• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
omg it sucks here so much sometimes

I would happily take heavy rains for a week, over this
It generally lasts for 2 1/2 weeks over here. What sucks is I don't have a car yet so I have to ride my bike in it. It makes going to a grocery store a ****ing adventure. Plus I gotta put all of my rain gear in.

Apparently, monsoon season brings in critters like this into my apartment so they can escape the heavy rains. (BTW it's not my picture lol)

I found this guy in my room last night, chilling under some clothes. I heard they deliver a nasty, poisonous bite that requires a hospital visit and if you crush them, pheromones are released and attract their mates.

So I somehow (and with much freak out) captured him in a big jar, closed the lid, and walked down the street in pouring rain and threw him into a rice field. Those guys are grooooss><

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Ooooh I was reading about those not too long ago! That's scary. Best of luck with that! :x

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
So begins the job search. Interned at a warehouse for three months. Busted *** and did as much work as people taller and at least 3x-4x my physical strength. Two people were hired over me without even looking at my application. One is the kid of the owner, and the other is an older Guy. :|

Got a letter of recommendation, but damn. I'd have rather just been on the payroll.

So.far I've applied to Lowes, Sears, Kmart, home depot, harbor freight, Pepsi, target, Walmart, a few government gigs, a few maintenance jobs, and a few parts runner jobs. Going to apply locally over my summer break.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some customer started cussing me out at work because I wouldn't accept his ID. I than threw his ID down on the table and said I am refusing service to you. I couldn't stand how horribly this customer was treating me, especially when he actually DID have a perfectly usable ID as well (For some reason not wanting to take it out)

As an afterthought I probably should have been more polite while telling him I refuse service, but I was so mad I was shaking.

Managers were involved and it is a GOOD thing I am a good employee, and apparently this guy has caused trouble before.

What's worse, the customer told the manager he talked in a respectable manor and politely handed me his ID and I just went crazy and threw the ID at him. He said I was racist and would have got me for assault if his ID had hit him when I threw it down on the counter. He told the manager he wanted me to pick up his ID and place it in his hand, which I refused to do. Which seemed to piss him off more.

Do people like that REALLY exist in this world?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So yesterday, somehow my doorknob fell to the ground. Needless to say, it's busted. So this morning, my girlfriend and I went to the home improvement store to buy a door knob but I didn't know what size my original door knob was so, we went back home to measure it. We then relaxed and then planned to go watch a movie at around 8:50 pm. So before we left, we stopped at the same home improvement store and I bought the door knob I thought fit it the best.

So we watched the movie and in we drove back in pouring rain (the closest movie theater is a hour away). We got home around 12:30 am. So while my girlfriend got ready for bed, I was trying to replace the door knob in pouring rain. Apparently, the knob I bought was way to big and couldn't git into the door knob holes. I was trying really hard to fit it in their. Well, it all happened pretty fast but I slipped and crashed into the window on my back door. It shattered with glasses falling onto me outside and inside.

I crashed into the glass with my elbow so the glass cut up all up my elbow. As well, it's monsoon season so my indoors is flooded with bugs now. So I have a huge gaping hole with shattered glass still attached to the door, a bloodied elbow, and a scared girlfriend. Thankfully, I didn't get any in my eye and I suffered some cuts and scratches on my left arm, neck, and back. I am alright but I now have a broken window.

And tomorrow is Sunday and the Board of Education is closed so I can't get a hold of my supervisor. Plus there is glass everywhere outside my door and my students tend to play behind my apartment or wait for me to leave so they can talk to me/follow me. My girlfriend wrote "Beware of glass on the ground. Please don't come near" in a big red marker and we taped it to another unbroken window.

So, I have to replace a window and a door knob now (the door knob itself was the cheapest and was around $30). And I just fixed my bike after someone hit it with a car.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. :). Tomorrow is a new day d(^_^o)

Day 1 of my broken window is almost over. I didn't sleep at all because I thought someone would try to come in.

Woke up and we both cleaned up the broken glass that's outside in monsoon level rain. We then tried to relax and watch a movie. But sometimes glass would fall down.

We called my supervisor at least 6 times and emailed him but no luck. So I tried to call the BoE just in case someone was there. I got someone on my third try and he was a ******* that I don't know. Basically said "you really don't know what to do? Call a repair man and fix it. You have to pay.". Then he called back to tell me he couldn't get ahold of my supervisor and that "I'm out of luck.". He then called back a third time to ask if I cleaned up the glass and told me to call my landlord. I however don't have his name or number. He then proceeded to reprimand me for not knowing. He then, all-knowingly, informed I have to wait till the morning. Thanks ****.

And no it's storming with high levels winds so we battered down the hatches.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I have a friend that I'm missing right now a LOT. I haven't talked to him in almost a month and these past few days it has been tearing me apart. I really miss him and I want him to come back, but I have absolutely no way to contact him since my phone is without a paid plan at the moment. I need a way to get ahold of him...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never really had a good friend I could miss by not seeing them for a long time.

My friends I've kept kind of just do their own thing and if we meet up after a year, or a month, whatever we just go with it.

Only time I'd really miss someone is a love interest

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Do they have a facebook, Cam? o_o. Myspace? Twitter? Any of those sites?

I don't have enough people that I actually converse with to make me feel that way. I feel kinda sad when I stop talking to a person, but that goes away after a few days since I'm used to it xD.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I would love nothing more than to throw myself into my work, so that I can take my mind of my problems. But the stupid server and datafiles are giving me nothing but problems(not surprised though), hopefully I can get it resolved quickly this time.

edit: Since I've just been having problem after problem lately(some out of my control, and others I should have avoided), on top of me being distant with other members of my work team, my job could very well be in danger. Right now I imagine my supervisor doesn't have the best things to say about me.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I've never really had a good friend I could miss by not seeing them for a long time.

My friends I've kept kind of just do their own thing and if we meet up after a year, or a month, whatever we just go with it.

Only time I'd really miss someone is a love interest
Pretty much this. Although I do live with my best friend during school time... But then come summer, there are times where we don't talk for months. Doesn't bother me at all.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Being confident that I'm HIV+ I don't know how to feel anymore.

I had my near nervous breakdown last Thursday where I couldn't stop wondering if I had it or not, and then after that when I started to feel sick I just accepted that I did. I stopped wondering if I had it, and just resigned myself to it. It sucked, but I felt calm and I wasn't stressing over it. But now I just can't help but to hope. For the most part I don't want to hope, because logically I raeson that all the evidence points towards me being HIV+. But I just can't help to think that things are going to be ok. I guess I've always been a pesiment, whenever I was in a bad situation I would assume the worst would happen, and it never did. Somehow things always seemed to work our, and usually work out pretty well. I guess I've been through so much that it has really strengthened my faith in life and my faith in God. I can't help but think I'll be ok, even though I want to protect myself by reiterating to myself that I am infected.

I'm just not sure how to feel about it anymore. I realize that this could all go bad, and I could be heartbroken, distraught, hysterical or worse a little less than 2 months when I take the test, but I think I'm gonna hope. To my surprise in the end, it turns out that I am a believer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I had my near nervous breakdown last Thursday where I couldn't stop wondering if I had it or not, and then after that when I started to feel sick I just accepted that I did. I stopped wondering if I had it, and just resigned myself to it. It sucked, but I felt calm and I wasn't stressing over it. But now I just can't help but to hope. For the most part I don't want to hope, because logically I raeson that all the evidence points towards me being HIV+. But I just can't help to think that things are going to be ok. I guess I've always been a pesiment, whenever I was in a bad situation I would assume the worst would happen, and it never did. Somehow things always seemed to work our, and usually work out pretty well. I guess I've been through so much that it has really strengthened my faith in life and my faith in God. I can't help but think I'll be ok, even though I want to protect myself by reiterating to myself that I am infected.

