• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Hmmmm so I take it you got some f /b throws to flip jump spikes during the tilt janky bits?

Man the one time I cp'd to there for that I literally never got a tilt or maybe I was on the wrong side unfortunatestuff really.

I also envy you my link spams dash attack and upsmash to much and I only get hit sometimes because I am not expecting the continued use when I always punish with like a boost kick...

On a small note at a small bi weekly Wednesday I pulled a nairo near the top flip jump kick spike straight down on a player that normally always beats me. That game ended with him yelling "oh you dirty motha !#$@!" Like a second and a half before I got the spike. I guess he just knew to accept that zss is law.
Nah I got nothing like that. The stage is relatively small and the platforms help. I just wouldn't have picked Lylat without Shaya suggesting it. It's also pretty hard to camp for a grab at a specific spot against Link

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Funnily enough I wouldn't think of lylat being a great stage to take Link (unless they're a flailing around a bit). Bouncing boomerangs from the ground, quick charging arrows have usable nuances and yeah, he has a zair too and a bair/nair/fair/up smash he can kinda platform pressure with.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Funnily enough I wouldn't think of lylat being a great stage to take Link (unless they're a flailing around a bit). Bouncing boomerangs from the ground, quick charging arrows have usable nuances and yeah, he has a zair too and a bair/nair/fair/up smash he can kinda platform pressure with.
The stage being rather small alone helps

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Hi, people, I got a question!
I was using ZSS today ─which I haven't done very much in this game yet.... and I decided to try to use my favorite Sheik kill method when I was facing a Pac-Man: run of the ledge and stage spike the opponent by intercepting their low recovery with a Bair.
The stage spike worked (even through Pac-Man's recovery is too good and I wasn't able to kill him once with that), but the problem is that her Up+B is not very good when you're not facing the stage, so all the 3 or 4 times I did that, I was saved by Pac-man's own UP+B thingy that stays active for a while.
Ok, so the question is: is there a safe method to do that Bair and get back? Can she Reverse UP+B or something? Or is possible for her to get back with a simple UP+B if I practice correctly?
Anything?

Last edited:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
I was using ZSS today ─which I haven't done very much in this game yet.... and I decided to try to use my favorite Sheik kill method when I was facing a Pac-Man: run of the ledge and stage spike the opponent by intercepting their low recovery with a Bair.
The stage spike worked (even through Pac-Man's recovery is too good and I wasn't able to kill him once with that), but the problem is that her Up+B is not very good when you're not facing the stage, so all the 3 or 4 times I did that, I was saved by Pac-man's own UP+B thingy that stays active for a while.
Ok, so the question is: is there a safe method to do that Bair and get back? Can she Reverse UP+B or something? Or is possible for her to get back with a simple UP+B if I practice correctly?
Anything?
Stage spiking a Sheik o_0. Not something I'd risk personally.
Anyways, ZSS' up-b isn't really that useful for recovering, so use her flip jump (down-b) to cover great vertical and horizontal distance.
And since you'd be facing away from the stage, you can flip jump in the opposite direction by tilting the analog left or right immediately after inputting down-b. You can also alter your distance of flip jump depending on how far you tilt the analog stick in the given direction.
It is possible to reverse ZSS' up-b, but you're better off using her down-b as a recovering option.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Anyways, ZSS' up-b isn't really that useful for recovering, so use her flip jump (down-b) to cover great vertical and horizontal distance.
And since you'd be facing away from the stage, you can flip jump in the opposite direction by tilting the analog left or right immediately after inputting down-b. You can also alter your distance of flip jump depending on how far you tilt the analog stick in the given direction.
It is possible to reverse ZSS' up-b, but you're better off using her down-b as a recovering option.
Not completely true about using flip jump over up b when recovering all the time. Up b can shark people standing at the ledge from below the stage. And if you hit them you can actually combo an uair out of it.

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Not completely true about using flip jump over up b when recovering all the time. Up b can shark people standing at the ledge from below the stage. And if you hit them you can actually combo an uair out of it.
Most of the time you're gonna be relying on flip jump and tether to recover. I haven't really found an instance to use up-b except when I whiff the occasional down-b offstage.
Is there really an outstanding advantage for ZSS to recover low with an up-b?

David Viran

Smash Lord
Most of the time you're gonna be relying on flip jump and tether to recover. I haven't really found an instance to use up-b except when I whiff the occasional down-b offstage.
The advantage is being able to put a hit box out while recovering.

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
The advantage is being able to put a hit box out while recovering.
Sure we've got that, but it isn't as strikingly useful compared to Marth's or Ike's, which clip and hit through the ledges better. I'd rather sacrifice recovering with a hitbox as I have much more safer options to get back on stage.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Oops, I meant to say that this is my favorite kill method when I'm using Sheik.... though I could still try to do it against one if she goes for a low recovery :p
Anyway, since I run off the ledge to hit the opponent right beneath it, I end up too close to the stage horizontally and I think that Down + B would not only not go high enough to reach the ledge, but it would also put me either below the stage (if there is no wall, of course) or more far away from it. Anyway, I will go to the lab to look into that when I can.... I am thinking of taking ZSS as one of my secondaries now.
lol I truly completely forgot she has a tether recovery, none of the other characters I use has that, so I always forget about it....
I guess that could be my best option in this situation I described.... if she can do it with her back to the stage.... though I already have an idea of how I maybe could turn her around without going underneath the stage.
And thanks for the answers :grin:

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
You guys probably know this but you can get a pretty easy kill confirm on Ganondorf with UpB.

On grab release, he barely moves away from ZSS. I don't know what it is about Ganondorf and ZSS but when he's released he's stays so close to ZSS and can UpB right out of it for the kill. Of course, he's also in jab range so it's safer to Jab1 him before UpB.

Grab -> Pummel -> Release -> Jab1 -> UpB, never fails. Pretty much at any percent.

Best part is, you don't even really have to have great timing with the Jab. Just keep pummeling until release and tap A. It's pretty seamless, just make sure you catch it before Jab2.

It works on some characters--Link, Fox, ROB, Sheik, and others. Some characters you can still get it but they can easily DI out: Lucas, Ness, Bowser, DK, among others. Some people release so far you can't hit them with jab or UpB--Dark Pit, Pit, Captain Falcon, ZSS herself... among others. And of course you can't do it on characters who are airborne out of grab release like Meta Knight.

But Ganon is definitely releases the closest and he's the easiest to get the confirm on. Idk what it is about him, and I also don't know why some characters are susceptible to this and some aren't (I originally thought it wild work on heavy characters until I saw that Bowser and DK can DI out. Then I checked fast fall characters into I saw Captain Falcon can't be confirmed at all) unless there's already grab release data on characters.

Didn't do a whole bunch of testing on all the characters and stuff but yeah.

Last edited:

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
You guys probably know this but you can get a pretty easy kill confirm on Ganondorf with UpB.

On grab release, he barely moves away from ZSS. I don't know what it is about Ganondorf and ZSS but when he's released he's stays so close to ZSS and can UpB right out of it for the kill. Of course, he's also in jab range so it's safer to Jab1 him before UpB.

Grab -> Pummel -> Release -> Jab1 -> UpB, never fails. Pretty much at any percent.

Best part is, you don't even really have to have great timing with the Jab. Just keep pummeling until release and tap A. It's pretty seamless, just make sure you catch it before Jab2.

It works on some characters--Link, Fox, ROB, Sheik, and others. Some characters you can still get it but they can easily DI out: Lucas, Ness, Bowser, DK, among others. Some people release so far you can't hit them with jab or UpB--Dark Pit, Pit, Captain Falcon, ZSS herself... among others. And of course you can't do it on characters who are airborne out of grab release like Meta Knight.

But Ganon is definitely releases the closest and he's the easiest to get the confirm on. Idk what it is about him, and I also don't know why some characters are susceptible to this and some aren't (I originally thought it wild work on heavy characters until I saw that Bowser and DK can DI out. Then I checked fast fall characters into I saw Captain Falcon can't be confirmed at all) unless there's already grab release data on characters.

