• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'm finding this really hard to explain...but like, be more precise in your play, if that makes sense. What I mean is you do a lot of seemingly unnecessary stuff, and you misjudge things a lot. I know what that's like, I had the exact same problem - I was whiffing a TON of crap unintentionally, and believe me, your play DOES suffer from whiffing a lot. Because those are precious frames that you could be using to set up for other things, or account for one of their options, or whatever. So yeah, try to be sure that if you mean to hit with an attack - that you hit with it, and that if you mean to whiff that attack, then you whiff it.

This is my honest opinion, it could be WiFi, it could be something else, but the overall level of play didn't seem very high. There was the precision thing I mentioned, and then...you guys just weren't adapting to each other, or predicting each other. It was just like...Idk, it seemed like you had a set playstyle and then sorta went with it. Idk, adapt more, and adapt faster. Don't try the same crap over and over =)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I wanted to go to Lolis this weekend Omniswell so I could show you my Wolf in person and Wolf ditto you. Tko and Shado from Md/Va went. Wish I didn't have work. =/.
I need to find a job go to LoLis again. All the Wolves are going. :(

Also, I have a couple vids from my first set of a tourney I won Nov 13th. They aren't very good bc it was the beginning of the tournament and the Snake I faced was a scrub. But you can see an awesome spike on Battlefield which pretty much ended the set...alot of mindgames went on in match 2 of Smashville as a result and I can tell I gave him alot of tournament jitters. I'll upload them later.

I wish the match against my friend in the winners' finals could be uploaded. I got a Bair stage spike on his Pit at Lylat Cruise. T'was epic.

I might be able to find a match of the grand finals where I went Snake against this guy's Falco, but I doubt it. =(

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I'm finding this really hard to explain...but like, be more precise in your play, if that makes sense. What I mean is you do a lot of seemingly unnecessary stuff, and you misjudge things a lot. I know what that's like, I had the exact same problem - I was whiffing a TON of crap unintentionally, and believe me, your play DOES suffer from whiffing a lot. Because those are precious frames that you could be using to set up for other things, or account for one of their options, or whatever. So yeah, try to be sure that if you mean to hit with an attack - that you hit with it, and that if you mean to whiff that attack, then you whiff it.

This is my honest opinion, it could be WiFi, it could be something else, but the overall level of play didn't seem very high. There was the precision thing I mentioned, and then...you guys just weren't adapting to each other, or predicting each other. It was just like...Idk, it seemed like you had a set playstyle and then sorta went with it. Idk, adapt more, and adapt faster. Don't try the same crap over and over =)
I do need to be more loose with my playstyle, sadly I don't see much outside of bair's then laser and etc, Thank you :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I need to find a job go to LoLis again. All the Wolves are going. :(

Also, I have a couple vids from my first set of a tourney I won Nov 13th. They aren't very good bc it was the beginning of the tournament and the Snake I faced was a scrub. But you can see an awesome spike on Battlefield which pretty much ended the set...alot of mindgames went on in match 2 of Smashville as a result and I can tell I gave him alot of tournament jitters. I'll upload them later.

I wish the match against my friend in the winners' finals could be uploaded. I got a Bair stage spike on his Pit at Lylat Cruise. T'was epic.

I might be able to find a match of the grand finals where I went Snake against this guy's Falco, but I doubt it. =(
That'd be so cool. Me, DarkLouis, Omniswell, Jimbo, and Sumer all at one event. =D

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Space better in general. Wolf has a lot more range on the ground so don't get too close to Pika where he can Dsmash, Grab, etc., but be close enough for things like Jab, Ftilt, etc. Always DI out of Dsmash. When he's on the edge, don't blaster on the edge...Don't even stand that close. Stand a little farther back and you're so much safer, even in shield, because you can't be pushed offstage. FH Blaster is good to use and it increases you mobility. Instead of Dsmashing when they're too close, consider either retreating AC Fair, or Pivot Grab. You're predictable on the edge, you use get up attack too much, look into Blaster Planking. I don't know why people do this, but never Side B above the stage. The only time you should land on the stage is if they edgehog and you scar through the platform, if they don't edgehog you grab the ledge.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
The only time you should land on the stage is if they edgehog and you scar through the platform, if they don't edgehog you grab the ledge.
But if you scar through the platform, it's a free ledge hopped aerial for them. So SOMETIMES taking the risk of Side B'ing high is worth it if they edgehog.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
But if you scar through the platform, it's a free ledge hopped aerial for them. So SOMETIMES taking the risk of Side B'ing high is worth it if they edgehog.
Not always, there are times when Diddy can't even Fair Wolf after his Side B. It just depends on how close you are to the stage. And lets say they do edge hog and you Side B high, you're still going to be punished because A: You've signaled your intention to land on stage and B: you have more lag and they can charge a smash since if you did it lower (or if they did grab the ledge, punish with an aerial), it forces them to shield and have less time to charge a smash because of shield stun. The only reason to Side B high is if you're trying to illusion cancel, in which chances are you won't be able to be punished.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
if you come let me know, i'll house you guys if you need it.
Thanks Omniswell. I also want to play AtotheZ since I talk to him a lot. He has a jew-fro, but isn't jewish. LOL

See, told you guys, Omniswell is mad chill :)

Does anyone else ever feel like this is our social thread half the time?

:059:
Yeah this is the new social thread kinda. And Omniswell is my favorite Wario/ 2nd favorite Wolf to watch (I play JJ too much and his Wolf soooooo good).

:017: <<<<Pidgeotto!

Gah777

Smash Lord
Idk if you seen my last post so I'm posting again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8j2ldg7YTk
critique please
It doesn't really look like anyone critiqued this, so i'll give it a shot...

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Get more better music for your videos!!! Seriously I muted that crap. Next time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXyhK06cAbE

First off i'll give my overall impressions of the match, then i'll go into detail a bit. You'll have to forgive me since i'm not the most experienced Wolf player.

Anyways, here goes:

I noticed you recovered on-stage a lot. I'm not sure if that's what you're supposed to do against pika (probably not, i'm guessing) or if that's just a bad habit you've developed. Recovering onstage is highly punishable. It also looks like you could improve you're blaster game a bit. Pika's a small target, but he's still hitable in the air with blaster. It also seems like you got predictable with your grounded reflector. Mix it up a bit with jumpshines. The end... what happened there? I know pika had gotten used to you countering the chaingrab with shine so he shielded, let you fall (you used your double jump at this point) then pika edgegrabed... what I don't understand is the going under the stage and bairing part... why didn't you try to recover?

0:50- jump blaster, bair, and jumpshine might help if he's QACing all over the stage
1:26- instead of trying for the spike I would have recommended you reset your spacing and pressure by a different means (blaster, etc.)
1:42- that is way too close for blastering, especially when on the defensive
1:55- NO
2:03- favorite part of the match lol
2:37- hung from the ledge too long?
2:48- not enough time to punish out of the flash's landing lag. I think you're lucky you didn't get punished. either don't chase like that or use flash cancel to slide away if you make a mistake like that.
3:30- ...wtf... T_T

Well you're wolf is pretty good (prolly better than mine) but you also have you're fair share of bad habits and things to improve on.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't really look like anyone critiqued this, so i'll give it a shot...

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Get more better music for your videos!!! Seriously I muted that crap. Next time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXyhK06cAbE

First off i'll give my overall impressions of the match, then i'll go into detail a bit. You'll have to forgive me since i'm not the most experienced Wolf player.

Anyways, here goes:

I noticed you recovered on-stage a lot. I'm not sure if that's what you're supposed to do against pika (probably not, i'm guessing) or if that's just a bad habit you've developed. Recovering onstage is highly punishable. It also looks like you could improve you're blaster game a bit. Pika's a small target, but he's still hitable in the air with blaster. It also seems like you got predictable with your grounded reflector. Mix it up a bit with jumpshines. The end... what happened there? I know pika had gotten used to you countering the chaingrab with shine so he shielded, let you fall (you used your double jump at this point) then pika edgegrabed... what I don't understand is the going under the stage and bairing part... why didn't you try to recover?

0:50- jump blaster, bair, and jumpshine might help if he's QACing all over the stage
1:26- instead of trying for the spike I would have recommended you reset your spacing and pressure by a different means (blaster, etc.)
1:42- that is way too close for blastering, especially when on the defensive
1:55- NO
2:03- favorite part of the match lol
2:37- hung from the ledge too long?
2:48- not enough time to punish out of the flash's landing lag. I think you're lucky you didn't get punished. either don't chase like that or use flash cancel to slide away if you make a mistake like that.
3:30- ...wtf... T_T

Well you're wolf is pretty good (prolly better than mine) but you also have you're fair share of bad habits and things to improve on.
I'd like to thank you for taking ur time to critique my video, yes I do have lot's of bad habits but i'm doing my best to eliminate that, yes 1:55 should be a NO lolz and why is 2:03 ur fav part, maybe cuz i grabbed him. I will try the bairs and jumpshine for the QACing. Thanks again

Gah777

Smash Lord
I'd like to thank you for taking ur time to critique my video, yes I do have lot's of bad habits but i'm doing my best to eliminate that, yes 1:55 should be a NO lolz and why is 2:03 ur fav part, maybe cuz i grabbed him. I will try the bairs and jumpshine for the QACing. Thanks again
Yeah no problem. 2:03 was my favorite part because you ducked under pikas skullbash (side b) and I thought it was funny and interesting. I've heard before that some attacks can be avoided simply by ducking, but I've never really seen anyone do it before

Healer

Smash Apprentice
If you guys don't mind critiquing/rating/commenting, here's a set I did recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssN9X_Xic18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTN7P6tFDY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgrGJwGSng

Thanks in advance.
I'm critiquing the first one, and some of these go for both of you.

the side b, then landing on the stage NO (unless your canceling which is fairly difficult IMO)

stop rolling so much (this is more to your friend not you)

I saw you grab hm, then throw him up, it's usually best to dthrow him places him in an awkward place to fsmash him, blaster, and other stuff

Nice center stage keeping

For MCing horizantally (this accompanies your DI) nair
For MCing vert Dair

Also can someone clarify whether he's using his shine right, it doesn't seem correct but idk i don't really use shine as much as i used to T.T

My two cents.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i would try to keep from throwing out all those upsmashes, it looked like you were both getting punished or should've been getting punished for a lot of them other than that healers advice seems pretty sound. nice ditto matches though

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I am way too lazy to critique vids, so I'll see what I can do with the last one (I watched them all before).

K9 got mad serious on you here lol. I'm going to sound a lot like Arc here, but play smarter. Don't fall for the same stuff over and over, work on being more unpredictable. For example, you'd shield after getting dthrown all the time, and get dthrown again. Don't do that, find a way to beat his approach, or react quicker when you see him dash towards you and you're in shield, etc.

K9, you've been wiping off the rust on your Wolf I see ;D

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
the side b, then landing on the stage NO (unless your canceling which is fairly difficult IMO)

stop rolling so much (this is more to your friend not you)

I saw you grab hm, then throw him up, it's usually best to dthrow him places him in an awkward place to fsmash him, blaster, and other stuff

Nice center stage keeping

For MCing horizantally (this accompanies your DI) nair
For MCing vert Dair
Never did try MCing with nair, but i'll give it a shot. As for rolling, I know -_- What would be a better option, lagless f-airing through people or in retreat? SHADing only goes so far IMO.

