• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh....you put them on the back of your car?? I read that as backseat, for some reason...

Why not just put them inside?

Smash Lord
That's what I was going to do. Somehow, it just didn't happen.

Chances are, I'm going to have to quit the game. No one buys damaged goods and I'd likely have to spend a few hundred to build anything playable at this point.

I think I'm going to put more time into my studies and smash now. At the very least skill and knowledge can't disappear into thin air.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My cards were all stolen. (I knew who stole them, just not where to find the person)

Even though I had a backup deck, I didn't think it was worth continuing.

This, of course, was MANY years ago. I'm sure the game has advanced quite a bit since than.

Smash Lord
I went back to pick some of the stuff up. It's kind of sad. I see money cards, but they are all run over and stuff.

I mean seeing stuff like dark confidant and ravinica sac lands run over is infuriating.

I don't even know how to get money out of what I have left. I'd have to market the vast majority of my money cards as heavily played. I'm almost tempted to just keep what I have left as is. No card shop is going to buy the stuff and I'm afraid to sell this on ebay because I don't have any experience selling. Chances are I'd take a ratings hit right off the bat too.

I don't know what to do.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Got fired for being an idiot. Ugh.
That sucks man. Is it a college job? I hope you can find another one.

The company I interviewed with is supposed to get back to me today as to whether or not I got the job. This would be a good thing except that I lied on the interview and gave the impression that I am capable of driving atm. If I take the job and they find out I'm not eligible to drive now, I'll probably be fired; so I have to make it clear my driving issues if they give me the job today. It's not impossible for me to get out out of this, as I did say that I did not have a state license and I didn't state that I am actually driving atm, but they may just choose to go with a different candidate since they'll be able to drive immediately(I know driving was required in the job description but I am not sure how important it is for them at this time).

Also I kinda doubt that they'll get back to me today. My recruiter said that they are interviewing their final candidate today. I doubt they'll make a decision on the day as an interview especially since in my experience companies tend to take a lot longer to get back to you than they originally said they would.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Auntie, you are the most dysfunctional piece of dog-**** that needs to be hand-carried through everything. You're honestly the biggest waste of space. You can't type up a three page document. You don't know how to use header and footers. You don't even know how to store data in appropriate folders or even know how to copy and paste? You blatantly REFUSE to learn when someone else tries to teach you and your conversational skills are sub-par and you mutter under your breath because you're too much of a ***** to say is straight to their face. You're being carried here and even then you're such an ungracious pile of dog **** that I wish you died somewhere in your own pool of arrogant ignorance. Get wrecked.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
That sucks man. Is it a college job? I hope you can find another one.

The company I interviewed with is supposed to get back to me today as to whether or not I got the job. This would be a good thing except that I lied on the interview and gave the impression that I am capable of driving atm. If I take the job and they find out I'm not eligible to drive now, I'll probably be fired; so I have to make it clear my driving issues if they give me the job today. It's not impossible for me to get out out of this, as I did say that I did not have a state license and I didn't state that I am actually driving atm, but they may just choose to go with a different candidate since they'll be able to drive immediately(I know driving was required in the job description but I am not sure how important it is for them at this time).

Also I kinda doubt that they'll get back to me today. My recruiter said that they are interviewing their final candidate today. I doubt they'll make a decision on the day as an interview especially since in my experience companies tend to take a lot longer to get back to you than they originally said they would.
More job rants.

Two of my co-workers are now being interviewed by our company for full-time permanent positions. I am not in exact the same situation as them, as they have been working here longer than I have, and they made more money to me to begin with, but even still it's bother it’s bothering me a lot. It bothers me because it makes me think that had I put forth the effort at my job that was expected of me then I may have been offered a full-time permanent position too.

I was never too crazy about this job, and from the very beginning I have been looking for alternate employment. I was usually putting just enough effort to not get fired(sometimes even less than that) and not instead to impress my supervisors. I’ve been lazy, which as far as I can tell is not something my supervisors have noticed, they have been satisfied with my work, but they haven’t been blown away, like I could have made them had I tried to.

On the flip-side had I tried that hard I would have been very tired and stressed the **** out of my mind. I would probably have been a lot more unhappy over the summer than I was with the lighter workload. To top if off I may not have gotten a permanent hire or even another job extension had I worked that hard….but I might have! And now I guess I'll never know.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So my brother went to prison recently, and he suddenly found faith in religion and gets upset with me when my faith isn't as high as his suddenly achieved faith level. Is it me, or do most jailbirds become uber religious fanatics after a day in prison?

The thing with my brother is that, now he's become a borderline extremist, talking about things I already know a million times over back when I was into Christianity, and tried to pull guilt trips on me (of which I've become immune to anyway). It's annoying, because everytime he calls me once a week, it's never a happy conversation. Never a "hey, how are you doing? I'm doing fine. What's new? yadda yadda yadda", but instead, "you gotta give your life to Christ. Read the bible more. I would do anything for you, but you would never do the same for me" and other annoying BS like that.

