• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Lunch tmie at work is so boring, we aren't allowed to stream media or go on facebook. And surf protection blocks all gaming and sex related websites. There is nothing left after all that.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I need to practice controlling my hyper compulsive personality.

Aside from that i'm a bit worried about my body right now because I've been needing to drink way too much water lately. I at least have more then 6 full glasses a day lately and the weather is definitely not hot to the point where it's uncomfortable here. I still have to pee a lot because of it too.... it's really confusing. I'm not posting this for a pitty party though, it's not really a nuisance to my day. Maybe someone knows what this could be?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Has your diet changed in any way? If your salt intake for example, is going up, then you're going to get thirstier to dilute the higher concentrations of salt.

There are other causes but I highly doubt that any of them apply otherwise you would be complaining about more than just being thirsty.

Jasou

Smash Ace
Hmmmm that could actually be it. I have been eating a lot of fast food this week, which is not a good thing. I've also had a lot of unhealthy breakfasts.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Nope.

There should be a law against it. Anyone heard complaining about their job should be fined, and the money go towards funding more jobs.

:phone:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hmmmm that could actually be it. I have been eating a lot of fast food this week, which is not a good thing. I've also had a lot of unhealthy breakfasts.
Fast food is packed to the hilt with salt among other things, so that is probably it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
6 grams of salt is like on the dot perfect intake.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
**** is about to get real up in this thread, I'm going to express a worry I have.

I have an addiction, for a long time now. Nothing illegal, or anything lewd. I am a fantasy addict. I do not mean the genre, I mean fantasies of the mind, not even brown studies. Purely visions of grandeur, surrealistic scenarios, and at times just plain omnipotence. Often throughout the day I need a fix of plugging in my earphones and listening to music. I don't listen to the lyrics despite my frequent listening, couldn't even sing the words of any of the songs). They're just the soundtrack.

I realize it is an escapism of reality. Sometimes when I go out and socialize, which is rare, I come back and have a desire to mindlessly waste away some time doing it. It's frustrating to spend a portion of the day, albeit sometimes a small bit of it, dedicated to doing something that does nothing but compensate for my apparent intolerance of reality.

I was doing it up to writing this comment, and I may go back to doing it, though might distract myself with my 3DS. Not trying to be a buzz kill, I'm not depressed or anything, at least I don't think. And that is the third paragraph in the row that started with the word "I", dang it, hate writing like this. Laters~

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have a horrible full-body sunburn. I think it's the first injury in at least 14 years that's actually made me sob. I've never had anything more than a scalp, or nose sunburn, so I was not ready for something like this.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
**** is about to get real up in this thread, I'm going to express a worry I have.

I have an addiction, for a long time now. Nothing illegal, or anything lewd. I am a fantasy addict. I do not mean the genre, I mean fantasies of the mind, not even brown studies. Purely visions of grandeur, surrealistic scenarios, and at times just plain omnipotence. Often throughout the day I need a fix of plugging in my earphones and listening to music. I don't listen to the lyrics despite my frequent listening, couldn't even sing the words of any of the songs). They're just the soundtrack.

I realize it is an escapism of reality. Sometimes when I go out and socialize, which is rare, I come back and have a desire to mindlessly waste away some time doing it. It's frustrating to spend a portion of the day, albeit sometimes a small bit of it, dedicated to doing something that does nothing but compensate for my apparent intolerance of reality.

I was doing it up to writing this comment, and I may go back to doing it, though might distract myself with my 3DS. Not trying to be a buzz kill, I'm not depressed or anything, at least I don't think. And that is the third paragraph in the row that started with the word "I", dang it, hate writing like this. Laters~
I know what you're talking about.

I've almost always allocated fantasy time as a bedtime thing, or maybe if you're on the train or something.

God this could be so bad out of context.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ruby you'd make a fantastic German.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I know what you're talking about.

I've almost always allocated fantasy time as a bedtime thing, or maybe if you're on the train or something.

Yeah, I get what you're talking about. Every night takes me hours to sleep because I can't make my mind stop (unless my body is exhausted of course), and if I want to think about coming up with a story to write, 10 minutes later I'll realize I didn't come up with anything and I was sidetracked by fantasy. Same with your train example, when I'm in a car, I almost never pay attention to the surroundings, just dunk my head in the clouds until we get to our destination.

God this could be so bad out of context.
In bed is fine, but try not doing it on the train.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The best way to combat excessive fantasy (a little never hurt anyone :p) is to try to set a goal of some kind that is realistically obtainable.

Like honestly I've had so many occasions of just imagining being a wrestler as a kid, that I recently just thought screw it, if I can't be a wrassler, I can be READY BROTHER like Hulk Hogan, so I trained with the Hulkster and now I look quite good in a short span of time. Short in relative terms, like, a couple months, of course this is just the start on a long path but I'm constantly within reach of goals.

The one problem with fantasy is just how everything is within your imagination, but outside your grasp. Just... thinking of things out of reach is so jading, sometimes it's good to think of awesome things that can actually be done too.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's true that I presently lack goals right now, which really sucks. Those two things are likely linked, I'll try extra hard to get some, even if they are small. Hell, maybe even get in shape, not for wrestling, but just for the sake of getting in shape. Last time I tried it didn't last too long but I put a lot of heart into it while I was at it.

