• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Great Wolf Atomsk. You should try to incorporate some jab more into your game to keep ur bair more fresh

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Who the crap is eazy? But ggs Atomsk. Did he go Wolf the whole tourney?
A good Marth/Snake from NY or was it NJ. There is Eazy, EazySeph, and just Seph. All three of them confuse me when people talk about them. >_>

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh yeah, Atomsk, use Shine more, it's a great option =) Throw in a couple shines to mix up your AD game, works wonders.
Lol yeah, good call. He's aware that he leaves out shine, but he's working on it ;D

And iirc, Eazy is from NJ and uses Marth/MK.

:059:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
EC is os gay, first there all mk, then they were all ic's, now there moving to wolf..... i guess they like losiung alot

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
EC is os gay, first there all mk, then they were all ic's, now there moving to wolf..... i guess they like losiung alot
Actually not true. Only few people actually picked up Wolf who have never used him. Anti has used Wolf for a while. Xzax and Atomsk are relatively the only new people who are picking up Wolf now.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
at least wolf is getting more rep right? and the three gull mentioned seem to be sticking with him unlike all the others who pick him up for a week or two then drop him

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
when brawl first came out i mained diddy for a bit until i unlocked wolf, and then i saw the light.
havent looked back sense, i dont think i could ever drop him, he's just too much fun to play as

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
nah, its just about sticking to your guns, i'd rather be a proud wolf than just another metaknight or snake, winning is fun but i'd rather be proud of myself than a winner

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Do you have any idea how good you have to be to win anything regional or higher? I'd be A-okay with being a MK main and me as a player being able to win a regional. That takes a lot of skill, you have to be original and beat people who know the matchup inside and out.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
well yeah, if you're good enough with a mk or snake or any character to place in a regional tournament then that's fine, that's an enormous amount of skill and knowledge, i just dont like it when people choose a character they don't like just because they know its easier to win with regardless or not you know the mu's and how to play intelligently. i know its all about winning, nothing else really factors in. i'm just saying that I myself feel better when i win a disadvantageous match up against a better character. if i lose i like to know its because the player out played me, not that his character was the only reason he did well at all.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
I dont mind losing so when I do actually win it makes it a lot better

I just play for fun if i wanted to win i would just pick up ICs again :p

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Things I liked:
-You have your usmash -> uair follow up nailed down. Don't know why most wolfs don't do this
-Very smooth/refined playstyle.

Things I didn't like:
-Your DI can be better. MK has a really hard time killing wolf if his DI is good.

Overall:
You did a pretty good job punishing the MK when he hit your shield with attacks. There were some opportunities where his dair camping could have been punished. Things I think you should work on implementing into your game is usmash OOS and uair OOS.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Things I liked:
-You have your usmash -> uair follow up nailed down. Don't know why most wolfs don't do this
-Very smooth/refined playstyle.

Things I didn't like:
-Your DI can be better. MK has a really hard time killing wolf if his DI is good.

Overall:
You did a pretty good job punishing the MK when he hit your shield with attacks. There were some opportunities where his dair camping could have been punished. Things I think you should work on implementing into your game is usmash OOS and uair OOS.
Yea my DI was pretty bad on that fair and some of the dsmashes idk why i DIed like that for the fair tho @_@. After watching the vid again i did notice his dair camp got predictable i shuda picked up on it. And ive been trying to get used to the range on upsmash to use it Oos still not used to it tho. Thanks for the critique

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Got some more matches :D

I think i improved a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCodytVw3no (we did like 6 matches but only remembered to record them on the last one lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PcDbh-hMJI

I dont like diddys lol
also i got no idea why I let him pick FD lol.......(also SD all 3 times :( )
Nice Blargy. Yeah your wolf has gotten better. You use green wolf also. Neat. :)

Kansas Di=Desert Di:chuckle:

And uhhhh how did the Wario have a Bar as a tag????????

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I got some friendlies matches of me vs. a Snake in friendlies at HOBO 21.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwHvd3n1n4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MZZugCyWEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWdUxjgHs8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ4ayJbZa80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwIHcHpWGMg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq8YXwRMhs4

So... anything I should know about the Snake matchup that I was doing wrong, or could be doing better? (I saved more of the matches that I lost than I won since I learn more from rewatching those I lost.)

I seem to be able to do some of that tech stuff from JCav's video without getting punnished usually, and it's fun to do, so I plan on keeping that in my gameplay.

and one against Bassem's Wario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYiLMiunF4

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Blargy man, you gotta stop going to the ledge so often when you're already onstage =/ The ledge overall is an aspect of your game you need to work on, as well as DI. There's definitely loads of improvement going on though, nice :)

KRD, I watched the first bit of the first Snake vid, saw the mindgames going on when you went under SV, and it made my day. I rewatched it about 5 times, I can just imagine the look on the Snake's face xD Good job.

I'm done for now :p

EDIT: Don't remember many specifics, besides that you did a great job of implementing JCav's tech tricks. Nice ;D

:059:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Warning: Newbie trying to comment on a video alert. 99% chance he has no idea what he is talking about. Take the following with a grain of salt.

I saw you going for the Nair gimp. Just theorycrafting, but try a jumpshine after a successful offstage Nair. It might force him into a position where he has to up B. If he's still in position to side B after that, you should be able to hit him again with another Shine and still be able to recover to the ledge. Still, you did fine punishing his side B to the center, so it might not be necessary.

You probably know this already, but if you aren't going to camp the platforms, practice SDI -> tech the spike. That thing is a flow changer when it lands.

Quick thing I noticed. You like to airdodge after getting hit by Falco's side B. He caught on that and punished your third stock with a grab.

When he started losing in the third match, he turned up his camping hardcore and went for grabs. I liked how you Blastered his landing, trading laser hits and coming out ahead. Personally, I think you should try that a bit more until he stops using the silent laser so liberally. Your Fairs (especially the full hop ones, which were probably supposed to be Bairs) were getting punished. When you Blastered when he wasn't blastering, you got punished (got grabbed). Jumping in general when he was still lasering got you hurt. When you went for the kill, trying but failing to perfect shield your way in (you got close to some perfect shields!), you got punished. You did well for the most part by out damaging him - Bair does more than his laser does - but when the laser successfully sets up a Usmash kill or a Chaingrab, it can turn the entire match around.

If he's really being that campy, it feels like your best option is to be campy back. Trade Blaster hits at lower percents to come out ahead. If you're that far ahead on the same stock and don't want to trade Blaster hits, Jumpshine at a safe distance until he gets pressured by the clock to approach. If he's less campy or you're at a percent where Chaingrabs and Usmash kills aren't an issue, go Bair wall to hopefully take the lead.

I have practically no Falco experience, so I could be totally wrong. Meh.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Your Wolf is really solid, I would suggest that in the last match, when the stocks were 2 to 1, just camp the smashville platform and let him laser you to about 30%, that way he can't chaingrab to spike.
Thanks I know i shuda camped that stock i jus got to anxious to try to finish the match and it cost me he capitalized on the opening. I'll have to learn to play more patient in this matchup.

Warning: Newbie trying to comment on a video alert. 99% chance he has no idea what he is talking about. Take the following with a grain of salt.

I saw you going for the Nair gimp. Just theorycrafting, but try a jumpshine after a successful offstage Nair. It might force him into a position where he has to up B. If he's still in position to side B after that, you should be able to hit him again with another Shine and still be able to recover to the ledge. Still, you did fine punishing his side B to the center, so it might not be necessary.

You probably know this already, but if you aren't going to camp the platforms, practice SDI -> tech the spike. That thing is a flow changer when it lands.

Quick thing I noticed. You like to airdodge after getting hit by Falco's side B. He caught on that and punished your third stock with a grab.

When he started losing in the third match, he turned up his camping hardcore and went for grabs. I liked how you Blastered his landing, trading laser hits and coming out ahead. Personally, I think you should try that a bit more until he stops using the silent laser so liberally. Your Fairs (especially the full hop ones, which were probably supposed to be Bairs) were getting punished. When you Blastered when he wasn't blastering, you got punished (got grabbed). Jumping in general when he was still lasering got you hurt. When you went for the kill, trying but failing to perfect shield your way in (you got close to some perfect shields!), you got punished. You did well for the most part by out damaging him - Bair does more than his laser does - but when the laser successfully sets up a Usmash kill or a Chaingrab, it can turn the entire match around.

If he's really being that campy, it feels like your best option is to be campy back. Trade Blaster hits at lower percents to come out ahead. If you're that far ahead on the same stock and don't want to trade Blaster hits, Jumpshine at a safe distance until he gets pressured by the clock to approach. If he's less campy or you're at a percent where Chaingrabs and Usmash kills aren't an issue, go Bair wall to hopefully take the lead.

I have practically no Falco experience, so I could be totally wrong. Meh.
Actually everything you said seems about right. Thanks alot for the critique its very helpful and pointed out some of my critical mistakes and bad habits

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious; how is Nado punished? As in, if the MK only uses it to kill any chance of you recovering from the ledge...can you reliable SDI out -> Shine it? I've been trying that for the longest time and failing miserably.

Also, it means nothing coming from me, but I think you did very well all things considered.

Ally plays MK like it's Snake. Stays on the ground a lot, predicts, and punishes. No aircamping; he rarely uses his multijump. In general (there were exceptions, like when you read his spotdodge and Usmashed him), it felt like the longer he was in the air, the better you did.

I personally think that the way Ally played really limits Wolf's options (rising aerials aren't as useful), makes it easier to punish Wolf (like Dsmashing or dash -> whatever your landings, PS your Blasters), while keeping himself extremely safe. I have no good matchup experience though, so I can't say for sure. Maybe an aircamping MK is just as hard to punish *shrugs*.

If you can safely zone (includes landing safely) and punish a MK who stays close to the ground, you'll do better against this style of MK. Maybe rely on SHs. That or figure out how to get him in the air and keep it to an air to air battle. Maybe Uthrows, Bthrows, trying to punish with Usmash, etc. Or maybe play on stages with platforms, where you might be able to lure him into the air. Getting stuck on a platform sucks, but if you can reliably platform drop OoS -> Shine, you might be able to avoid punishment. Dunno, just theorycraft ideas.

When you do reach new conclusions in the Wolf vs MK matchup, post vids so Wolf players like me can learn. :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hi. I'm back for... now.
Kain you were doing every thing very well. I was loveing your recovery choice for the most part. keep tack of your jumps, that second stock in the second video you had the ledge there.
Um... just space your back airs better you kept giving him sheild grabs with bair which should never happen. Also go for sheild pokes with bair. Ally would poke through his sheild a lot in those matches and you never took advantage of it,
lazer more extra damage more refresh you force approaches.

Top Bottom