Didn't do a whole bunch of testing on all the characters and stuff but yeah.
I'm pretty sure that it can just be shielded, albeit with a small window.
Unless I'm not doing it fast enough?

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I'm pretty sure that it can just be shielded, albeit with a small window.
Unless I'm not doing it fast enough?
I've had it shielded once in quite a few tries but I figured I just did it too slow. I played that guy for a good right or so matches and after I discovered it I really just kept doing it repeatedly to see if it could be blocked so he definitely knew it was coming.

Variable testing, I know. But at the worst, it's a great mixup to catch people off guard since grab releases aren't very often anticipated at all. Plus she seems to let go of her opponent faster than the average character (at least imo) so before really high percents the release will definitely catch opponents off guard.

Also did it in other matches against other players and characters.

For jab speed I just kept tapping A at the same rate I did during the pummel so I was doing it pretty quick.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've had it shielded once in quite a few tries but I figured I just did it too slow. I played that guy for a good right or so matches and after I discovered it I really just kept doing it repeatedly to see if it could be blocked so he definitely knew it was coming.

Variable testing, I know. But at the worst, it's a great mixup to catch people off guard since grab releases aren't very often anticipated at all. Plus she seems to let go of her opponent faster than the average character (at least imo) so before really high percents the release will definitely catch opponents off guard.

Also did it in other matches against other players and characters.

For jab speed I just kept tapping A at the same rate I did during the pummel so I was doing it pretty quick.
I'm testing it in training mode and the grab release that puts them in front of you let's the opponent act the same frame as zss can. So they can sheild in time.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
What can ZSS do to get out of Ness's PK Thunder? I see jumping is absolutely futile.
Don't be a coward Destroy that ball of lighting with up air ,bair or fair even nair can work it's just about positioning yourself and not panic airdodging ,you will find that ness can't punish you right away if you destroy the ball with up air or something. You should then use this to either cover your tracks and get away or punish him for his transgressions , But remember it depends where you are , what your current status is (no double jump , No down b , at kill % ect)

Anything?
Generally speaking Imo stage spiking should be a last resort in a sense because you give them the opportunity to tech it regardless of how high % they are which is basically a free out If you are going to try and stage spike people it should be something like this where you catch them off guard.

(I visually distracted him and caught him off guard by looking like I had stopped shielding an attack he thought would hit me then I proceed to evade and attack him)

Not always true there are a lot of times where you might have to swallow your pride and use flip jump to kill your momentum when your knocked so far near kill % and tethers can be intercepted if your not careful, You need to incorporate things like tether canceling and wall jumps to keep your opponents honest.

As @ David Viran David Viran mentioned with the sharking you can be gamble your stock if your ahead and wanted greedy punish on those who miss space near the ledge. When you boost kick into the ledge the first time you will have to wait for the invincibility frames to wear off before you can let go. But if you can get the shark the second time around you can immediately jump up after grabbing the ledge and boost kick them.

Risk Vs Reward is sometimes fun when it pays off.

Funny thing about down B if you wall jump at stage level with it and kick ASAP you can still up b back to the ledge.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I got third at an event! Yay, placement! The ZSS mirror is weird... but I've always been bad at mirror matches. On the upside... I hype kicked him out of him zipping in a tether. It was awesome, and video will be around soon ish, I hope!

Also, our state's (Oregon) best player ruined me with Little Mac... cause he can read way better than I can. It got me thinking about trying to anticipate movements though, and that netted me a down smash in a subsequent match. I then realized... I don't practice the followups, and I just sorta sat there thinking "I'm not Nairo! What do I do!?" ha ha. Ever the work in progress, I guess!

JacePlays

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to say thank you, used it as a change up on a Charizard main earlier and got the kill.

On the same note I feel like the UpB has a little slip in the middle. The second hit still connects, maybe it's DI.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jab -> up b is very close to being real, especially on some characters at later percent.

Grab releases are neutral frame advantage, so unlike in Brawl where we got a guaranteed jab on everyone we released, we can be power shielded in that situation I'm pretty sure.

