• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
no problem. :)
wolf is fun but hes not good, hes a mid high character, which means you have to be alot better than your opponent to win which is sexy.

JCav

Smash Lord
if wolf was in the air for around less than 5 frames longer, he could SH double bair

imagine that...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
wolf is good.

cgs/gimps and bull**** higher tier advantages keep him from his true value.
D3 is a tough fight because of that. but most characters you can space so well with tons of room for error thats and lazer camping can make getting those grabs very difficult.

Between good DI and flash canceling non of the high teirs should really be out right gimping you. they don't have many low trajectory moves spare MK.... lol. oh. wait. oh. I see the problem.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
umm high tiers can gimp wolf easy enough. ddd has a cg and a bair that beats up b and flash falco has cg to a potential spike and can outcamp wolf, wario can combo wolf 0-50 and cg him 60-death, nair and fair beat up b and flash same with his bike and bike parts, mk can well you know, ice climbers can gimp wolf with ice blocks and or just 0-death him, diddy is an exception of high tiers that cant really gimp wolf but can give him a hard time. this is of course saying both players are of equal skill level.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
wario shouldn't be grabbing you at all!! that CG still sounds horrible though.

With good DI you shouldn't really be getting gimped by wario's nair and fair. you should be recovering high to lomit his attack options and force him to stick to a choice letting you find a safe way on. similar against D3 but the dthrow sets up very well for gimps... IC, I don't know how you'd be below the stage versus them. IC blocks should only really help you recover. the don't have much hit stun. their angle is pretty poor. ICs shouldn't be grabbing you either!

reflector is also a neat tool when some one is trying to gimp you.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Wario can combo you into grabs at any % lol so good luck not getting grabbed. the 2nd hit of warios nair is weak and has little knockback which forces you down which can set up for another nair which will gimp you, same with warios fair. wario has the ability to chase you down and once he gets ahold of you you will most likley die.

Ic's desync ice blocks will combo you down and ko you, lain does it to me. all it takes is one messed up DI to get spiked and have to recover up. not saying it will always happen but it happens more than you think. you mean to tell me you wont mess up at least 2 times in a match? show me a video of you playing a Good IC and tell me you wont get grabbed at all.

I will agree that wolf is hard ot grab but his ability to get combo'd puts him in a bad situation, all it takes is 1 time ot di wrong and youre getting gimped.

and JJ snake gimps wolf bad crazy he kills the whole cast at 0% with his gay tilts. :laugh:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
DONT SPOTDODGE VS IC'S ROLL AWAY or jump away good ic's will wait for your dodges, youre not good vs them yet because youre scared of them, you used ot play ic's you know what they look for. retreatign fair ***** them hard and nana is bair x10 all dai

on single popo, nair ot dsmash is a kill combo, not spam dsmash and fsmash.

edit: i dont like how this jj jumpsine thing is being used. you got punished for doing it to much. its not broken, its good if you use it like jj, he doesnt abuse it.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
DONT SPOTDODGE VS IC'S ROLL AWAY or jump away good ic's will wait for your dodges, youre not good vs them yet because youre scared of them, you used ot play ic's you know what they look for. retreatign fair ***** them hard and nana is bair x10 all dai

on single popo, nair ot dsmash is a kill combo, not spam dsmash and fsmash.

edit: i dont like how this jj jumpsine thing is being used. you got punished for doing it to much. its not broken, its good if you use it like jj, he doesnt abuse it.
Thanks for the tips. I feel so dumb fighting them with Wolf because I don't know how x.x (Even my Dedede does better against Ice Climbers... sad). Not sure why I didn't think of just jumping away... seems like it's obvious. I do it against D3, guess I freeze up against IC and don't think.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I fail at the IC matchup :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGMPVL8MD54

Yeah... I really need to learn that matchup badly. I was getting grabbed WAY too much x.x

So... hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to have some videos of me actually playing the matchup correctly xD. That's been one of the few matchups I've been afraid of.
You stay grounded too much. Always camp ics. I need to record some matches verse Meep this saturday. And you spotdodge too much. Spotdodging in front of ics doesn't really make much sense because it's like asking to be grabbed. This isn't wifi Krd. =P

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You stay grounded too much. Always camp ics. I need to record some matches verse Meep this saturday. And you spotdodge too much. Spotdodging in front of ics doesn't really make much sense because it's like asking to be grabbed. This isn't wifi Krd. =P
I refuse to camp with Wolf :p If I wanna camp then I'll use Dedede :p

And I mainly only spot dodge when I freeze up and think "I just need an extra second to think out what to do". Bad habbit :/

The thoughts that go on in my mind when I spot dodge. "No, get away! Leave me alone! I just wanna live! Don't hurt me ;-;"

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wayyy too much unsafe fsmash. Don't jumpshine to attack someone on a platform, it's a very unsafe tactic. As Seagull said, you should spend more time in the air, being a nuisance in general and staying far outside of their grab range.

