• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you think that only YOU do. (AKA OCD Thread, LOL)

Scott!

Smash Lord
OCD? Meh, maybe. But I can function in life just fine, so I don't need an unnecessary diagnosis. It is kinda comforting to know I'm not the only one who does this. Even though it isn't really, I like to think of it as a game. I look for patterns in life as well. I count things, and I've got multiple mental games I couldn't really explain if I wanted to that I play almost instinctively. I just kind of wish it was easier to turn off. I know that I can. When I'm walking, if I look straight ahead, I'm able to not focus on where I step. I just wish I didn't feel mental discomfort/guilt when I feel myself stepping on a crack out of my line of sight.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
OK, on games MAAAAYBE that's REALLY OCD.......

~Sometimes when im in the car (as a passenger) I just imagine like these objects that like jump from lamp post to lamp post, or the just run down the street, or a blade going as fast as the car just cuts down all the plants avoiding metal. It's just SO weird but I can't help myself I just see these things, not like I think they are real, but I don't even see color in these things, or anything, hey are just figments of my mind that I can't help myself to make......
/weird
wow, I do something very similar. except with me, its like something just running only in grass and plants, and it can only go over a spot once. It isn't like I actually see something doing this, I just imagine that it's there. I always sort of though it to be Mario... :embarrass I haven't done this in a while though.

I also have certain things I do with sidewalk. I count how many steps it takes me on every section of sidewalk, and I make sure to never go over that number. I won't step on cracks either. Again this isn't all the time though, just when I think about it (which is still pretty often)

Handorin

Smash Hero
OK, on games MAAAAYBE that's REALLY OCD.......

~Sometimes when im in the car (as a passenger) I just imagine like these objects that like jump from lamp post to lamp post, or the just run down the street,
I do that too... =/ I kinda forgot about that because I haven't been the passenger in awhile. It's almost like a game for the guy in my head. Just trying to keep up with the car while doing as many tricks as possible by jumping from poles or lines, etc.

On the subject of cracking elbows, I do that, but I knew others did it. How many people crack their knees though? Or the middle joint of their pinky finger?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't take the top of stacked dishes i lift up the plate, cup, bowl, etc. and grab the one underneath it.

There is a reason for this that I think will take too long to emphasize.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
When I stretch I practically speak in tongues. It's kinda hilarious. It sounds like a different language each time.

Also, when I yawn, I say yawn afterward, and sometimes while I'm yawning. Likewise, I also say shiver when I shiver. No real reason, I just do.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
wow, I do something very similar. except with me, its like something just running only in grass and plants, and it can only go over a spot once. It isn't like I actually see something doing this, I just imagine that it's there. I always sort of though it to be Mario... :embarrass I haven't done this in a while though.

I also have certain things I do with sidewalk. I count how many steps it takes me on every section of sidewalk, and I make sure to never go over that number. I won't step on cracks either. Again this isn't all the time though, just when I think about it (which is still pretty often)
My imaginary thing was a shape shifting lemur:ohwell:

I also count my steps....but mine HAVE to be odd numbers if I do count, so every section I start with the other foot.

It's kinda weird finding people that also have walking OCD.....

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I thought I was the only one who lightly slaps his pockets to make sure everything is still in there(Wallet, cell, keys, etc) but I found out Eggz does it too.

I tilt my head as far to the right as it will go when people say things that just seem......stupid to me.

I walk on the fronts of my feet(not my toes, just the full front with my heels off the ground) when I walk barefoot.

Overload

Smash Lord
~Sometimes when im in the car (as a passenger) I just imagine like these objects that like jump from lamp post to lamp post, or the just run down the street, or a blade going as fast as the car just cuts down all the plants avoiding metal. It's just SO weird but I can't help myself I just see these things, not like I think they are real, but I don't even see color in these things, or anything, hey are just figments of my mind that I can't help myself to make......
/weird
I do the same exact thing. Like a giant sword cutting everything down, or something running beside the car avoiding obstacles.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I thought I was the only one who lightly slaps his pockets to make sure everything is still in there(Wallet, cell, keys, etc) but I found out Eggz does it too.

