• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Pluvia, stop being a ****. When I was unemployed every rejection was devastating. Just let Rubyiris vent.

On topic: AT&T added a monthly allowence. This is getting ridiculous.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, when I was unemployed and my gf wasn't I felt like ****. I felt like I was letting her and my family down. It really does feel devastating.

However, I lucked out and got a fast food job. Isn't the best, but it'll work until I'm done with college.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Exactly. Imagine finishing college and getting rejected for a janitor position.
Overqualified! No work experience!

Lol my brother has an economics degree and he was rejected from a job in a department store. Not enough work experience even though he'd worked at Bloomberg. >.>

He found good work in the end though.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
as someone also trying to get a(nother) job, i can wholeheartedly say it blows ****ing ****s

and then as soon as you get a job you'll start *****ing about how ****ty your job is

life is contradiction

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Overqualified! No work experience!

Lol my brother has an economics degree and he was rejected from a job in a department store. Not enough work experience even though he'd worked at Bloomberg. >.>

He found good work in the end though.
I hate how some people won't hire because you don't have work experience, everyone at some point had no work experience, we all have to start somewhere.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah that's true lol, but a lot of schoolkids and university students look for voluntary work or summer jobs to set them up.

Thing is they look for long time work experience and it's like wtf how the hell am I meant to be born with it?

Of course that's why being connected is important, so you can slide your way past normal regs.

It's really gay how the system just kinda begs you to practice corruption to be successful.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Absolutely nothing, nothing infuriates me as much as PC problems.

omfg i want to throw monitors
Technically, you still have a busted PC of fail, as well as a busted monitor. Good for you.

I became a PC Technician because I hate computers. Now they fear me.

Monitors are pretty cheap. Chuck it baybee. ****'s pretty satisfying.

Especially bigass CRT monitors.
The biggest of ***'s! The jiggly butt.

The person that was supposed to me my freaking doubles partner/ mentor has decided he wants to main metaknight. So now i'm stuck with this mediocre marth that isn't consistent.

This just proves that Brawl ruins people's lives. :glare:
Hmm, I say play melee, and brawl. But more melee. It'll help your Brawl marth out with spacing.

There always seems to be so much excuses in your posts, but you're preaching to the wrong person, I'm just here to get my point across. I doubt anyone here is actually surprised you're not doing a 8 hour day 7 days a week job at the moment, or that you're still in a crappy situation.

I'm not, but I lack common sense apparently so hell what do I know.

Edit: Ninja'd by you Teran, I need to refresh more I spend ages writing. I got my point across anyway so there's nothing more for me to say.
Damn Pluvia, the entire point of this thread is to vent, not to find contradictions in people's post and then prod them about it. To be provoked into unhappiness by being judged over and over again is just messed up. Let Ruby do what he wants. Live your life, not judge Ruby's contradictions. Play some Pokect Monsters Isshu. That's the spirit. I wish you knew Ruby IRL, that way, you'd know what he means in his posts, instead of him just being a name and an avatar.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's even worse if you didn't do work experience during school.

Edit: 70% of the time I read something then write my messages only to see I was faffing about for a few minutes and got ninja'd.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Over here you're considered an adult at 16 and you can leave school and home and get married without your parents consent if you wanted.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Ahh. I see. I hear the way they take care of people overseas is much better than America. Being 16 is not even worth being excited for. In Teneesee, you can't smoke until you are 19. lol

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nah my theory is it's just a way to get taxes or something. Plus nobody gets married at 16 anyway so there's no point changing that.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
I remembered when I turned 14 and got my working papers in NY. I was so excited, and I applied for like a bazillion jobs and every one told me I was too young. Fast forward 3 years. I'm still too young and I'm almost in college. Why do you have to be 18 to wash dishes? I've been washing dishes since I was 6 years old. The f*ck is this.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Arizona is heating up and getting ready for summer. I'ma miss the cool temps :(

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My date went... bland near the end. Maybe extremely.

That's gonna leave my spring break with a really bad after taste. Gah.

Also, the thread icons to the this make me rage. I hope your happy, LT.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Just saw a spider in my bathroom, and now I am all antsy. Spiders and me don't mix too well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That's surprisingly touching. Thank you so much, Palpi.

:)

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I can't stop thinking about her, but I want to. I know this whole little amorphous thing we have going on doesn't have a romantic, happy end. But she's stuck in my head. I can't get rid of her.

:|

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Work experience is the most useful thing on a resume because thats what makes you good is practice. Its like saying I'm have a really good fox but I rarely play melee. No u don't

Two guys above me, you have to want to. Terrible advice but....

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
^That's the worst!
And I've found no remedy so far.
I'm assuming committing suicide would be pretty effective, but don't do that, unless you make art and want it to be famous.

The next best thing is to ignore the negatives and focus on the positives of being single. The positives being freedom, the excitement of being able to meet someone new, and not having someone ring you when you're in the middle of playing wifi or watching football.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Work experience is the most useful thing on a resume because thats what makes you good is practice. Its like saying I'm have a really good fox but I rarely play melee. No u don't

Two guys above me, you have to want to. Terrible advice but....
Work experience is only relevant if it's the same job.

The whole "get up early etc" is something we've been doing since school so..

Relevant work experience is really hard to get, and so you end up doing work experience that doesn't relate at all, which works fine on your CV/resumé but then all that shows is that we have to jump through hoops rather than actually be skilled to get far in life.

Which is pretty much why everyone is so incompetent.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Generally people just want work experience so they can check with your last employers if you're a good worker. Relevant work experience usually only applies for skilled jobs, which is what school and apprenticeships are for.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I got sick again. Fever, a terrible cough, bad enough to cause suffocation and vomiting periodically, hyper-sensitivity in the skin/hair, and a really bad headache. Feels like I'm blazed, only it's excruciating pain rather than pleasant and mellow.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I wish manning up was easier. I'm always afraid to tackle my problems and fix my screw ups. I just keep putting them off.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I dunno about about you but I've always been the type of person to man up, admit mistakes, and do everything in my power to remedy them.

*Shrug.*

Update: I have influenza. Went to an Urgent Care, got checked out, filled my scripts. Just camping out for the next 30 'til they're ready.

Top Bottom