• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Well i just posted a video of me playin against my friend Punk9, critique please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYIZsGNBvho
@Milk!!- on a random note, i love ur avatar
Stop using reflector > fsmash. Fsmash is easily punished. Look upon the move with a frown and only use it to punish someone. 2:26 is a good example of when you should use it.

Learn how to SDI the dsmash if you don't already know.

You're using the reflector the wrong way. It is by no means an approach.

Never use UpB on the stage. It rarely ever works, and you can be punished hard for doing it.

AC your fairs more often, it takes away the lag (if you didn't already know).

I can't tell, are you DIing at all? I don't mean to sound rude or ignorant, I can't tell. I can't tell if that upsmash from Pikachu was in any way SDIable.

EDIT: I totally just posted without finishing the vid. Don't reply til I finish!
EDIT: Actually, I had nothing else to say. >.> lol

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Stop using reflector > fsmash. Fsmash is easily punished. Look upon the move with a frown and only use it to punish someone. 2:26 is a good example of when you should use it.

Learn how to SDI the dsmash if you don't already know.

You're using the reflector the wrong way. It is by no means an approach.

Never use UpB on the stage. It rarely ever works, and you can be punished hard for doing it.

AC your fairs more often, it takes away the lag (if you didn't already know). My friend told me that i should auto cancel but i have no idea how to do that.

I can't tell, are you DIing at all? I don't mean to sound rude or ignorant, I can't tell. I can't tell if that upsmash from Pikachu was in any way SDIable.

EDIT: I totally just posted without finishing the vid. Don't reply til I finish!
EDIT: Actually, I had nothing else to say. >.> lol
Thank you, I will try to stop using fsmash so much, did u say stop the reflector, like completely? I do know how to SDI, I just focus so much i forget to do it, as a matter off fact, my friend punk was saying through the whole match "SDI!!!"
How should i use the reflector (besides reflecting)
Well I generally use UpB then follow up with a bair or retreating fair so I should stop doing that?
Can you explain how to auto cancel (i guess thats what AC is, here's the noob part of me)
To the DI thing, I am trying to momentum cancel, i try nair for horizontal knockbacks, and dair for vertical (unfortunately i make a big mistake of nairing when i should dair.) I'm probably not DIing correctly so just to be sure may u please explain. By the way thank you for helping me, I'm getting ready to go to my first tourney (hopefully) and I would like to give a pretty good impression not a noobish one lol.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Thank you, I will try to stop using fsmash so much, did u say stop the reflector, like completely? I do know how to SDI, I just focus so much i forget to do it, as a matter off fact, my friend punk was saying through the whole match "SDI!!!"
How should i use the reflector (besides reflecting)
Well I generally use UpB then follow up with a bair or retreating fair so I should stop doing that?
Can you explain how to auto cancel (i guess thats what AC is, here's the noob part of me)
To the DI thing, I am trying to momentum cancel, i try nair for horizontal knockbacks, and dair for vertical (unfortunately i make a big mistake of nairing when i should dair.) I'm probably not DIing correctly so just to be sure may u please explain. By the way thank you for helping me, I'm getting ready to go to my first tourney (hopefully) and I would like to give a pretty good impression not a noobish one lol.
No, shine is a good move, but don't use it for approaching, you'll just get shield grabbed. There's something called jumpshine that's really good. It's jumping and instantly shining afterward. It's difficult to pull off without having your jump set to another button as well. Most jumpshiners use the L button to do it. Oh, and shine > jab is a true combo, I believe. Test that out. (It's good because you get more invincibility frames, I believe. Use that when countering something, like negating an aerial approach. I'm sure the others here know more than I do. Ask Castorpollux, he knows a lot about it. I just know it's good. haha)

You should be using shine to counter an attack. Never use it TO attack.

Yes. Never use UpB on stage. In fact, it is recommended not to use UpB even when recovering, unless you MUST use it. SideB is far more reliable.

Basically, to AC, just jump and fair really quickly. Personally, I roll my thumb from jump to the A button in an instant and hold the direction I'm facing with th analog. You can then retreat it by rolling the analog to the other direction.

You've got the right idea, but you need that SDI to complete it. Nair for horizon, and dair for vertic. Just make sure you're always smashing the analog perpendicular to your trajectory.

Good luck at your tourney. I am leaving for one on Saturday as well in fact. Be facing the second best Snake in the country (if that is his title...).

Healer

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGt4SP1R2D0
just another one, It was uploading while i posted the first, i made the same mistakes as the first but watch please
@asaph, thats weird i have my jump set to L with out previous knowledge of this.
I use side b as recovery anyways, unless i'm too close to dying
On the AC is that short hop fair?
So just move the analog stick or c-stick, when DIing?
Okay thanks again, I will take this advice, and do what i can to get better.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Never try and dair, especially when the opponent is at high damage; you have more of a chance on stage than off with a laggy move.

Also, I see that you knew the Pika would use thunder. Did you know that you can actually reflect the thunder?

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Yea i knew that, I get back at him sometimes, Im a lil bad under pressure so thats something i gotta work on lol.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Analog stick to SDI, but during hitlag, so there's a small window where you can do it. There's a bunch of other DI, but I don't know that much about it because I find it unnecessary, personally.

SH fair, yes. And when I say DI during that, I mean you're moving Wolf away from the opponent, while fairing. Like you said, retreating fair.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Lol at never dairing....dair is a good move and people should use it more when landing if you know HOW to use it. People back away from moves and call them bad because they don't know how to use it correctly.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Lol at never dairing....dair is a good move and people should use it more when landing if you know HOW to use it. People back away from moves and call them bad because they don't know how to use it correctly.
so how do you use dairing?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I worded that wrong. Dair is a good move, I would know. But it makes no sense to go 'high risk, high reward' when you have a 'lower risk, high reward' option available.

Dair looks like it has good spacing use on stage. Jumpman landed a dair on a DDD shielded and landed out of grab range. The move definitely has its uses.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
I understand, at the moment, until i get better I may stick with the more "safer" or low risk, high reward moves.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
No u! :mad:

We were critiquing a vid, not discussing dair.
@milk!!- ur welcome, i love B-K

guys guys, there is no need to fight, they're simply trying to help, btw is there anything else that needs to be said about my gameplay?

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU i woke up today thinking i was a bird it was awesome

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ted Stevens speaks words of truth to the world. The internet is a series of tubes. It isn't something you can dump on. It's not a big truck. I have no madness to explain. LOL

The story behind that video is that the inernet is a series of tubes! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Healer, more bairs please and less fsmash.

3:25 was bad.
Don't UpB on stage. EVER.

Good use of reflector to get out of Cgs xD

Healer

Smash Apprentice
yea, i'm working on bairs more, but the fsmash became a habit :(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It's a very good idea to reserve fsmash for punishing and bair combos (or anything else guaranteed) only. Try doing that for a looong time until you get into the habit of only using it when guaranteed, you'll appreciate it in the long run because punishable use of fsmash becomes a hard habit to kick. Afterwards, when you're more confident in your ability as a player to mindgame your opponent into a fsmash, try doing that every once in a while. A move with that kind of range and such decent speed is definitely worth a few risks. Also, once you're more confident with your timing, use it to punish landing lag.

:059:

Master Raven

Smash Master
just an FYI I'll be reuploading some of the Equi vids he posted earlier now that I have my AC battery back so I can re-record stuff in good quality.

Equi

Smash Ace
wolf is good.

cgs/gimps and bull**** higher tier advantages keep him from his true value.

Top Bottom