Fantasy will never leave my life entirely, and you're right, it won't hurt, maybe even healthy. Thanks for the suggestion, hope to kill most of it.

“Imagination is for turbo-nerds who can’t handle how kickbutt reality is.” - Finn the Human

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I have a horrible full-body sunburn. I think it's the first injury in at least 14 years that's actually made me sob. I've never had anything more than a scalp, or nose sunburn, so I was not ready for something like this.
Jeez man, if you aren't a leper you should be grateful and stop whining. If you have skin you shouldn't be allowed to complain about it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ruby, stop it. People who have a job can still complain; there are ****ty jobs, ****ty bosses, and ****ty conditions that are worthy of complaining about. Sure, I sympathize with you about not having a job, but you have no right to determine what people are allowed to complain about. Drop it.

As for everyone else, do the same and drop it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't care about their conditions. They have a stable income. They should learn to deal with what is thrown at them in silence and enjoy the fact that they actually have a job.

You have no idea how much it angers me when someone who has a job complains about it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't care about their conditions. They have a stable income. They should learn to deal with what is thrown at them in silence and enjoy the fact that they actually have a job.

You have no idea how much it angers me when someone who has a job complains about it.
There is always someone worse off than you. By this metric nobody should complain about anything, ever. Your sunburn isn't any less trivial than someone's career woes. There are many people who would kill to be in your position, where a sunburn is a big enough problem to even mention to other people. I was trying to say this with the leprosy metaphor but it just seemed to ricochet off your gigantic thick head

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No one is allowed to complain. End Thread.

But seriously, my skin has been being so weird lately. If I use my facewash too often, it dries my skin. If I don't use it often, I break out. I don't know which is worse.. dry skin or acne.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Maybe you need a face wash with moisturizers or aloe in it :o keep your face clear while keeping your skin happy c:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Here's a thought:

Put all that post-secondary training to good use and get a ****ing job. Maybe then you'll stop *****ing and moaning about everyone else having one. Oh, wait. But you have good excuses! The economy's ****; your living situation sucks; you don't have reliable transportation; everything in your life ****ing sucks, and the whole goddamn universe is conspiring against Rubyiris to keep him/her out of a job. Am I getting this right?

Get over yourself, and stop being a goddamn hypocrite. People have the right to complain about anything they want, even **** as trivial as a sunburn.

Edit: I just read your post, Werekill. Sorry. I won't say anything else after this.

Smooth Criminal

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No one is allowed to complain. End Thread.

But seriously, my skin has been being so weird lately. If I use my facewash too often, it dries my skin. If I don't use it often, I break out. I don't know which is worse.. dry skin or acne.

Use non alcoholic exfoliant scrubs followed by moisturiser, that does the trick for me I've never had a single facial breakout in my entire life.

You can even skip the conventional moisturisers and look into using Argan oil. It should be available at any health shop, and you literally only need a drop or two to get amazing results for your entire face, or any part of your body for that matter. It also does wonders for your hair. It's not like other oils either in that it is very quickly absorbed thus not giving you a greasy/oily sheen that quite frankly a lot of normal moisturisers even cause.

Edit: Also did none of you listen to Werekill? He already asked you not to push the issue with Rubyiris anymore, this really doesn't need to continue. I mean everyone's parroting the same message now really, I think it's quite enough.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well as long as it doesn't continue that's the main thing, no biggie.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Gnats... gnats every night. I know they come through my window too. I have my AC set up, and even though I taped the seams shut around my window and AC, the little demons still manage to find a way in. What am I to do? It gets annoying, and I'm pretty sure even mosquitoes find a way in as well. I set up screens in the openings of my AC for good measure, but no, they keep finding a way in. Every night, I take out the bug spray and my slippers and kill away, and it gets tiresome. Maybe they're reproducing somewhere in my room and I don't know where the source is? I mean, there's no such problem anywhere else in the apartment; just my room. Maybe I'm just not seeing exactly where it is they enter? *sighs*

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Here's a thought:

Put all that post-secondary training to good use and get a ****ing job. Maybe then you'll stop *****ing and moaning about everyone else having one. Oh, wait. But you have good excuses! The economy's ****; your living situation sucks; you don't have reliable transportation; everything in your life ****ing sucks, and the whole goddamn universe is conspiring against Rubyiris to keep him/her out of a job. Am I getting this right?

Get over yourself, and stop being a goddamn hypocrite. People have the right to complain about anything they want, even **** as trivial as a sunburn.

Edit: I just read your post, Werekill. Sorry. I won't say anything else after this.

Smooth Criminal
If I could get a job, even WITH my training, and internship, I wouldn't be so upset, now wouldn't I? There's a REASON why I'm so adamant when people complain about having a job. They have no idea how lucky they are!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
If I could get a job, even WITH my training, and internship, I wouldn't be so upset, now wouldn't I? There's a REASON why I'm so adamant when people complain about having a job. They have no idea how lucky they are!
We already understand that you are pissed off that you don't have a job, but criticizing others isn't going to change that.

Top Bottom