• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
No problem FURnace :)

And Healer, what the heck is up with jumping offstage and then sideBing way above the stage so that you land with massive lag and get CGd? You should seriously avoid that, the only thing I can think of is that you were going for a flash cancel but it's still not worth the risk imo. Learn how to get back on stage safer, biggest point I want to make. The upB on stage, I'm surprised, it actually seems to be working towards the beginning when unexpected and from close range ._. At 2:45, just grab the ledge and your friend would've died (although if he used sideB recovery he'd make it, but still, don't just stand there on stage when an easy gimp comes along). For right after that, don't blaster from so close, a good IC will be able to punish from that distance after shielding.

:059:

Healer

Smash Apprentice
No problem FURnace :)

And Healer, what the heck is up with jumping offstage and then sideBing way above the stage so that you land with massive lag and get CGd? You should seriously avoid that, the only thing I can think of is that you were going for a flash cancel but it's still not worth the risk imo. Learn how to get back on stage safer, biggest point I want to make. The upB on stage, I'm surprised, it actually seems to be working towards the beginning when unexpected and from close range ._. At 2:45, just grab the ledge and your friend would've died (although if he used sideB recovery he'd make it, but still, don't just stand there on stage when an easy gimp comes along). For right after that, don't blaster from so close, a good IC will be able to punish from that distance after shielding.

Okay, i have a relatively understandable explanation for the random jumping, I play falco as well as wolf, and I just finished a match with falco (before that vid was made) as falco, I randomly jump off stage and side b, it's a stupid habit that apparently carried over to wolf, thanks for pointing it out, I never noticed i was doing it so much, I will stop doing that, and no I wasn't even trying to flash cancel so those were dumb moves, Which up b's on the stage, The up b's i did toward the icees, he just shielded them, or are you talking about the one in the air, diagonally? I didn't edgehog him because i'm (still) not yet confident in my speed hugging, especially on that side of the stage. Anyways thank you for critiqueing, I will do my best to eliminate my bad habits and become a better wolf player.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
No johns. lol but yeah, I see what you're saying with the sideBs. Just keep it in mind and it'll be easy to avoid :)

I meant the upBs on stage towards the ICs, you went straight through their shield and ended up on the other side (closer towards center stage, always a good thing) while landing too far away for them to punish, or at least the first two times.

I'm not confident with speed hugging at all either :( but you could've just jumped onto the ledge or shine gimped him, there was plenty of time for either. An IC offstage is a very vulnerable IC.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
you guys fail hard......

if you're clearly have no clue what youre talking about dont give advice ty

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i wasent talking about you ishey.

vs ic's all you have to do is advoid getting grab, you have a ****ing lazer for a reason spam it dont go in unless your 100% sure you can space perfectly, ac retreat fair then combo nana. GG the only way to 100% beat a good ic player is to know their tricks. this means if you dont know their tricks camp the **** out of them, but if you know what they are gonna look for go **** them. this is basic melee **** kids.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
i wasent talking about you ishey.

vs ic's all you have to do is advoid getting grab, you have a ****ing lazer for a reason spam it dont go in unless your 100% sure you can space perfectly, ac retreat fair then combo nana. GG the only way to 100% beat a good ic player is to know their tricks. this means if you dont know their tricks camp the **** out of them, but if you know what they are gonna look for go **** them. this is basic melee **** kids.
Yaaaaay :3

I mean. That's not the point :mad: lol. But yeah, you're one of the more experienced players on our boards, so don't hesitate to help out :)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
noobs.

Edit: i am not calling you guys furries, i'm more or less saying everyone in here has less than 100 posts and acts like they know it all and it angers me i dont believe anyone knows all otherwise youd be winning alot more which we all are not doing.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
well its kinda hard when i come on to the boards and i see a lot of furries and kids with puns for names playing wolf.
My name has nothing to do with a pun or furry name. My original name was Turkeywonder(Before Reflex existed), but I changed it to Seagull. I just like birds. Usually people just call me Joe now because I rather be called Joe over Seagull.

