• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't know for if we'll be doing an update soon. I'd have to check with the committee for sure.

Upon the next update though, we have confirmed an amended coaching rule as well as unified pools tie breakers rules.

Anything else that might be on there is still in discussion phases. Those are just the things that have been more or less approved.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah. Basically we've focused recently on pools. We went as far as figuring out how to break ties in those wtf 3 way ties and multiple 2 way tie situations.

D

Deleted member

Why are you guys still discussing Norfair when I told you that there haven't been discussions within the RC to legalize it?

Does not understand :(
Is it wrong to voice our opinions? Just because the BBR-RC thinks it shouldn't be legal, that doesn't mean that the rest of the community agrees with you. Discussion like this is healthy and can often lead to change. If we didn't discuss anything because "you have no plans to discuss it", then there wouldn't even be a Unity Ruleset version 1.4.

You guys need to not be so iron-fisted about this and be more open to discussion.

Saw it.

It wasn't really what I was looking for. Basically, that video showed that MK is really good on that stage, but doesn't show that he's good at timing people out. He started stalling in the beginning, but that was it. He went super aggro afterward and Coney quit only 3 minutes in after losing two stocks.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Also, lol DDD on Norfair.
He's the character with the slowest air mobility.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
norfair could quite possibly be DDD's worst stage since he loses his cg on damn near the whole cast (except those with standing infinites). plus, like this guys said ^^ air mobility is an issue for him here.

NNID
Budget_Player
Oh yeah, it should be clear that certain characters are simply horrible examples on norfair. The stage's layout makes it virtually intraversable or unplayable for some; Luigi, ICs, DDD, and maybe a few more simply cannot win there if they lose the lead.

NNID
Budget_Player
would luigi really be that bad off?
He has both terrible air speed (possibly worst in the game) and mediocre range/projectiles in virtually every direction. On the ground, he can get very mobile very fast with downB (and his dash isn't awful), but this is not an option on Norfair. At best, he can hope for a misfire, but even that is extremely telegraphed and punishable.

In fact, I'd argue that Norfair possibly invalidates several characters all on its own (the only real comparison being RC, but that's not nearly as harsh and only really applicable for Olimar, if that), and that that would make it banworthy... That said, I'm not sure whether or not this is even true, or how the leading argument to ban it from there on out would go.

NNID
Budget_Player
How can Luigi's air speed be "possibly" the worst in the game? This isn't something subjective, Dedede has the worst air speed, not Luigi.
I didn't have the figure in my head and was too lazy to check; the relevant bit is that he moves through the air at about the same speed as a parachute. Seriously, it's just bad. At least DDD can kinda make up for it with huge disjoints in every direction (every aerial except nair is really big and high-priority)... Luigi's Bair is the only aerial he has with decent range.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
In fact, I'd argue that Norfair possibly invalidates several characters all on its own (the only real comparison being RC, but that's not nearly as harsh and only really applicable for Olimar, if that), and that that would make it banworthy... That said, I'm not sure whether or not this is even true, or how the leading argument to ban it from there on out would go.
Olimar is not invalid on RC, not in the least

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Norfair is Dedede's worst stage.

I'd rather fight MK on Brinstar with a handicap and my controller unplugged than on Norfair.

NNID
Budget_Player
Norfair is Dedede's worst stage.

I'd rather fight MK on Brinstar with a handicap and my controller unplugged than on Norfair.
Yeah, it's pretty much as bad for Luigi, from what I can imagine... But is that a reason to ban the stage? We currently don't really have any other stage that does that quite to that degree...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No, it's not.

That's THE POINT of counterpicking.

One character is SUPPOSED to have the advantage.

Maybe Dedede is just a REALLY BAD CHARACTER.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Dedede is a really bad character even without stages...he loses bad to like 6 top tiers and yet he is still 10th. ***** should be like 15th.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But god forbid he is in mid tier for ALL OF THOSE PRECIOUS MID TIER TOURNAMENTS THAT WILL GET OVERRUN BY D3

Seriously, who the **** even RUNS mid tier as opposed to low tier...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Lower Dedede to mid tier.
BAN DEDEDE FROM MID TIER EVENTS.

I just put Dedede where he should be without ruining mid tier events. Dedede mains will continue to use him in regular ones because those of us that are left are mostly dedicated to our character or are me and just can't drop him for some reason.

Also ghostbone there's only one low tier who you need for low tiers, you seem to be forgetting Ganon is down there.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dedede is just a REALLY BAD CHARACTER.

Never understood how a character could be placed so highly on the tier list when he only has like 5 things going for him.
Weight, grab, bair, utilt, side-b.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Low tier used to have Ike, Sonic, PT, Ness, it was pretty fun then, but then yall cried Sonic too good, ban, we changed our minds on Ike, ban, Reflex too good, ban, etc etc

DDD has dat crouch too. Its his 4th taunt

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Dedede is just a REALLY BAD CHARACTER.

Never understood how a character could be placed so highly on the tier list when he only has like 5 things going for him.
Weight, grab, bair, utilt, side-b.
He has more than that. People oversimplifying characters really pisses me off.

But he is really bad.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
There is nobody that plays D3 at a top level anymore. Coney quit, Atomsk uses him for Snake only (or maybe some other MUs D3 destroys), and there aren't any that use him efficiently other than those 2 (in america)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
What else does he have?
I'm going to assume that anything else is already outclassed by one of those moves, because I ****ing hate Dedede. He's such a turd.
Dedede<Fox

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What else does he have?
I'm going to assume that anything else is already outclassed by one of those moves, because I ****ing hate Dedede. He's such a turd.
Dedede<Fox

You main Zamus.

You effortlessly beat all of my characters.

It's like MK except I don't know the MU because nobody plays the goddamn character.

Don't get me started about ******** characters.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Also ghostbone there's only one low tier who you need for low tiers, you seem to be forgetting Ganon is down there.
Ganon cries manly tears against Samus.

The only enjoyable low tier imo is Falcon, just because Ganon gets ***** when it's not Ganon dittos.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ganon cries manly tears against Samus.

The only enjoyable low tier imo is Falcon, just because Ganon gets ***** when it's not Ganon dittos.
Any other character tries to get over their bad MUs.

But when someone picks up Ganon it's all waaaah, I have bad MUs, screw this.

Also Ganon can stand up to Falcon, Bowser, Zelda, Link, and even Lucas and Mario in low tier.

Supposedly we go well against Jiggz, but I don't feel like getting into why I heavily disagree with that.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Any other character tries to get over their bad MUs.

But when someone picks up Ganon it's all waaaah, I have bad MUs, screw this.

Also Ganon can stand up to Falcon, Bowser, Zelda, Link, and even Lucas and Mario in low tier.

Supposedly we go well against Jiggz, but I don't feel like getting into why I heavily disagree with that.
Falcon yes, everyone else it's terrible imo lol.
But whatevs.
Low tiers are still boring without F tier characters :/

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Falcon yes, everyone else it's terrible imo lol.
But whatevs.
Low tiers are still boring without F tier characters :/
Go actually learn what Ganon's weaknesses actually are and then come back. As in actually play him for a month or two. Then your opinion will matter.

And I very much disagree.

Oh and Falcon is a terrible character who should be far lower than he is on the tier list. And I'm well aware he's 5th from the bottom right now.

LOL but this is tier list discussion.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Then he's either bad at the MUs or maining MK has messed with what he views as a "terrible" MU.

Top Bottom