Some people may have noticed Nairo's latest grab trick of Jab1 on person/shield and then dash away instant pivot grab.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Jab -> up b is very close to being real, especially on some characters at later percent.

Grab releases are neutral frame advantage, so unlike in Brawl where we got a guaranteed jab on everyone we released, we can be power shielded in that situation I'm pretty sure.

Some people may have noticed Nairo's latest grab trick of Jab1 on person/shield and then dash away instant pivot grab.
Definitely incorporating this into my game

Just wanted to say thank you, used it as a change up on a Charizard main earlier and got the kill.

On the same note I feel like the UpB has a little slip in the middle. The second hit still connects, maybe it's DI.
Yeah it's kinda character dependent whether they can DI out of it or not. Same thing happens to DK and Bowser I believe

Last edited by a moderator:

David Viran

Smash Lord

In the zss skype group some people tested jab -> up b and apparently is guaranteed on ness.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think I saw someone make a full list of it's workings (really early) and I always remember Greninja apparently being on it.

As Up tilt is 1 frame faster, there's probably a lot of jab->up tilts scenarios our players haven't implemented yet.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Combo's? no, but you can try going for down-bs (if they jump towards you), dash attacks (if they land into the ground) or maybe some dash aerials.

Oh the custom side-b that knocks them into us? probably.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I got third at an event! Yay, placement! The ZSS mirror is weird... but I've always been bad at mirror matches. On the upside... I hype kicked him out of him zipping in a tether. It was awesome, and video will be around soon ish, I hope!

Also, our state's (Oregon) best player ruined me with Little Mac... cause he can read way better than I can. It got me thinking about trying to anticipate movements though, and that netted me a down smash in a subsequent match. I then realized... I don't practice the followups, and I just sorta sat there thinking "I'm not Nairo! What do I do!?" ha ha. Ever the work in progress, I guess!
I actually used to do something similar but fell out of it because I was getting mixed results I used to try and continue to state this in my mind, "observe what's happening, What would Samus do?"
Not sure if i was onto something takes a lot of presence of mind to the point where I got distracted or couldn't concentrate as well.

Combo's? no, but you can try going for down-bs (if they jump towards you), dash attacks (if they land into the ground) or maybe some dash aerials.

Oh the custom side-b that knocks them into us? probably.
Actaully Luma is free AF so side b Combos into Side B when Rosa is out of the picture temporarily, Why anyone would even do that is beyond me xD.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Mad. I've been doing this since Brawl >: (
I can vouch for this not sure how many times I've fallen victim to this... Although I was probably more concerned with V bullying me (since watching Him and I in the neutral is like a 3 year old and swinging wildly at a professional boxer) into rolling behind him so he can pivot down smash me to even notice xD.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Mad. I've been doing this since Brawl >: (
Haha, just think how I must feel when EVERYONE calls the Dsmash > flip kick spike "The Nairo" despite me using it and tournament and preaching it to other ZSS players before he even picked up the character :(

But I mean he's the one in the most spotlight, and for good reason, he's definitely the class of the character at this point. And he probably will be for a little while.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Haha, just think how I must feel when EVERYONE calls the Dsmash > flip kick spike "The Nairo" despite me using it and tournament and preaching it to other ZSS players before he even picked up the character :(

But I mean he's the one in the most spotlight, and for good reason, he's definitely the class of the character at this point. And he probably will be for a little while.
I've got your back #Xanadu100:

Last edited:

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet

I noticed you Bengals senpai! Saw that aaaaaages ago on the Xanadu stream and I also saw choco do it on the Japanese stream.
Edit: sorry for double post

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
RCO Lag still there?
EDIT: RCO Lag still there. Just tested.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
In the zss skype group some people tested jab -> up b and apparently is guaranteed on ness.
Don't you play with me that's a MU I hate so god damn much.

I am literally gonna just do nothing but that from now on and force mofos to di for their life from now on if this is true.

Ugh I read this again and I said from now on X2 in one sentence.
<------- fraud or I just 2 stocked myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom