• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
How is Pit's neutral anything less than stellar when he has a great DD, a glide that functions as an airdash that can be initiated from the ground out of a DD, arrows and a reflector for encouraging almost everyone to approach him, and multiple aerial jumps and moderately disjointed aerials? His grab may not have great reach, that never stopped falcon from landing grabs, and pit has more going for him than falcon.
Only thing I really see that would hold pit back is the lack of lingering aerials.
Zero believes it's rather weak. He doesn't go into detail about it, but I believe he knows more about Pit than most.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
all competitive videogame players think the character they play sucks, it just comes with the character.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Who knows a characters weaknesses better then the people who play him?

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
Soo back to speculating.. I think the most controversial statuses are Sonic, Ness and G+W and maybe Peach and Roy. What are your opinions on these characters??

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
Ness is mid tier, he struggles in the neutral game but is pretty good otherwise.
I have extremely mixed feelings about Roy but I definitely want to put him on the higher end of the mid tier at the very least.

I don't play any others, peach is pretty bad in PM imo.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Ness is mid tier, he struggles in the neutral game but is pretty good otherwise.
I have extremely mixed feelings about Roy but I definitely want to put him on the higher end of the mid tier at the very least.

I don't play any others, peach is pretty bad in PM imo.
What combination of survivability, good power, good anti-CC game and the ability to stomp any recovery in the game save maybe 2 makes her bad?

steelguttey

mei is bei
Ness is good all ness players but one are awful so you couldnt tell.
if youre talking about bryanato i wouldnt know because every time i see him play i lose myself looking at him

i just like roys combos d-tilt is such a fun move

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
if youre talking about bryanato i wouldnt know because every time i see him play i lose myself looking at him

i just like roys combos d-tilt is such a fun move
I don't know if you're joking or not, but he's talking about Awestin, who's easily the best Ness main out there right now.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
What combination of survivability, good power, good anti-CC game and the ability to stomp any recovery in the game save maybe 2 makes her bad?
She's a bit of a slow character with little to no reach overall, characters like Link/Tink can stuff her ranged game pretty hard because they're simply better at it and keep her out with their swords.
I think "Bad" was a bad choice of words, I don't consider her high tier is all.

I love your sig btw.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
she also gets things off of her D-throw that she couldn't before. DI one way and she gets a re-grab, DI the other and she gets a DACUS. FC Fair is still safe on shield and can be done with turnip in hand to still have all new Item tech options.

PM characters also despise CCing, and CC-dsmash is still godlike.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
He, uh... like, sometimes um... I guess his tether doesn't go the length of FD. So there's that.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
He, uh... like, sometimes um... I guess his tether doesn't go the length of FD. So there's that.
A weakness could be that Lucas is unable to defend against physical projectiles (Link or Toon Link) and that he is still lightweight and floaty, which can lead him into bad situations. But let's face it, Lucas has a very short amount of shortcomings for a short attacker with short range and short speed.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, Lucas is a very powerful characters with few weakness, but he DOES have weaknesses. As a fastfaller he's susceptible to a variety of chain grabs/grab followups from a variety of characters. He has a hard time dealing with pressure (that's why fighting spacies is rough for him) and, while Tether is good, it DOES have vulnerability that can be taken advantage of.

I look forward to people learning to edgeguard Lucas (Because it IS possible) as the game goes on because I like learning new ways to get back. Still expect him to get nerfed in some way even though I think he's perfectly reasonable.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, Lucas is a very powerful characters with few weakness, but he DOES have weaknesses. As a fastfaller he's susceptible to a variety of chain grabs/grab followups from a variety of characters. He has a hard time dealing with pressure (that's why fighting spacies is rough for him) and, while Tether is good, it DOES have vulnerability that can be taken advantage of.

I look forward to people learning to edgeguard Lucas (Because it IS possible) as the game goes on because I like learning new ways to get back. Still expect him to get nerfed in some way even though I think he's perfectly reasonable.
Oh that's interesting I didn't know he was a fastfaller.

I've seen K9 (as MK) do some good work recently edgeguarding against the tether, but it seems like a big guessing game most of the time. A Lucas he was fighting earlier tonight (or yesterday) was doing some amazing things releasing tether and using down-B, then re-tethering... type stuff.

Last edited:

Rat

Smash Lord
Coming from a Wolf perspective, it's not worth it to edgeguard Lucas. The chance of getting downB'd when holding the ledge or jumping off stage is too great - Hitting PSI Magnet offstage kills Wolf.

It's okay to go out there if you're willing to gamble it all-in. But that's pretty infrequent.

That being said, I still want to experiment more against Lucas' recovery. Maybe there's some option coverage I'm missing.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
His grab is punishable, his dashdance and dash speed in general not that great, pk-frost has long startup making him lose projectile wars against projectile intensive characters. Lucas can also lose to spacing against certain characters. Also here I would say the neutral game for Lucas is the hardest part, especially "getting in the zone". He also needs more recovery options than for example spacies because it is easier to hit him.
Lucas is 9th fastest faller after Wolf, Falco, CF, Fox, Diddy, MK, DK and Roy, so he is a fastfaller, but not as much as spacies etc. I would say he is more like a medium-fast faller.
Also his fallspeed after initiating a fastfall is just around mid because it doesn't increase much with it.
His jump still acts like a fastfaller's short hop because DJC immediately reach apex and if you initiate fashfall afterwards you are on the ground quicker than most characters would.

EDIT: @ Rat Rat
Ask Chillin, I bet he would still go out there ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom