• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Australian Brawl Character Main Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Not everbody who can play Snake/ MK will use him to pull a match infront though. EdgeGames for Example rarely pulls out his snake in Singles even if he is losing.

Toby.

Smash Master
That's irrelevant.

I am saying that its far more useful to know every character somebody uses, rather than just one of them.

Saying that some people who use mk/snake might not do so doesn't make the knowledge any less useful. Even if your point WAS relevent, I could counter it with just as many examples of people who switch character in the middle of a set to increase their odds of success.

Do you really believe that its more useful to only know 1 of the characters somebody uses, rather than all of them?

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Graph time!

As you can see, tier position is not entirely relevant to popularity. There is a downward trend, but its kinda bumpy. This
graph does prove, though, that people love their space animals.

Also, who even plays Sonic? Seriously, what the hell guys?
EDIT: Gah, typo. One sec.

EDIT EDIT: And we're back
whats the correlation coefficient?

Browny

Smash Hater
it actually looks pretty good lol... Then again, this is assuming the is indeed equal spacing between the characters. to be more accurate, I think the gap between characters would have to be used. I think SBR list 3.0 had a link to the relevant thread with this information.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Huh, I thought Attila would have been listed under Lucas and Ice Climbers.

Also, I noticed I'm still on Ice Climbers. Might not be a good idea to keep that there. Could put me under Sonic though. Bout time I found that Ness replacement.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ugly don't main Pika and still uses Dorf.

Good **** getting your act together C-Dizzle. (Y)

Pete278

Smash Lord
Correlation Co-effecient of -0.603 using the equation of y (popularity) = -0.145x (tier list position) + 7.626, according to my graphics calculator since I don't know how to do it on Excel.

EDIT: Wait, using the new data: r = -0.67 for y = -0.17x + 0.62

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I use Marth as a main and Sonic as a second (although I have yet to use him seriously in a tourney apart from doubles).

WA Represent!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
is your teams ganon as good as appolo's metanova cause he's ganon in teams is insane

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
That's irrelevant.

I am saying that its far more useful to know every character somebody uses, rather than just one of them.

Saying that some people who use mk/snake might not do so doesn't make the knowledge any less useful. Even if your point WAS relevent, I could counter it with just as many examples of people who switch character in the middle of a set to increase their odds of success.

Do you really believe that its more useful to only know 1 of the characters somebody uses, rather than all of them?
Huh, I thought Attila would have been listed under Lucas and Ice Climbers.
yes, i use ice climbers and lucas in tournaments. and yes, they give grief to most players on the scene. but i dont main either of them, so i dont want them to appear on this list. i only pull them out when:

1. snake has been counterpicked (character or stage)
2. im versing a character i dont like versing with snake
3. ive just lost a round or two with snake and need to change the game somehow
4. i want to practice with them to make them more viable for tournaments
5. when im taking the p1ss out of someone

yes i use them in tourneys, but they are not mains. you wanna put them on a list, then someone should make another one, or at least another section, and put them under the 'secondaries' heading.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
My team Ganon works very well with fast characters, or characters that deal out good damage but lack strong knockback. I've never dealt with Apollo's Ganon in teams though; just a few dittos (I win the Ganon ones, he wins the Falcon ones). My Snake utterly blows (up) in teams though. Stupid terrorist. :(

Edit: nvm, thinking of someone else.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yes, i use ice climbers and lucas in tournaments. and yes, they give grief to most players on the scene coz IC's are so cheap. but i dont main either of them, so i dont want them to appear on this list. i only pull them out when:

1.when i want to be cheap and win instantly
2. when i know tibor is better than me with diddy so i need some cheap char to win
3. coz sometimes i wanna be cheap, just sometimes
4. coz i wanna cg and be cheap
5. i dont use lucas anymore coz hes not cheap.

yes i usethem in tourneys, but they are not mains. you wanna put them on a list, then someone should make another one, or at least another section, and put them under the 'secondaries' heading.
the 5 points are now fixed

tedeth

Smash Master
.ffo enoemos tup thgim tI . VT eht mf gnimoc sdnuos eht htiw hcnys fo tuo s dnuos rebmilc ecii gnikam tratS .aedi na evah I

EDIT: OMG. The computer I was on started typing backwards when I made this post. I don't know how it happened but I've never seen it before.

I decided to post backwards anywa. :p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Oh man, I love it when people start talking to me when I chaingrab, as a kind of counter-gay reflex people have. It's hilarious.

Throwback tried it at Rocky.

I just started hobbling and he talked and talked and talked and I never screwed up. gg

Know what else I love? When people don't try to mash out. Even if you don't think you'll get out anyway, it makes it a whole lot less stressful for me as the CGer when my opponent doesn't bother mashing.

Everyone feel free to try and gay my concentration during CGs next time plz, I appreciate the practice.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
lmao tedeth I thought you did that on purpose.

EA, I just need practice against IC's in general, so I'll MM (or friendlies, whatever it takes) you just for that alone. Only time I've ever gone against Icies that can chain grab was Atilla, and I just CP'd with my own IC's so he couldn't do it properly. >_>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lols tibs, pikajew? also ea remember that time we yelled in your ear? and it caused you to mess up the chaingrab?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Haha CPing ICs against me won't really work unless you actually know how to play them yourself (Meteor/Tedeth are the only ones who've really beat me in IC dittos). Also fun fact: Lain is crazy good at IC dittos, he said everyone tries to ditto him and that's how he got good at them lol.

Metanova, I'll be happy to MM you whenever I see you. It'll also help me, I badly need Zelda matchup experience. :)

Are you coming to Boost VI perchance?

ATYEO - Oh, I remember. I also remember Shaya telling you to stop. I mean, personally I didn't mind, I'm no sadist or anything but I think it's my responsibility as a player to be able to block that **** out. But Shaya telling you to stop made me happy. :D Even if it was probably for don't-get-us-kicked-out-of-the-venue reasons.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
kirby is hell easy to cg... and desynch blizzard is a kick arse approach...

do you remember the first time we played the match condog? i grabbed you in less than 3 seconds and then you died. lolololol

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If we're talking about my ICs, I'll smash your Kirby anything.
that isn't snake

MM at Boost VI kthx.

Keep thinking those doubles friendlies actually meant anything LOL

C~Dog

Smash Champion
They were doubles friendlies? I recall playing one singles match with you good sir!! xD

And sure, ill MM you :3 $5 best of 3? Prolly wont use kirby tho, since i only one cos you didnt charge the usmashes >__< would ICs dittos be cool?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
IC dittos would be fantastic, it's always fun to try them against IC players. :D

MMs $2 best-of-3 plz, sry but I'm hellaz broke, plus I normally do them for $2 max anyway. Use whatever character you want, cept snake I guess. Probably not dittos for the actual MM tho, would rather it be more serious if we're playing for money (unless you seriously wanna pick ICs? that's fine with me then :3).

And yeah, there was probably one singles game in there. I really wanted to play you way more than that though, it wasn't enoughhhhhhh. D:

Let's get IT AWN.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Don't know if anyone cares about this thread anymore but if they do maybe they'd wanna change my name from dre_89_ in the NSW PT mains to Dre., which is obviously my new account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom