is that marshmallow gone yet? man, i'll make sure im down for the camping, gotta say bye before you head across the pond. im soooo scared of your gannon. TOTAL gutted i didnt win the belt off you. thought i would have it, i know you are too awesome, jus thought it was my day. you'll be huge loss to uk smash and especially S.D.B ;_;

Alain (crank) - cheers for the lift, itll be wierd not sleeping with you O_O get the pika sorted and i'll be scared of you.

Jordan (Korg) - you are my brother.

Sam (koop) - awesome new member of S.D.B, our matches where sooooooo close it was crazy, we are the perfect match up man. hope i see you soon, we need more guys like you in smash. i'll be gettin a grudge match next time, but there is no grudge ^_^

Will - we gotta play next time man! cheers for the compliments. "i dont want to do this anymore"

Aiko - glad it was you who put me into loosers. your warios awesome. hope we get to play more next time, but they where awesome matches, hope you thought the same. thanks for the compliments, next time come hang out with S.D.B ^_^

Deca - gutted you didnt recognise me from smash glasgow >.< hehe, but its awesome that you are back! (i love how blunt you are)

Fuzz - thanks for giving me the best moment of my smash life. everyone seems to forget that i beat your Rob the first round, but whatever. the time out will be rememberd for ever. bad luck man, maybe next time. (but nah, i'll win again) (kiddin) (or am I?) (nobody knows) nah.

S.D.B - where where you guys? Dan? Jam? Scott? i jus love the new S.D.B

any falco player - tough luck, gotta hate the chain grab.

best ive forgotten sombody but whatever.

thanks for the fun, see you all soon, if you want my e-mail PM me. be at somepoint ed did that annoying face, but i didnt see it so i dont care ^_^

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Ed- Awesome tourney honestly dude possibly the best I've been too, though it's close to call as i loved Edster. BBQ was probably your stroke of genius for the month.
There was a barbeque?

Nobody told me there'd be a barbeque.

Kone man, if you can guarantee me a barbeque at your next bash, I can guarantee you I will fly there just to eat all your food..... and possibly play Brawl.

Incidentally, I will kicking around Woking in Surrey on the evening of the 4th of June with nothing to do, if anyone lives thereabouts and wants to play any of the Super Smashes, I'm game.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
gay guys in the picture still. Thats all i really saw, also made me think that Charles was missing in the picture.

COCKY FOR EVER BABY. MAN UP BBILL

Top Bottom