• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'why the hell am I still awake?' thread

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
This is the thread you post in when the time is between 12am and 4am and have nothing better to do.

WHY AM I STILL AWAKE?

Zero

Smash Hero
I bet this thread will soon be a competition to see who can stay up the longest.

I pity ye poor souls.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Family gets up early for xmas, parents sleep in = 3 hrs of nothing.
May as well spend that 3 hrs gaming at night instead of being awake.

Splice

Smash Hero
4:36.
This was becoming regular, than i went on holiday and thought id gotten the sleep-before-midnight thing back, but now with some internet and some music playing and soft drinks, I cannot do it.

I'm gonna accidently give myself Lukes sleeping pattern without the ****ty job times one day.
Luke does your sleep pattern mean you can never get another job?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
not really, Its very easy for me to switch sleeping patterns since sleeping at night is natural and if you deprive your body of it long enough it make it very hard not to go back to, I usually sleep during the night on the weekends and days off and stuff

Ant1

Smash Ace
I keep going to bed later and later. It all started when i started watching all these seinfeld episodes on my t.v. in my room. U can never watch just one episode of seinfeld. I'd go to bed at like 1, then watch seinfeld and then it'd be like 2. As i have 6 seasons of seinfeld it took a while to go through all of em.
Then i started watching movies at like 1, most of which either ended or i'd stop at 2:30am

Now i try to go to sleep at 1 and i just can't i have to wait for at least 2:30.

Even when i have uni at 9am the next day, i'll end up going to sleep at 2 lol

Jupz

Smash Master
Well the thread was between 12-4 so I decided to post. Gonna be up for a while tonight probs, unless I can help it.
Also if you think 12:30 is early you should see alzi. I asked him to wifi once at 9pm and he said it was too late. This was in the holidays lol.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Nyeh. I've been having far much more fun on Wi-fi lately. Offline is so serious and the amount of "gay" being utilised is pretty discouraging. Even if I use Falco. I use Falco because everytime I want to change to a more preferred character, people are like "oh noes, but you're Falco is by your best" etc etc. Even if I did change though, doesn't change how serious offline is and how people react when you try to just have friendlies using characters that you're not accustomed to.

Wi-fi allows this. It enables people to just muck around and just HAVE FUN with it, without the pressure of having to do good. Wi-fi > Cpus. Unless you have mates that are close by, or a sibling that plays the game, Wi-fi beats offline any day of the week. Being expected to NOT play wi-fi when you have no one to play is a bigger ask.

Wi-fi cops much more negativity than it deserves. As Attila so kindly suggested in his Japan thread, wi-fi somewhat promotes match-up experience. Understanding your opponent and their character is something wi-fi offers. Bettering your OFFLINE ability. If you don't like it, it's your opinion. Though constant complaints from every which angle about another person's preferences is just so '09.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
true dat, I was thinking about this the other day and I reckon if you wanna learn matchups rather then wifi it up, watch some vids of top players in the matchups you wanna learn and have notepad open, or a pen and paper, and constantly go over bits of the match, scrutinize it and really watch whats happening, take notes and stuff, write down ideas you get, things to experiment and try, and stuff like that, much better then wifi imo.

also if you wanna play another character then play another character, if someone has a whingh just tell them to stfu, its not hard.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Yeah luke, because EVERYONE wants to write down how to be good at the game and STUDY it. >_> Also, did you not see the EXP part? Knowing what to do in a matchup and having experience in it is totally different.

Who'd much rather play the game? I know I would.

Anyway, I'm tired and irritable. Just don't jump in to something that wasn't concerning you only to force some sort of opinion. Jump in if you have something constructive, other than that it's just booooooriiiiing.

Top Bottom