• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is my power... but what is my purpose? ~ Mewtwo Social Thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Question, is there a video or something for fastest djc nairs or fairs. I thought I saw some nairs in superdoodlemans thing but I think that they werent instant djc and the nairs were multihits

Also has anybody noticed that if you do it perfectly, like instant where its only the last hit which is bigger-they dont fly as far and its easier to combo out of with Idjc fairs.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Also has anybody noticed that if you do it perfectly, like instant where its only the last hit which is bigger-they dont fly as far and its easier to combo out of with Idjc fairs.
*First

But, yea, the beginning part of nair has less knockback, so it's easier to follow-up. I remember Taj saying something about it being un-ccable, too. :bee:

SDC

Smash Lord
Maybe because they use the plural conjugation of "to be" for a singular personal pronoun.
...Who gives a ****? lol

It's descriptively(informal) correct, not prescriptively (formally).
O_o You actually paid attention in English language class?

But, yea, the beginning part of nair has less knockback, so it's easier to follow-up. I remember Taj saying something about it being un-ccable, too. :bee:
Wait, you can't CC DJC Nair, or can you not CC only the first part of the DJC Nair?

yeah, an instant DJC nair really becomes a "Get the F#@! off me" move.

I <3 M2's nair.

Too bad its reach is ****. :urg:
If it wasn't **** reach mew2 would be.....not bottom tier :ohwell:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im fine with the range of it.

ITs a great punish for dash attacks. If its truly the last hit only then the hitbox is bigger and it hits all around.

Gets the foxs and sheiks that Dash attack thru your shield into a IDjcFair.

M2 has so many mindgames I love it.

SDC

Smash Lord
Im fine with the range of it.

ITs a great punish for dash attacks. If its truly the last hit only then the hitbox is bigger and it hits all around.

Gets the foxs and sheiks that Dash attack thru your shield into a IDjcFair.

M2 has so many mindgames I love it.
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a "IDjcFair". I know what a djcfair is of course, but what is that 'I' at the start stand for? "inverted" or something lol?

SDC

Smash Lord
Omg inverted would be so tight.
Yeah, can you imagine totally reversed shadowclaw combos??? If only shadowclaw's hitbox was as broken as falco's bair's hitbox. Think of the possibilities :).

its just instant. the one where you dont leave the ground at all but still have a hitbox.
Ah, makes sense. I've noticed a difference in the timing between these, there is actually quite a bit of variety in DJC fairs.

If Mewtwo were HEAVIER and had defensive options and a safe approach he wouldn't be bottom tier. :ohwell:
Dude, there are an INNUMERABLE amount of things that could be improved with mew2 lol, starting with the moveset. I like it, but would have preferred something more psychic instead of physical based. And mew2 should have been able to grab people half across the stage. Yes, mew2 should have been the best/most broken character in this game, but let's save "i hate sakurai" rants for another day :(.

Alright I'll unleash a little bit here: he makes snake good (one of the biggest name characters in the smash world), but he makes mew2, the number 1 pokemon, the worst in the game? Hell even sonic got better treatment lol.

SDC

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's perfect the way he is. That is all! <3
<_< Even Taj knows that that statement is bull**** lol ;). <3 vman

I always feel safe approaching if I got a baby shadowball in front of me lol.
Hmm...you don't play many marths/space animals do you lol? Spacies are like all that is in MN:
*I baby shadowball, and wavedash forward*
*they down-b*
*I make :( face as I get fsmashed*

It's not that bad lol, I actually do need to use shadowball more, I need to get in better habits :ohwell:.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOl. shadowballs of the baby persuasion ****. You should use them to counter their attack or approach.

If they down B then they arent gonna punish hard because they have that lag from reflecting.

PLus WD into triangle jump if you need to go thru the shadowball.

on marth you want to hit him as he lands. If hes in the air, most likely you wont have time to nair or something and he can get the fair out. if he is just landing he may fair but it doesnt come out and he misses an l cancel giving you more time.

or you can get to him because he is on the ground and doesnt have anything quick enough to counter. Grab and jump take frames and by the time they would get either you should have already gotten that grab off.

Obviously this doesnt make the matchup good or anything like that. but for the most parth thas what you wanna aim for

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
or you can get to him because he is on the ground and doesnt have anything quick enough to counter. Grab and jump take frames and by the time they would get either you should have already gotten that grab off.
I dunno about that, his jab, Dancing Blade and dtilt all come out on/before frame seven, which is when your grab comes out.

SDC

Smash Lord
LOl. shadowballs of the baby persuasion ****. You should them to counter their attack or approach.

If they down B then they arent gonna punish hard because they have that lag from reflecting.

PLus WD into triangle jump if you need to go thru the shadowball.

on marth you want to hit him as he lands. If hes in the air, most likely you wont have time to nair or something and he can get the fair out. if he is just landing he may fair but it doesnt come out and he misses an l cancel giving you more time.

Obviously this doesnt make the matchup good or anything like that. but for the most parth thas what you wanna aim for
:( I need to brush up on my mew2 terms, The rest makes sense, but what's triangle jump?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dunno about that, his jab, Dancing Blade and dtilt all come out on/before frame seven, which is when your grab comes out.
thats is correct. But they would have to time it perfectly to attack right as they get out of sb stun.

but that being said, you are suppose to use the sb stun to your advantage.

If I get there basically at the same time as the sb I have a good chance of getting the grab off because

1. you start it early during the WD.

2. they get a few extra frames of delay from the sb-hitting them or the shield

3. then it comes down to there move frame data-startup lag from either an attack or jumps into attacks.

4. human error

you gotta play frame game.

if they are in the air already they can mash out a quick aerial. on the ground they would have to jump first using up more frames of time.

so they must use something quick while on the ground. anything with large startup wont work and you just gotta keep ur space and know your timing. Use the length of the wd and attack as you get there not when you get there to shave off a frame or two.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Oh, I see. Sorry, your post was a little confusing =P I didn't know you were including baby Shadow Balls into your figurings.

quak

Smash Champion
meh, nairs overrated

learn to DJC upairs and fairs, that's how you combo legitly against spacies

and if you learn to techchase djc'd dairs, that's just extra fancy

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
meh, nairs overrated

learn to DJC upairs and fairs, that's how you combo legitly against spacies

and if you learn to techchase djc'd dairs, that's just extra fancy
Nair is tight until you play somebody good. Then they just DI out of it almost like mewtwo is bottom tier and has attacks to match lol.

Do you still play at all? I thought about hittin you up when I was in san fran after genesis but I figured you hadnt touched melee in a while.
Oh, I see. Sorry, your post was a little confusing =P I didn't know you were including baby Shadow Balls into your figurings.
lol haha I guess you didnt read it then.

"shadow balls of the baby persuasion"

quak

Smash Champion
i basicly stopped playing competitive for a long time, then i re-entered a tournament a week ago or so. Turns out everyone in norcal got insanely technical (spacies galore) but had culture shock when playing against a mewtwo or a ganon

i've got super fun tricksies against spacies and it makes me smile

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys i am a new mewtwo player trying to learn some of his powers what are somethings that kinda work on every character that you might be able to teach me?

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Thankyou i am a peach main so i mean his whole djc isn't to new to me which makes life a little easier but me and a friend have a mm ness verus mewtwo both character we have never really played

i have just read that whole guide but any particular help against ness would be awesome

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i basicly stopped playing competitive for a long time, then i re-entered a tournament a week ago or so. Turns out everyone in norcal got insanely technical (spacies galore) but had culture shock when playing against a mewtwo or a ganon

lol stuff like pivot IDJC fairs>fair onto a platform>Idjc fair> fair> fair(maybe an fcsb).

The upthrow into quad fair fc sb is semi legit for a zero to death on FD.

I dont really use tajs upthrow fair to regrab tho. I always try to do max fairage.

good to see you back then,

SDC

Smash Lord

If you could post some recent vids of yourself I'd be really happy :)

Top Bottom