• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKI: UK's First Brawl Tourney. May 24th. Sunderland. Confirmed.

Edds

Smash Ace
Edds, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
its taking a long time. and ive actived it from the email last night.

i only see 1 subforum for smash bros. proberly why smashboards has alot more people. plus smashboards got linked from a brawl strategy guide.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
But really, regardless of whether its Brawl or Melee, there's little motivation for anyone to move to Neoempire. All the information is here and everyones already signed up and established here. Tournaments are organised from here, its a more famous site so newcomers are more likely to find you here.
lol thats pretty much the way I felt, right now I'm not liking Neo Empire, I do post occasionally on there, but theres nothing interesting going on. Everyone seems to prefer SWF and I don't blame them.

The UK people that come here must be aware that a UK smash community exists, some may just choose not to join it lol.

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
sorry for this but f**k neoempire . its not on the standard of this forum i am sorry
Sorry you feel that way.

Neo empire seems a lot more dead than this place everytime i've went over
NE is a very active site, and has alot of active posters. The Smash board is dead because you lot, the smash scene:

A. Don't post enough.
B. Refuse to come over

No one is telling you to leave SWF. The basic idea was that if you lot wanted support from the biggest fighting game scene in the UK, and if you want your game to be recognised among the rest of the fighters and fighting game crowd, you would show your resolve to do so. This is really for the benefit of the Smash scene, if you guys don't want it, fine. SRK has already established itself with the American smash scene.

neoempire looks like some weeabo site. plus it doesnt look so active. if you want more members then i guess i could sign up and slap it on my favs.

as for the melee scene, i would love to get into melee but theres so many good people out there, that know/master every AT in melee. i dont think its much point me getting into it, at the way i play.

edit: cant post, proberly another reason why isint as active.
Weeabo site? It's no where near that, you should at least hang around before passing such assumptions. And you can't post because your account needs to be activated by the admin, and I know the admin that does it...just give him some time otherwise I'll tell him to get it activated for you like I have for other people in the past.

But really, regardless of whether its Brawl or Melee, there's little motivation for anyone to move to Neoempire. All the information is here and everyones already signed up and established here. Tournaments are organised from here, its a more famous site so newcomers are more likely to find you here. The only reason for anyone to go to Neoempire is to maybe increase the size of the scene by getting some new members from a different group, and just have more freedom for the UK scene in particular to mess about....which it does plenty anyway :laugh: I'm still waiting for my activational email and whatnot, and will check it out occassionally. But the only reason seems to be that you and frozenwave are mods there >_>

EDIT: Oh I see, its getting in with the other fighter communities in the UK. Well thats the best reason so far, so someone should have actually said it. :bee:
We know everyone posts here, but what you guys need to do is at least relay/mirror information on to NE. Everybody (even the French) would just post their tournament results in the tourney results thread on NE, that's what you guys should just start doing. Just copy and paste the info, is it that hard? If you are holding fests, copy it to NE because there are actually people interested in smash fests, and these people have been asking about smash sessions for quite some time.

its taking a long time. and ive actived it from the email last night.

i only see 1 subforum for smash bros. proberly why smashboards has alot more people. plus smashboards got linked from a brawl strategy guide.
The Smash forum is not a sub-forum, it is a main forum with the ability to gain a sub-forum if needed.

Now I'm a brawl player myself so I want the scene to go somewhere, but people are acting abit immature and ignorant here, and are stopping that from happening.

You know what you guys missed? A free trip to (SRK's) Evolution to participate in the Evo Brawl tourney, which will most definitely be the biggest Brawl tourney to go down. There is a tourney in the Uk, hosted by Neoempire, called 'The Road to Evolution'; where the winner of each tourney gets a paid trip to Evo Vegas, for the game they have won. The list of games are Super Turbo II HD, Tekken 5, Third Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2. Brawl would have definitely been on there had there been a smash scene at the time of deciding the games.

I will overlook some of the things being said here,

A. Because it would most likely crush any hope of expanding the smash scene

B. Because like I'm hoping most of you do, we want the smash scene to grow and get stronger

C. Because I don't want a few people to ruin it for everyone else

D. Because I'm not a taddle tale

Now I can only hope R3ko doesn't read this :ohwell:

COEY

Smash Lord
So was vids gonna be up? =)

"some vids will be up by the end of the weekend"
"Will be have mine up by then too"
Shut up Charles :)

Tried to upload them last week. But after being told by a reliable sorce (you know who you are ;) ) to use ulead, it had awful sound.....awful! Hopefully will get them sorted today.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Shut up Charles :)

Tried to upload them last week. But after being told by a reliable sorce (you know who you are ;) ) to use ulead, it had awful sound.....awful! Hopefully will get them sorted today.
ROOOFL. <3
Weird, my videos turn out shiz on ulead.
Try Total Video Converter, although you'll need a serial number for it lol.

COEY

Smash Lord
yea my trial for that has run out
found something that has worked but leaves a watermark :/

COEY

Smash Lord
Vids are being gay on youtube so ive made something special instead :) Screwed up slightly tho lol.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
i had a dream about brawl

i couldnt beat a lvl 1 cpu

:urg:

VA

Smash Hero
I'm changing to my name....to:

Ekkusu

See you suckas on the other side. I'm not going to post again here until I return from Canada, reborn.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Seriously they aren't rick rolls. If I was to ever tell the truth on smashboards it would be now. If they are Rick Rolls I promise I will say I am not the cockiest smasher in Europe... and you all know how much that means to me. looool at BBill calling Mic_128 that time... recently found out it was him... what a little *****.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
loool Seriously they aren't rick rolls. If I was to ever tell the truth on smashboards it would be now. If they are Rick Rolls I promise I will say I am not the cockiest smasher in Europe... and you all know how much that means to me. looool at BBill calling Mic_128 that time... recently found out it was him... what a little *****.
;)________

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool Only someone truly and deeply emotional and annoyed over an event on a game website would give you a lecture on msn about it, send you an e-mail about it and then call the mods about it loool EEEEEEEEE. Weirdly everything you did actually had nothing to do with you, I guess what they say is true loool. Big time man up.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Actually his response to you just there on the boards was pretty nice tbh.
Fly wink, needed nothing else.
So Pro when are you going to Rick Roll the entire British section of the Europe Thread?

Top Bottom