• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zelda CCV Project - Editing Phase Started, Moving at a Very Slow Pace

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I really hope the combo video doesn't have Zelda sucks in the title. Can you guys just call it a Zelda Boards compilation video. Kinda like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dc9bps1ch0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPBq9TMxr4&annotation_id=annotation_196106&feature=iv

Two boards vid by the ganon boards that just say SWF ganon boards compliation/combo video. No point in putting Zelda sucks in the tittle it's really lame not cool and not funny so just stop with all the zelda sucks stuff? plz.

Here's what the Link boards did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM0p...1D24A21EB&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=5

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
This is how I count the votes to be. Zelda Sucks was removed from the list and I gave every vote it got for Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own, so if you voted for Zelda Sucks and want to change your vote now let me know.

• shoes ---------------------------------------------------- 0
  • Shiny ---------------------------------------------------- 0
  • Low tier my *** -------------------------------------- 2
  • Sexy Poses & Sparkles ------------------------------ 1
  • Approach Her Temple or Mind The Gap -------- 0
  • Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own ------------------------- 5
  • Leave the video nameless -------------------------- 2
AlMoStLeGeNdArY said:
I really hope the combo video doesn't have Zelda sucks in the title. Can you guys just call it a Zelda Boards compilation video.
Its up to you guys. I couldn't really care less about what the video is called, I only need the name so I know what to put into the intro. If the majority votes that the video should not have a name it'll be left nameless.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Change my vote to leaving it nameless, plz.

Why do y'all have to add sparkles to every****ingthing........ -_-

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Just call it a SWF Zelda compilation combo vid and leave it at that. It really doesn't need to be anything other than that. Don't go with the majority their ****ing idiots.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I don't mind giving it a name! I think it should be tasteful... I agree with Zelda Compilation Vid, maybe with a short subtitle such as *wink wink* SHOES *nudge nudge*

@Legendary:- no need for that tone in here please. Let's lighten up. I hope you're excited for the compilation vid as much as we all are!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I am excited for it however, I don't agree with naming the video Zelda sucks...or anything of that nature.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The Smash World Forums Zelda Compilation Video.

Wisdom and Witchcraft.

Sage of Ages.

Nayru's Icon.

Oracle of Pwnage.

i unno.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Just to clarify some things with the names: the reason why I completely replaced Zelda Sucks with Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own is that it would be pointless to vote between two names so similar to each other and I'm almost 100% sure that the latter would get more votes between the two.

Also, if it so happens the video will be left nameless it'll be called SWF Zelda Compilation Video or some of its derivatives, so that's why none of those are on the list.

Here's the updated situation... if I counted the votes right. (I really have no idea)

• shoes ---------------------------------------------------- 1
  • Shiny ---------------------------------------------------- 0
  • Low tier my *** -------------------------------------- 2
  • Sexy Poses & Sparkles ------------------------------ 1
  • Approach Her Temple or Mind The Gap ------- 1
  • Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own ------------------------ 4
  • Leave the video nameless ------------------------- 3
  • Wisdom and Witchcraft ------------------------------0
  • Sage of Ages -------------------------------------------0
  • Nayru's Icon --------------------------------------------0
  • Oracle of Pwnage -------------------------------------0

MrEh

Smash Hero
I recall people voting for Zelda Sucks, not Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own. There's a difference between the two, a big difference. Adding sparkles to everything is just annoying at this point, and honestly, it's extremely forced.

The Zelda Community Guide, Now With Added Sparkles!!!

Zelda Likes Sparkles: Zelda General Discussion

Even though these aren't real names, it shows that sometimes...you just need to lay off the sparkles. Adding it to everything is obnoxious, as does adding "Own", "Pwn", or variations thereof. This is a community video, and it should be treated a bit more professionally then say...some 13 year old kid who just titled his MW2 highlight video.

My vote goes to nameless, like "Zelda Community Exhibition Video" or something. I don't care what it is, as long as it's along those lines.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I recall people voting for Zelda Sucks, not Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own. There's a difference between the two, a big difference. Adding sparkles to everything is just annoying at this point, and honestly, it's extremely forced.

