• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Dude. I have no life.

I don't dance like that, I don't dance at all.
I'm not into clubs. I'm not into anything.

All I do is listen to good music (even some old classics), Play games, Hang out, and chill in my bed. I also exercise.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Same here, I used to just work, eat, sleep, hang on SWF, and repeat for weeks on end, I never broke that habit until I found an inspirational person in my life to set me free, nowadays I'm learning to enjoy life more freely and have fun at the same time, I will admit though, it was tough breaking my old routine.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, tomorrow school will return. I have 3 study days and 3 workdays per week.
I'll see what I can do about my habit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My hours are going to be cut in HALF in September...(At least for one week, I don't know past than)

My days of frivolous luxuries are over...

Also, I swear the 3DS is freakin' my eyes out. EVERYTHING on screens looks 3D now

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Sometimes I don't know why I do the things I do, or why I think the way I do. Seems to have always been a personal struggle with myself with performing certain actions only to regret them later. As well as getting negative thoughts in my head all the time, only to figure out there was nothing to worry about in the end. It only happens with the people I care about, and don't want anything bad to happen to. I always tell myself that these negative things I do won't happen again, and that I'll learn from past mistakes, but they always seem to arise over and over. I'm apparently unfixable, and it's rather bothersome.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
LoL, I'm kinda the same way, to be quite honest I don't believe it's weird at all, I believe the the thought of caring for others may be either personal instinct or just that "feeling" of others always being safe, no matter if I'm at work or wherever I always am thinking about whether or not someone close to me is safe from harms way, I may be paranoid at times but in the end I also find nothing gone wrong, it's just that feeling of caring for others that always makes me think like that.

Jasou

Smash Ace
Sometimes I don't know why I do the things I do, or why I think the way I do. Seems to have always been a personal struggle with myself with performing certain actions only to regret them later. As well as getting negative thoughts in my head all the time, only to figure out there was nothing to worry about in the end. It only happens with the people I care about, and don't want anything bad to happen to. I always tell myself that these negative things I do won't happen again, and that I'll learn from past mistakes, but they always seem to arise over and over. I'm apparently unfixable, and it's rather bothersome.
ik what you mean gatlin, it's also easy for me to get paranoid about something that might not even be there. I was worried all week about why one of my friends wasn't talking to me at all, even when i tryed to talk to him. I always blame myself until i rethink the situation heavily to the point where i realize it might not be me. but i still always worry about what people think about me, based on my actions and if i need to change them or not (not that i do anything mean or anything). and i know what i just typed was a bit of a speculation but i think i understand what your saying, and yes it is very bothersome and i feel your pain

and same here it only happens with the people i care about

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Dude. I have no life.

I don't dance like that, I don't dance at all.
I'm not into clubs. I'm not into anything.

All I do is listen to good music (even some old classics), Play games, Hang out, and chill in my bed. I also exercise.
Perfect. Absolutely perfect. But I can never understand why people see this as a bad thing. I am a person who has fun not by being at parties, or dancing, or having loud music blasted into my ears. I just like chilling in my room, and apparently, that's a bad thing. Not saying that anyone is saying that here, I'm moreso echoing the thoughts of my rabid parents. =P Sometimes, I feel like I have no enthusiasm for anything but Smash and music...and I kind of like that.

I have two best friends, both of whom I met on the internet. These two are, like, what I could ever wish for in best friends, and we aren't shy about telling each other how much we care. And yet I still, constantly, have these negative thoughts, like, "Oh they don't really care about me," or, "No one understands me," when they obviously do. It's very easy to become paranoid about the people you truly care about, because you care that much. I wouldn't use the word "unfixable," but it certainly feels that way sometimes.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
ik what you mean gatlin, it's also easy for me to get paranoid about something that might not even be there. I was worried all week about why one of my friends wasn't talking to me at all, even when i tryed to talk to him. I always blame myself until i rethink the situation heavily to the point where i realize it might not be me. but i still always worry about what people think about me, based on my actions and if i need to change them or not (not that i do anything mean or anything). and i know what i just typed was a bit of a speculation but i think i understand what your saying, and yes it is very bothersome and i feel your pain

and same here it only happens with the people i care about
I can relate to this and all of the related posts. It really only happens with people I care about and in my experience it happens a lot more of the internet. I rarely have issues with my friends where I feel like they're not talking to me, or they don't care about me enough when I'm in close contact with them. But when we're internet buddies that bothers me a lot.

I don't think it's a helpless situation but it takes a lot of work. I think the key is for you(talking to no one in particular) is to communicate these feelings with your friends and I think it's important for there to be an understanding of what EXACTLY the friendship is and what it means to the both of you. Of course this alone can be very difficult because sometimes it feels like you're making too big a deal out of nothing, and you're afraid of how the other person will react.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I can relate to this and all of the related posts. It really only happens with people I care about and in my experience it happens a lot more of the internet. I rarely have issues with my friends where I feel like they're not talking to me, or they don't care about me enough when I'm in close contact with them. But when we're internet buddies that bothers me a lot.

I don't think it's a helpless situation but it takes a lot of work. I think the key is for you(talking to no one in particular) is to communicate these feelings with your friends and I think it's important for there to be an understanding of what EXACTLY the friendship is and what it means to the both of you. Of course this alone can be very difficult because sometimes it feels like you're making too big a deal out of nothing, and you're afraid of how the other person will react.
yea i've been thinking of asking him, "are you annoyed by me lately?"
but like you said it is difficult because it will make it look like a big deal out of nothing.

@Palpi sure post it, i have never seen one myself and i'm curious

@Gatlin are we speculating or is this actually what you were talking about, because we want to be helpful

Strife

Banned via Warnings
For some reason I find this insulting. When you can or can't do something about a major problem it still worries you. I was expecting something of substance out of that chart.

I feel a bit disappointed in myself and anxious I guess. I wanted to wake up crazy early tomorrow to complete some work I should have done last week, but I spent too long completing things and that's not gonna happen anymore. And I'm anxious because I'm job hunting again, it can be difficult to stay positive when so many jobs in my field require a valid driver's license and/or more experience.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Not worrying about your problems is essentially the same as not doing anything to deal with them and waiting for them to work themselves out, which might work 5% of the time.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I think the point is that you can do something about your problems without actually working about them. I think it takes a very special kind of person to pull that off though.

Palpi

Smash Hero
It is obviously an oversimplification of things, and shouldn't be taken seriously, but it still makes the good point of rather than worrying, do something about your problems. Which I cannot always do either, but I sure try.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Regrets are a waste of energy - why dwell on the past when you can't do anything to change it?

Train yourself to always have positive thoughts in your head and never dwell on anything negative. Do that for awhile and you'll learn to subconsciously block out negative thoughts.

"Mistakes" that you think you made.. they aren't mistakes. If you feel you did something wrong for a second, just shrug it off and say it was meant to be that way and you know to do different next time. Why bother feel bad about it?

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Regrets are a waste of energy - why dwell on the past when you can't do anything to change it?

Train yourself to always have positive thoughts in your head and never dwell on anything negative. Do that for awhile and you'll learn to subconsciously block out negative thoughts.

"Mistakes" that you think you made.. they aren't mistakes. If you feel you did something wrong for a second, just shrug it off and say it was meant to be that way and you know to do different next time. Why bother feel bad about it?
This quote annoyed me a lot. In my experience people who share this kind of mentality are usually ignorant *****.

Regrets are not a waste of energy. It is only by regretting something that we can understand the magnitude of our mistakes and thereby learning from it.

''If you did something wrong.....just say it was meant to be?'' What an assanine statement. If I take someone's money and they can't by there medication because of it, then it's not that it was meant to be, it's that I'm an *** for ****ing him/her over. If you never feel bad about anything, then you can't grow. It's too bad people like you exist.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Clearly, one should analyze situations where if they did something else an outcome may have been better, but not to the point where they are dwelling on it and feeling worse about themselves because of what they did. THAT is a waste of energy and is why there are so many posts in this thread.

You're jumping to a lot of conclusions based on that post, and living without regrets is living a positive and happy lifestyle that will only help you succeed in more situations and just life in general.

Understand the "mistake," learn from it and know when to apply it, then stop thinking about it. Why mull over that which you cannot change?

Every action you made in your life got you to where you are today. If you aren't happy where you're at, well then that's another thing all together.

Top Bottom