• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I play a good Zelda regularly. It's really reliable once you take the time to learn it. Unless you're saying it because it's not worth knowing Zelda tricks. Cause, really outside of DarkM and Riot there aren't many Zelda's to worry about, in that case I agree. lol.

But it's definately a practical brake. Riot does it easily at this point and lives pretty **** well because of it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I need to play that kid. If for nothing else to show people that they need to stop losing to zelda. (in singles, doubles in a completely different story)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Yeah but remember, there haven't been any decent sonics in NE forever. Although he did play wes once forever ago, but he didn't appear to have that tight of a grip on the matchup. You could probably get away with a few more things on NE players as sonic than say nj/ny or md/va players who play against sonics more often.
Tommygreenshirt was here a little while ago. But yeah, no one around here really KNOWS the Sonic match up that well persay. But it's not a hard match up to figure out for most of the top tiers, imo. Surprise factor with Sonic is pretty limited, compared to like Diddy "pre NinjaLink beating M2K".

Plus a lot of our top players play Wifi a good bit. So they have exposure to a lot of the tricks.

EDIT:

KiD, don't sleep on Riot. His Zelda is real nice. In singles it's not as much of a threat as in doubles. Which is one reason he doesn't enter singles that often. But when he's on point he makes her defensive game look pretty **** amazing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I feel like I would do really well if I could make it to another NE tourney. As long as I got a ton of snake practice before I came.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Quest.

Sonic Ditto(I'm so rusty at them) set. If I win you gotta denounce this Scourge silliness and accept Knuckles as the best Sonic Character. Deal?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Espy (Sonic) vs. Poltergust (Yoshi) 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_i5AXMehM

Here's what bugs me. At 5:42, Espy lost. AFAICT he didn't touch the ground yet, and the Yoshi grabbed him (with his tongue, nonetheless :s). But then the Yoshi decided to play around for a while, so he chewed. Then Espy goes on to win. But it should be noted that Espy had given away that match.

I mean, mad props to Espy 'n all, he's my hero. But it makes me nervous that it seemed like he wasn't taking this match too seriously, considering how much Polty caught up.

More vids of Espizzle are in that youtube chan btw; fun sets, should be added to OP.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy (Sonic) vs. Poltergust (Yoshi) 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_i5AXMehM

Here's what bugs me. At 5:42, Espy lost. AFAICT he didn't touch the ground yet, and the Yoshi grabbed him (with his tongue, nonetheless :s). But then the Yoshi decided to play around for a while, so he chewed. Then Espy goes on to win. But it should be noted that Espy had given away that match.

I mean, mad props to Espy 'n all, he's my hero. But it makes me nervous that it seemed like he wasn't taking this match too seriously, considering how much Polty caught up.

More vids of Espizzle are in that youtube chan btw; fun sets, should be added to OP.
Nope, Espy airdodged into the ground. You can see the startup frames and he is invincible until he hits the ground (note the dust right as he is grabbed). Polt did not pummel, thats just Yoshi's normal "im holding on to you" animation. He released because he also thought he got espy before he touched the ground. Note that Espy also got his double jump back (because he landed).

So yea props to polt for knowing the matchup, props to espy for knowing that polt knew the matchup.

Also lol @ "espy, i wish u didn't exist"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I honestly thought I was dead. I was too busy noticing that I had been grabbed out of an upB to care about whether or not I landed. :p

You could even hear me mutter "oh ****" during the grab.
Imagine my surprise when I saw the double jump. I was like :>

But yeah, I'll be updating this and the Tourney threads most likely Sunday. I have business a little later today, and I have a tournament this Saturday.

San Antonio up'd the ante. I had a tournament last weekend, and I'll be having tournaments back to back until the 11th of December (If I go to the December HOBO). Gonna be a wild fourth quarter.

Oh, and I'm thinking of picking up Wofl for Lucario. That ****'s just tough. Imma try a few more times as Sonic before it might come to that though.

THINKING about it. Not DOING.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

omdg espy. why you so mazin tho? lol
I should have played a little bit more aggro but...i was so freakin afraid of getting caught in the GR antics and his scary aerial game. Its like you stayed on him, didnt give him room to do all of that stuff. But gosh Polt is so freaking hard to kill. D:

Timeouts too good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's not Polt so much as it's Yoshi. Character's a fat-*** with a decent momentum cancel.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated the first post with a bunch of new videos. Sonic vs. Falco/Fox/Kirby/Lucario/Luigi/Meta Knight/G&W/Ness/Snake/Toon Link/Yoshi, and new doubles of Sonic+Meta Knight/Sonic+Pikachu.

Yup.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was more or less screwing around with the colors that day. Played a bunch of red and gold in some friendlies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy are you gonna update this soon with vids of you and X from MLG.

I just watched X vs Gnes, does anyone know why X doesn't CP YI/Picto? He went PS1/Brinstar....

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't know~... Who would know how to help him improve on his overall gameplay over there? Granted, Plus just encourages certain aspects of competitively play, such as "if it's working, why stop?" Especially now that there's no stale move decay of that sort?

... It is a bad thing though when it isn't working, and there are better given options at certain times. I can't say for sure what is and what isn't bad, since it's a different engine...

It'd be a lot easier if it was with the normal game. Because it'd be so obvious that Spin dash approaches and constant Dairing after Spring and FSmash spamming won't work under normal circumstances...

Top Bottom