The Zelda Community Guide, Now With Added Sparkles!!!

Zelda Likes Sparkles: Zelda General Discussion

Even though these aren't real names, it shows that sometimes...you just need to lay off the sparkles. Adding it to everything is obnoxious, as does adding "Own", "Pwn", or variations thereof. This is a community video, and it should be treated a bit more professionally then say...some 13 year old kid who just titled his MW2 highlight video.

My vote goes to nameless, like "Zelda Community Exhibition Video" or something. I don't care what it is, as long as it's along those lines.
You know, I actually agree with everything in this post. However, no matter how you look at the situation and count the votes, the title Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own had a clear lead compared to it's predecessor and would've won the battle between the two. That's why I removed the other and told people to tell me if they wanted to change their vote.

However, I think I'll close the voting now. It's already pretty obvious what the people want, and it's separated between two opinions. Luckily I think I have a way to satisfy (or dissatisfy, fair game either way) both of the groups.

Edit: Feel free to still voice your opinions and give your suggestions through this thread although the voting has ended.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm gonna steal MrEh's suggestion for the guide and vote for Zelda Sucks.

Dead ***.
Zelda Sucks is also a suitable name.

It's simple, it speaks the truth, and doesn't sound whiny like you're trying to prove something. I find it clever.
Or you could just do Zelda Sucks.
+3 for Zelda Sucks.

Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own.
Please choose this name ;____;
Definetly this one.
+4 for Zelda Sucks, Sparkles Own.

Where are you getting that the sparkles one was way ahead? Lol.

Anyways, I don't care what it's named since I probably won't even watch it tbqh, but the sparkles thing is really really irritating. I'd get into it more, but MrEh already explained everything.

You also have to remember that the video is primarily to exhibit Zelda's potential (lol) to people outside of the community, and they won't get whatever attachment y'all have to sparkles. They'll just look at it and see a dumb *** title (no offense to whoever came up with it). It doesn't have mass appeal.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Where are you getting that the sparkles one was way ahead? Lol.
Partly from the fact that a lot of people moved from Zelda Sucks to the sparkles version, partly from the fact that most of the regular Zelda boarders had already voted and partly because I know some people that still could vote for the sparkles version but not nearly as many who could do th same for the original.

And mostly because I didn't really feel like juggling between two names that, albeit they give out completely different feeling, are essentially the same.

But none of this really matters now since I decided to just take the simple way and compromise.

I probably won't even watch it tbqh
You're hurting me deeply. I'm crying like a little girl right now.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
A lot of people? The only person who switched was Bandit afaik. And maybe you.

& changing the vote list just because you "know" more people will vote one way vs. another seems a lil biased imo.

Just pointing that out. If more people want sparkles, fine, but the way the poll itself was run was a little wonky.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
A lot of people? The only person who switched was Bandit afaik. And maybe you.

& changing the vote list just because you "know" more people will vote one way vs. another seems a lil biased imo.
I counted Bandit, kyokoro and "kind of" KillerJawz.

Also, just to be clear, I much prefer the nonsparkly version of the two myself.

Just pointing that out. If more people want sparkles, fine, but the way the poll itself was run was a little wonky.
Yeah, I realize that now. Oh well, everybody screws up every now and then.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Aren't you taking me serious, right? I just popped the sparkles thing randomly and some people followed me lol.

Most of us won't even be on that vid.
imo, you can make whatever you think is better for the Zelda on SWF.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh and, BTW, my vote for title would be for ANY title with the word "Sparkles" in it.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
can we just name it something unrelated, like "cheese omelette"?

hey, we might pull in some egg enthusiasts into the smash scene that way :colorful:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Lolz.

Also, how is this going o wise guru half-split from the distant Fin Land?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Moving at a Very Slow Pace.

No but seriously, the project is pretty much at a standstill right now. I've hardly started the editing and am struggling to find energy to do anything creative during the weeks after my work.

Rest assured, I'll finish this. It just might take some time.

Top Bottom