Sigh... it's been over a year... and I still don't know what an "omniswell" is
All knowing swell person. Kinda weird, but cool.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Sigh... it's been over a year... and I still don't know what an "omniswell" is
I've told you like 10,000 times. <3 JJ
My name has nothing to do with a pun or furry name. My original name was Turkeywonder(Before Reflex existed), but I changed it to Seagull. I just like birds. Usually people just call me Joe now because I rather be called Joe over Seagull.

All knowing swell person. Kinda weird, but cool.
Did i ever say it was you? i have to edit that post so kids dont think i'm talking about them. i think your name is kool tbh.

a man allergic to bees who did something to anger the bumblebee mob
hmmm, so i am a kid who angered the bee's nah that isint me i state the truth. and give what i think is correct. i'm open to all ideas as long as it isint about snake.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've told you like 10,000 times. <3 JJ

Did i ever say it was you? i have to edit that post so kids dont think i'm talking about them. i think your name is kool tbh.

hmmm, so i am a kid who angered the bee's nah that isint me i state the truth. and give what i think is correct. i'm open to all ideas as long as it isint about snake.
Thanks Omniswell. :bee:

Healer

Smash Apprentice
No johns. lol but yeah, I see what you're saying with the sideBs. Just keep it in mind and it'll be easy to avoid :)

I meant the upBs on stage towards the ICs, you went straight through their shield and ended up on the other side (closer towards center stage, always a good thing) while landing too far away for them to punish, or at least the first two times.

I'm not confident with speed hugging at all either :( but you could've just jumped onto the ledge or shine gimped him, there was plenty of time for either. An IC offstage is a very vulnerable IC.

Okay, so as a wolf in any match stay in the center because he can be easily gimped or something?

@omniswell: I know spam laser, I did that once against the ICEES and it worked out pretty well but just a question besides the ICEEs is it okay to be a pretty campy or do you HAVE to be very aggressive as a wolf player.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
healer, there should be a balance between campy/aggressive. being too campy can get predictable, as well as being aggressive. Diversity is the way to go

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Me and Ally were playing friendlies on Lylat on Saturday and last stock both over 100% and I spiked him and he was going to die but lylat messed my recovery and I lost XD

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@ Healer: Center stage is good because you prevent yourself from getting hit offstage but also make it easier to get your opponent offstage. And when any character is hit offstage, they're at a disadvantage (MK is debatable), so... yeah.

Xzax, you should've went to DSO :( How was the tournament?

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
I played ally a couple different times, once at COT4 and online a couple times. There's just something about fighting snake that annoy's me.... I can't put my finger on it, but it's not that I can't beat him or anything, it's just that I can't stand the way the match must be played out, "How" you must play against him so to speak, I never really had a problem with metaknight, I've pretty much crushed everyone I've ever fought (I've even beat M2K in a ccouple friendlies, of course he won the majority, hey he's m2k ) it's the wierd characters such as Whorio, Marth, ZSS and DDD that get me in tourney. The way you have to selectively camp them is just so annoying, my wolf is aggro/mindgames. When I have to camp it's just boring to me, probably why I only place 3rd in 4th in all of my states tournaments, btw guys, I just got moved to 5th best on the N.C. Brawl Power Rankings. I'm close to owning the state with wolf, only four more spaces.....

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Good **** Mitsurugi :)

Patient play sucks. I get all twitchy and ****, then decide to do something really stupid that costs me the game like ledgehop into a stitchface.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
You learn after a while <3

The idea is that if you are patient you have time to THINK.

But really what's more important than playing patiently/aggressively is that ability to CONTROL the pace. So whatever pace you and your opponent are playing, YOU are in control of it, and THEY aren't. That's why it's important to be able to play Wolf both quickly and a little more patiently.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Overall I'm not very patient, except with Snake, but of course, lol.

Good **** Mitsurugi :)

Patient play sucks. I get all twitchy and ****, then decide to do something really stupid that costs me the game like ledgehop into a stitchface.

I've done that one too many times against my buddies Peach, or I'll ledge hop into a Lucas dsmash. :(

My biggest mistake at the tourney I had last Saturday was I played the D3 match up completely wrong. Tried to bair into him too much, thinking I'd space his shield out, but his ****ing grab range, my god. :/

And wtf do you do against Kirby? I got completely destroyed by my buddies Kirby, she just grabbed EVERYTHING I did.

:035:

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
And wtf do you do against Kirby? I got completely destroyed by my buddies Kirby, she just grabbed EVERYTHING I did.
What was the kirby doing prior to the grabs? Was she dodging, short hop air dodging, shielding, power shield grabbing, spacing, camping, jab grabing or planking? It's one of these reasons, grab is typically a punishment, it mostly occurs when the player getting grabbed has made a mistake or whiffed an attack/recovery.

I've played many hours with chu'dat and to be honest I think the kirby vs wolf match up is a 60 kirby : 40 wolf, the gonzo is a nightmare, puts you in a bad spot if you can't perfectly DI (the gonzo is one of the easiest combos in the game, any noob can do it) even then a good or pro kirby that I have fought still has options.

Another thing is his b-air, one of the few b-airs that rivals wolf, it may be shorter range, but it has a longer lasting hit box, better for gimping, safer in close quarters, very little lag, amazing shield poke and there are a large amont of options after you hit the ground after using this attack.

Last but not least, gimping..... to say the least, it's not a difficult task, we all know that wolf already has trouble recovering on his own, muchless with a balloon with the fury of God in his feet trying to gimp you. He'll either b-air or d-air you, both are really hard to get by if the kirby knows the match up. You might be able to squeeze by the b-air if you are tricky with the timing on you flash, but the d-air, its like hitting a wall.... a rapid hitting wall that can spike you, he also can chase you with a second d-air if so happen to survive the first ensuring your demise, it stops fire wolf and wolf flash, it takes very little skill or timing to hit with..... needless to say try not to leave the stage in this match up....

My suggestion to you, watch her kirby. She's doing one of the things I listed above to grab you.

~Camping~ Counter camp harder with alot Retreating lagless F-air, well spaced B-air and fire your laser til the batteries run out.

~Dodging / Short hop air dodging~ Your gonna want to focus your game around jabbing.... alot, after being jabbed most kirby's can be juggled, try to attack you with f-air or fast falling u-air or will go for an air dodge, punish accordingly and use your shine as a counter to cover your back doors when in close range with kirby.

~Shield grabbing, spacing and power shielding~(Chu'dats favorite) Your gonna want to space.... EVERYTHING, but you don't wanna camp, the farthest away you wanna be from your opponent is tipper f-smash range, Use alot of smart lagless f-air, b-airs. Your looking for any hole where you might land that f-smash on a whiffed attack, a boost grab, jab or maybe even a suprise Boost Smash. Do NOT, NOT, NOT over use the laser when fight ppl like this, firing it more than twice in a roe can get you punished hard. It takes alot of Patient watching and focus to beat ppl who play like this, a mistake can result in you being gimped so be careful.

Maybe I should of posted this somewhere else, but hey, he asked.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What was the kirby doing prior to the grabs? Was she dodging, short hop air dodging, shielding, power shield grabbing, spacing, camping, jab grabing or planking? It's one of these reasons, grab is typically a punishment, it mostly occurs when the player getting grabbed has made a mistake or whiffed an attack/recovery.

I've played many hours with chu'dat and to be honest I think the kirby vs wolf match up is a 60 kirby : 40 wolf, the gonzo is a nightmare, puts you in a bad spot if you can't perfectly DI (the gonzo is one of the easiest combos in the game, any noob can do it) even then a good or pro kirby that I have fought still has options.

Another thing is his b-air, one of the few b-airs that rivals wolf, it may be shorter range, but it has a longer lasting hit box, better for gimping, safer in close quarters, very little lag, amazing shield poke and there are a large amont of options after you hit the ground after using this attack.

Last but not least, gimping..... to say the least, it's not a difficult task, we all know that wolf already has trouble recovering on his own, muchless with a balloon with the fury of God in his feet trying to gimp you. He'll either b-air or d-air you, both are really hard to get by if the kirby knows the match up. You might be able to squeeze by the b-air if you are tricky with the timing on you flash, but the d-air, its like hitting a wall.... a rapid hitting wall that can spike you, he also can chase you with a second d-air if so happen to survive the first ensuring your demise, it stops fire wolf and wolf flash, it takes very little skill or timing to hit with..... needless to say try not to leave the stage in this match up....

My suggestion to you, watch her kirby. She's doing one of the things I listed above to grab you.