Also, everyone should watch Equi's vids, just watched the first two, and it's definitely some good stuff.

EDIT: Equi, two main things I saw in your vid that I think you should keep in mind. Momentum cancelling, you almost always used airdodge... not the way to go. JCav tested and you should first break out of tumblestun with nair (or uair if you'd rather cstick), then double jump to increase survivability. Any aerial works better than airdodge besides dair I think, unless you're hit up in which case you want to fastfall an aerial immediately. Didn't see you do any of that, and I think it would've helped you save some stocks. Second (not as major, more of an opinion), your use of shine seemed a bit too much, it looked like you were almost forcing it in some cases where you might have been better served by something like jab. Trying to shine Kirby offstage also confused me a bit, but can't say I've never done the same :p

:059:

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
all i can say is that stay in the air all the time and never try to approach them my brother plays as ICs and the only chance i get with him is hit and run until nana decides to do her own thing and u just go have fun with her after that :)

well thats what i do

lol worst match agasint my brother i lost in the first 40 secs he grabed me out of spawn and 0-deathed me all 3 stocks :p

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Arlight guys.
JJ get active, I'll try to find tournies in my area.
Atomsk is maining wolf.
It's time to raise him in the tier list eh :p

Unfortunately, im tempted to use fox on MK.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Wario can combo you into grabs at any % lol so good luck not getting grabbed. the 2nd hit of warios nair is weak and has little knockback which forces you down which can set up for another nair which will gimp you, same with warios fair. wario has the ability to chase you down and once he gets ahold of you you will most likley die.

Ic's desync ice blocks will combo you down and ko you, lain does it to me. all it takes is one messed up DI to get spiked and have to recover up. not saying it will always happen but it happens more than you think. you mean to tell me you wont mess up at least 2 times in a match? show me a video of you playing a Good IC and tell me you wont get grabbed at all.

I will agree that wolf is hard ot grab but his ability to get combo'd puts him in a bad situation, all it takes is 1 time ot di wrong and youre getting gimped.

and JJ snake gimps wolf bad crazy he kills the whole cast at 0% with his gay tilts. :laugh:
Wolf can shine spike wario....awwwww yeahhhhhhh

well off his bike anyway...

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
yea, i'm working on bairs more, but the fsmash became a habit :(
hayyy Q!
lol
from what i the pikachu player knows, f-smash can be used as a great punisher! keep it fresh for that propose only, and remember how i would cg you and if i messed up the buffering and you shined out of it i would shield and you would f-smash and then id grab again? Yah, just work on not being predictable
oh and one more thing,,,,
GO TO TORENYS!

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
just saying, bad spelling haha.

and I disagree, do not keep fsmash fresh, use it whenever they screw up, it's your best punisher on the ground. In order of freshness, dsmash is mandatory xD, fsmash is just meh.

Sumer

Smash Ace
omni/darklouis/sumer

what do you guys think dogmas marth? lol
I think it's pretty legit. I only get to play it at the beginning of the day when i was warming up, but later in the day I played it and we were going about even til we had to stop due to a tourney match. x.x So I can't give a good judgment of how he is compared to a proper wolf. lol Although it seems as if he knows the match-up quite well.

tekkie

Smash Master
dont wanna sound like a **** but those T vs Mr R videos were kinda disappointing.

punished fsmashes, didn't punish dthrow techs, shining a shield on ground and getting ***** for it, stage scar -> get *****, stuff like that.

and mr r wasn't too impressive either. ledgehop -> counter, FH nair when wolf is sitting there on the ground, charging neutralB waiting for T to get up from ledge, etc.

like i can't complain about repeating specific mistakes but they both made so many weird different and blatantly obvious mistakes

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
dogmas marth forces you to camp him, its very annoying and good overall

Wolf can shine spike wario....awwwww yeahhhhhhh

well off his bike anyway...

very situational, thats like saying all you have to do is spike snake out of his cypher, it works if the snake recovers low which snakes dont usually recover low.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What is with the random single fast fall bair? After that you roll back and repeat and fsmash. That's not good. The Mk obviously doesn't know how to powershield. Make use of fair. Try mixing up stuff. Try bair wall, full hop fast fall bair, and incorporating fairs. Camp more also because it's Mk. Grab people more.

The Mk can just nado right into your random bairs or powershield and grab or attack back.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I just deleted an entire paragraph saying basically how bad that match was, but I was being too rude. Anyway, play a better player, a much better player, and submit that video, because that MK wasn't good at all.

Top Bottom