Well, I finally got that off my chest, and feel better now. I guess I'll go to the gym in a few.

P.S. I don't mind people of religion. I mean, if they have faith and what not, then more power to them. What I find vexing, are those who become borderline extremists, or just plain extremists, and try to force their views on others, whilst judging others for not believing the same thing they do. Blah!

Strife

Banned via Warnings

P.S. I don't mind people of religion. I mean, if they have faith and what not, then more power to them. What I find vexing, are those who become borderline extremists, or just plain extremists, and try to force their views on others, whilst judging others for not believing the same thing they do. Blah!
I understand why that can be annoying, but what is your bother supposed to do? Is he just suppose to let your soul burn in eternal damnation?

I don't think he'd be a very good brother if he did that.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I understand why that can be annoying, but what is your bother supposed to do? Is he just suppose to let your soul burn in eternal damnation?

I don't think he'd be a very good brother if he did that.
I can understand that. What bothers me, is that he was a womanizing, weed-smoking, alcohol-swilling, thug-like individual who had zero morals. After less than a week in jail, he suddenly has a prophet complex. That's what bothers me, and frankly, I'll hazard a bet that when he eventually gets out (I predict in several years), his old habits will indeed die hard, as they always do, thus creating a hypocrite in him.

To be fair, I suppose the only thing inmates can really do is read the bible, since that's usually all they have, but it's just annoying because he had this kind of faith before, and his habits just seem to always catch up with him, turning him into a hypocrite. So his "Martin Luther King speeches" to me is nothing new at all, as he always does BS like that, but never truly practices what he preaches, or stays on that righteous path he claims to follow for very long.

I guess it's his hypocrisy that bothers me, not really his faith in a religion he suddenly followed after being locked up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found a wrapper that looked like medicine in my dogs' mouth

It turned out to be some ointment a doctor gave me

Had a big ordeal trying to figure out what it was, if it was poisonous.

Turns out, it was harmless.

stupid dog though

Edit: They put that my dog ate my ointment on my medical file for some reason though...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Going to school makes me want to rip my balls off and die. Good thing I only go twice a week~

Strife

Banned via Warnings
So it looks like I didn't get that job I interviewed for :/, and that sucks. I should get my computer back tomorrow though, so I'll be able to start applying for jobs again. Have to start over and keep trying *sighs*

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ok I am incredibly pissed about this connection speed. 6 times it's dropped to this low and it is just getting ridiculous.

I'm going to demand a discount on this past month because there is no way I'm paying for this.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I ordered a singing saw a few days ago and still haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. :mad:

EDIT: My payment went through, now that I just checked, so that's good. :awesome:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm upset that after I've eaten breakfast it still takes me another 20 minutes to get ready for work. I'm gonna be kinda late for work again today :c

D

Deleted member

Eh, I've been unhappy for about a month. Sleep tends to make me feel better.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I'm sad because my closest friend is moving schools. He is such a good friend because he likes me for the way I am, he even knows my secrets and doesn't care. I'm so sad :(

Grandeza

Smash Master
Good friend of mine and his girlfriend(who is also a good friend of mine) split up.

Friend makes facebook status saying: Any of you who are friends with my ex girlfriend are no friends of mine cause the friend of my enemy is my enemy.

I point out to him how immature that is and how he's my boy but just cause he hates her guts doesn't mean I'm going to stop being friends with her when all she's ever been is nice to me.

He says, "You've chose your side. It's a shame, I actually liked you." and deletes me as a friend on facebook (and presumably in life).

<sigh>

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
People always tend to want to arrange stuff with me at the same time.

I guess it's the problem with having several groups of friends, except incidentally they all seem to want to hang out on the same day, which is annoying because ultimately they all feel like I'm blowing them off or something because I can only say yes like once every few weeks.

Edit: Grandeza, it's not even worth being friends with a dumb turd like that, lol.

Strife

Banned via Warnings

Edit: Grandeza, it's not even worth being friends with a dumb turd like that, lol.
That's a bad way to think. People do dumb things when they are angry. Also everyone has qualities you don't like, just because someone is irrational when they are angry doesn't make them a bad friend(it's still annoying as **** though)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's a bad way to think. People do dumb things when they are angry. Also everyone has qualities you don't like, just because someone is irrational when they are angry doesn't make them a bad friend(it's still annoying as **** though)
My closest friends have done a whole number of stupid things in the 15 years I've known them, but never once have they haphazardly cut their loyalties with me because of some irrational and minor league bull****.

We all do stupid things, but being angry at a friend is different than telling them to gtfo for good. There's a code of appreciation in friendship, a level of depth in connection that you are supposed to honour and uphold.

If you can't meet that, call yourself an acquaintance, whatever, I just think people have a lack of respect for friendship in general, and throw the concept around very lightly.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Good friend of mine and his girlfriend(who is also a good friend of mine) split up.