As for throwing lol, I threw him up because I did dthrow the entire match. Poor mindgame, but I was trying to be a little unpredictable. But even more dthrow, got it lol.

And I guess what you meant about scarring was to do it lower so I dont fall on the stage, but just slide, so I'll try doing that more also.

i would try to keep from throwing out all those upsmashes, it looked like you were both getting punished or should've been getting punished for a lot of them
I guess so, but I think it's a better move than it's given credit for sometimes.

I'm going to sound a lot like Arc here, but play smarter. Don't fall for the same stuff over and over, work on being more unpredictable. For example, you'd shield after getting dthrown all the time, and get dthrown again. Don't do that, find a way to beat his approach, or react quicker when you see him dash towards you and you're in shield, etc.
Thanks for giving me an example instead of just saying play smarter lol.

Anyways guys, thanks for the advice.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
@wolfang
for rolling, i know it's very hard to quit it, I used to love rolling, it makes us more predictable, unfortunately I forgot how I really quit doing it as much, I do remember some of the advice though. Spacing is really important if you don't want to roll as much, yes and retreating fairs will help. Also I know that I picked up rolling from CPUs, it's really unrecommended to play with CPUs (now i know why lolz) if you did play with CPUs alot, thats fine, sometimes theres noone around, I still do it, but try playing with more people.

I see what you mean about being less predictable, but uthrow would just let him get away as he did. Some stuff for being more unpredictable, ask your opponents how to do that, they would tell you and they'd probably know your most predictable moves, also use some more tilts, ftilt especially because these are some really good moves, and something extra to mix up with. Try doing other moves other than shff bair so much because after awhile it's going to get predictable. Try punishing with fsmash as well.

About the scarring, i don't remember mentioning scarring, i mentioned flash canceling (scarring= fairly easy, flash canceling= fairly difficult)

Well for the scarring, that's more for edgeguarders and huggers, so you can punish them or get away from them, the lag still occurs, unless you cancel within the scar which usually does go out as planned (wolf goes right under the stage if it's a short cancel)

Canceling is more for being unpunished when you want to use side b on the stage and you want to trick/get away from the opponent. Just an experience with falco (i know thisis a bit off topic) but I cancel with falco, the guy goes toward the spot he though I was going to land lolz, I'm still right behind him.

Oh and can someone help with the unpredictable things, I would like to know some extra tips aswell.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
are you guys waging some war to get ish to infract you? i think he's onto the plan, you're going to have to step it up gull, you dont wanna lose your troll title do you?

@wolfang, upsmash is an awesome move to use but i'm pretty sure had your opponent been closer he would've punished you for whiffing so many of them.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
but gulls honor "or lackthereof" is at stake though if he can't get in trouble he can't call himself a troll

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Hi guys. I'm only posting caz I want to get to a 1000 posts soon.

MADE YA LOOK ISHIEY

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm competing for Ish's first infraction. Tough. Ish is too nice. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What to post........

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
looks like you're going to have to step your game up then gull, ish wont get harried by normal trolls, he has too much patience for that, you need to pull out all the stops

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
No problem Wolfang :p Figured I should at least have some merit in my post lol

Lol @ this thread always encouraging high-quality Omniswell posting. I wonder if anyone would realize that this is a video thread if it wasn't in the title. No infractions for now ;) And for what it's worth, I think Omniswell is a top-tier troll.

JJ, I didn't look. But it's still pretty pathetic because I remember your post count being 730 something last week :(

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
gull is my favorite troll ><
some one should post instructions on how to capture brawl matches for me cause i'm dumb X3 then i'll add vids to our VIDEO THREAD

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
But really lol, you guys shouldn't be doing anything dumber than normal in hopes that I'll infract you.

Because anyone who has seen me on the xat knows that I don't infract, I just ban people <3

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
ish bans people for great justice!
i dont think they'll do anything bad, just troll people who dont know better

Top Bottom