• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TioPro tournament organizer: rising from the ashes (CHARACTER ICONS - 12/19)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
program is trash
jk <3 tio use it every week

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
pocky: I'm working on a plugin interface that would allow people to add their own bracket formats to the application through a downloaded extension.

CHAiN: no, sorry.

nevershootme

Smash Master
how come the clone a bracket window (so you can drag to your dual screen setup while making adjustments in your laptop without having people looking over your screen) is removed in this recent version. like the option has disappeared magically when viewing the bracket

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Just curious, do we have to manually change people's skill, or can this program change it automatically based on how well they do at tournaments?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Skill is only used when seeding by skill, which automatically arranges seeds based on the Skill value of the players.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah, but do you have to manually input the Skill value of the players or is there a way to make that value automatically change based on how well they place in tournaments

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's all manually entered. There are other options for basing seeding on previous events (specifically, basing one bracket's seeds on the results of a round robin event preceding it).

GofG

Smash Champion
rezzing a stickied thread

AltF4, works fine in Mono now. Linux From Scratch, 2.6.31, mono 2.4.2.3

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really? There are Win32 API calls in tio that aren't part of .NET. I was under the impression that would render it inoperable under Mono. Is that not the case?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Is there an update for "saving the bracket image" glitch for the round robin bracket?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
uhhh... so how soon was that update going to happen?lol

amount18

Smash Cadet
This is a great program!

I am running it in Wine on my Mac (Leopard).

My thanks to the creator!

EDIT: It crashes repeatedly. I initially thought this to be fine because it autosaves. However, the datafile became corrupted after a while. From what I have seen, it is still a great program. Too bad it has problems on other OS types.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Someone coudl try to package it into a Wine App

I dunno how to do that though

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
You REALLY need to bring back the ability to project a bracket on to a second screen, it was one of my favorite features.

It makes displaying a bracket on a second screen very simple, like a monitor or a projector.

LLDL

Smash Hero
You should release an experimental twitter version to the public before pound :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
OK, I'm guessing ~1 month until the next version is FINALLY complete :).
Hurray! An update from the man himself.

And please please please bring back the feature that let me open a second window for the bracket! Makes it great when you have multiple monitors at your disposal.

And I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps maybe a zoom or something to make large brackets fit on projectors? Being able to put the bracket on another screen is cool but it still sucks if only part of it can be displayed.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zooming is in, as well as a pretty radically redesigned bracket viewer.

The new bracket window is back but with a small caveat. I'll have more information on that later.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just thought of something that could help that wouldn't necessarily be a lot of work I think
Could there be a mode to help make it easier for using on a netbook? Even if it's just a key control that toggles the entire upper menu section on and off while viewing the bracket.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Any chance of adding some sort of online functionality to this program?

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
What does that mean?
Challonge and Tonamento have brackets viewable online (in real time) via the internet.
Also, you can work the same file from multiple computers. So one master tournament file with 5 tournies can be done on 5 computers in real time.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Challonge and Tonamento have brackets viewable online (in real time) via the internet.
Also, you can work the same file from multiple computers. So one master tournament file with 5 tournies can be done on 5 computers in real time.
THIS.

10 times.

Top Bottom