• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
oh man Kain, during the 2nd video when ally tried recovering with the drill and you edge hogged him then jumped up at the last moment when he popped up in lag and dsmashed him...it was beautiful, brought a tear to my eye

also, as a snake main I'm incredibly disheartened that ally is now also using MK, how shameful

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
when you guys realize, that the only characters in this game that havea chance of winning are mk and snake (mainly mk) you will either 1) quit 2) play mk

ally realized this and is now playing to win

tekkie

Smash Master
when you guys realize, that the only characters in this game that havea chance of winning are mk and snake (mainly mk) you will either 1) quit 2) play mk

i'm picking up snake and mk lol

but i'll always frown upon people who have to use him. i'll only use MK in a ditto. (and i wont be ****ing happy about it either)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
good tekkie, money is nice but dignity is better XD i still think ally should've stuck with snake and just kept getting better :/ i know its ally and he's awesome but... really? he just gave up

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'll probably never use MK though! :D I just don't like using him, kinda boring to me. Then again, I'm one of those people that doesn't expect to ever win a tourny.

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
same here, i play wolf for gods sake! XD lol kidding aside i play MK in friendlies and just to spaz out, seriously have you ever just jumped around and mashed buttons with him? its so fun, and sadly it gets you somewhere against ok players ^^;;

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
After reading through the entire video thread I realized good Wolfs don't exist compared to how they used to (Kash, Zen, Chexr, Candy, Equi). Dieing character. I guess I gotta step it up for my fellow Wolfs and place better then 9th next tourney. :)

I'll get vids later this week when I go to pound 4. I think me, Xzax, and Mitsurugi can get some good matches in and put them up on youtube.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
seagull... u forgot lucien whose wolf back then is still better than 99% of wolfs today.

He's actually better than nearly all of those wolfs that you just mentioned

tekkie

Smash Master
and germ.

but honestly now that everyone is good at this game its hard to stand out with a sort of okay but pretty not that great at all character

actually after going back and watching videos of really old wolf players the game has changed so much. they might have been good for their time but they'd get wrecked now.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
seagull... u forgot lucien whose wolf back then is still better than 99% of wolfs today.

He's actually better than nearly all of those wolfs that you just mentioned
and germ.

but honestly now that everyone is good at this game its hard to stand out with a sort of okay but pretty not that great at all character

actually after going back and watching videos of really old wolf players the game has changed so much. they might have been good for their time but they'd get wrecked now.
Yeah, I know those two also. I just didn't feel like making my list big. I was just naming the more recent players from the video thread who quit Wolf or stopped playing brawl all together. Lucien and Germ weren't in the time this thread was dumped and started again. If you look at the post after the opening one it's November. So this thread has been post dumped before.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Sad but basically true :<

I think Ally picked MK up for D3 though, mostly.

Kain, as everyone else said, **** vids :)

Idk about the "old" players. If they still played today, yes, they'd be great. But looking back, we've progressed a lot since summer 08, so... it's not too fair to judge, I suppose.

EDIT: yeah what Tekkie said.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i remember watching an old lucien versus jem match where he survived a CG dair spike before it was known you could SDI it into the ledge and i was like O_O "you can ****ing do that?!"
they were very very good, especially germ. but i think since brawl has gotten steadily gayer and gayer in terms of tactics that they wouldn't fair so well now :/
yeah what tekkie said <3

Bead

Smash Ace
I've recently taken a break and since then I believe that my wolf has improved. I would like him to improve some more. I know I don't really talk very much on the Wolf boards but I'm gonna try and become more social all hopefully get recognized.

From what I can tell I need to improve mixing up my recovery and less baiting with Fsmash. Any other suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p18gzxFwwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0tMeijNns

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've recently taken a break and since then I believe that my wolf has improved. I would like him to improve some more. I know I don't really talk very much on the Wolf boards but I'm gonna try and become more social all hopefully get recognized.

From what I can tell I need to improve mixing up my recovery and less baiting with Fsmash. Any other suggestions?

The recovery choice of actually side b'ing on the stage was pretty bad and you got punished for it everytime. Just use a get up attack, roll behind, fair jump onto stage, etc...

Also don't do falling shine all the time because you can always air dodge or move away altogether.

Gah777

Smash Lord

From the 1st vid:

Don't always shine into people (Seagull said this already) because you can get punished for it if your opponent is playing smarter (I used to do that a lot, but i stopped cause i kept getting punished for it) jumpshines are generally better, but falling shines do have their uses.

Grab release is a no no unless the opponent has no other option faster than 4 frames (shields come out on frame 1, so...) just throwing the opponent is usually a better option.

Usually when marth starts using shieldbreaker more, that means he's noticing that you tend to sit in shield.

