• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Gah777

Smash Lord
lol you caried that metaknight. i found it funny how you did better without a teammate

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lol you caried that metaknight. i found it funny how you did better without a teammate
Because Wolf is a solo character. I've said this for awhile. His metagame revolves around Bair walls, spacing spacing spacing, mindgames, and other things that a partner just gets in the way to the point Wolf should just stand back, Laser and Shine to avoid things.

Though Wolf's Dthrow does help set up your partner for some great combos. Also his Dsmash is good for killing an opponent.

Wolf is an assist character in teams play, but when alone and has to do 2v1 or 1v1, then he is a great character for that sort of thing.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Great matches your wolf moves fast O_O. LOL against Takeover you shuda hopped on the platform and cypher grabbed him last stock 2nd match wuda been hilarious. You don't really camp vs Snake. Also im starting to think if you get caught in Snake's nair its best to jus DI towards him and shine. Thots?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Great matches your wolf moves fast O_O. LOL against Takeover you shuda hopped on the platform and cypher grabbed him last stock 2nd match wuda been hilarious. You don't really camp vs Snake. Also im starting to think if you get caught in Snake's nair its best to jus DI towards him and shine. Thots?
Nair is faster. Mk's Uair works because it comes out in 2 frames. Also Kain, tell me about that tourney you went too. Did you lose to Boss 2-0? =o.

Welcome to the "I lost to Boss club." And Coney is the D3 from Md/Va I have to deal with. Gayuhz.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Learn your grab range...

Be more aware of grenades, when you can pick it up, when you accidentally pick it up with a move, when its going to explode. Don't use Fthrow as much. The only time I can see it being useful is if you're standing on a grenade, Dthrow puts them more at a disadvantage near the ledge and Bthrow puts him closer to you vertically for followups. He's hitting you a lot with the second hit of Ftilt, hold shield a little bit longer, Jumpshine and reset the distance, etc.

Turn away to Fsmash is too good.

You seem to use getup attack a lot...

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Nair is faster. Mk's Uair works because it comes out in 2 frames. Also Kain, tell me about that tourney you went too. Did you lose to Boss 2-0? =o.

Welcome to the "I lost to Boss club." And Coney is the D3 from Md/Va I have to deal with. Gayuhz.
I believe you can shine out theres vids where ive done it and i do it alot during matches.

I got mindgamed into an Up B =O. The way he plays is weird as hell tho I felt like i was in a slump playing him right after losing to Judge but no johns. Luigi's broken :laugh: EC has good *** DI. I played all of them at least once some kinda way. And yea Coney's D3 is very gay XD but he's a cool *** guy was fun playing him and talking with him

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I believe you can shine out theres vids where ive done it and i do it alot during matches.

I got mindgamed into an Up B =O. The way he plays is weird as hell tho I felt like i was in a slump playing him right after losing to Judge but no johns. Luigi's broken :laugh: EC has good *** DI. I played all of them at least once some kinda way. And yea Coney's D3 is very gay XD but he's a cool *** guy was fun playing him and talking with him
Yeah, Coney is hilarious and fun to hang with, but his D3 is sooooooooooo gay.

Boss Luigi is broken. Beat me 2-1 last time. Makes me think Luigi is B tier. O_O

rvkevin

Smash Lord
How exactly does this work out?

:059:
Wolf beats Snake in the air, and offstage. When Wolf is in the air and Snake is on the ground, Wolf is significantly faster than him. Blaster is an annoyance for Snake. Fair, Utilt, Uair, AAA, Bthrow are good at putting Snake in the air. Its hard for Snake to punish Bair. Snakes ledge options are horrendous. Is that enough?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That's plenty :3 Not to mention the little things like shining out of nair and having the maximum forward roll to make dthrow chains difficult to pull off.

I can see that, counter as in (if we were to use numbers) 60-40, about? And can't he punish landing bairs with dash attack?

tekkie

Smash Master
this board is off its collective rocker if it considers wolf a snake counter. maaaaybe even, but its not like wolf has stuff that cant be worked around.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I can see that, counter as in (if we were to use numbers) 60-40, about? And can't he punish landing bairs with dash attack?
More like counter in the form of 50-50 or 55-45 (Hey, considering some people consider Diddy or Snake a MK counter when they collectively loses to MK, a 50-50 or 55-45 match up with an S tier could be considered a counter)...but with Snakes not really playing Wolfs it would be inflated from match up inexperience. I doubt he would be able to punish Bairs on shield with Dash Attack because of the lag from dropping shield, but he probably could if you missed. I have enough trouble punishing Bairs with Utilt when Perfect Shielding...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
More like counter in the form of 50-50 or 55-45 (Hey, considering some people consider Diddy or Snake a MK counter when they collectively loses to MK, a 50-50 or 55-45 match up with an S tier could be considered a counter)...but with Snakes not really playing Wolfs it would be inflated from match up inexperience. I doubt he would be able to punish Bairs on shield with Dash Attack because of the lag from dropping shield, but he probably could if you missed. I have enough trouble punishing Bairs with Utilt when Perfect Shielding...
I've played Takeover ALOT in Wolf vs Snake. We pretty much guess each other's games by now.

In the matchup Wolf vs Snake it's like the Marth vs Snake matchup. That's the closest similarity. Both Juggle with Uairs and get Snake in the air. Marth just spaces Fairs rather then Wolf who spaces Bairs. Wolf also has a projectile and Shine. But Marth is much safer on shield then Wolf is. And killing Snake is such a pain.
Looks like someone name searched themselves. I DEED IT. IM THE BEST MAYNE!

Coney is best D3.http://xat.com/images/sm/xday.swf

Coney

Smash Master
hell yeah i name searched, i deeeeed it.

it's funny, ddd is so gay to you guys, but mk is so gay to us, it just ain't fair :<

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol. That makes more sense :p

D3 really isn't that bad, so long as the smallstep cg is banned >_____>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ish update the thread plz. There are new Jumpman vids up vs Domo, Hylian and others.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
But nobody posts them here ;________;

You guys know how lazy I am. Post one vid from each set over here and I'll take care of the rest ;D

Top Bottom