I'm just not sure how to feel about it anymore. I realize that this could all go bad, and I could be heartbroken, distraught, hysterical or worse a little less than 2 months when I take the test, but I think I'm gonna hope. To my surprise in the end, it turns out that I am a believer.
Shouldn't you go to a doctor if you are so sure?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm going to see a doctor today, but the test won't be accurate until 6-8 weeks after exposure. Noting to do but wait and pray.

And now that I'm hoping again, I'm having a hard time concentrating on work again. Great!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yikes! It turns out things are really bad between my landlord and I. Half expect to be given notice to leave the apartment when I get back tonight. This sucks particularly because my computer is offline at the moment which will make apartment hunting very difficult. I knew there were issues but I had no idea that they were this bad. We'll see what happens I guess.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So my boss is a prick who talks down to me every day, he has called me fat, ugly, stupid, and has said i lack common sense.

Today while i was waiting for him to send me out on my last run of the day (i am a driver and i deliver stuff) he decided then was a good time to get on the phone for half an hour or more and talk about fishing. Then after giving me a not so bad route he changed his mind and decided to send me to a place way out of the way which would add at least half an hour to my delivery. Then i said "i dont want to go to that place" (not that i wouldn't go just i didnt want to). He then got angry at me says it a job and walks away in a huff after i told him i didnt say i wouldnt go. Then right as i was pulling away he comes outside and starts giving me a talk about how i was wrong about what i said. Finally having enough (it should be noted yesterday he gave me a 10 min speech about how i dont have common sense) i told him how i thought it was disrespectful to have me waiting for an hour to be sent out when he spends half an hour on the phone talking about fishing. Then he really started getting mad telling me not to tell him how to run his business and its no business of mine what he talks on the phone about and how its on his own time so i shouldn't complain b/c he is paying me for the time. I then point out half an hour is only $4.25 so its not like he dying over paying me that half an hour where he was just talking on the phone.

Anyway really hate this job and i want to quit but my parents keep saying how i need the money, i keep telling them i will find a diff job once i leave this one (i am going to grad school in the fall but i need money for loans and stuff)

Also last night sucked but thats a whole nother story

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm at work with a pretty sharp stomach ache. It seems like there is always something keeping me from working at my maximum efficency.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Dude getting sick within like a week of possible exposure isn't a sign that you're HIV+

You just got sick man, it happens. You'll have to wait for the definitive answer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dude getting sick within like a week of possible exposure isn't a sign that you're HIV+

You just got sick man, it happens. You'll have to wait for the definitive answer.
I was going to say the same thing

It means you're a hypochondriac

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I've applied to several hundred jobs. All of them didn't want me.

Btw, that was every job for my entire COUNTY.

I think I might have to move away just to fond a job...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm completely out of practice with guitar. I'm catching up fast though. I guess it's sort of like a bike

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

Well now more and more it's starting to seem as if it may have just been a coincidence. Only time will can tell if I'm sick or not. And I need to start acting like that.

I've applied to several hundred jobs. All of them didn't want me.

Btw, that was every job for my entire COUNTY.

I think I might have to move away just to fond a job...

Are you exaggerating?

If not then is it possible that you're doing something wrong in the interview process or a problem with your resume? A freind of mine just came to this country a little over a month ago, and already she has a few jobs(with no college degree). Remember that job seeking is a learning process, mayvbe you need to change something in your approach.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I didn't even make it to the interview process.

My resume is professionally written by my trade school. I also have tons of credentials. My problem is that nobody wants a Guy who's only work experience is a 3 month internship at a warehouse.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I don't mean to be rude, but if you've only worked a 3 month internship then what are your ''tons of credentials''?

I'm bummed about a few things. I have a respotory infection, I may get a notice to leave my apartment and my computer isn't working. :(

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have my plumbing certification, forklift certification, hazwoper certification, and my Osha 10 training. I also have experience using most power tools, hand trucks, pallet Jack's, and driving heavy load-bearing trucks.

I'm a trade school student.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Seems unfitting for a future woman. xD

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's just something to bear in mind because HRT will make you a bit of a weakling compared to now.

Top Bottom