• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Australian Brawl Character Main Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Spam lasers and phantasm away when they approach.

Personally, I like the move Scoot made to main Falco. Of all his characters, he chose the one whose worst matchup is my main, rather than the one that is my main's worst matchup. YEAH! (I still think Snake suits you better though...)

swordsaint

Smash Master
Obviously you blatantly ignored the whole "Snake is a secondary still" part.

In either case, my Falco still beats your Ice Climbers, matchups arent everything ay.

@ Sieg, pretty much that. double lasers to camp, phantasms dont just go out randomly, they're to punish screwed up approaches that you couldn't normally reach

jab a lot

grab a lot

/end falco

falco's a lot more about your own judgement than anything else imo, he does have some universal tactics though

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Matchups aren't everything, but they help. :)

I didn't ignore the secondary thing; we were discussing mains, so I was talking about mains. I didn't expect you to drop Snake completely lol.

tedeth - dunno what you're talking about lol, I 2-stocked your Falco last meet. >:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
smell that djdowny? its the smell of regret

if you want I can help you out a bit too gopo, I dont really know **** all about falco, but I know alot of the things you do wrong fundimentally.

also I have enough snake for all of you, so dw.

News Team, assemble!
we're right over here ted

Pete278

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon main, right here. I may pick up Ike, but don't put me down for him until after the next tournament to see if I remain indecisive. :p

Splice

Smash Hero
HI CONNOR.
HEY CONNOR.
CONDOG? CONNOR.
HELLO?
HI!? CORNFACE?
CONNOR!
CONDOG?

:( gaiz i think we need moderator-first-page-editing help. Put me down for jigglypuff, until further notice. :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I find it funny how people are changing mains every week.

Guys, there's seriously no point in posting it if it won't stick.

On that note, take meh off Olimar.

Alzi

Smash Master
Don't stick to a high tier ***** that everyone will be using.

Choose someone unique that not many people use.

Toon Link
Ness
Jigglypuff

Are just some unique ones that everyone just forgets about.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
^ I think you mean the likes of Luigi, Bowser and even Dedede. The likes of which you mentioned already have enough rep. =P

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Well there is no Solo IC main placing high that i know of.
A few people 2nd him and use him here and there but not enough to call him a full fledged main really, that's the case for me at least.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Yes they do. You using them gives them enough rep as it is.
still, that means no rep for 6 months. sad face...

Well there is no Solo IC main placing high that i know of.
A few people 2nd him and use him here and there but not enough to call him a full fledged main really, that's the case for me at least.
honestly, i reckon sopo is totally mid tier. dthrow cgs everyone at least to something, strong finishers and (one of) the most broken aerials in the game. my sopo always gives people way more trouble than they expect...

Pete278

Smash Lord
Graph time!

As you can see, tier position is not entirely relevant to popularity. There is a downward trend, but its kinda bumpy. This
graph does prove, though, that people love their space animals.

Also, who even plays Sonic? Seriously, what the hell guys?
EDIT: Gah, typo. One sec.

EDIT EDIT: And we're back

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
honestly, i reckon sopo is totally mid tier. dthrow cgs everyone at least to something, strong finishers and (one of) the most broken aerials in the game. my sopo always gives people way more trouble than they expect...
By "Solo IC main" I believe JBirds was referring to someone maining ICs without using a secondary commonly, rather than a Popo on its own.

An Sopo is honestly not mid tier. Poor recovery, good grab game, but great difficulty getting the grab without Nana's mixups. Ice block, and single squall hammer are no longer very useful in many situations. Blizzard is much easier to punish without the second climber to follow through. Camping is nerfed greatly in usefulness. blah blah blah at least its still better than ganon.

edit: Pete, the current mains list is very out of date, and the graph at the current age would very much suggest more people are looking to higher tiers for tournament result improvements.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I know, I'm just proving a point. :p
After time, people always gravitate towards high tiers. Look at Third Strike, nobody in America plays anyone except Yun, Chun, Ken and Makoto. Sure, there's a few Necros around, but nothing in any real number.

EDIT: If the OP doesn't mind, I'll post a new thread to be updated regularly by my numbers obsessive mind. :p

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I actually started revising this on Friday. I intend to do the mains this week, just had a pretty full on weekend.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Updated with everything since page 21 X_X

Aerodrome: what state (Zelda/Sheik)

AdmiralComrade: what state (Snake/Marth)

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Yay, Updates.

Although there is still some flaws in the List. Ie. the amount of characters have listed as mains. At most people can really only have two mains, one for Doubles and one for Singles imo. If I was to rattle off people like some others have I'd of also said I mained Peach and Falco, but those two are used as Secondaries depending on Situation.

Toby.

Smash Master
I don't see it as a major issue. If people really care about whether somebody uses snake in half their matches or only a third, then just rename it to Australian Character Thread (ACT ;)). Its far more useful to have all the information on who somebody uses, rather than just their "main".

It's especially important if they "main" one character but secondary MK / snake :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom