• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "What Are You Playing Now" Thread

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Title says it all, just post about video games you are playing at the moment and give a review or opinion of the game

First of All

DiRT/DiRT2: Been playing these in between study breaks for exams, It's kind of strange how these two games with the same name can be so different. DiRT is more of an official Rally game whereas DiRT 2 treats Rally as an Xtreme sport, last time I checked the WRC was a bigger achievement then winning the Rally section of the Xgames :laugh: However I can't blame them considering Gran Turismo now owns the WRC rights game-wise and the driving physics in DiRT 2 are amazing considering a car can actually oversteer properly and you can control it (unlike some other game series *cough* Gran Turismo *cough*)

*waits for spam about people playing with themselves* =3

isthattim?

Smash Ace
holy crap torchlight
its diablo 2 with warcraft 3 style graphics, so much fun
haven't got too far in yet and normal and hard modes are too easy to be fun. it has an active modding community a level editor and is continuing to be developed into an mmo in the next year. so much potential and overall a mad fun hack and slash rpg

Sieg

Smash Champion
Cross Edge.

An RPG I picked up that I've been looking at for a while.

It's a crossover game based on other games such as Disgaea, Darkstalkers, Ar tonelico, Gust etc. The game plays alot like these games itself with some small changes here and there. Like usual with these sorts of games, the battle system has a huge comboing scheme allowing for up to 100 + comboes in the higher levels.

You can also collect costumes that change your female character's attire XD.

Also playing MvC2.

Splice

Smash Hero
Im playing Kirby 64. I was about 3 quarters of the way through it before my first Stigma and then stopped playing it (and other games) so im having a break from smash to finish my unfinished games one at a time.

I also have Pikmin 9 day no deaths speedrun (but ive lost all my skillz) and Madworld and Wrecking Crew to finish, but at the moment just trying to work out the StarBlock puzzle in Kirby 64... It's really vague whatever i'm supposed to do...

And of course, I play Starcraft on weekends :D

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
torchlight sounds good i might get it
i am also interested in cross edge when i saw it but the price T_T

hmm i playing ouedan 2 again (playing with the females now XD)
kindom hearts 364/2 on the ds or whateva
ionno smash lol
tried to play ultima online it didn't work out XD
was playing the wiiware anything related to final fantasy games til i had to grind...

J-Birds

Smash Lord
FFX Rikku Only - Disappointed with how easy it is compared to NSG.
Legend of Dragoon - Started but memory card began being stupid.
Anyone got any rpg challenges to mention like speedruns or whatever?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
stomping some arcade bb
started ddo
always playing hon
finished torchlight on very hard, not actually very hard

going to order bayonetta + demons souls within the next few days from play asia

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I've been playing link to the past again on my wii, and am going to load soul blazer up on there later. Gonna set up my SNES in my room too. I like old games too much ~

Has anybody played borderlands? that looks kinda good. might buy that when i move out soon.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ok Mr Snake.

MGS1 European Extreme run.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I've done heaps of those challenges on FFX. They're pretty fun. Rikku is lol. I'll never forget how much trouble I first had with Seymour Flux, but now I can beat him with no leveling at all. Getting Excalibur 2 on Final Fantasy 9 is very challenging (and next to impossible on the PAL version).

Tales of Symphonia - Mania Mode with absolutely no carry overs; just finished (this is the PS2 version, which is better)
Tales of the Abyss - Unknown Run with all godly skills switched off, including Free Run
Lufia 2 Hack I've been playing. All the bosses are godly.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Yeah i did NSG without using 9999Trio except on BFA havnt used it on Rikku yet either and i just defeated Seymour Omis. Everyone seems to strugle with Flux and Yunalesca.
Gonna whip out the PS1 for some MGS and its brutal control system.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I said it but it was Antho that was doing that Extreme run.

There isn't a Euro Extreme, I just like saying it lol.

Actually, **** speed run.

Let's do a Big Boss rank run lol.

Never tried an FF9 Ex2 run because I really Cbf. But I believe I can do it. FF9 was pretty easy on the leveling.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Notice my lack of care for this game anymore.

I didn't start playing last year yknow.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I'm an example of getting pro fast at melee in QLD.

I **** face. no joke!

Edit: I never had the time to do MGS speed runs, redoing the same part over and over again, although the games are AMAZING and I would enjoy speed running it...

I did Super metroid speed runs because those only took 40 minutes lol. And its my all time fav game in the world.

Splice

Smash Hero
I did Super metroid speed runs because those only took 40 minutes lol. And its my all time fav game in the world.
I did Kirbys Dreamland 1 & 2 speedruns for the same reasons, except change 40 to 10 minutes.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I bought legend of dragoon off ebay, but then a friend borrowed it off me before I could play it plus I have a million other things to do, heard its **** though

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I played Legend of Dragoon ages ago, thought it was awesomes. Problem is I rented my copy and I never finished it (got stuck in some place on the 4th disc). Rose just owned. Edward or Alex or Albert (nfi, something like that) ruled with his "Gust of Wind Dance!". Although I was cheap and had some item on which completed that combination for me. >_>

I'll be playing New Super Mario Bros and Tales of Symphonia 2 (despite it sucking) later this month. Yeah, this ain't a "what will you be playing" topic, but I haven't actually bought two games in the same month for ****ing ages.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Legend of Dragoon is one of those classic PS1 RPG's that not alot of people played because it wasn't mainstream.

Alot better than most of that mainstream crap too.

Rose was awesome, and so was Albert lol. Shana was just a ***** though.

Wah wah can't keep up!

Dedu

Smash Lord
FFVIII

Banjo Tooie just came in the mail yesterday.
Sooo was playing that last nite <3

I wonder what happened to my jigglywiggly?

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i liiked "conkers bad fur day" the most out of the rare games then "jet force gemini"

banjo-kazooie was awesome and tooie was good but a little dissappointing

im playing "spectrobes origins" and "final fantasy crystal chronicles echoes of time"

i had a chance to try out ffcc"the crystal bearers" man i am soooo psyched for it now!!!

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
Banjo Tooie? Best game?
I dunno I always thought it seemed so much more inferior to Kazooie.
as much as i loved kazooie, tooie catered to my taste of being a HUGE collect-a-thon (although i didnt like the note nests and preferred individual, at least you collected them forever in tooie)

plus tooie was just so much bigger and better. the only REALLY BIG stage in kazooie was clankers cavern... and clankers cavern should not have been the 3rd stage. it shouldve been after gobi valley, i mean the stage is way too hard compared to bubblegloop and freezeezy

Dedu

Smash Lord
Har har.

Clanker's Cavern added the challenge after the easy **** that was treasure trove cove.
And its resident Pirate Petey the Pegleg <3

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
such a dramatic shift in difficulty though

my difficulty ratings for the levels (probably crap, havnt played in a while)

mumbos: 1/10
treasure: 2/10
clankers: 7/10
bubblegloop: 4/10
freezeezy: 4/10
gobi: 5/10
mad monster: 6/10
rusty bucket: 9/10
clcik clock: 8/10

this post sums up my feelings on tooie vs kazooie
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=196694&topic=47538479

Top Bottom