~Camping~ Counter camp harder with alot Retreating lagless F-air, well spaced B-air and fire your laser til the batteries run out.

~Dodging / Short hop air dodging~ Your gonna want to focus your game around jabbing.... alot, after being jabbed most kirby's can be juggled, try to attack you with f-air or fast falling u-air or will go for an air dodge, punish accordingly and use your shine as a counter to cover your back doors when in close range with kirby.

~Shield grabbing, spacing and power shielding~(Chu'dats favorite) Your gonna want to space.... EVERYTHING, but you don't wanna camp, the farthest away you wanna be from your opponent is tipper f-smash range, Use alot of smart lagless f-air, b-airs. Your looking for any hole where you might land that f-smash on a whiffed attack, a boost grab, jab or maybe even a suprise Boost Smash. Do NOT, NOT, NOT over use the laser when fight ppl like this, firing it more than twice in a roe can get you punished hard. It takes alot of Patient watching and focus to beat ppl who play like this, a mistake can result in you being gimped so be careful.

Kirby is a guy.

I'm from Md/Va and have played Chudat numerous times. Chudat's favorite thing is to grab release>wait>fsmash tilted downward. I always see this coming so I just shield. He also rolls a bunch, which isn't all that bad for Kirby. If I didn't spam Laser/Bair on him, I couldn't have beaten him on Smashville. Also I don't tend to approach him ever over edge or near edge because he will just Kirbycide me. Honestly Chudat isn't as hard to fight as Hat to me.

The matchup is 50:50.

The gonzo combo only does 30% unless your dumb enough to get read.

Also come to pound 4 and Money match me in a Wolf ditto.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Kirby is a guy.

I'm from Md/Va and have played Chudat numerous times. Chudat's favorite thing is to grab release>wait>fsmash tilted downward. I always see this coming so I just shield. He also rolls a bunch, which isn't all that bad for Kirby. If I didn't spam Laser/Bair on him, I couldn't have beaten him on Smashville. Also I don't tend to approach him ever over edge or near edge because he will just Kirbycide me. Honestly Chudat isn't as hard to fight as Hat to me.

The person I was playing who was Kirby was a girl.

kk cool, thanks.

I know what I was doing wrong and everything, I just couldn't seem to make right of the scenario.

I'll test some **** out next time I play her.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Kirby is a guy.

I'm from Md/Va and have played Chudat numerous times. Chudat's favorite thing is to grab release>wait>fsmash tilted downward.

Chu does this to ppl he thinks will fall for it.... It's a very risky and almost always punishable.

I always see this coming so I just shield. He also rolls a bunch, which isn't all that bad for Kirby. If I didn't spam Laser/Bair on him, I couldn't have beaten him on Smashville.

Rolls alot? Chu tends to roll the least out of all the members of H2YL, he reads and is very patient/campy with b-air.

Also I don't tend to approach him ever over edge or near edge because he will just Kirbycide me. Honestly Chudat isn't as hard to fight as Hat to me.

Chu is hat's mentor, he taught him everything he knows.

I was talking about the girl he was playing against chief, not kirby being a girl. Also I've played with chu far more than you ever could have, he plays nothing like that.... I'm good friends with him , I never said I havn't beaten him as well, I've beaten his kirby quite a few times with wolf. Lol you struggle with hat's kirby? I wrecked it two stock at HERB2, he ended up going D3 on me and I still beat him.... The gonzo is a great tool for set ups, you use the phrase "dumb enough to get read" Mental capacity has nothing to do with it, it's a guesssing game like paper, rock, scissors, in this case kirby is the one doing the guessing, it has nothing to do with brain power it's chance unless you've memorised his play style and habits prior.

Also, I'll be attending Pound4 and I accept your mm. Wolf ditto it is.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
wanna mm me you failscrub?

actually lets get on topic. someone post an awesome kirby vs wolf vid plox
On topic posting? How dare you even suggest such a thing in here :mad:

But yeah, if either of you (Seagull/Mitsurugi) can get vids against Hat/Chu that would be great.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
lol you guys are all horribad.

kirby cant beat wolf fair, i 3 stocked YBM with it and ybm beat chu in many MM's (i know it doesn't mean ybm is better)

i feel like NOJ on the GnW boards LOL

Top Bottom