Try to get better at stage control. I noteced at least a few times you would give up the center stage (prime wolf terretory) and move to the ledge (not such a good spot). Also, it seems your useage of the laser could use a little improvement.

Work on your DI

Hope that helps, i'm still working on my wolf myself ;)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nice sig Gah xD

@ Bead: Lots of good points were already brought up, I won't repeat those, but there are still quite a few things I'd like to point out.

1: DI a lot better, and learn to momentum cancel. Momentum cancelling is where you use an aerial when you get hit to recover from hitstun quicker, and then jump. Wolf should nair (or uair, or bair, but those are 1-2% less effective) and double jump immediately afterwards if he is hit sideways, and dair if sent vertically.
Also somewhat related, recover better. SideBs onto the stage are seriously not the greatest (you also had a few random sideBs on stage, didn't go as horribly as I thought it might've but consider being a bit more careful with those), try to work on your recovery in general I guess. Staying on the ledge for long isn't a great idea either, so try to get back on stage quickly and safely.

2: Running into your opponent. Don't do that x_x A lot of the times Marth would stop his DB or something and dash back > pivot grab, and you'd roll right into it almost every time. Catch onto those things, and rolling towards your opponent is in general a bad idea. You would also move towards your opponent all the time in the air, practically throwing yourself into Marth's blade. That's bad, try to pay more attention to your spacing. Bair and fair have great range, take advantage of it :) Oh, and also work on getting out of juggles a bit :p

3: Think more. A lot of the time it seemed like you'd go on autopilot (bair wall > fsmash, very random/sporadic fsmashes, FH nairs when opponent wouldn't get hit and could easily punish, etc), and that's something you need to overcome. Think about everything you're doing, actively play the game and observe your opponent's habits, find out what tricks you're falling for that you can avoid, and then you can really start to improve your game.

4: I totally agree with the crawling thing :< Also, I liked your music lol. You seemed to make good use of the blaster + sh blaster wall, but I feel like a few too many shots were fired and your opponent was close enough to punish them... even though they didn't >_> but yeah lol. Try to play a little bit safer overall I suppose, you were getting hit in general a lot more than you should have =/

Annnnnnd done lol. Keep at it :)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its kinda hard to judge that vid due to what seems to be some lag but i'll try to point some things out that i noticed.

You're being way too aggressive against that MK, wolf does better if you stay back a bit, fire off some lasers and wait for an opening. a full frontal assault on him will just get you beat up as you may have noticed. i like that you used jab quite a bit and that you -tried- using nair to pseudo combo but have you ever heard of bair? its a wonderful move, try to start using it more, get the spacing down and spam it like there's no tomorrow. Dont just throw out random fsmashes like you were doing, its ending lag is just dreadful and the mk was punishing you for using them too frivolously. remember that blaster beats nado.

Dont use grounded shine so often, instead try using it in the air for when you want to get back to the stage as it'll grant you a free pass through one move if your timing is good and it'll beat out any aerial thrown at you, from what i could see you kept falling into a similar pattern, blaster, fsmash then dsmash or nair and the mk picked up on this and started reading you. try to mix it up, although you get points for actually trying to hit with utilt and dtilt

can someone go to 2:57 and please tell me that the glide attack missed and didnt clank with that nair O_O
um well, try to work on your DI as well, i can't really explain how to do that very well so someone else is going to have to do that XD all in all i thought your wolf was a solid effort just unpolished, try reading up on him in the threads we have to get a better feel for his move set.
welcome to the wolf boards! <3

Meta_Ridley89

Smash Rookie
Well, in a positive case, this video has been posted before I come on these boards so I might have another video. This time, I'm spamming the Blaster and it worked very against Lash (Falco) and the shine too at the beginning (stopping the Side-Special). Bair also cancelled the FB.

Concerning the glide attack, it didn't work, of course. But it was unexpected so it might be another tool for Wolf's users.

I'll post my new video later.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you should really go to the wolf chat sometime and ask for pointers/ matches against some of us, it may be wifi but you can learn a lot that way

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Vs. MK: Missed way too many uairs, way too many random nairs that had no use (but hey at least now we know that nair clanks w/ glide attack... somehow O.o), don't stand in one spot so much, work on your recovery and not getting gimped in general.

I'd critique more, but there's only so much I understand about wifi >_> not going to watch 2nd vid, what Gah said :/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Xyro is not sure if this was posted but he post it anyway. It is a **** good fight on both sides. BTW, is the last kill in the 2nd vid legit? if so....HOLY ****!

Kain(wolf) vs Zeton(fox)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuos99OCHVE
Yeah, spacies side b's are pitiful when it comes to priority. Nair already steals jumps. Nair also beats Sonic's spin dash. Nair>Jumpshine is legit combo. Just no one does it lol.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
aww thats too bad, you made it to match 5 right? at least that match will be cool. someone upload it

Top Bottom