I tilt my head as far to the right as it will go when people say things that just seem......stupid to me.

I walk on the fronts of my feet(not my toes, just the full front with my heels off the ground) when I walk barefoot.
I also pat my pockets to make sure I have everything.

But I only do it at my dorm, not at home.

I must be afraid of getting locked out.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I do that when either:
a)something is stupid
b)doesn't make sense

I do the same exact thing. Like a giant sword cutting everything down, or something running beside the car avoiding obstacles.
CREEEEPY!!!!! >_<

My john for this: Great minds think alike:)

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
I used to do this.
I also pat my pockets to make sure my stuff is there.
I can't stand it when people leave pens open. Even the clickable ones. I'll take open pens off of desks and close them before putting them back. Even if someone is sitting there. :ohwell:
I can never leave the volume for the TV/radio on an odd number.

Overload

Smash Lord
I break the clips off of pens.
Sometimes I'll try balancing objects on my desk in school or at home such as pencils and other various objects that may be within my reach.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
You know... I think I'm the only person that won't post what I truly believe only I do for fear of an infraction. But there are definitely some things I believe only I do.

Take that as you will.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Everytime I drink, I walk on my hands to prove to myself/people that I am sober. I got pretty good at it lol.
HAH! I do that too. I'd do a back flip, but I don't trust myself enough. If I was drunk that could end up a lot worse than just walking on my hands.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
When I awake every morning, I take the stance of a quadraped and growl like a tiger cub. Sometimes a man needs to embrace his animal instincts.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
I can sit down, and play with figures as if i was still a small child

if something is relatively long and not heavy, i will sit there until i balanced it on my nose.
although I don't play the drums I just start doing a beat I cant get out of my head on the table or desk in front of me I think it's a cross between turrets and ADD.

yesssssss
i do that all the time

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I can sit down, and play with figures as if i was still a small child

if something is relatively long and not heavy, i will sit there until i balanced it on my nose.
I used to do that I could balance a broom on my nose!

(the reason I used to do that is because once I was balancing a broom and it hit a kid watching in the eye and the parents threatened to sue :( )

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I try to figure out what random notes are that I hear. I guess its my attempt at acquiring absolute pitch (@.@)

Though, i have memorized E natural. (Im never off when I claim something to be E)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Only I can do?

Apparently, at least in this city, send coherent text messages.
TN? I'm probably one of the few min my city as well. >_>

I try to figure out what random notes are that I hear. I guess its my attempt at acquiring absolute pitch (@.@)

Though, i have memorized E natural. (Im never off when I claim something to be E)
I do that too.
Yay band.

Ch!bi

Smash Cadet
When I awake every morning, I take the stance of a quadraped and growl like a tiger cub. Sometimes a man needs to embrace his animal instincts.
LOL. :laugh:

Back on topic, something else I remembered...

When I adjust volume on TVs, the number has to be on a multiple of 5. XP

Wrath`

Smash Master
When I die in a video game, get hit with something or try to avoid something, I ussaly make a wierd incohearant sound effect.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If I'm at the checkout aisle at the grocery store, and the candy is in the wrong place, I HAVE to rearrange it correctly. I just can't stand stuff like that. Not just in the checkout aisle, throughout the whole store as well.

saggy_brown

Smash Cadet
My elbows bend the incorrect way, along with the correct way. people think its really freaky, and it makes for a wicked uppercut. One time we played a prank on my coach who didn't know this, where my freind pushed me to the ground, and I turned my arm the wrong way and pretended it was totally broken

toon_marth

Smash Ace
When I stretch I practically speak in tongues. It's kinda hilarious. It sounds like a different language each time.

Also, when I yawn, I say yawn afterward, and sometimes while I'm yawning. Likewise, I also say shiver when I shiver. No real reason, I just do.
O_o Me too to every dang one of these...except I kinda screech when I stretch real hard lol. My friends are like what the crap.

Top Bottom