Friend makes facebook status saying: Any of you who are friends with my ex girlfriend are no friends of mine cause the friend of my enemy is my enemy.

I point out to him how immature that is and how he's my boy but just cause he hates her guts doesn't mean I'm going to stop being friends with her when all she's ever been is nice to me.

He says, "You've chose your side. It's a shame, I actually liked you." and deletes me as a friend on facebook (and presumably in life).

<sigh>
How close were you with this guy? If the friendship is important then after a week or so just send him a friend request. If he won't accept your friend request once he's calmed down then you may want to consider if this is the kinda person you want to be friends with, and you may have to evaluate if the friendship is only important to you if he still won't accept your friendship once he's calmed down.

My closest friends have done a whole number of stupid things in the 15 years I've known them, but never once have they haphazardly cut their loyalties with me because of some irrational and minor league bull****.

We all do stupid things, but being angry at a friend is different than telling them to gtfo for good. There's a code of appreciation in friendship, a level of depth in connection that you are supposed to honour and uphold.

If you can't meet that, call yourself an acquaintance, whatever, I just think people have a lack of respect for friendship in general, and throw the concept around very lightly.
There is a lot of truth to this, the concept of friendship is unappreciated by too many people in our society.

A lot of people have this mentality that if you are not supportive of me then you don't belong in my life. And hence they'll cut you out. However I think the minute that we start saying that if they would cut us from they're life then they weren't worth being friends to begin with then we become just as bad as they are.

If you're friends with someone then you shouldn't be combative with them, even if at times it seems like they're combative with you.

Edit: I'm upset. My paycheck ended up being quite a bit lower than I expected. I can't help but feel like the payroll office screwed. Looking into this is just stress I didn't want.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A lot of people have this mentality that if you are not supportive of me then you don't belong in my life. And hence they'll cut you out. However I think the minute that we start saying that if they would cut us from they're life then they weren't worth being friends to begin with then we become just as bad as they are.

If you're friends with someone then you shouldn't be combative with them, even if at times it seems like they're combative with you.

Edit: I'm upset. My paycheck ended up being quite a bit lower than I expected. I can't help but feel like the payroll office screwed. Looking into this is just stress I didn't want.
I'm saying be combative moreso just be indifferent. I don't really believe in direct antagonism at all unless there's a very good reason, but yeah just let the guy be and if he comes around and realises he was an idiot then gives an apology, then yeah you can open a door and try to build back up from there.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm saying be combative moreso just be indifferent. I don't really believe in direct antagonism at all unless there's a very good reason, but yeah just let the guy be and if he comes around and realises he was an idiot then gives an apology, then yeah you can open a door and try to build back up from there.
And I disagree with this, I think it's dumb to lose a close friend just because he said something when he's angry/hurt. You should reach out to the guy, because he'll assume(rightfully so imo) that you don't want to be friends with him if yo don't.

But I should stress that you should only follow my philosophy if you're close friends with the guy. If you're just casual friends then it's whatever.

Jasou

Smash Ace

<sigh>
Uggh i'm annoyed just by reading it. I don't think people should be immature(that was a great way to put it) like this. I had a friend who was immature like that all the time and I eventually stopped being friends with him and It seemed like he started to mature once lots of people stopped being friends with him.

Is he like this all the time or just frustrated with the relationship? Also, there must have been a reason they broke up, but it doesn't mean you should hate everyone who is friends with that person.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And I disagree with this, I think it's dumb to lose a close friend just because he said something when he's angry/hurt. You should reach out to the guy, because he'll assume(rightfully so imo) that you don't want to be friends with him if yo don't.

But I should stress that you should only follow my philosophy if you're close friends with the guy. If you're just casual friends then it's whatever.
My point is if he's a good close friend, he wouldn't do that.

People always come around themselves anyway because they are stupid, lonely, and sad.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm upset with myself. I need to watch the company I keep. I'm starting to think that some of my close great friends have no regard for me and they keep showing that it just isn't true. What's even worse is that I kinda treat them sometimes as if they have no regard for me. I don't like this.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I messaged my friend on facebook just saying something along the lines of, Hey man we've been friends for like 3-5 years so what happened with your girlfriend has nothing to do with me. I'm not picking a side. Just re add me and we can forget it happened. I wrote a decent amount more than that but that's the main gist of it.

He responds with "TL;DR - I just don't want to have friends in common with her."

Jasou

Smash Ace
I messaged my friend on facebook just saying something along the lines of, Hey man we've been friends for like 3-5 years so what happened with your girlfriend has nothing to do with me. I'm not picking a side. Just re add me and we can forget it happened. I wrote a decent amount more than that but that's the main gist of it.

He responds with "TL;DR - I just don't want to have friends in common with her."
Wow.... just wow. You'll get sympathy from me. At least you tried to fix this issue in a mature fashion.

Top Bottom